The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Funny enough I came across these recently while poking around on social media, both taken in 2013. They are a very visual reminder of how close the lake (pond) was to the now crumbling part. I can’t believe she was so stupid as to pull the plug without giving any consideration to the impact it would have?! If it wasn’t Fanny it’d be too farcical to be believable, no wonder she’s lying about the circumstances. As with all of her self centred penny pinching decisions, it monumentally backfired. I’m keen to see if the new heating is set at that magical low number she used to waffle on about - the BS story about why the Shiteau had to kept cold.
View attachment 1851977View attachment 1851980
Interesting how visually stable everything appears in these images, right down to the seemingly straight beam in the not so grand salon. So the absolute destruction of a centuries old fortified farmhouse is down to greedy Fanny being a tit steward of a co-owned property! Here in the United States our prisons use orange jumpsuits as the uniform. I don’t know what France uses but I would love to see her spend the rest of her days in one. I’d even be okay if the entire thieving mafia family had to as well!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Here is filthy Fanny.Her first trip to SA on vlog. They are lording it up… and she is coveting the Ardmore piece.
She thinks she is buying class. She is, it is second class!

Going back to the money. Derek did not leave a will.
He obviously gave Fanny enough to buy her London flat with Larkin, and the chateau also with Larkin. Maybe answering myself…. When they sold the nursing home money was divided at that time. It does not seem to correlate with when Gerry set up his taxi firm although Derek may… have helped.

Was there a deal that Larkin can use the beach house or does he have shares in this too….?
I do not believe Derek had a pension or investments.
Mummy will most likely have a pension from working in the health service in the UK tho.
Fanny has never worked and is not entitled to any state help. Her income was….. from the air bnb on the London flat.

There is so much of this ‘ story of lies ‘ that continues not to add up.

My view is that the old van Amoury arrived in is now in use by his parents. why? Or did they buy it to help him? He and Natty have a white Mazda?hatchback.
The purchase of Matts red van was to replace the loss of Amourys useful van?

I must stop I am thinking too much🤣
Taking liberties on a new thread title suggestion regarding the libertines...

🧵 Fanny thinks she's buying class. She is, but it's 3rd class.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Americans have billionaires, millionaires and the rest of us. 🤣
Don’t forgot those fine folks who are famous simply for being famous!🤮

Isn’t he! He’s a very affectionate little fella too! My favorite part of the day is in the morning when we first see each other. He doesn’t sleep with me because my bed is too tall. He acts like I’ve been gone a million years and has to kiss me all over my face and hug me. They are the sweetest most affectionate beautiful little dogs.
Mine had such a fit to sleep in the bed that I finally invested in a set of steps for her. Otherwise no one got any rest. I had a heck of a time finding them too, as my bed is 30” tall.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sometimes, to get the housework done, I pretend I'm the housekeeper and on a time constraint :)
I hope you 'pay' yourself for being your own housekeeper. At least give yourself the odd treat for a job well done! Husband hired a housekeeper/cleaner/cook/physio for us after I hurt my back. I was expecting a horror like Mrs. Danvers and got a Nanny Ogg (for those who know the Discworld) and she's truly worth her weight in gold. She's thoroughly no-nonsense, completely down to earth, a glorious cook, and I adore her sense of humour. My days sparkle with her around. We've had quite a few adventures together with her ferrying me about to various appointments and beyond, and her extended family are gems! Aside from all my aches and pains, I'm extraordinarily lucky to have such caring people in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Don’t forgot those fine folks who are famous simply for being famous!🤮

Mine had such a fit to sleep in the bed that I finally invested in a set of steps for her. Otherwise no one got any rest. I had a heck of a time finding them too, as my bed is 30” tall.
I bet that was hard to find! He’s excellent about sleeping in his crate, no fuss at all. I’m a helicopter dog mother, so I do it mainly for his safety. I’m afraid he’ll fall off the bed! My last cavalier was a Blenheim girl and she would sleep on my head and snore. (Had a lower bed then). I couldn’t sleep! He’s such a snuggle bug I’m tempted to get a different bed. Since he was a pup he’s been climbing in my lap to fall asleep on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
👇 @Stroppy's post from the last thread...

"I was wondering if the young girl who won the Viliotti scholarship ever visited the farmhouse. Wasn't she supposed to be given a trip there last year. Is she still being sponsored, or has that gone the same way as all the other promises of renovations, accounts etc. Of course I know the answer, but some of us do have good memories...."

