The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just started watching a series on Hulu this morning called, Only Murders in the Building. It is about a murder that occurs in a large apartment building in New York City. A resident is murdered and 3 other residents are working to figure out who murdered the resident,

I wonder if Ruth Kelly’s next book could be Murder at Lie Lande. ( the villa sounds a bit like Lie Lande, with everyone competing for something.) This would be the first couple of episodes:

F4F and Snorts were found lifeless at the Dump. Snorts’s body was found dressed in his lady desk room, under his lady desk, in the opulent all gown F4F wore in Venice, wearing his prized velveteen booties and a tiara was crammed on his head. His body was covered with a fake Hermes blanket and surrounded by stuffed squirrels and hedgehogs. The French language program they did an ad for during videos is still running on his laptop. A half eaten bowl of full fat dairy ice cream was found half melted next to his laptop. An autopsy revealed copious amounts of alcohol and huge amounts of cheese and other dairy products in his stomach. Was he truly lactose intolerant and had a fatal adverse reaction to the dairy products? Was he forced to eat dairy by his killer and denied an epipen? Was it his ice cream by the laptop or the killer’ creamy dairy treat? Who would have motive to kill Snorts?

F4F’s lifeless body was found laying in her bed. Sadly and unfortunately, since this was the normal reclining position of the Shittelaine, it took the Dump crew 2 days to realize that she had died and was not merely sleeping. F4F was found laying in her bed, with an assortment of dozens of framed photographs of herself laying around her, some mock ups of Daddy Derek pervy tiles, and a jug of expensive wine had been spilled across the crumb covered bed. A half open bag of chips was on the bed next to a cracked teacup full of home made chutney. The old moldy facial steamer F4F rescued from the Attic clearing was still plugged into the wall and was on the table next to the bed. Someone had taken paint and covered up the naked breast in Fanny”s beloved Daddy Derek painting. It was later discovered all the naked people depicted in Daddy Derek’s paintings had been covered in paint. A egg slicer once purchased by Daddy Derek ( but never used by him) was found underneath the pillow of the Shittelaine.

Anne Marie nervously explained, “ nothing was out of the ordinary. It was just another night for Cuz Fanny.” An inconclusive autopsy revealed that the Shittelaine may have died from food poisoning from the expired chutney, from alcohol poisoning from drinking several bottles of wine, or was killed by mold and contaminants from using the nasty moldy facial steamer from the attic. Was she forced to drink copious amounts of non watered down wine? Forced to use the nasty facial steamer? Did she know the chutney had been expired for 12 years? Did she have a volunteer or Dump inhabitant bring her the chutney to her bedroom. And was too drunk and unaware it was spoiled or drugged?

How unusual that both deaths occurred so close in time. Was F4F killed on the same night as Snorts? No one realized she was dead for 2 days but she had a long established history of playing with/faking timelines and fancied herself a “time traveler.” A few weeks after the death of the Shittelaine, her bed sheets were finally changed, and a twig from the Marie Antoinette descendent tree and a small porcelain figure from an Epiphany cake rolled out from the sheets.

The figurine had been won by Fanny countless times over the years and entitled her to be “Queen of the Day.” No one could explain why it was tangled up in the bedsheets.Cuz Anne Marie ominously proclaimed, “Now she is the Queen every day. Godspeed Cuz Fanny” and then rushed to the wine cellar to bring up a bottle of the most expensive champagne to “toast” his dead Cuz.

The Dump crew went thru a dozen bottles of champagne that night and Cuz and Dan were seen joyously and drunkenly throwing Snorts’ plates and porcelain into the fireplace. Ole Battle Axe rushed to F4F’s bedroom to take all the jewelry and liquor.

The Shittelaine or Snorts were offed at the faux Christmas celebration filming taking place in July, and the local tax inspector/Ruby/The flower killer has to determine who of the remaining Dump residents on the premises at the time of the murders would have motive to kill them (Sir Chamberpottie, Ruthie writer, Manless Dan, Anne Marie, the Angry Argentenian, Baghead and wife, Percy, the ole battle axe Mummy, Manor and Maker, the “Egyptologist” , the disgruntled peahens, chickens, and sheep, Davy, etc.)

Ruby quickly exonerates the animals, and the search circle is expanded to all people who visited the Dump in the past 5 years, to include volunteers, B and B guests, contractors, government officials, the recipients of the gift grab funds, with guest cameos by Ollie and Camilla and Jason Dubley, etc. Were the maligned accountants fed up with Fannys lies? Was Baghead tired of wearing a bag and being filmed? Was Sir Chamberpottie fed up with the decade+ of belittling and demeaning comments/actions and anger from the Shittelaine and snapped?

