The Chateau Diaries #235 If she blinks at 100 miles per hour, it's because she can't hide her lying eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This is for @T Rex, I'd use black stick on dots though so it blended in with the vacuum.
Thanks for this! I am currently getting ready to repaint the miles and miles of my trim work in my house. I painted it when we first moved in 20 years ago and I wish I had measured how much trim work I painted because it felt like miles and miles. (It also was the original ugly 70’s wood color when I first painted it, and required Kilz first and then paint so it took FOREVER). I’m hoping this time I can get buy with one good coat of paint to refresh everything again. But I didn’t even think how mad I would be if my Roomba makes a mark on my newly painted trim work. This might be a genius idea! I don’t use our Roomba very much but you know how it goes…as soon as I would turn it on after repainting everything….that’s undoubtedly when the Roomba would attack! Thanks for posting. ❤ (maybe I’ll post pictures of my paint drying like @Tea with lemon … those posts crack me up!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
In other news.....
Jason
boring.gif

---
Fanny is all over the comments on Dan’s latest video, posting under one of her latest favorite aliases, Sgirl. Why is she so controlling and intrusive in answering questions and comments on Dan’s you tube channel. Sgirl is the equivalent of Caroline Gooder on Dan’s YouTube channels. Why does Dan not tell her to knock it off and stop answering questions on his YouTube channel?

Fanny has enough of her own crap to deal with on her Dump. Why is she always stalking other chateau YouTube sites and answering questions in their comment sections?

Nathan seems apprehensive when he encounters Fanny at the Dump. I think he knows she is going to try to get him to fix all other “emergencies” at the Dump which are outside of plumbing and heating, She does not hesitate to call contractors to get them to rush over to the Dump on their day off ( yet Fanny took months off to focus without being disturbed by others).
Exactly, Mr Spratt said that if he'd been bought in on his day off and then she started going on about the lights he'd have said 'you get hot water or lights, take your pick'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Could they have considered electric tankless water heaters for the bathrooms?
View attachment 2123776
He said you could but it would further drain on the electrics and depends on how many people are staying, something else to go wrong and not be maintained. All of this should have been sorted out ages ago in reality, instead of all the holidays, parties etc etc. She's just playing at it until she can fin a way to cut and run.

Reactions: 23
Thanks for this! I am currently getting ready to repaint the miles and miles of my trim work in my house. I painted it when we first moved in 20 years ago and I wish I had measured how much trim work I painted because it felt like miles and miles. (It also was the original ugly 70’s wood color when I first painted it, and required Kilz first and then paint so it took FOREVER). I’m hoping this time I can get buy with one good coat of paint to refresh everything again. But I didn’t even think how mad I would be if my Roomba makes a mark on my newly painted trim work. This might be a genius idea! I don’t use our Roomba very much but you know how it goes…as soon as I would turn it on after repainting everything….that’s undoubtedly when the Roomba would attack! Thanks for posting. ❤ (maybe I’ll post pictures of my paint drying like @Tea with lemon … those posts crack me up!)
Well, watching paint dry can be fun.
That's why Dan and SJ have a large following.
Today is a new day! New room.
Today I improved my skill so I use a bigger roller.
Again: Watching paint dry.
(The roller escaped on my wallpaper. Fortunately, they are washable)
Enjoy! @SleepingBeauty123
20230424_170034.jpg

For now, all works are only with white color. And only when I start with the other colors.
I said that my channel would be successful. And Patreon would be generous because they would be interested in what new tone I would choose.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes, that’s an option. Another economical option is a “point of use” water heater. That’s a very small (3-7 gallon) water heater installed somewhere near the bathroom to provide just enough hot water initially until the hot water from the main boiler reaches the taps. It seems to me having a pump that constantly circulates hot water from the main boiler to areas of the farmhouse that aren’t used all the time is a waste of money and energy.
You have it set on a timer for peak periods of use. Mr Spratt has done the same as Nathan at another Chateau.

Reactions: 17
I watched the Smugs vlog ... and the only upside I can take from it is that Benoit says he is contacting a number of companies to get quotes to replace equipment in his workshop. Did ya hear that Lala Lande, 'you get quotes for your work', not throw cash around?

He has €71,184 now in the gofundme, and although I think it should have been stopped a while ago, by the sounds of it, he won't be able to work for a while.

And as for the comments about his Jaguar .... jeeze, the one he has is an old model that you'd used to joke "buy two because you'll need the second for parts".

