Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
One reference came back mentioning Ackerman, which is not that far from me in Saumur and very nice fizz it is too
www.ackerman.fr. I'm thinking it's all part of a bigger co operative.

My favourite fizz though has to be Veuve Amiot, have visited the caves many times and done the degustation www.veuveamiot.fr
Ooooo, Veuve Amiot looks lovely. My experience with champers and other fizzes is the more expensive, the less I like it. Is there a particular one you like of theirs? If I can’t order it online my local wine merchant will try and get it for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No the way we all did it in the past is still the right way. The paper needs booking.
“Booking” is the method of folding the wallpaper in on itself after pasting to allow it to relax and to keep it from drying out.
I am so glad you said this, I have never wall papered but I thought you were supposed to put the paper glue side together until you went to hang it, something about having the glue react better. I never thought they knew what they were doing, but what else is new??

• Heart

Elviemary

Chatty Member
It's going to be breathtaking when in full bloom, and he loved creating it and choosing the plants and where to put them. A true gardener
I do worry though whether that piece of plastic he put under the soil will prevent the plants putting their roots deep enough. It wasnt needed and I'd hate him to be saddened if a lot of the plants don't survive.
I also wondered why they put that membrane down, I think they haven't taken into account the spread of some of those plants, it looks great now but will soon all need thinning out.

• Heart

Bleu Lala

Chatty Member
So, Stephanie was making jokes about the “walking stick” and the man had a physical issue? Yep…sounds right!

I’m on the panhandle, between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. The Gulf waters are dark blue and turquoise, and the sand is fine and white…almost like sugar. It’s really beautiful here and the weather is perfect. ❤
You should be able to see the Milky Way if you get away from the lights…

• Heart

pink roses

So, Stephanie was making jokes about the “walking stick” and the man had a physical issue? Yep…sounds right!

I’m on the panhandle, between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. The Gulf waters are dark blue and turquoise, and the sand is fine and white…almost like sugar. It’s really beautiful here and the weather is perfect. ❤
I love the 30-A area!! Have a wonderful time!

• Heart

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Um did Selmar buy another campervan? Was he planning on staying put but then had to change his plans and buy another one?

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I just watched Dan’s latest video.

Why does Dan refuse to use safety equipment? Almost half of the comments on his videos are people reminding him of common sense safety practices that he will not do. He has received literally hundreds of comments expressing concern over his failure to use appropriate gloves, a safety harness, safety glasses, performing dangerous work alone at his crispy chateau, and using unsafe work practices, He doesn‘t acknowledge these comments and doesn’t change the reckless way he performs work. People anxiously comment about safer ways to perform tasks.

Why do you think he is so reckless? Does he not understand that he can be seriously injured or setting himself up for future health problems? He has 2 small sons. What is going on with him? Is he stupid, overconfident, attention seeking? People would send him safety equipment.
Didn't he mention in a vlog or so ago about the possibility of that loo falling down over their heads?
But, whilst he and his mate were pick axing the ground floor debris and having the tree roots removed, they weren't even wearing hard hats?
Whatever, Dan, be it on your own head - literally! What a numpty!
I sincerely hope that he is insured and has public liability insurance too!
I am certain that any self respecting/fully insured demolition company would, 100% not allow even one of their employees to walk inside that ruin without proper protective head/body/footwear.
Does he really think that in the long term, coming across as a fly by night, cheeky chappie will ultimately boost his patreon account and subscribers?
If he were my son, I couldn't even bear to watch his vlogs for fear of him ultimately hurting himself, basically because there is an accident waiting to happen!

Last edited:

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
I watched it during lockdown 2020 her, great British comedy, when I see Billy et al with their detectors, my mind flicks back to one of the great scenes. Has it sad moments as well. I did drop a tear when he opened up the cupboard and all the birthday and Christmaas presents were shown.
I was surprised when season 3 ended- there isn’t a season 4? I didn’t want it to end! 😍

• Heart

vitanova

VIP Member
I just watched Dan’s latest video.

