Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It is and didn't good ole Kev put a base board around it. Where is Kev, haven't seen him for ages.
---

A meeting with his Trichologist ?
---

Every time we've taken friends to Veuve Amiot, done the degustation, got pissed (or should I be a lady and say slightly tipsy) and left with several cases. The last time we went, which admittedly was a fair few years back our combined order came out on a bloody trolley. They do a wonderful sparkling red. Unless it's changed (like the visit for Cointreau did) if you're ever in Saumur the tour of the wine caves which run under the city is well worth it.
Unfortunately it’ll have to be a bucket list item as they do not ship to the USA in any way, shape or form. But something delightful to look forward to!

• Sad
Reactions: 10

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
I am surmising you are in Navarre (I used to live in FWB, so am incredibly jealous of you right now- the "Redneck Riviera" has the BEST beaches in the entire world!) It is called the "Emerald Coast" for a reason- yeah, while having one's sailboat in your backyard is nice, our brown water on Charlotte Harbor is not the same as going on out on for a day on your jet ski up there to jump waves. Man, I miss my SeaDoo!) If you happen to make your way to either McGuire's (in Destin or Pensacola), kiss the moose for me! (And properly sanitize your lips afterwards- millions of people have kissed those damn mooses!) The sugar sand beaches are the BEST in the world up there!
Graffitis (Italian cuisine) was next to McGuires- we loved it way back when- I don’t know if it is still there. And Pandora’s that had the tiny ship on the side- was the bar- was the BEST. A hurricane finally got it. Our girls would ask to go there when they were tween-agers. Pretty fancy for their taste! There’s another Pandora’s (a little inland) but it was not the same for us.
*Gosh now I am ready for seafood!!! Dewey Destin on the water is soooo tasty!!! Oh I’m dreaming now!
☀☀🏖🏖🐠🐠

• Heart

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Cashing on your scrap in France isn't the same as in the UK. It's all registered against your company name so you pay the VAT on it. From looking at his website, nsrenouvelables.fr, I'd say Nathan is based in France all the time. He may well have said he'd knock the removal of old plumbing etc off the bill if Fanny took care of it and her being a tight arse jumped at it as she knew it would be a good job for Cuz.

You can hire skips but, in this area certainly, they don't like leaving them unless they are off the road so perhaps the same where the chateau is.
Thanks @JackSpratt. Well, I learn something new every day! I was under the impression that Nathan's company was still registered in the UK - again, learning more!
Yep, totally agree with you, SJ being the miser that she is, would have jumped at Nathan's suggestion.
My BBF's husband is a builder and skips in the UK are no where near as cheap as they used to be. As far as I know, if not positioned off the road, then permits have to be applied for, daily costs involved for a limited time span too, God alone knows if the builder goes over that time - just more additional building project costs.

Pippin speaks out

Very impressive. You only forgot Polyhymnia! I lived many, many years in the Lower Garden District so that was my “hood”. I was one block off St. Charles on Prytania. One block from Mardi Gras for FAR too many years.🤣
Lucky you! I love the architecture... the wrought iron... the history. ♥

• Heart

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
We spilt visiting Florida over about 20 visits did the east coast then over the pan handle down the West cost the keys then bits inland loved every minute lots of great memories - lots of fav places / cedar key (not part of the keys ) met the most super friends still have today (cedar key B&B which we had a chance to buy 30 years ago big life regret )
Sanibel Island - Mount Dora (super for the weekend antique shows ) the Lakeside Inn great in its hey day - Micanopy inland - Siesta Key oh blimey I could go on and on !
My husbands best friend from school- his father lived in a townhouse on the beach in Pensacola- lots of fun times there when we were first dating/ seniors in college. Oh and when I said tiny ship was the bar at Pandora’s- Pandora’s was actually a restaurant and the “bar” was for waiting to be seated. I reread that and it sounded like our girls were asking to go to the bar! lol! Thought I would clarify! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Then we had a family friend who retired to Navarre and we went to his house many times and then across the bridge to Navarre Beach where we would hang out at the Navarre Holiday Inn. We also stayed there many times as they had everything for the kids- indoor pool, outdoor pool, game room, snack bar and restaurant. We never had to leave that place!
*Oh and a Tiki Bar by the outdoor pool- but I’m sure it didn't compare to Jules southernmost Chateau Tiki Hut! 😍

• Heart

Kalessi

Chatty Member
how long is since angelina left phil? was it last year? ladies on brenda'a fb just discovered it and there is a lot of broken hearts, hoping for reconcilation.
They’ve been “separating the whole time. One or the other was away for work more than they we’re together. Why broken hearts I wonder?What’s owning a pub about? I never figured that one out. Feels like a scam.

