The Chateau Diaries #207 The association is named: Wonker, Tasser, Trollop & Son!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana certainly knew how to manipulate and was not the most stable patent. Neither she nor Charles experienced hands on parenting. Harry and his wife were the product of fractured families. Thank goodness for the Middletons! I think they were able to show William some normality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I am so confused as to why the restoration committee for Notre Dame de Paris did not immediately hire Amaury. With his skills, his learning from YouTube videos and overall cleanliness he would have been a great asset. What a muppet.
They’ve also missed a trick by overlooking smugmug. His knowledge of historical architecture is second to none if we are to believe new flues Fanny, look how invaluable he has been at the shittoo. So far his expertise appears to have driven off the only architect known to have visited shittooville to draw up plans for new facades and his assistance with the placement of the panelling in the big room means that what should have been a six month job is now about to enter a third year.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I could only bear a short look…. Did anyone notice Isabel’s eyesight or lack of? She gets Stephanie to read things…
How is she safe to drive?
She’s not but whether it’s her eyes or the rest of them continuously drinking and driving, they continue to do it because the rules of life are not for them, just everyone else. Selfish family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I could only bear a short look…. Did anyone notice Isabel’s eyesight or lack of? She gets Stephanie to read things…
How is she safe to drive?
She should NOT be driving! Not just eyesight but reflexes both physically and mentally are impaired at her age. Fanny is not going to see her mother the way she should because it would mean being inconvenienced by taking on more of a caregiving role which requires responsibility, accountability and being present, and we all know that would interfere with travel, shopping, and have FUN!

Yeah and what happened to her miraculous vision restoration surgery? Remember that?
It was probably having her cataracts removed. No miracle there.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
that's interesting, isn't it? sonja and sylvia were both commons before marriage and my opinoin is they do a very good job being queens. same with current scandinavian crown spouses.
i think and in a way i know..those outsiders saved all those monarchies...when they were married within the same families...like they all did for ages...most people would have wanted to get rid of them..The best example is that prince Henrik of Denmark...the spouse of queen Margretha...i met him a few times.....omg what a twit that was...how that sensible woman like she is ...ever fell for that man... :rolleyes: Joachim is just like his father...selfcentred and a twit...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
In Ryan and Billy's recent podcast vlog, Ryan told a story of a local girl that claimed to be abducted by men in a green van - for a moment I thought, "that explains Dan's disappearance." Fortunately, it was revealed the girl pulled a Sherri Papini and was lying.
i watched that podcast too..i hate that ryan..but i wanted to know what Billy had to say....i guess that green van..didnt occured by accident...i am also very curious what Billy has to say about the in our way called...chateauxverse...

Reactions: 12
Does anyone know the story of Diana's engagement ring..? Harry said something about not giving it to William, William took it for safe keeping? How did Harry come to have it? Must really bug Megs not to have that little bauble. EDIT: I found it...
Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell said in the 2017 Amazon Prime documentary The Diana Story that Diana's ring was actually given to Prince Harry after her death. And Harry, in a "selfless" moment, gave it to William to propose with years later.

Burrell said, per Express, that both William and Harry got to pick a memento from Diana's possessions in 1997. William was asked first what he'd like and chose Diana's Cartier watch that she received as a 21st birthday present from her father. Then Harry was asked and he singled out the ring. He told Burrell, "I remember when I held mummy's hand when I was a small boy and that ring always hurt me because it was so big." So Burrell gave Harry the ring from the safe.

A little more than a decade later, William talked to Harry about proposing to Kate. “Harry said to him: ‘Wouldn’t it be fitting if she had mummy’s ring?’” Burrell recalled. “Then one day that ring will be sat on the throne of England. Harry gave up his precious treasure. His one thing he kept from his mother, he gave to his brother. That’s selfless, kind, and exactly who Diana was.”

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
For C'est Moi...

I was just a kitten when we first met, I loved you from the start,
You picked me up and took me home, and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together, we shared all life could throw,
But the years passed all too quickly, and my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me, I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that flow when I'm not waiting at the door.
You always did your best for me, your love was plain to see,
For even though it broke your heart, you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me, one day we'll meet once more,
For when you're called to heaven, I'll be waiting by the door.

With love. ❤
Thank you @Iolair x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Under age? I was having sex at 17...
i was a virgin untill i was 25...i dont get that Harry story behind a pub...my parents watched and controlled me and my sister like hawks..there was no way...i could end up behind a pub... :rolleyes: well maybe to puke...but not to have sex...