Why does Dan refuse to use safety equipment? Almost half of the comments on his videos are people reminding him of common sense safety practices that he will not do. He has received literally hundreds of comments expressing concern over his failure to use appropriate gloves, a safety harness, safety glasses, performing dangerous work alone at his crispy chateau, and using unsafe work practices, He doesn‘t acknowledge these comments and doesn’t change the reckless way he performs work. People anxiously comment about safer ways to perform tasks.

Why do you think he is so reckless? Does he not understand that he can be seriously injured or setting himself up for future health problems? He has 2 small sons. What is going on with him? Is he stupid, overconfident, attention seeking? People would send him safety equipment.
all of this. nothing happened to him, while he was climbing on a roof with tiles, beams and other heavy stuff with only the help of shaky ladder, and his feet are ok in red converses, and little wood dust and old ashes is nothing, so you are just a bunch of fear and panic-mongers. or you are working for Big-safety?😠

• Haha
  • Wow

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Well, if it's for what's-his-face phyll-arse then it certainly has to be door no. 7 Autumnal Squirrel. Phyll-arse does lurve his Autumnal colours 🤮
I actually don't mind #6 - Ashdown Pheasant Squirrel Green Sage, but I have bad visions of Fanny next wanting to wallpaper her back passage.

• Haha
  • Heart

T Rex

VIP Member
@T Rex , I saw a blurb on one of those Entertainment tonight-type shows about a new documentary about Tupac and his relationship with his mother. It looked interesting - it's on Hulu and is called "Dear Mama", but I don't think it's started yet.
I love Tupac, and will definitely look for it. I still like to think he faked his own death and is living quietly in the Bahamas, dropping an album every few years.

Energy vampires.
The entire Shitoo is filled with Colin Robinsons!

• Heart

MadameChat

VIP Member
now I am envious 🙃🙃 I love Florida ❤❤
---

Oh wow remember when one of my sons had shingles at age 6 it’s horrific hope you feel better soon xx
---

What time do you want us round then 😂
I love Florida too, especially the space coast. we would go every winter before Covid. Sebastian inlet state park is gorgeous and so wild not like the tourist areas people think of when they visit

• Heart

Albee

VIP Member
I do wish the cropped trousers and 3/4 sleeve trend would go away. As a tall girl, it annoys me! Why on earth is this even a trend?!? Fashion is emulating the "Tall Girl Plight" vice making clothing that actually fits us!
She has been wearing them for the past 3 years so shes not an on trend person. She desperately needs a new wardrobe.

• Heart

Maple fairy

VIP Member
@M&MsMom I missed the part about them having three years to prove they are a viable business. I was basing my comments solely on the latest video and the one where they were discussing the architects suggestions. I may have tuned out the boring info about rules and applications.
That would explain why they were looking at cheap appliances to replace the ones they have in the current kitchen.
I was under the impression that they had hosted some events and were doing more. I may have misinterpreted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apples and oranges. Hot tubs are altogether different. Most are free standing unless built into an in-ground pool. I’ve seen the inflatable hot tubs online and at Costco, any complaints?
Unfortunately I have to empty mine and put it away when it goes below 20 degrees. otherwise they are very affordable and depending on the size you want they are great. I did have one that I could not find an air leak got tired of filling with air every day and eventually gave it away. This one that I have 2 adults can sit in it ( no molded seats) you sit on the cushioned bottom. It does raise my electric bill when it's cooler about 25.00 a month. I don't even heat it in the summer as it gets about 90 degrees and it's great to just dip in an cool off. It stays pretty clean I use bromide- and a non chlorine sanitizer, I clean my filter once a week or replace it. if it gets skunky you can just empty it ( only 212 gallons) and start over. I don't use any type of bathing suit with soap ( laundry detergent) as soap is a hot tub killer. of course you can always go sans bathing suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 10