The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That tablecloth is hideous! And the tapered candles in the tall candleholders are only about an inch tall! I guess Fanny is too cheap…has to burn the candles as long as possible. THIS is the Christie’s tastemaker? 🙄

View attachment 2087557
This must be the finger buffet as there are no place settings. All standing around looking very awkward.
---
In case I don’t get to peep on here tomorrow...
Besides Easter being tomorrow- it’s also my one year anniversary of being a tattler (not just lurking)!!! 🎉🎉🎉
And my birthday!!! Cheers!!!
45 again!!! 😜😂
Have a wonderful birthday
🍾🥂🎂🎉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When i worked in the Control Room, Guildford Friday night, fight night. You never wanted to be the unlucky one on the Radio when it all kicked off.
---
Happy Birthday @ScooterMaGoo xxx

View attachment 2087686
That must have been a barrel of laughs! One of the reasons they put all the bars and clubs in one street - Bridge Street on the giratory - that way they could contain the "problems", close off the street and have a two way system around the other part of the one way. Only someone who knows Guildford would know wtf I'm talking about!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The whole room is so dark and gloomy with the 1970 tablecloth and lit like the pre electric days.
It’s so nice and warm here in the Uk and Imagine France is not that chilly now. She has the shed to host in ( from patron day) or just open the gooddamn doors and let in some light! ( unless of course dinner was served at 11:30 at night)
The food doesn’t look horrendous but I would love to hang Phyllis for crimes against fashion
---

The whole thing reminds me of the play- an inspector calls. Each family member played a part in her death. The husband who threw her out of work at the mill. The mother who refused help with the women’s association, the daughter who got her fired from a shop job for jealousy, and the son who got her pregnant and left her for dirt ( as she was working class and he was middle class)

Fanny herself may not have felt the final hand, but her and the Institutes involvement in her life and exploitation of her story and finances probably pushed her ( if it was suicide). I suspect there was more to the story that we don’t know as it makes strep and the school look very bad so they hope her tragic death- superficial support of the grandma and no further mention will make it disappear
The whole thing reminds me of the play- an inspector calls. Each family member played a part in her death.

I wonder if Potty is there because he loves a good ole murder mystery theme night. In this scenario it could be 'The Easter Rabbit Died - Who's Pregnant?' Definitely not Fanny because her eggs have died too'

• Haha
@M&MsMom and @ComtesseRose - Thank you for the birthday wishes! We have finally started to travel again, and spent a few days in Arizona visiting family, then on to Palm Springs for some R&R. I was able to keep up with the threads, although kinda slowly, but glad to be home and reading all the great comments. Happy Easter to you all!
Happy Birthday and Happy you got to Travel, its nice to get away, but it's also nice to come home

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That must have been a barrel of laughs! One of the reasons they put all the bars and clubs in one street - Bridge Street on the giratory - that way they could contain the "problems", close off the street and have a two way system around the other part of the one way. Only someone who knows Guildford would know wtf I'm talking about!
I always enjoyed a G&T at The Keep on Castle Street.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A friend of mine with a wicked sense of humor sent me an email this morning with the subject line that read "Happy Easter"....when I opened it up, all there was was this picture. I thought I'd share it here, as so many of you have a great sense of humor, too!

Enjoy the day!

1681040313172.png

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Well that "Hundreds and Thousands" Star woman better have a heap of wispy freebie clothing for Fanny and friends because that is why she was invited.
Fanny is always 'on the take' .

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just as I did a year ago with the Fleuries who attended the Easter celebration at Lalande. I have now also unsubscribed from Lady of the chateau. Fleuries lost my patronage too last year, guilty by associasion with LaLande. Luckily for me I didn’t buy into the two ladies Patreon.
With Lady of of the Chateau, they pitched themselves as NYC videographers but I find their vlogs very poorly filmed and edited. The haphazard presentation keeps me from being too interested in their story as it unfolds in France.

