The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since we know Stephanfrude will find the special chocolate. Will everyone have to wait for her grand entrance to the Easter table??? Who am I kidding......how long will the wait. Note: Lady of the Chateau, yeah, pay your final dues today and then cut that cord. She does NOTHING for you. On the contrary.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Look, I know it's derailing but my wonderful grandaughter Gracie just got into Dartmouth with a full scholarship. We are all so incredibly proud of her. All her hard work paid off. Go Gracie :love:
Congratulations Gracie
---
That tablecloth is hideous! And the tapered candles in the tall candleholders are only about an inch tall! I guess Fanny is too cheap…has to burn the candles as long as possible. THIS is the Christie’s tastemaker? 🙄

View attachment 2087557
Babygermain is the 100 stars woman...the one who shares pics before asking if its true or not.
---
I do believe we are in for a gofundme crowdsourcing a chateau version 2.0 Seriously tatty is head in the clouds kinda girl even with having owned her own house. Dont buy a money pit castle in the sand it will not fair well again. Take a note from the 1940s couple who downsized to a lovely cottage with a pool and a lake in France Just do that and be happy.

I am stuck in a situation with a MlfH whos not right in the head myself with a bloody money pit ,time pit and stress pit crumpling castle in the sand literally caused me such anxiety and stress I wouldnt wish this on anyone and the stress has accumulated so much my body is turning on itself going for a biospy this week on the table.
Speaking of Peter and Anna of it's a wonderful life... they vlogged recently about an abandoned chateau, which had partially been destroyed by fire, they had access to the lower floor (probably trespassing but no one to stop them) and Peter said this could be one for Dan....he obviously follows his 'journey' but his comment did initiate some comments about the man himself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree with all that Ky and Gracie have said about SJ and MM. I also feel that the money raised for M's grandmother may actually cause her even more stress and it could all have been done very differently. If SJ and Spero wanted to give something, they could have done it privately. They wanted to do it through social media "to encourage viewers also to contribute" but it is more likely to be to absolve themselves from feeling any guilt that they had not provided for MM when she was desperate and also because they want their fans to see them as caring and generous. I think the amount of money raised was mentioned somewhere and it was a huge amount, far more than the donation of MM's fees, an amount likely to be totally overwhelming for MM's grandmother. No amount of money can relieve her grief and such an amount, publicly advertised, could cause problems for her locally, and she may also not wish to be in this position through such sad circumstances. She may well be wishing that MM had never been to that institute and that they had never met Fanny and Spero. None of this would occur to Fanny who only ever considers herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Shrek sighting at la Lande!

View attachment 2087541
My first reaction too was it looked like Thanksgiving, but on closer inspection I don't mind the table cloth. However, I'd use it for a morning brunch, not an evening candlelight supper. Hyacinth Bucket would not approve.
Those candles burned down to the nub - that's what happens when you use cheap candles which aren't made from hard paraffin wax and have undersized wicks. Also being placed in a drafty room doesn't help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My dad gave me a choice upon finishing my schooling. I could get a job and my own place or I could get a job, stay with my folks and pay rent. I chose the former and couldn’t wait to shake the dust of that backwater from my boots. Tough love can be hard but it is so often necessary. You’ve done your childrearing. The rest of your time is for you. He’s just going to have to understand that!
Oh he does, he was going to find another place but I said he could come back until I moved as I was struggling financially without his rent so storing all of his stuff in my garage is a small price to pay at this m moment in time. The house is too expensive to run for me alone. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He's STILL wearing his wedding ring - so I'm guessing, he hasn't given up hope that she will come back thus he can't tell us she's left.
Maybe like me he has arthritis in his knuckles and cannot take it off.😂I have stopped paying the ludicrous insurance for some of my rings as a thief would have to literally 🤣 cut my fingers off to get them.
I don’t think Phil wants to face the truth.
---
I particularly dislike that big old Yella Bowl on the table ...... its Yuk !
I’m not too fond of the empty beer bottle.
Bun boy has a coat on, Grant has a hat on. Fanny is in bed….? It does not look fun.

• Haha
In case I don’t get to peep on here tomorrow...
Besides Easter being tomorrow- it’s also my one year anniversary of being a tattler (not just lurking)!!! 🎉🎉🎉
And my birthday!!! Cheers!!!
45 again!!! 😜😂
Wow....lots to celebrate! Happy Birthday and anniversary!

