The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ha ha the lovely Brenda won’t like that she will be banished to the hills
When fanny and mummy were on Bienvenue chez Nous one of the "guests" took at least one painting down and turned it to the wall. Can't remember which painting it was. They also pushed something up against the door/door handle so they wouldn't get any night time visitors!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I have to get on with some work, but I actually feel a bit sorry for Pubes today. He so tries to be liked, helpful and knowledgeable but just isn't. He is very young has been stuck there for 3 years and Fanny is ruining him and his chance to have a meaningful life and career. It is her who destroys everything and everyone not Pubes he is just the very unfortunate side kick but make no mistake it is Fanny who is truly toxic even to the young Pube. I caveat this with most of the time I want to slap the smirk off his liver lips and find him hugely, pretentious and annoying.
It's time Snorty go back to school, learn something, pay his own way, stand on his own in the real world and grow up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
So.... I almost died! 😵
My dark black witchy heart decided to stop due to a couple of measly blood clots... and kept me in ICU for 4 days, and a few more days in hospital and I was finally allowed to come back home 3 days ago.

My darling mother in law is ensuring I don't lift a finger and my boyfriend has threatened to handcuff me to bed should I even attempt to do anything but rest. Although I'm not strictly against the handcuffs, I had to accept I'm only allowed a mobile just for communication... no work whatsoever!

Now…. Tell me what I missed? I should really teach more of you how to screen grab the Patreon videos... what if I had died and you were left Patreon-less? Quelle horreur! I'll post a "How To" as soon as I'm allowed a laptop!
Don't you dare to die on us! I'm so happy you got back to us. I sent little prayers to you since you didn't come back after the week bed rest!
Get well soon karma lots of virtual hugs ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The Convent has been scanned by Dan the Done and is available to see on line, amazing technology, Well Done Dan and Billy, Cheers

The Convent is a building site and clean and tidy take note Fanny
Ah lovely to see Dan the drone man back on our screens. I know he went through a bad time after his break up with his partner which was under quite sad circumstances. Lovely to see him getting his life back. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Fanny - “It’s too big Michael, it’s really too big”! (How often does Fanny say that?)

Snorty – “So if you want to see more of Michael’s buns"! (Don’t worry Snorty, Fanny is seeing her fair share of Michael’s buns)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It's time Snorty go back to school, learn something, pay his own way, stand on his own in the real world and grow up.
and if she loved him as she purports she would help him find meaningful work or study but he is trapped in her deluded fusty web

Reactions: 19
You're welcome! I don't think they are a bad lot- if anything, they seem to be very organized and have a solid business plan. I don't think they really took Snorts seriously, but felt they had to film his arrival to be polite (he only came for the day, luckily, but suspect Fanny sent him in as a spy to get him out of the house and he's a nosy little twit) and stay in good graces with the rest of the Chateau-verse. With Bob (Papa) on board now (don't underestimate this guy- it's the quiet ones to watch out for!), he sees things as they are, and his facial expressions were a dead giveaway when he arrived to LaLande and started inspecting the facade, and made the remarks about the tennis court, while glancing at the terrace stairs and swamp in disapproval. I would love to see the unedited version- Bob- "This place is a dump!" Carolina, "Dafuq?!? Why is there no breakfast- just a filthy kitchen?!? Do they all sleep until noon?!? Who actually runs this place?" Maruca, slapping Penelope's hand at the Easter lunch- "We don't know the hands that made it nor how long it has been sitting out. Put some food on your plate to be polite, but do not eat a thing. Yes, you can eat the pre-packaged candies to tide you over. We'll buy you a snack on the road."
I don't agree with you, their Solid business plan is to have a few workshops, and some long weekend stays at their fab chateau.