• Wow

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
My family was in the Panama City area until Hurricane Michael wiped out three of their homes. It was very built up on the beach, lots of high rises and condos and very expensive. I think the lesser known places are great to visit Orange beach in Alabama is great, Ft. Walton in Florida. Still the same Gulf of Mexico and still white sandy beaches, only without all the tourists and high prices.
PCB was our place to go in the 70’s- when Miracle Strip (amusement park) was there and no high rises blocking the view down Scenic 98. We stayed at Sunnyside (west end of PCB towards Ft Walton) at the Sandpiper. (Sandpiper/Beacon) Those were the good ole days. Destin wasn’t even dreamed of back then! Just a sleepy little fishing village. Gosh I’m being all nostalgic and old sounding!!! Good memories though! ❤☀🏖🐠❤
---
I love that show did you notice the actress who plays the wife is Diana Riggs daughter it was driving me crazy she looked so familiar
Oh I didn’t know that- I’ll look her up- and Andy is the writer and producer (of Detectorists) actor in Pirates of the Caribbean fame. MacKenzie Crook is it? And her mother played Becky’s mom in Detectorists. Just reading that on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree with him trying to replace Potty but in fact Philippa is Pttys placeholder, but the rest ...... slow down with all those compliments becuase potty is also lazy AF anbd likes people waiting on him. and remarkable memory? hmmm
Now I’m confused I thought the Michael that was being referred to to was baby Michal Petherick not show off Potty.

Wine is grape and I don't think any has wheat. rye or barley. I now await correction. Maybe there is a barley wine - fermented barley?
I was surprised to see a gluten free section in my wine merchants. This is what the interweebs have to say.

• Wow

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Nobody asked but I don't think we will ever see her there again. She had them running like headless chickens, her ideas were terrible (who would pose in their nightgown in a picture designed to draw the attention to the furniture), they had to put up with Philip all day, and they didn't even finish the job. The idea when undertaking a commission like this is to minimise the work involved for the sponsors, not agrievate them and cause them more work than is reasonable.
Yes it was all a bit strange how they never finished it and then it was never mentioned again afterwards........................ I could have sworn at the time that there was mention of coming back to do another one (ye gawds!)

• Haha
Reactions: 9

lolander

VIP Member
I also wondered why they put that membrane down, I think they haven't taken into account the spread of some of those plants, it looks great now but will soon all need thinning out.
And the sheer ignorance of the plants they've bought, no knowledge what's perennial or annual, shade or sun loving, different watering requirements, soil conditions, some plants become huge quickly... no planning, just winging it 🤦‍♀️ Hey ho! The garden reflects it's owner, it's an absolute mess :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO: It will look pretty in the beginning but turn ugly soon.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Summerbaby

VIP Member
The thing is - if you thought like an adult, you would hire someone to do the stuff you don't want to, so you could make money in the long run. She can't even get that right.
100% agree with you. When I was younger I would do all the decorating etc in my homes without giving it a second thought - primarily because I didn't have much "spare" cash! These days, just can't be bothered AND, I can afford to pay a professional, therefore less chance of a mishap/mistake, they do it faster and they do all the clearing up afterwards. Perfect!
Pools cost a fortune to install in the first instance and are long term weekly high maintenance too. Added to which, the HMN doesn't have a readily available external water source either, does it?
TBH, from what I can gather, SJ only has paying B&B guests for 3 days pw over a 5/6 month period pa. How many days is that - IDK? Maths is not my strong point! Defo wouldn't be a viable option for enjoyment during the winter months even without guests.

Albee

VIP Member
She has narcissistic blindness to anything going on around her that doesn’t suit her. She has followers still who defend and pay her money every month to feed their romantic chateau dreams. Her flying monkeys are loyal so far. She can continue lying and they won’t change their minds. We have the same problem in the states with politics. No matter what some do or say their followers remain faithful to the point of violence. I’m not sure what drives people like that, but it seems nearly impossible to open their eyes to truth.
It Seems the same US political people follow F4F. Is this an American trait?

• Wow
  • Sad