The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They'll have FRK back in the kitchen cooking
It would not surprise me at all if FRK makes an appearance soon, either to cook if Maria goes and SJ gets desperate, or just for a "friendly" visit. Fanny and Snorty were quick to invite her back after she had said she was suicidal. Fanny knew that if anything happened to FRK, she may not come out of that well and she thought having her to stay would put her in a good light as a caring person who "rescued" Marie. We don't yet know exactly what happened with MM in S. Africa but Fanny will not risk any further bad publicity so if Marie asks to come back, she will certainly make a big show of welcoming her. Let's hope for Marie's own sake, that she does not do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To me what is the mystery is how the same people go back year after year for the same crap food and entertainment. They obviously don’t know any better.
It’s not about the crap food and the “entertainment”. The Eyes Wide Shut part is the reason why they keep going back to the chateau…

• Sick
Reactions: 25
WHY did Fanny buy integrated dishwashers she has no kitchen cupboards to "integrate" them with. She needed free standing ones with a new worksurface over the top, yet again clueless, Snorts idea perhaps ?
---
Less than one year on and we saw the state of the sink area. Stupid stupid waste of money, time, effort, all they needed to do was seal the worksurface around the sinks as suprise surprised there was water there. This video was April 2022
Agreed!
I would bet money that the bamboo bench has not been resealed since it's installation.
Stephanie knows next to nix about home maintenance.
Dan installed the bench top but it was up to Stephanie or one of her minions to maintain it.
The only thing she is good at, is making curtains and hanging wallpaper, and she manages to bodge the latter.

Reactions: 17
Funny how Fanny was well enough to drive 2 hours round trip Chateauroux the next day for a Sandddddwich and grocery run for ricotta. If Fanny was that sick, and apparently coughing all over the place, who wants her in the kitchen making up an Easter pie or hugging people on their arrival to the shitoo.
Play their cards right, they'll all be down with it for Easter Monday. Weeeeee!
---
My darling @JackSpratt you are on fire. I feel they have really pissed you off. You go girl 😘
It's my birthday weekend, week, month. I'm on a cleanse to get it out of my system.:LOL:🥂🥂🍾🍾🍷🍷🥃🥃🍺🍺🍹🍹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It would not surprise me at all if FRK makes an appearance soon, either to cook if Maria goes and SJ gets desperate, or just for a "friendly" visit. Fanny and Snorty were quick to invite her back after she had said she was suicidal. Fanny knew that if anything happened to FRK, she may not come out of that well and she thought having her to stay would put her in a good light as a caring person who "rescued" Marie. We don't yet know exactly what happened with MM in S. Africa but Fanny will not risk any further bad publicity so if Marie asks to come back, she will certainly make a big show of welcoming her. Let's hope for Marie's own sake, that she does not do this.
I see the woman who cooked for the music workshop at lie land, and fought FRK for table space and gave FRK a home and much more in Haworth (also gave the name for cadeau at the chateau), is currently in France. Will she make an Easter appearance at lie land I wonder 🤔
---
It looks like the beanie hat is doing wonders for her sinuses. 🤧
Perhaps they're thinking of launching a his and hers collection of beanies 🤢🤮

• Haha
Will give Snorty credit on this one, that placing another counter along the 3rd wall in the Area Cuisine would be useful (but Fanny, being as foolish as ever, claimed it's too expensive). Clearly Fanny has bigger renovation ideas in mind for that area, but as a temporary measure on Amazon she could purchase a stainless steel counter. Amazon have many options and for USD$212.00 Fanny wouldn't need to wait for the Chapel and GS renovations to be complete.

For less than USD1,000 Amuary could easily install stainless steel countertops in that entire space. Cheaper than wall paper!

GRIDMANN Stainless Steel Kitchen Prep Table 60 x 24 Inches with Backsplash & Under Shelf, NSF Commercial Work Table for Restaurant and Home
4.54.5 out of 5 stars (4,922)
$211.99
FREE delivery Thu, Apr 13

View attachment 2084003
I think the entire preparation area should be commercial and utilitarian in design.
Maria, Marie and to a lesser extent Dan all deserve a medal for preparing meals on the kitchen table for large numbers of people.
No wonder Cyril threw in the towel.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Never use timber in a wet area ie: kitchen, pantry . It's only going to get marked and turn black over time and then the mould sets in the cracks. YUKKK!!

FFS splash out and use real granite or faux granite which is non-porous. I am sure they have this product in France, if we have it in Oz.

Such a waste of expense. But that's so Lie-Lande doing things over and over again.
She's living in an area that has loads of granite. Loads of it over my way too, back in the day they produced granite mill stones here. They could have installed a clean functional stainless professional kitchen, it's not a huge space.