The possibilities of people who have a motive to off the gruesome twosome is overwhelming. It would have to be a 12 part miniseries, at a minimum,

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
L
No, it can’t. The Pethericks rely on Gwen’s yeast to fund their projects and life. But Fanny doesn’t have any yeast of her own, so she grifts on Patreon. 😆

Fanny should be using Patreon to supplement her renovations…not using Patreon to fully fund renovations just so she can play and shop. She’s collected well over $750K by now on Patreon. But based on what we can observe with our own eyes, I don’t see $750K worth of renovations…where’s it going? 🤔. Show the accounts, Fanny!
Let’s face it, Fanny has plenty of yeast. :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Dan's focus unfortunately is Dan
Dan’s Chateau project was nothing more than a big gamble to find a project he thought he could leverage for content to gain big numbers of viewers and ad revenue. That’s what Billy has done, funding his convent project mainly with ad revenues and keeping himself busy playing with and buying expensive filming toys and tools, which he can write off but then use elsewhere at the Chateau.
Dan‘s first few videos did fairly well….reaching 100k viewers but instead of doing something amazing to build his channel….he mainly filmed himself clearing brush (and not even a good job of that) and nothing of the backstory, his plans and ideas. And he tried to get sympathy for the history of the place providing a home for Jewish children as a basis for a new Patreon or go fund me, perhaps?
But the manless Dan effed up….stopped making content for weeks, which is terrible for the algorithm, and didn’t even try to make interesting content, relying on click-bait keywords in his thumbnails.
every vlog he filmed enraged my OCD, with brush not being tidied up, no safety hat or shoes (sneakers, Dan?), and the one wooden window restored.
let’s face it, there is no intention at all to restore the place., just milk it for content when he needs a few bucks to buy a bottle of whisky. And I for one, would never let my child on-site at a ruin like that, even if he builds himself a cabin.

also, if Sabine was back at the chateau, then I think we solved the mystery of who Dan was shagging and why she was sent away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
I had the same question…I don’t recall Dan explaining what he meant about his “mistake.” Since it’s January and the start of the new year, maybe he looks back on 2022 like he wasted time? Didn’t finish projects at his house? Also, he said he doesn’t remember why he stopped the daily vlogs, so maybe that was his “mistake?” Or perhaps he regrets getting involved with Fanny’s drama? I don’t know…he should have been more clear. At the end of his vlog, Dan said he was heading for his “date” with Amaury…sounded to me like a “wink” to Tattle.
He didn’t explain the title. However, I though i heard him say that he was sleeping at the farmhouse, so he’s back with his wife? Or sleeping on the couch with the dogs.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
What do we imagine Fanny will be doing in 15 years time?
Gas/petrol stations situated on the major French autoroutes usually have attendants for the lavatories to keep the facilities clean. It's customary to tip them. I image Fanny, leaning on a mop, holding out her paw to those who use the toilets and saying "That'll be €1 si vous plait."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I imagine she will be a Barbara Cartland version of Miss Haversham. Sitting alone surround by Toile no visitors, no friends and a crumbling overgrown shitto
I see her as a combination of Miss Havesham and Bella Fleace. Selling the remaining valuables to fund a lifestyle that she was never entitled to, while wondering why no one comes to her galas.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had the same question…I don’t recall Dan explaining what he meant about his “mistake.” Since it’s January and the start of the new year, maybe he looks back on 2022 like he wasted time? Didn’t finish projects at his house? Also, he said he doesn’t remember why he stopped the daily vlogs, so maybe that was his “mistake?” Or perhaps he regrets getting involved with Fanny’s drama? I don’t know…he should have been more clear. At the end of his vlog, Dan said he was heading for his “date” with Amaury…sounded to me like a “wink” to Tattle.
Maybe his mistake was abandoning his family for the lure of fake love, fake life and fake laughter

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I really like Annalise and will forgive her for having a messy car. She is mostly a single Mum, trying to run the house, look after the kids and work as a hairdresser . I should think cleaning her car is pretty low on her list of priorities.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
One of my fantasies for her:
She'll have gone full-on Grey Gardens in 15 years. Mentally disturbed and alone wandering the crumbling chateau and eating catfood "paté" from the can. The hoarded cadeau crap will be stacked along the walls floor to ceiling. One day a heap of tatt will tumble, trapping her in a small room where she freezes to death and is eaten by Ruby's descendants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I really like Annalise and will forgive her for having a messy car. She is mostly a single Mum, trying to run the house, look after the kids and work as a hairdresser . I should think cleaning her car is pretty low on her list of priorities.
I also won't judge her messy car, but I wouldn't want a ride in it! Some people just don't mind messes, I'm not one of them. I clean as I go, a lesson I learned from generations of busy mothers and grandmothers in my own family. Messiness is more of a habit than anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Was the mistake he made passing his children into an underground tank? Or perhaps it's that he gave up on his marriage. Why did he give up patreon? Or was it not his decision. I haven't watched his last vlog, I just can't stand him.

