The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm...not to rain on Heathcliffe's parade but he got 59 likes on his VIP announcement post, which by the way, was very well done. Now, I haven't seen or heard from 59 different Tattlers on here, have you? Time to come clean Heathcliffe, you've been buying subscribers haven't you? Are there really that many members that are just lurkers? It's okay, but I was surprised.
Attachments

Reactions:You, Ginginger, Angelina219 and 59 others
Quite right! There are only 15 of us, excluding three trolls. 😘 🍸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've said it before and I'll say it again....Phillip is in it for the long haul, what else does he have in his life? He has no job or property to go back to...he's entrenched in the grifting and I'm sure now knows a more than a few secrets.
To be very honest with all 15 of you, plus you 3 hags....In my life I've witnessed 1st hand the scenario Phillip & Stephanie are playing out, only it involved my dad and his gf's/flavors of the season. It always ended in drama and lashing out.
Im no fan of Phillip but in a weird way I'm team Phillip😉

Reactions: 16
Aw . . . he's so cute.
Isn’t he! He’s a very affectionate little fella too! My favorite part of the day is in the morning when we first see each other. He doesn’t sleep with me because my bed is too tall. He acts like I’ve been gone a million years and has to kiss me all over my face and hug me. They are the sweetest most affectionate beautiful little dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A good story* not lie
Here is filthy Fanny.Her first trip to SA on vlog. They are lording it up… and she is coveting the Ardmore piece.
She thinks she is buying class. She is, it is second class!

Going back to the money. Derek did not leave a will.
He obviously gave Fanny enough to buy her London flat with Larkin, and the chateau also with Larkin. Maybe answering myself…. When they sold the nursing home money was divided at that time. It does not seem to correlate with when Gerry set up his taxi firm although Derek may… have helped.

Was there a deal that Larkin can use the beach house or does he have shares in this too….?
I do not believe Derek had a pension or investments.
Mummy will most likely have a pension from working in the health service in the UK tho.
Fanny has never worked and is not entitled to any state help. Her income was….. from the air bnb on the London flat.

There is so much of this ‘ story of lies ‘ that continues not to add up.

My view is that the old van Amoury arrived in is now in use by his parents. why? Or did they buy it to help him? He and Natty have a white Mazda?hatchback.
The purchase of Matts red van was to replace the loss of Amourys useful van?

I must stop I am thinking too much🤣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A game of spot the difference, how many new dirty stains and marks can you find in photo 2?
Skanky cow, how old are these filthy, manky, worn out sofas? 🤢 I bet they absolutely stink. Meanwhile her vast plate collection for 500+ takes up an entire room 😆
View attachment 1852119View attachment 1852120
I like picture 1 much better than 2. It’s actually more like how the farmhouse should be decorated…casual and comfortable. Place looks like a dump.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
istockphoto-182494390-612x612.jpeg

Belated Congratulations to @Heathcliffe for making VIP status (officially)!!!!

Hope you are enjoying your Christmas gift of lots of time surfing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Over at Minor and Faker, Shrek and the Sewer are finally starting to redecorate. They have removed old granny wallpaper in order to put up some new old granny wallpaper. Of course, the Sewer is contemplating how to make the old drab drapes into her 2023 wardrobe. She better save some for Shrek who will surely need new pants to accommodate his ever expanding waist thanks to his indulged French pastry addiction.

3E3CC530-1298-4D16-81DB-B3F07D20F4AE.png

0A75C6B4-3E6F-4CA1-A41F-E52592831FAE.png

On a positive note, Shrek’s wannabe art is not being made into wallpaper for the dining room comme Daddy’s! Probably saving that for a washroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Over at Minor and Faker, Shrek and the Sewer are finally starting to redecorate. They have removed old granny wallpaper in order to put up some new old granny wallpaper. Of course, the Sewer is contemplating how to make the old drab drapes into her 2023 wardrobe. She better save some for Shrek who will surely need new pants to accommodate his ever expanding waist thanks to his indulged French pastry addiction.