• Heart
I see the woman who cooked for the music workshop at lie land, and fought FRK for table space and gave FRK a home and much more in Haworth (also gave the name for cadeau at the chateau), is currently in France. Will she make an Easter appearance at lie land I wonder 🤔
You mean Door mat Nikki.
I think Josie will pitch up, with Andrew, Riccardo, Pugs and Mother, she likes to be on You Tube and in the know.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Fanny’s alleged flu/ cold symptoms can be turned on and off as easily as flipping a light switch. She displays symptoms when it is advantageous to her, e.g., wanting to lay in bed all day, be waited on constantly, or to avoid any type of work. When she wants to go shopping or run to the door to greet someone, while squealing Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! her symptoms suddenly disappear and she is miraculously well again. She always seems to be conveniently sick at holidays or when there are guests arriving or lots of work to be done.
---

I think Stephanie is somewhat intimidated by no nonsense Marie. Marie wanted to greet the dog before greeting the Shittelaine. She doesn’t play into the drama, Fanny worship, or the little pink camera. When Marie and Isabelle first met, there was an undercurrent of Clash of the Titans over the kitchen area. I don’t think Marie suffers fools gladly and would quickly quash any attempts at gaslighting by Phi Phi. She could easily squash him like a pesky fly. Pavlina looked happy to see Marie ( who would be a welcome respite from the 2 reigning drama queens of LieLande, the high maintenance Shittelaine and entitled Snorts.)
Will be interesting to see how everyone will interact if/when FRK arrives. Where will FRK fit it? What sweet nothings did Fanny whisper to entice FRK back and what promises did Fanny make with her love-bombing?

There's no more girl power or dancing in the kitchen. Snorty won't let FRK near Fanny, so don't expect spending nights together again watching movies. No more weekends away or treehouse hot tubs. Natti has Amuary on a short leash. Pavlina has the flowers covered and Snorty sets the tables. Maria, Pavlina and Jared are a tribe, and whilst FRK & Jared may both enjoy floating off with the fairies together, that threesome see right through Fanny & Snorty and know Fanny needs them more than they need Fanny.

Something entertaining is desperately needed so hopefully things get spicy soon. 🍿
---
You mean Door mat Nikki.
I think Josie will pitch up, with Andrew, Riccardo, Pugs and Mother, she likes to be on You Tube and in the know.
Josie could add a bit of entertainment.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A ridiculous question, I know, but what chance of SJ not screwing up the drop of the wallpaper vis-à-vis the different wall space available in that bathroom. The design (I think it’s quite nice but not in that space…and she’s gone for pale germolene pink again) is quite bottom heavy.

She and the self-styled Great Aesthete are so bloody dim they can’t grasp the basics of repeats, drops, width. Even if it’s written down by the manufacturer.

Another wallpaper crime waiting to happen.

£244 a roll. No matter that it will follow in the footsteps of the blingtastic downstairs loo, the mangrove swamp dining room/hall, Daddy’s medieval frolics in the winter salon “loo cupboard” and the Marquis apartment’s faux tapestry wallpaper. Goodness knows what the bird paper looks like in Germolene shower room.

70215582-E430-468E-BDA4-841EF1435458.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Never use timber in a wet area ie: kitchen, pantry . It's only going to get marked and turn black over time and then the mould sets in the cracks. YUKKK!!

FFS splash out and use real granite or faux granite which is non-porous. I am sure they have this product in France, if we have it in Oz.

Such a waste of expense. But that's so Lie-Lande doing things over and over again.
Totally agree - in my much less experienced past I had beech worktops put in what a nightmare ! As you say soon goes black round rhe sink and starts to rot - I can be done but needs constant care and oiling not something they would be doing - replaced mine with granite never looked back - tjey Cooke have that whole room ship shape in a weekend

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just watched FF Dan installing his "free" solar panels - still no hard hat!. Yet again, doing everything twice - has he not yet learnt from his past mistakes? :rolleyes: So he shovels up all the debris on the balcony and simply throws over the railings onto the steps below when he could have easily swept it all to one end of the balcony and thrown it onto the wasteland below. Thus avoiding him having to sweep and leaf blow the crap off the steps, YET AGAIN!!! o_O
To date, how many times have those steps been cleared, thinking at least 5/6 times by now!
And, he said, "wow, what a view". Really? :unsure:
I marveled at the idiocy of Dan trying really hard to kill himself on his son's birthday. Selfish prick could have ruined every birthday for the rest of his sons life. Even worse if he has fallen and broken his neck. Who would take care of him? I doubt he has health insurance