Speaking of Jaguars, someone please remind me what happened to Stef's beloved one?
Marie..... Marie happened to it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I see the sadly deluded Château defenders are attacking Kathy and throwing shade at Tattle!😜
---
So the guests staying at the Château at Christmas & Easter and in between were staying (as suspected) staying in abject filth.🫣🤢

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The problem with CHMN is NO ONE takes charge of any situation. They have no systems in place and never have so you just end up with the mess, the stables being a case in point. Everyone just thinks it is someone else's responsibility. "Rules" of ways of working are not to be bossy but to help with smooth running. A suggestion box is a good idea to come up with other ideas that ease workloads, but as they are at the CHMN ten people = ten ways of doing things it does not work.
When I have contractors working on / in my property it is made very clear that ALL the detritus (old fittings/ new fittings, packaging etc) is removed from the property, either by having a skip on Site or they remove in their van, I never provide a dumping ground in my outbuildings.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I see the sadly deluded Château defenders are attacking Kathy and throwing shade at Tattle!😜
---
So the guests staying at the Château at Christmas & Easter and in between were staying (as suspected) staying in abject filth.🫣🤢
One of the comments to Kathy is liking Fanny to a TV personality (my arse) and why should she not get paid :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . Another that Tattle is the biggest hate rag online. Classic!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
it seems like the Shitoo has become a Van graveyard. Don't they have vehicle junk yards in France? Why hang onto a van that doesn't run, too expensive to fix, or can't get it registered. Also do you think they moved Dan's Van because the car show was coming? And why not say something about it.? The amount of running around last minute had my anxiety up, I have a honey do list that is constantly full of things to do. I do what I can each day and make plans for the bigger stuff, and check things off as I go. Having a house and yard means there is always something to fix or fix up or do. And the garbage pile up is just being plain lazy, the jobs not done , plain lazy... Phi Phi had to point out the plastic candle thing on the lights was upside down..... he saw it before..... but he didn't fix it til on the video... that's the thing they see things and know what needs to be done, yet they just don't do it, until the last minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
One of the comments to Kathy is liking Fanny to a TV personality (my arse) and why should she not get paid :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . Another that Tattle is the biggest hate rag online. Classic!
I thought it was interesting that Scotchette kept saying tattle is dead, they said it quite a few times during their rant, when they were giving too much insider information. If it’s dying or dead why do they feel so threatened

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I spent 5 minutes trying to hold myself back from commenting to Jason Dubey on that Facebook Group (I was successful in that endeavor and did not comment!) and find myself doing the same with the comments on Kathy's vlog. There is simply no arguing with crazy, lonely people who feel it's o.k. to be lied to. No matter what you say, instead of trying to have a healthy disagreement, they always devolve into calling us haters...or jealous.......that's all they've got, because to admit they've been conned at this point is either too embarrassing or too much of a mind-duck for them to believe. They have, for years now, spent money to support Stephanie's "restoration" efforts. If they hadn't gotten suspicious within 6 months of the start of their support, they will not now - or ever - change their minds. If they refuse to see that there is absolutely no thoughtful, planned, organized restoration going on at that place, they will never see it. And at this point, I don't think they want to see it! Being stupid is sometimes a choice!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Fanny said she and Dan had discussed having flying lessons together! My God! He would break everything he touched and she would forget vital steps in the process, just as she forgets ingredients when cooking. She'd probably wear a revealing dress and her red high heels. Can you imagine someone trying to teach them? She would be shrieking; laughing manically, and interrupting every other minute. Dan would nod his head pretending to understand everything while not doing so, and they'd both be trying to film YT content through the windows! Dan needs to remember he's got two children and try not to kill himself. Fanny needs to grow up and become a responsible adult; how much chance is there of that happening?
I hope Stephanie and Dan follow their dreams of taking flying lessons, together of course. What could go wrong?🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I thought it was interesting that Scotchette kept saying tattle is dead, they said it quite a few times during their rant, when they were giving too much insider information. If it’s dying or dead why do they feel so threatened
Riiiiiight......it's so dead here, Scotchette is still bitching about being kicked off (or whatever happened). It's so dead here, all of those that complain about this being a hate site ALL READ HERE! It's so, so dead here that even Stephanie and Philip, and God knows who else at that tit pile of stones all read here! Michael Petherick - or his mom - comments on a vlog about chateaus and probably reads here, too!

They all read here. They can't help themselves. But it's dead here.

But you're right, if it wasn't so threatening, they wouldn't be putting up such bluster.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.