• Wow
  • Heart
I thought she would have a good channel, but I can' get past the ummm ummm ummm every other word. and she carts that little dog back and forth and it has to have a vet visit and papers each time... she drags everything and it's exhausting to watch her ot listen. on another note I do like Make.Do.Grow they are in Portugal and are redoing an old stone house trying to use more natural materials and no concrete. I do enjoy their hard work and humor. Also my absolute favorite as far as Vlog content is Sailing Parlay Revival ( not chateau but sailing around the world) and Laura Kampf in Germany ( she is a hoot and great vlogs, that girl gets things done)
If you like Laura Kampf's vlogs, maybe you'd also enjoy https://www.youtube.com/c/AnneofAllTrades/videos

Reactions: 10
Christ is risen but MM is still dead and the Chatelaine de Monetization has company of 50 and is partying.

90BC73A5-BE05-4AE8-BED0-D3027D545F0A.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
With Lady of of the Chateau, they pitched themselves as NYC videographers but I find their vlogs very poorly filmed and edited. The haphazard presentation keeps me from being too interested in their story as it unfolds in France.
I agree for people in the industry their videos are very badly filmed and edited.

Reactions: 16
The women of Château Sappho clearly know nothing about videography and editing. Maybe they can offer a course and take it themselves.

• Haha
Phlip Phlop’s chicken allergy isn’t something new! Without wishing to dismiss those who have genuine allergies (which can be very serious) or intolerances which can be very debilitating, I do view his allergy list with a certain amount of scepticism. He does seem to have a raft of things he can’t/doesn’t/won’t eat. Nuts, citrus, chicken, dairy, egg whites are the ones that spring to mind. I’m sure there are other things across the whole spectrum of the edible world.

I don’t doubt that he was indulged, pandered to, pampered, cosseted and mollycoddled as a child and growing up. I also think he never developed a particularly broad palate, in terms of the food he was brought up with. The look of horror when presented with an artichoke was priceless, ditto asparagus: zero enthusiasm bordering on abject terror.
I developed into somewhat of a picky eater as a child, which is an absolute sin where I come from, so sometimes it was a full on battle of the wills with the adults. My main problem was dairy, as a toddler I used to wake up my mum 4 times a night to ask for the bottle. I would refuse it during the day, going as far as to making a disgusted face when presented with milk. She had a full time job and could no longer put up with a fussy toddler, so she stopped giving me the bottle during the night. In protest, I stopped having any raw dairy (no milk, no cheese, no sour cream, no yogurt) and by the time I was a young child I was disgusted by the smell of most dairy products (and we used to have fresh dairy products, our neighbours had cows and we used to buy produce from them). As an 8 year old I decided I should eat cheese to outcompete my cousin and I have started having dairy since. I still can't stomach and stand the smell of sour cream or yogurt, but if they're in a dish where their taste is not too overpowering, I can have them, and I straight up love produce like feta cheese and mozzarella.

There are some things to this day which I do not like which most people rave about (stake, for example, I don't particularly enjoy the texture and the iron-y taste) so I do think I have somewhat of an issue with my palate, could be autism spectrum related, but that hasn't stopped me from having a varied and non-restrictive diet - I've given all of this background story just to say, from one fussy eater to another, Snorty is being an absolute child. He claims he has this long list of ridiculous allergies, yet we see him indulge in said things on holidays while he has the poor sods in charge of the chateau meals pander to this madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Comment under the last video of Behind the chateau doors:

Screenshot (120).png
🤷‍♀️

Someone has spoken a true word. Tattle knew it first:
Philip's Voice is Caroline Gooder.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Bun boy has aged 20 years in less than 2 years at the Dump. He seems tired and fed up and he has to start waiting tables for the B and B season. He is essentially doing 90% of any work at the Dump to net his cuz Fanny hundreds of thousands of tax free dollars per year. He is wasting his youth, strength, and energy on the Shittelaine and the Dump. I think he will have a lot of regrets about his time at LieLande and prioritizing Cuz Fanny’s desires in the future. If he ever becomes unable to do all her tit work, she will toss him aside on a hot minute.
He looked healthy, fit, muscled and sun-kissed when he first came around. Now he looks like he never sees the sun and is on a soggy lettuce diet.
What the heap doesn't suck out of him I bet you Nazi does.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.