• Heart
:LOL: :LOL: I'm your fatter blonde 5ft 1in long lost twin. They still speak like it there, although there's a bit more of the London thrown in now.
See, I knew we were twinnies. I have a few more inches in height but I'm more wider bodied than I used to be! Still blondish. Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we new each other from our past lives!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was just thinking people love to see progress. If Dan just shovels dirt from one end to the other and takes out trees people will be happy. Same with Billy. Just slowly keeping busy at the convent will build his profile. I hope with all my heart people move their money from Stephanie to Dan and Billy. Wouldn’t that be hilarious.
Given the patron numbers and money drop between Fanny and Billy/Dan combined it looks like it’s already happening. Hard to tell with Billy setting his Patreon to prevent money amounts but it’s close enough for government work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Will give Snorty credit on this one, that placing another counter along the 3rd wall in the Area Cuisine would be useful (but Fanny, being as foolish as ever, claimed it's too expensive). Clearly Fanny has bigger renovation ideas in mind for that area, but as a temporary measure on Amazon she could purchase a stainless steel counter. Amazon have many options and for USD$212.00 Fanny wouldn't need to wait for the Chapel and GS renovations to be complete.

For less than USD1,000 Amuary could easily install stainless steel countertops in that entire space. Cheaper than wall paper!

GRIDMANN Stainless Steel Kitchen Prep Table 60 x 24 Inches with Backsplash & Under Shelf, NSF Commercial Work Table for Restaurant and Home
4.54.5 out of 5 stars (4,922)
$211.99
FREE delivery Thu, Apr 13

View attachment 2084003
the arriere cuisine, or scullery, or back kitchen, needs a complete revamp. It’s totally unfit for purpose.

The prancing twerp can’t take credit for that eminently sensible idea. Remember when Davey morphed from Capability Brown to an interior designer? He came up with a plan/design and suggested using something like IKEA units to completely reshape the layout of the 3 walls, creating more cupboards and more countertop areas. I seem to remember SJ - predictably) baulked at the idea of units from the Swedish meatball emporium (not pretty enough?, not grand enough?). Davey then suggested at least using the carcasses of the units and have doors made and suitable work tops. (Paging Armoire).

I’m pretty sure it was after that when Dan bodged the work top/draining board by the sinks.

Mlle Fumée et Miroirs buying integrated dishwashers (squeals of horror) adds yet more unnecessary work to Armoire’s to do list. On the other hand, he’s not going to be doing anything in grand salon any time soon and he must bored of radiator covers.

Another chapter in Stephanie’s lengthy volume of incompetence.

• Heart
I marveled at the idiocy of Dan trying really hard to kill himself on his son's birthday. Selfish prick could have ruined every birthday for the rest of his sons life. Even worse if he has fallen and broken his neck. Who would take care of him? I doubt he has health insurance
Dan is the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
A ridiculous question, I know, but what chance of SJ not screwing up the drop of the wallpaper vis-à-vis the different wall space available in that bathroom. The design (I think it’s quite nice but not in that space…and she’s gone for pale germolene pink again) is quite bottom heavy.

She and the self-styled Great Aesthete are so bloody dim they can’t grasp the basics of repeats, drops, width. Even if it’s written down by the manufacturer.

Another wallpaper crime waiting to happen.

£244 a roll. No matter that it will follow in the footsteps of the blingtastic downstairs loo, the mangrove swamp dining room/hall, Daddy’s medieval frolics in the winter salon “loo cupboard” and the Marquis apartment’s faux tapestry wallpaper. Goodness knows what the bird paper looks like in Germolene shower room.

View attachment 2084107
"Paste the Wall" and watch it collapse in front of or onto of you

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As for the kitchen. She’s had plenty of time and money and extra room to put a decent kitchen together. What is there now is disgusting. It was also just changed a year ago. Last time I checked, you can go buy a laminate length of countertop and cut out all of the holes and install it in a day. Anne Marie has a quarter of a million in tools sitting in his shop. If he can’t cut out the holes and install something like that in a day, then someone needs to take his tools away.
The Chatelaine de Monetization renovates like a chicken with its head cut off. Running around with no plan, no ability to focus. She doesn’t need patrons. She needs some Ritalin.
---
How about a new name for the Gay Twank -
Beanie Baby?

😝

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Did I hear the slight dig at Tattle in Stephanie's latest?
It comes in at the end, while they are thanking Grant, 26:49.
Stephanie says "Thank you, Graunt" in her English accent, then someone else - Amaury? - yells out 'Grant' in a very American accent, and someone else does it, too. Then I think we hear Stephanie saying thank you again, pronouncing it 'Grant' instead of 'Graunt'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.