You are correct. Stephanie Jarvis promised that and a trip to Paris fashion week. However, that has now changed...
Stephanie Jarvis claims that she has sent the final instalment for her Viliotti scholarship.
Look at the body language. They are all complicit.

View attachment 1850333View attachment 1850334View attachment 1850337View attachment 1850340
Thankyou KikiGee, that makes me so angry. Promises, promises, promises never kept....my narc mum was exactly the same, promising things all the time and then reneging with all manor of excuses. That poor girl would have been so looking forward to a trip O/s, I really want to slap Fanny's smug face. :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
renovations. Fanny is still caught up in making life like a Fairytale but she is actually just making a very shallow existence
From a home reno fluff piece. I'm guessing this was the reno done with Daddy Jarvis. It looks to be sagging from the get go. Original link: https://homeaddict.io/inspiring-before-and-after-room-transformations/17/ View attachment 1852402
Stephanie Jarvis Had an Unbelievable Grand Salon Transformation
Fans of Escape to the Chateau DIY or The Chateau Diaries will recognize the name Stephanie Jarvis. She is the owner of Chateau de Lalande in France. Buying and renovating a castle is one of the biggest projects any homeowner can tackle. When she first bought the castle, the entire home was covered in asbestos. So before she could do any renovations, that all had to be cleared out, down to the dirt and stone. Once the room was ready to build, Stephanie recycled old terra cotta tiles that she found in the castle’s attic, as well as pieces she found at thrift stores throughout France. She pieced them together to make the new floor, and created a pattern to hide the fact that they’re not all identical.
View attachment 1852403
“She” is the owner....and on and on....I made the mistake of clicking on the link to her video! So that was 3 years ago... hmmm....when the video was on YouTube. I thought her Dad passed away years ago- longer than 3 years ago? I’m confused but not enough to go back and watch that. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I myself got caught up in the idea of living in France in a Chateau, especially during the initial months of the pandemic when escapism was a big part of survival. I love to garden, cook/eat, shop for antiques and enjoy the French countryside. But I can't for the life of me fathom why Stephoney would act upon a childish impulse to live in a fairytale castle and that SO many people - friends and family - indulged her childish dream. First, Lalande is no fairytale castle beyond a few crumbling towers and a strip of moat. It's cold, damp and lacks significant outbuildings or beautiful features (no grand stair case, no paneling, no painted ceilings, etc.). Second, she doesn't love to be outside, doesn't like or want to care for farm (or any) animals, doesn't enjoy or want to learn to garden. I don't think she even likes to host large groups of people. She has zero interest in tackling any of the renovations or even basic repairs and upkeep herself, beyond the initial curtains she sewed and a few licks of paint here and there. She is soooooooooo incredibly lazy. What is so strange is there was never really a plan to make the farmhouse a business (BNB) until much later. How 3 people (and their parents) with Oxford university educations got swept up in the fantasy of a fake French fairytale with zero business plan and without deep pockets to afford massive renovations is completely beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I hope you've also connected the dots and understood why reinstating the lake was the number one priority in her chateau restoration? Why she so desperately wanted the lake back first before any restorations to the house? Well, It's too late now.
It's not just the shitoo. The chapel has also been affected by the drained lake and the ground beneath the chapel footings is literally a giant sink-hole. Fanny's continuous ditzy blonde, helpless, damsel in distress act has caused irreparable damage.

https://tattle.life/threads/the-cha...nd-no-taste-for-acounting.35838/post-13043325

Oh there are way more than 15 haters, menopausal old hags and poisonous trolls... And I love every single one of you ❤
200+ tiles have been produced by @Jules100 and there are still a few more to come...?

Keep tattling all and lets hope that 2023 is the downfall of F4F Et Al.
Given is current decrepit state, and quickly advancing deterioration, 2023 is more likely going to be the actual downfall of the shittoo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
How 3 people (and their parents) with Oxford university educations got swept up in the fantasy of a fake French fairytale with zero business plan and without deep pockets to afford massive renovations is completely beyond me.
Oh yes, the problem of highly education dumbshits that think they know everything or can just figure it out on the fly. They leave a trail of failed businesses and debt. Fanny and Co. exemplify this syndrome. Never, ever loan or get involve financially with these kind of people. They always have their heads in the clouds and take no responsibility for their failures. You don't even need to be highly educated to have this syndrome, just look at DTM and his fantasy of turning an absolute ruin into anything! Just carry on laughing (manic hysteria), loving (whoring and sleeping around), and living (scamming) the chateau way!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's not just the shitoo. The chapel has also been affected by the drained lake and the ground beneath the chapel footings is literally a giant sink-hole. Fanny's continuous ditzy blonde, helpless, damsel in distress act has caused irreparable damage.