1681034205770.gif

• Heart
Did you flog about all of them too? And did you receive many free dresses to enjoy?
Did Fanny off set her flights to SA to vlog The scholarship’ deal’ as work expenses. Her meals out when in SA…
Fanny made thousands from this ‘ deal’.
That she had no idea about the other needs surrounding this scholarship’ gift’ shows how she thinks way to much about herself.
I believe we here had more to think about the needs of this late student than Fanny bothered to consider.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That tablecloth is hideous! And the tapered candles in the tall candleholders are only about an inch tall! I guess Fanny is too cheap…has to burn the candles as long as possible. THIS is the Christie’s tastemaker? 🙄

View attachment 2087557
The whole room is so dark and gloomy with the 1970 tablecloth and lit like the pre electric days.
It’s so nice and warm here in the Uk and Imagine France is not that chilly now. She has the shed to host in ( from patron day) or just open the gooddamn doors and let in some light! ( unless of course dinner was served at 11:30 at night)
The food doesn’t look horrendous but I would love to hang Phyllis for crimes against fashion
---
I’m actually a little surprised we haven’t learned more about Mmakhotso’s death by now. Stephanie said she knows how Mmakhotso passed away, but she said she wasn’t going to share that information “out of respect for the family.” That excuse is a joke…SJ hasn’t shied away from sharing personal information (remember Dan and Annalise’s breakup?) or making people squirm in her videos by putting them on the spot. So, I don’t think it has anything to do with “respect for the family.” I don’t want to offend anyone but, in my gut, I think it’s because Mmakhotso took her own life. That’s just my opinion…and I have absolutely no proof or information to back up that claim. It’s just a guess because Stephanie is typically shameless about using situations to her advantage…If Mmakhotso had died from an illness or accident, I think SJ would have milked it for her own personal gain. If Mmakhotso did succumb to the stress and anxiety of school, responsibilities, and financial concerns, I think SJ bears some responsibility because although she paid for the scholarship, she didn’t make sure Mmakhotso had the right support. This may not be a popular post and I’m sure others will disagree.
The whole thing reminds me of the play- an inspector calls. Each family member played a part in her death. The husband who threw her out of work at the mill. The mother who refused help with the women’s association, the daughter who got her fired from a shop job for jealousy, and the son who got her pregnant and left her for dirt ( as she was working class and he was middle class)

Fanny herself may not have felt the final hand, but her and the Institutes involvement in her life and exploitation of her story and finances probably pushed her ( if it was suicide). I suspect there was more to the story that we don’t know as it makes strep and the school look very bad so they hope her tragic death- superficial support of the grandma and no further mention will make it disappear

Last edited:
  • Angry
Congratulations Gracie
---

Babygermain is the 100 stars woman...the one who shares pics before asking if its true or not.
---

Speaking of Peter and Anna of it's a wonderful life... they vlogged recently about an abandoned chateau, which had partially been destroyed by fire, they had access to the lower floor (probably trespassing but no one to stop them) and Peter said this could be one for Dan....he obviously follows his 'journey' but his comment did initiate some comments about the man himself.
Marc from Going Solo In France has referred to Dan in the past.
Marc also very recently referred to that chap Casey Neistat who Dan tries to emulate.
They all watch each other. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Just catching up on the overnight chat. So this may have already been mentioned...

The Snook women, she of 100 stars, appears to be an invitée at the tit'o for the Pâcques festivities. Nothing, as such, on her own IG but a subtle thank you from her to Stuart on Stuart's IG daily stories. Maybe doing the rounds of some of the other chateauverse.

So Stuart is cooking too, not just an invitée, but working her bed and board.

Since we know Stephanfrude will find the special chocolate. Will everyone have to wait for her grand entrance to the Easter table??? Who am I kidding......how long will the wait. Note: Lady of the Chateau, yeah, pay your final dues today and then cut that cord. She does NOTHING for you. On the contrary.
I would like Lady of the Chateau to cut ties with Le Lande as well but I don't see it happening.
They are indebted to Stephanie for visiting and filming their chateau during covid when they were not able to travel and check it out for themselves.

I thought she would have a good channel, but I can' get past the ummm ummm ummm every other word. and she carts that little dog back and forth and it has to have a vet visit and papers each time... she drags everything and it's exhausting to watch her ot listen. on another note I do like Make.Do.Grow they are in Portugal and are redoing an old stone house trying to use more natural materials and no concrete. I do enjoy their hard work and humor. Also my absolute favorite as far as Vlog content is Sailing Parlay Revival ( not chateau but sailing around the world) and Laura Kampf in Germany ( she is a hoot and great vlogs, that girl gets things done)
I watch Make.Do.Grow from time to time. I like their can-do attitude, their joy at simple discoveries and their banter. They get things done without fuss and fanfare.
---
Looks who’s ready to “party” at the shitto for Easter. I guess this 100 stars chick didn’t get the memo to stay off the social medias at the shitto.
In their Porche Cayenne. So that's another 5 to the party. But they may not be staying there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
And there's the law college on the Portsmouth road at St Catherine's. I think that growing up there, going to school there, having a fair few jobs etc., there jaded me a bit. I see the attraction for outsiders, it is an attractive town with a wonderful history, lots of culture, good schools, good road and rail links, international airports close - but I don't miss it.
---

He's lucky to know he can go back. You must have a good relationship. What I want to know is how they accumulate so much stuff in a short space of time!
Forgot to add earlier, he gave me a shop for life bag filled with dirty crockery and china. Not washing that up until he takes out my old dishwasher and plumbs the new one in. 😉😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.