• Heart
I do enjoy Chateau Montmagner, they work so hard, clearly the work force has dried up because they're doing all that heavy stuff themselves. I just don't get why they close for 3-4 months when they don't have any money? They should at least keep the sunday roasts going.. maybe there isn't enough takers? Their efforts to do a Christmas market were admirable, but such a shame they didn't do a little research on the date..
I heard that.. it clashed with the France football in the World cup. I agree they do put the hours and work in I just can't listen to them and that's probably more to do with me than them.

Reactions: 10
Lesa from Chateau De Montmagner says it all the time. Credit where it's due her and her bore off Teddy Bear do work hard but I can't listen to her 'whooping' and that laugh, and Ted talks measurements when he does actually manage to string a sentence together. She was rebuilding a stone wall in the piggery which they are converting into living quarters for themselves, her hard hat was on the floor at her feet when a large piece of stone dislodged as she was tapping and just missed her head. They have no more money in the restoration fund and are relying on a buy me a tile for 3 euros and which will have the donors name written on the back. To be fair they are continuing using the free resources they have available but I have never taken to them. Shame really as they do get things done.
I always watched this couple who worked hard and seemed to actually achieve a lot on their road to getting things in place to rent rooms, have a tearoom, events etc and then one day a video appeared where they were pretending to be alcoholics and holding bottles of liquor, acting drunk and disparaging people who have the disease of alcoholism. I was totally shocked that they would behave like this and above all actually post it on You Tube. It changed my whole opinion of them and made me realize they had no real feelings for their viewers and were only in it for the money!! I left a comment and Lesa had the absolute nerve to tear a strip off me for watching the video. If I didnt like it why did I watch it??? She then admitted it should never have been posted... they were just having fun. Approx. 200 views before she removed it. This told me all I need to know about the mentality of these so called "chateau renovators"... trailer trash is right.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Isn't it an hour drive to the hardware store? Maybe I'm wrong, but what a waste of time/gas/effort... Can he not rent a van from the hardware store or pay delivery and get a proper load to complete the job... I will assume money is tight then.... Can't he work in France? Where's his money coming from for trips? ALSO.... did he ever explain what he meant by his headline of making a mistake a year ago? A year ago he signed up for that useless course with that twit vlogger, who makes his money off saps who think they can vlog...
I had every one of these questions as well. Where does his money come from? We saw a brief glimpse of Annalise walking by in the vlog... what exactly is their relationship now? Yeah, it's their personal life, but it is confusing the heck out of me. Does anyone know what IS done in their hovel? A kitchen, yes, a family room, yes, his man-cave thing. Has there ever been a vlog tour of their place? I'm in full agreement with the other tattler who commented they would go nuts living in a work site for so long. I could not stand it.

Is CarolineNo Gooder remote viewing the Dump? How can a woman allegedly from North Carolina have such intimate detailed knowledge of the Dump, its plans, and inhabitants? Remember that Sir Chamberpottie was nicknamed Caroline by the baby doll smuggler Tess when they were dating. Passive aggressive F4F would love to have a dig at Potts with the Caroline Gooder alias. Also, I believe Clara has confirmed for us in the past on here that Caroline Gooder is an alias that the Dump crew use. I think they use it to plant ideas, purchases or trips, undeserved over the top adulation or praise, and to plant real or made up info to present the “narrative” or “storyline” that Fanny currently wants to present to manipulate viewers. It is all about impression management by F4F, manipulation and presenting false or disingenuous information to present her and the Dump crew in an untrue flattering light so she can continue to rake in the cash to fund her servants, travel, shipping addiction, and to get thousands of gifts/ freebies, etc. every year.
I picture them sitting around the grimy kitchen table, plotting false identities and replies, and patting themselves on the back.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She won't be alone, that's for sure. So if she's not in jail, she will be with some rich man (or woman). Since she won't have the cash and her looks are fading, there will be no young lovers for her! She'll prostitute herself to some old codger, hoping to snatch the money when he dies. Sad to say, but I feel pretty confident with this prediction.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.