Does anyone know the story of Diana's engagement ring..? Harry said something about not giving it to William, William took it for safe keeping? How did Harry come to have it? Must really bug Megs not to have that little bauble. EDIT: I found it...
Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell said in the 2017 Amazon Prime documentary The Diana Story that Diana's ring was actually given to Prince Harry after her death. And Harry, in a "selfless" moment, gave it to William to propose with years later.

Burrell said, per Express, that both William and Harry got to pick a memento from Diana's possessions in 1997. William was asked first what he'd like and chose Diana's Cartier watch that she received as a 21st birthday present from her father. Then Harry was asked and he singled out the ring. He told Burrell, "I remember when I held mummy's hand when I was a small boy and that ring always hurt me because it was so big." So Burrell gave Harry the ring from the safe.

A little more than a decade later, William talked to Harry about proposing to Kate. “Harry said to him: ‘Wouldn’t it be fitting if she had mummy’s ring?’” Burrell recalled. “Then one day that ring will be sat on the throne of England. Harry gave up his precious treasure. His one thing he kept from his mother, he gave to his brother. That’s selfless, kind, and exactly who Diana was.”
that story could well be true..i dont have knowledge..but it makes sense to me...i think the brothers made the pact...the one who proposes first gets mummies ring..and btw i dont think Burell had something to do with it...inheritance is not discussed with the butler...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
i think and in a way i know..those outsiders saved all those monarchies...when they were married within the same families...like they all did for ages...most people would have wanted to get rid of them..The best example is that prince Henrik of Denmark...the spouse of queen Margretha...i met him a few times.....omg what a twit that was...how that sensible woman like she is ...ever fell for that man... :rolleyes: Joachim is just like his father...selfcentred and a twit...
He was semi-dishy but she definitely was. And doted on him.
Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.47.43 PM.png

• Heart
he was sort of of handsome. and french. and he wrote poetry. he probably charmed her out of her knickers

• Haha
  • Sad
Thank you @JackSpratt It's the daftest things that set me off. Fortunately (!) my son has flu this week. I had to perform an intervention and hijack him back from Toulouse last Friday as he was in a bad way. I'd only taken him back the previous Monday and I came down with a mild food poisoning from a dodgy sandwich from a superette, should have known better. Life is gaining some semblance again.
I know what you mean. Try not to beat yourself up about it, you did the right thing. So hard losing a beloved pet. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
  • Heart
I found the love story of Princess Mary charming. She is likened to Our Princess of Wales when talking about fashion.
Mary learnt a new language and became a royal. It is possible for an outsider. Meghan was not prepared to serve…
I read an Australian interview with the Australian Crown Princess Mary in which she said that one night, while relaxing after dinner at the Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen, Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II popped her head round the door and said "Mary, Frederik, come along, grab your coats, I feel like going out to the movies." So, suited up against the cold, all three strolled to a local movie theatre, stood in line to buy tickets and snacks, and watched a film together. They were not shown preferential treatment, although when Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II entered the cinema, every one stood up, some waving and saying hi. Crown Princess Mary, who originally met her Prince in a pub in Sydney during the 2000 Olympics, said that there was no security detail, no fuss, and while many people recognised their royal family on the streets, no-one bothered them except to wish them good evening.

Later, a British reporter when out onto the streets to interview the local Danes and asked if this type of thing was normal for the Danish royal family. The answers were yes, the royals were seen quite often out and about shopping and running errands etc. The reporter asked "But who protects them?" And a Dane said "Why we do, of course. They are our royal family."

Now contrast this with the British royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
he was sort of of handsome. and french. and he wrote poetry. he probably charmed her out of her knickers
but omg...how he also could embaress her ....she for sure was very relaxed when he wasnt around..not so when he was around..especially the last 20 years...the last years he clearly sufford from dementia...but more than 10 years ago he also could make nasty remarks....and not in the way Philip did..

• Wow
  • Heart
Someone told me once that they believed that Americans are comparable to the ancient Romans in that they must have their bread and circuses. Recreational diversions for the masses. I don't know how true that is, but it's my guess that it's not so much that Americans are obsessed with the British Royals, but that they are obsessed with 'celebrity' and 'pageantry' for the entertainment value. And no-one does pageantry quite like the British royals.
The powers that be in the USA prefer the population to be fascinated by fame, celebrity and wealth. If they are distracted by such, then they are easier to control and don’t notice the true source of their problems. One of the reasons critical thinking is no longer taught in the education system. If your citizens can think for thenselves they are much harder to control!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.