Given is current decrepit state, and quickly advancing deterioration, 2023 is more likely going to be the actual downfall of the shittoo.
I think 2023 will be a make or break year for Chateau Lalande.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think 2023 will be a make or break year for Chateau Lalande.
I think you’re right. I don’t see how she can delay anymore when it’s been nothing but delays for two years. There’s constantly someone asking about the apartments in the comments. The pergola is obviously not finished. She only has the garden to film with nothing else being completed. She knew she was delaying the lake for two years already when she slipped with Davy talking about the fifth lake survey.

I also think she’s gone to one video a week because she doesn’t have enough lies for two episodes a week. She must be praying the heating system will be a clusterfuck so it will take longer. The shitto is going to shrivel once they turn it on. I’ll bet Anne Marie doesn’t want to start working until the place dries out either. I can’t wait to see what kind of whoppers she’s going to tell on Thursday or Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Oh yes, the problem of highly education dumbshits that think they know everything or can just figure it out on the fly. They leave a trail of failed businesses and debt. Fanny and Co. exemplify this syndrome. Never, ever loan or get involve financially with these kind of people. They always have their heads in the clouds and take no responsibility for their failures. You don't even need to be highly educated to have this syndrome, just look at DTM and his fantasy of turning an absolute ruin into anything! Just carry on laughing (manic hysteria), loving (whoring and sleeping around), and living (scamming) the chateau way!
Sadly people like her make us all take a cynical look at all the others in the Chateauverse, doing a disservice to those who are genuine in what they do. Had she not made the interior of the place look like a film set for La Cage aux Folles but kept it true to the age/style of the buiding she could also have rented it out perhaps for TV filming or photo shoots like The Beau Chateau do. Instead it's become an unkempt, unloved parody of itself.

A client of ours took over a Chateau nearby and have done a fair deal of remedial work that needed doing to bring it up to standard to run as a restaurant, which has been a success but even they are beginning to rethink whether this is for them in the long term because of the huge costs of maintaining an old building as it's a constant drip drip drip of their funds and is never ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
As of 7:57am est, Amanda’s comment is still there.
I'm going to watch all their vlogs because they are good sports.

Also, happy new year to all me lovely haters, trolls, gays, queens, St. Kathy of Lidl & Amanda & Linc!

P.s. Amanda & Linc, just subscribed to your channel and by looking at your thumnails only here is my advice: when you post a before & after video, always use the before & after pictures in your thumbnail. Photoshop the before foto to look darker and the after foto brighter. edit a blue sky to it if you can. Those video's ussually go viral because of the thumbnail.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I think you’re right. I don’t see how she can delay anymore when it’s been nothing but delays for two years. There’s constantly someone asking about the apartments in the comments. The pergola is obviously not finished. She only has the garden to film with nothing else being completed. She knew she was delaying the lake for two years already when she slipped with Davy talking about the fifth lake survey.

I also think she’s gone to one video a week because she doesn’t have enough lies for two episodes a week. She must be praying the heating system will be a clusterfuck so it will take longer. The shitto is going to shrivel once they turn it on. I’ll bet Anne Marie doesn’t want to start working until the place dries out either. I can’t wait to see what kind of whoppers she’s going to tell on Thursday or Sunday.
One other job I remembered was her pink bathroom that never got finished either.

Reactions: 17
I’m keen to see if the new heating is set at that magical low number she used to waffle on about - the BS story about why the Shiteau had to kept cold.
Hear hear! Maybe Caroline Gooder should contact The Met, Louvre and Uffizi and tell them that they're doing it all wrong. To prevent further damage the artwork should be preserved in cold and damp conditions :LOL:

The ceiling is not sagging there much she brought the structural damage on herself
And even it was sagging a bit it was safely locked inside the structure. Now when the walls have started to crumble also the beams have become loose... Oh, dear..

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.