The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hear hear! Maybe Caroline Gooder should contact The Met, Louvre and Uffizi and tell them that they're doing it all wrong. To prevent further damage the artwork should be preserved in cold and damp conditions :LOL:

And even it was sagging a bit it was safely locked inside the structure. Now when the walls have started to crumble also the beams have become insecure... Oh, dear..
Madam obviously knows better. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
From f/b Jason Aaron Dubey
We were upgraded on New Year's day to the 16th floor corner Suite at Harvey's! The blue mid-Winter tones here are so intense. With comfort read in hand, and steam shower spa bath sanctuary calling me, we decided to stay snowed in and enjoy this captivating panoramic lake view Suite for another night at no charge! Thanks Harvey's!

Another poser who gets upgrades. Where am I going wrong?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
We were upgraded on New Year's day to the 16th floor corner Suite at Harvey's! The blue mid-Winter tones here are so intense. With comfort read in hand, and steam shower spa bath sanctuary calling me, we decided to stay snowed in and enjoy this captivating panoramic lake view Suite for another night at no charge! Thanks Harvey's!

He must've told the Gen Z front desk clerk that he was Elton John.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
He must've told the Gen Z front desk clerk that he was Elton John.
he needed a break from all his tribute work on Brittany Ferries ha ha

How do you think Potts and Baghead feel about the substantial subsidence because they must know Fanny draining the lake has had huge structural ramifications. What possessed her to do this? When was the lake drained?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

How do you think Potts and Baghead feel about the substantial subsidence because they must know Fanny draining the lake has had huge structural ramifications. What possessed her to do this? When was the lake drained?
Fanny has vlogged Potts concern about various things from bridge walls , chateau cracks and other problems. I don’t think he has the funds or time to oversee issues but leaves her to deal with it. I think the boys ( Larkin and Potts) are as much in love with the ‘we own a chateau’ malarkey as Fanny. Why they don’t get organised with proper renovations seems crazy. I guess there are no real inheritors. Antoine is not Nicks son …, so they just enjoyed being in the middle of nowhere with their debauchery.Fanny says she owns the chateau and is chatelaine. She is Semi chatelaine….. her place is full of her spending but not on renovating.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

It’s all back on the past threads. Look up Clara’s posts about the lake. Essentially Baghead and Potts were on board with draining the lake and helped to actually drain the lake. As the fish were dying, Fanny went back into the Dump to take a nap.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
That bunch are grifters and hoarders...my god...how many dinnnerservices does one need... :rolleyes: not to mentions tablecloths, napkins..nativityscenes..and all the rest they hoard and grift together...untill the attic falls on their grifting heads...Wwe just use what we have..e also have more than enough stuff...you dont think i even buy more stuff?? i am not mad...we just use what we have..and when we get more..like my late aunt her stuff...we auction it off...for charity..when i watch that gagshow...i watch it with horror..i always decline gifts..or pass them on..

a few weeks ago i saw on facebook...a niece from a friend...she lost a precious piece of porcelaine..it was gifted out many years ago as a momento from a company ..it made her think of her late father who worked for that company....i thought wait a minute..we must have that porcelaine delfs blue pot also somewhere....so i asked the housekeeper if she knew where it was..... she found it in a cupboard..i send it to the woman...she was happy as a child...i was happy to have made her happy and got rid of the thing... :LOL:
The pleasure is always in the giving rather than the receiving.... please don't take this out of context....I am referring to gifting, be it physical or emotionally. 💜 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s all back on the past threads. Look up Clara’s posts about the lake. Essentially Baghead and Potts were on board with draining the lake and helped to actually drain the lake. As the fish were dying, Fanny went back into the Dump to take a nap.
She went inside to take a nap!
That would be right. 😒

• Wow
Reactions: 11
[/QUOTE]

I think Potty does see the need to address structural issues but as far as we know is only a 10% shareholder. ( I still think there’s more going on here) Baghead seems to have been happy to use the place as a holiday home without wanting to invest more time and money in it. Antoine was probably the heir apparent given Fanny’s age but the arrival of PhiPhi has endangered that and seems to have resulted in an almost total disengagement. ( Is Potty buying him out?) He is also possibly concerned about being tainted by close association with Fanny’s financial finagling.

Reactions: 13
It’s 2023, I hope we can give poor Sara a break. She’s the most down to earth person in the chateauverse. She’s suffered enough, after all, she’s married to Shrek.
I could never understand the reason behind the criticismn towards her...Granted she may not be everyone's cup of tea and she has her own indiidual style but to me she seems pretty likeable and normal. She obviously finds something endearing in her hubby but she has to live with him and thats her choice.

