The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @graciemckitten for naming the thread, and @ploppityplop2 for nominating it.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Monday at 5:38 PM
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.

Reactions:You, après-le-déluge, Frenchie0810 and 65 others

Ginginger

Chatty Member

Wednesday at 4:30 PM
Alice Allan is pissed off for good reason!
(Apologies if this has been posted already)

Reactions:Petit Sange, lolander, Sasha Groves and 50 others

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Thursday at 12:43 PM

shelagh ward

13 hours ago
Why do people send sooooo much stuff ? . I find it strange ?

Tommy Keegan
1 day ago (edited)
What a bunch of narsistic phonies.These people are worth millions.
Chateau Joe
17 hours ago
Is your frozen heart not melted by the joy of watching wealthy people opening gifts under the guise of charity?

Reactions:You, Freesia54, pink roses and 48 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Monday at 6:15 PM
I’m amazed at the speed SJ churns through people. The whole process, from start to finish…love bombing to dismissal…can be counted in months. SJ’s history with Dan could be a case study in narcissism. I remember when Dan was first introduced, then elevated to a pedestal, eventually sidelined, and now kicked to the curb. It’s a revolving door at the farmhouse. What a shallow life. Think about it…the person SJ has chosen as her companion/partner…the person she is supposedly most closely connected, shares emotions, thoughts, feelings, and continues to “stick around”…is PhiPhi…26 years old, uneducated, uncultured, unskilled, and naive (but he probably has an agenda). Astounding and embarrassing.

Reactions:You, Sookiesweets, StephaniesSupportConsort and 46 others

C'est moi

VIP Member

Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Thank you so much @T Rex , @Just Grift Wood . Sadly my cat didn't make it, we had to make the decision to say our final au revoir on boxing day. It's been just too sad.

I've been hanging around on the periphery of all your banter you witty haters, trolls and queens. Bonne année, meilleurs voeux à toutes et tous. I can't believe it's already 10th January! I've missed a lot on here but I see everything stays the same at the shitshow...

Reactions:You, Sasha Groves, Karma baby! and 42 others

Remember we have a wiki.
Happy Tattling.

Reactions: 32
@C'est moi About the narc Aunt you can never win with a narc. I would give her a few items you're not fussed about and say you can't find the ones that are important to you and you want to keep. I am sorry about your Mum and that you have a narc relative to deal with. The best thing of all is to cut the narc out of your life but not always possible I know. Hope she is not adding a lot of stress to your life. xxxxxx

I was horrified to see how little Dan has done to Annalise's house-what has he been doing with his time? They are still living in an unfinished hovel and the selfish prick has bought a derelict ruin -oh because he is so flush with cash. He is so deluded and selfish he hasn't even got a car, a job and thinks he is interesting enough to captivate an audience. He can buy two bottles of Scotch for him and Amaury to get hammered, can have a jolly to Marrakesh but can't buy materials to finish a house for the kids. Annalise's car was a pig sty the inside absolutely filthy and littered with rubbish what is wrong with all these people. The kids are sweet little boys it is sad to see their Dad hasn't bothered to give them somewhere clean and safe to live. They can't possibly play outside on that building site. Dan can't even organise petrol for his cement mixer-he has his head in the clouds the chateau has been really bad for him.

I started thinking why I watched Fanny in the first place and it was because I love renovating, fabrics, antiques, china etc but I am beginning to question my own sanity. I have nearly finished my renovating and she is still at square one. As for Dan what is interesting about a middle aged man driving around in a Nissan Micra getting petrol.His level of workmanship is shoddy and slap dash at best. Dan is not special or interesting and neither is Fanny once you realise her only interest is herself. When I first started watching I wasn't worried about how she spent the money but then I started to realise how much money she was grifting and their was seismic shift in my opinion-she owes it to patrons to do some work and do it to a high standard. The lifestyle she is living can't merely be funded from the ad revenue or can it?

Reactions: 44
Dan is an utter joke and waste of space. All the excitement about his château ruin has gone. He had more relevance as the handy man/gardener when he first arrived on the scene. That is his level and he should have stayed there.

Reactions: 29
Dan is an utter joke and waste of space. All the excitement about his château ruin has gone. He had more relevance as the handy man/gardener when he first arrived on the scene. That is his level and he should have stayed there.
I don't think he even mentioned his chateau in his lastest vlog?

Reactions: 19
I don't think he even mentioned his chateau in his lastest vlog?
That would take in excess of 2 million Euros to restore he is an utter Pratt.He is a jack of all trades, messy, disorganised and unskilled. He thinks he is charismatic and one of the in crowd but he is a very sad little man.

Silver Fox
4 hours ago
I enjoy the episodes where you're working on your own home......rather than your vanity project of the ruin.