It will certainly generate income, but it will not balance out the cost of renovation and living in their chateau.
---
Weren’t these crumbling steps going to be repaired this April? I’m sure that’s what Fanny said in a previous vlog. Paying guests arriving in days now and what a state everywhere is. Rooms and corridors with no ceilings, walls falling down, windows broken, no go areas that have to be roped off and a level of cleanliness on a par with the squalor of Dharavi Slum Mumbai. Welcome idiots just look what you are getting for your 💰 Sweet duck all.
Pay attention madame de pompanddoo!
They would come in March, then April, then 'mid spring' which apperently means June 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The woman from Ozzie arriving on 28th, whats the bet Stephanie and Philip are not there.

Reactions: 19
Another take away Grunt and his wife hardly featured in flog since arrival and boy did he looked pissed off at the end of last nights offering.

The Puy Vidal vlog also shone light on how dire the hospitality was and how idiotic normal adults find an Easter Egg hunt. If she didn't grift the eggs she must have spent 000's on them all. Most Easter egg hunts are smallish eggs, not Fanny even the adults struggled to carry their haul. I think Father Puy could hardly mask his distain for the whole affair and was probably shocked his wife bought a place on Fanny's say so as he clearly saw it is falling down.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am going to derail and ask you lovely garden experts for a tip or two. When we moved into our renovation project we had to clear the garden of twenty years of brambles ivy etc we are lucky to have some beautiful trees. I started a new south facing bed last year but lost a lot of plants over the winter. What would you recommend I plant to give colour all year round. I love pinks, whites, green, lilacs so I can start re planting. I love peonies, fox gloves, delphiniums, large foliage, old English roses, hellebores. The bed gets very dry. Also pushing my luck how can I encourage a Wisteria I plated on a West facing wall to flower and should I prune it? It has been in since we moved in two years ago. Thank you
---
Susan Mccarten
42min
wanted to ask when the tiles backsplash might be going up of lalande that your father painted and steve made into the tiles. The anticipation is killing me!
I think Susan Mccarten best take out a funeral plan as those tiles aren't going up any time soon, if at all...@Just Grift Wood. sorry I can't advise you... I love all of the plants you have mentioned, especially the peonies, I think they need a sunny position, I have one and I keep meaning to cut it down and re locate before it starts shooting again in the spring but I always remember when it's too late. It does flower but they don't last long. Good look and post pics when done.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Susan Mccarten best take out a funeral plan as those tiles aren't going up any time soon, if at all...@Just Grift Wood. sorry I can't advise you... I love all of the plants you have mentioned, especially the peonies, I think they need a sunny position, I have one and I keep meaning to cut it down and re locate before it starts shooting again in the spring but I always remember when it's too late. It does flower but they don't last long. Good look and post pics when done.
I don't think you can move peonies they don't do well. I will get there the garden looked lovely last year but virtually everything in that South facing part died when it hit -15 last winter, the poor things weren't established enough to take the extreme temperatures. Peonies may not be around for long but they are so lovely. Maybe I should start a patreon account and empty Davey the dynamic.
---
Puy Vidal the gift that keeps giving

9TDRslBBLRUFMHFhFJu6B3yw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

World of surprises
45 minutes ago
I have nothing against Phillip, but he is a kid, with no experience, no job, no profession, and clearly a shopaholic. Seems to be a nice guy, but that’s about it.

cCxh4mqU0Ot3IV69JvgN9XCA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Brownowl34
3 hours ago
I'm appalled . Philip has no idea. This chateau doesn't need his insight at all

GW
4 hours ago
La Lande - ' some people come into your life for the sole purpose of showing you what not to do. '

Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Exactly. How to ruin a chateau. Have a boyfriend with a Granny fetish
7fG1x8GBq-1gSxrSmyNegmSg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Anja Lavalle
6 hours ago
You can learn a lot from Philipe and the La Landers owners. Such a great help for you
emoji_u2764.png

aoDP8RoAPlT9-x0tzR4QCBgg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Steph Jezo
6 hours ago
emoji_u1f926.png

Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Yes how to spend hundreds of thousands of patron dollars and end up with a chateau more destroyed and actually dangerous and after 16 years it's still axwreck. Also philip is a shopaholic and buys trash

Barbara Gomez
7 hours ago
I am beyond thrilled to see more frequent posts from your magical, and breathtaking Puy Vidal your content is real, organic there’s no script. I think I’m adding a week at the château on my bucket list

Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Exactly but their association with those misfits at Lalande not so great

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I have to get on with some work, but I actually feel a bit sorry for Pubes today. He so tries to be liked, helpful and knowledgeable but just isn't. He is very young has been stuck there for 3 years and Fanny is ruining him and his chance to have a meaningful life and career. It is her who destroys everything and everyone not Pubes he is just the very unfortunate side kick but make no mistake it is Fanny who is truly toxic even to the young Pube. I caveat this with most of the time I want to slap the smirk off his liver lips and find him hugely, pretentious and annoying.
Nope....I do not feel sorry for him, or her either!
Water seeks its own level.
He uses her and she uses him - and they both know they are using each other.
I can't be convinced otherwise.

• Heart
The Puy Vidals arrival at lieLande was super strange. No-one to greet them and left to wander the perimeter of the dump alone. Someone in the distance disappearing into a door. Them remarking on how cold it was - always freezing at lieLande, yes, that was their welcome. Contrast this to how Fanny greeted the Smugs and kids the previous year when she practically ran to their car all smiles. Obviously the Smugs rate higher in the pecking order due to the fact of having more followers than the Puy Vidals. Fanny basking in the Smugs reflected glory, much? Fanny must believe the Puy Vidals don't, in contrast, bring much to the table, as she herself is not there to greet them.

Philip's study? What a joke! An over-crowded incoherent mismatch of junk and dead animals that tells you everything he doesn't know about interior design.

Then we have the slug named Philip Janssen (who I secretly believe drugged the Puy Vidals, mesmerising them into believing he has some expertise in interior design) further compounding his bizarre design and decor ideas by turning up actually invited to their chateau... I would not have believed that part possible. Very disappointed in them. Badly done Puy Vidal. Badly done indeed!

Back to the Avensac guys and to Amanda and Lincoln - the only two chateau channels worth watching right now.
I wouldn't put it past Philip to have invited himself to Puy Vidal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
You can transplant them, but best done in Fall, whatever that time of year is for you! However, they can live years without being transplanted at all, 15 years or so. You should really only need to transplant if you notice that they aren't flowering much in Spring, which means they have become planted too deep. The "eyes" on peonies need to be an inch or two under the soil line.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
At bit later she corrects herself saying . . . Philip has a passion for architecture.
Quite different to having 'architectural expertise'.
I just watched that bit. what a pretentious prick he is. I just hope Mum and Dad Puy Lentil talk some sense into their daughter. What on earth does he even know about 'living' in a chateau, he does Sweet FA. Flounces from the bedroom to the kitchen and buys shed loads of crap on the internet. God I like to kick his arse from here to next week!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
So.... I almost died! 😵
My dark black witchy heart decided to stop due to a couple of measly blood clots... and kept me in ICU for 4 days, and a few more days in hospital and I was finally allowed to come back home 3 days ago.

My darling mother in law is ensuring I don't lift a finger and my boyfriend has threatened to handcuff me to bed should I even attempt to do anything but rest. Although I'm not strictly against the handcuffs, I had to accept I'm only allowed a mobile just for communication... no work whatsoever!

Now…. Tell me what I missed? I should really teach more of you how to screen grab the Patreon videos... what if I had died and you were left Patreon-less? Quelle horreur! I'll post a "How To" as soon as I'm allowed a laptop!
How frightening for you but so happy to hear you are back again. Do as you are told and don’t worry about the patreon videos as you getting better is far more important than anything to do with the farmhouse.💐💕

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.