Sometimes, to get the housework done, I pretend I'm the housekeeper and on a time constraint :)
My SIL used to spray furniture polish into the air and wipe everything down with a damp cloth usually before her husband came home from work... 🙈 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think Potty does see the need to address structural issues but as far as we know is only a 10% shareholder. ( I still think there’s more going on here) Baghead seems to have been happy to use the place as a holiday home without wanting to invest more time and money in it. Antoine was probably the heir apparent given Fanny’s age but the arrival of PhiPhi has endangered that and seems to have resulted in an almost total disengagement. ( Is Potty buying him out?) He is also possibly concerned about being tainted by close association with Fanny’s financial finagling.
[/QUOTE]
Nick Larkin is a beneficiary of the Grift, as is Potts. It will be argued - when this all goes to tax court, criminal court or civil court - that he is complicit. I don't care how many bags he chooses to wear on his head he can't escape what's coming.
I have a feeling that one Brenda Gooder better lawyer up as she is just as complicit.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly, I don't get this European obsession with "Class" and nobility and monarchy and all the social climbing to try and look more upper class?! Who the duck cares?
You can't buy a family history and certainly can't change your upbringing. Why is it not enough to be classy, without trying to be someone you're not? Changing the accents, and trying hard to be noticed by the "blue bloods" and praising some inbred family just because their great x20 grandfather won some battle and named himself king!

Having money doesn't buy you class, changing your accent doesn't make you classy, and social climbing and trying to mingle with the upper class circles doesn't do it either!
But I guess having other people fund your way of living is as close as these people will get to being a blue blood! 😂
Well, the European obsession with class is like the American obsession with color. It's a way to divide people. Does a lot of harm either way.,

same here...my sisters daughters have boys..they all fight for those houses, also a few palaces..one of the three , he is 6 , is really interested in old things..porcelaine animals etc...i gifted him a few pieces from my late aunt he wanted..he even wanted an antique clock..which after a few days my niece hide the key.from....because she got mad from the bellchimes from that clock:LOL: it played big bens tune very quarter... but still i hope i live long enough so he maybe wants to take over the estate...we will see ..i dont hope he ends up at lalande...:rolleyes:
I just realized. You avatar is my celebrity crush. But I must admit, he looks better now. Age like fine wine. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

.......and he's another tosser I'd like to smack in the mouth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
In a British Newspaper.
She pays…. 4 staff. I think her employee count is flexible.
Would love to know Squirrels salary. How are his trips , accommodation etc worked out.
His brief volunteering period paid off.

Another portrait of Fanny by Daddy. ? Disdainful about something.

Attachments

So they are as much to blame as her. What gets me though is that as a person who speaks French, why if she was not sure about the lake didn't she go and speak with the Mairie, it's not as if she'd struggle with the language. No, she's quite capable of blabbering on in French talking a load of bollocks to that bunch in Paris and accepting her 'title' in Bordeaux.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So they are as much to blame as her. What gets me though is that as a person who speaks French, why if she was not sure about the lake didn't she go and speak with the Mairie, it's not as if she'd struggle with the language. No, she's quite capable of blabbering on in French talking a load of bollocks to that bunch in Paris and accepting her 'title' in Bordeaux.
I'm sure she did. As did Isabelle. She's lying that she didn't speak to the Mairie. It's just that they didn't want to put one dime towards bringing the lake up to code or start time consuming application processes for grants. To avoid the fine they just pulled the plug🤷‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I'm sure she did. As did Isabelle. She's lying that she didn't speak to the Mairie. It's just that they didn't want to put one dime towards bringing the lake up to code or start time consuming application processes for grants. To avoid the fine they just pulled the plug🤷‍♀️
God, she's an odious trollop. In fact the whole lot of them Potts (wanker), Baghead (tosser) and her, are not deserving of one grain of sympathy with regards that place. I really hope they all get taken to task in the ned.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
God, she's an odious trollop. In fact the whole lot of them Potts (wanker), Baghead (tosser) and her, are not deserving of one grain of sympathy with regards that place. I really hope they all get taken to task in the ned.
Great idea for a name for their association - Wanker, Tosser, Trollop & Son! Failing that, 🧵 nomination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
In a British Newspaper.
She pays…. 4 staff. I think her employee count is flexible.
Would love to know Squirrels salary. How are his trips , accommodation etc worked out.
His brief volunteering period paid off.

Another portrait of Fanny by Daddy. ? Disdainful about something.
I would guess that none of her so called staff are employed with what the French call a CDI. contract. At best a seasonal CDD and they play the chômage game out of season. Which is why none of them complain. They’re in it together. Even the association must pay employee contributions as any other business. You can guarantee she would keep those to a minimum. My guess, is SMIC which is the French minimum wage. About €1300 net , € 1800 gross a month. And a cost of €2400 all in for the employer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.