Right I am just nipping out to the bakery and then to get a coffee and to the florist. I can't really be arsed to get dressed properly, my car looks like a skip but I just wanted your opinion do you think I have enough here as the basis for a daily flog? I haven't got Fanny to blag followers from I am disorganised and will probably forget my wallet but I thought you 15 hags, menopausal evils could be the start of my following what do you think? ha ha

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
That's exactly how I thought too. He brought eight blocks in the trunk, went again for fuel and in the evening once more for whiskey. I think whiskey costs more than eight blocks and two liters of gas.
He built those eight blocks, and the stone for the steps. Now that too will stand for who knows how long until he brings another eight blocks again.
If I lived in that house, with all that mess around, I would go crazy. Literally crazy.

Reactions: 30
The lifestyle she is living can't merely be funded from the ad revenue or can it?
No, it can’t. The Pethericks rely on Gwen’s yeast to fund their projects and life. But Fanny doesn’t have any yeast of her own, so she grifts on Patreon.

Fanny should be using Patreon to supplement her renovations…not using Patreon to fully fund renovations just so she can play and shop. She’s collected well over $750K by now on Patreon. But based on what we can observe with our own eyes, I don’t see $750K worth of renovations…where’s it going? . Show the accounts, Fanny!

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
I would be happy if she just used all the patreon on renovations but actually she isn't doing any just wasting money on frippery

Reactions: 20
I know I’m a little late commenting, but just found some time to listen to Billy’s “This Renovation Will Bankrupt Us” vlog (Oh please! He won’t go bankrupt….Gwen has plenty of yeast left in her). I say “listened” to his vlog because I was working on something else and had it playing in the background.

First off, what’s up with the extremely over-the-top dramatic orchestra music choices? It’s a renovation video…not a dramatic cinematic masterpiece. Methinks the overdone music has Michael’s name written all over it…drama queen.

If I have to hear “crack on” one more time, I might hurl my iPad across the room.

Had to listen to Billy make jokes about “losing his nut.” He and Ryan think they’re so funny. This was my reaction:

Reactions: 27
I would be happy if she just used all the patreon on renovations but actually she isn't doing any just wasting money on frippery
If I were writing this story, Phillipa will have got a whiff of the impending arrests and clutching it's manicure set in one hand and carrying it's grandmother's china in the other it will have fled to the Low Countries one step ahead of the Gendarmes descending on the farmhouse to arrest the crime family for tax evasion, fraud and theft. Once in the Low Countries Phillipa will have gone to ground only to emerge years later as a go-go dancer in an off the beaten track burlesque theatre, bald and embittered and remembering when it was living in a castle in the middle of nowhere, Queen of all it surveyed.
Armoire will have fled to Argentina with Gnatti and evaded arrest while Isabelle and Percy sheltered in place in South Africa.
Fanny will have been arrested and thrown into jail, where she would have found God and become a nun in between stints of filling in as a dominatrix at the local bordello.
That just leaves Dan... who in my story would be living in a shack in the shadow of his ruined chateau scratching a living by mowing lawns and strimming weeds, becoming more and more peculiar as he loses, one by one, his Turkish teeth. But life is stranger than fiction so let's wait and see what Fanny and co vomit up for us next.

Reactions: 32
No shit Dan, keeping things accurate as you build means that doors, windows etc will as a result fit properly. Who would have thought it? I have never before commented about his partner, but she must be as fcukin mindless as him. The interior of the car was a tip, they remind me of trailer trash, what a shower of clampits.

Lesa from Chateau De Montmagner says it all the time. Credit where it's due her and her bore off Teddy Bear do work hard but I can't listen to her 'whooping' and that laugh, and Ted talks measurements when he does actually manage to string a sentence together. She was rebuilding a stone wall in the piggery which they are converting into living quarters for themselves, her hard hat was on the floor at her feet when a large piece of stone dislodged as she was tapping and just missed her head. They have no more money in the restoration fund and are relying on a buy me a tile for 3 euros and which will have the donors name written on the back. To be fair they are continuing using the free resources they have available but I have never taken to them. Shame really as they do get things done.

Reactions: 16
The hairdresser’s car reminds me of the French Beans’ chateau - a mess.

Hello, my darlings, it's been a minute.
Just here to say I burst out laughing at the "sculpture" from the last slog. Not because it deserved a laugh, mind you, but the fact Fanny called it a sculpture and then held up my 5th grade school project tickled me.

Reactions: 27
Correction, Fanny has plenty of yeast (London flat), but she refuses to touch it for the shag shack.

Reactions: 16
Caroline Gooder is freaking me out she knows what is in their fridge. Nothing will stay at Chateau forever not even Fanny.

Reactions: 23
I would think of Dan as an odd job man but for one thing. They were skilled at accomplishing the odd, often small, jobs that needing doing around the great estates. Here odd means nonstandard as opposed to strange. Dan is only skill at being a self-centered jackass.

Then for all that’s unholy DON’T attempt to watch the new Bantermine channel those two doofuses are starting. Your poor brain will leak out of your ears!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.