View attachment 1852292

View attachment 1852294

On a positive note, Shrek’s wannabe art is not being made into wallpaper for the dining room comme Daddy’s! Probably saving that for a washroom.
It’s 2023, I hope we can give poor Sara a break. She’s the most down to earth person in the chateauverse. She’s suffered enough, after all, she’s married to Shrek.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Amanda's answer to @Jules100 comment underneath their Our French Chateau flog, the one where she admits to read here at Tattle, has now been deleted. Perhaps charlatan Stephanie Jarvis reached out to them to make them walk in line again?
God I hope not. I love Amanda! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Honestly, I don't get this European obsession with "Class" and nobility and monarchy and all the social climbing to try and look more upper class?! Who the duck cares?
You can't buy a family history and certainly can't change your upbringing. Why is it not enough to be classy, without trying to be someone you're not? Changing the accents, and trying hard to be noticed by the "blue bloods" and praising some inbred family just because their great x20 grandfather won some battle and named himself king!

Having money doesn't buy you class, changing your accent doesn't make you classy, and social climbing and trying to mingle with the upper class circles doesn't do it either!
But I guess having other people fund your way of living is as close as these people will get to being a blue blood! 😂
I've always wondered that too.
My dad was from Birmingham and the son of a policeman, who was also the son of a policeman - amongst their 'crowd' they had status but not really in the bigger picture. My mum was from Buckinghamshire and whilst her family owned most of the village, including a large manor house (not quite stately home) - the great uncles just sold off land when they needed money, so my grandmother grew up in the manor house and had servants, but she only inherited a couple of houses after marrying a teacher (her sister got a few houses too, but also an allowance because she married a doctor). My grandparents sold one house and lived in the other - it was on the Thames.
My mother was treated as different when she was at school because she has a supposedly 'posh' accent but she grew up in school houses with a mad mother who didn't know how to do housekeeping or cooking - with animals everywhere. (her mother did eventually lose the plot emotionally).
Then me and my siblings have grown up all over the world - always had very average to small houses, at times quite cash poor but we are all experience rich, over educated and well spoken. Having been a kiwi from the age of 12, we believe in equality and don't really entertain a class system.
You can imagine my confusion..................
I have learned that in Britain the mad scramble is to get your kid into private (NZ) public (UK) schools but it's not because the state schools are rubbish it is purely so your kid mixes with wealthy and influential families. There seems to be a thing that you can't do well in life unless you social climb. We don't have that in NZ.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So is SJ some kind of chateau mafioso? I mean I know she 'thinks' she is important but in the scheme of things she's just a wanna be posh princess, scamming grannies out of their pension money and publicising it on social media.
Unless she's running some kind of silencing racket we are unaware of, then anyone who bows to 'pressure' from that daft cow must be as dim in the head as she is.
We don’t call her Don Jarvis for nothing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s 2023, I hope we can give poor Sara a break. She’s the most down to earth person in the chateauverse. She’s suffered enough, after all, she’s married to Shrek.
I don't have a problem with Sara. I was a little hard on her in the past, but she is willing to try and doesn't put on airs. I gotta give her credit for some of the dresses she has made and worn in public, I wouldn't be so brave. I'm a self-proclaimed snob when it comes to clothing especially for myself. Hey, it's how I made a living for 20 some years, it's in my blood! You wouldn't expect an architect to live in a shack would you?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not sure why, but it still blows my mind that people like SJ exist - imagine how successful AND happy she could be if she knew how to have personal insight and listened to others.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh please, producers of 60 Minutes Australia READ HERE.
Is there a 60 Minutes like program in France? Does anyone know?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
From a home reno fluff piece. I'm guessing this was the reno done with Daddy Jarvis. It looks to be sagging from the get go. Original link: https://homeaddict.io/inspiring-before-and-after-room-transformations/17/
1672786446514.png

Stephanie Jarvis Had an Unbelievable Grand Salon Transformation
Fans of Escape to the Chateau DIY or The Chateau Diaries will recognize the name Stephanie Jarvis. She is the owner of Chateau de Lalande in France. Buying and renovating a castle is one of the biggest projects any homeowner can tackle. When she first bought the castle, the entire home was covered in asbestos. So before she could do any renovations, that all had to be cleared out, down to the dirt and stone. Once the room was ready to build, Stephanie recycled old terra cotta tiles that she found in the castle’s attic, as well as pieces she found at thrift stores throughout France. She pieced them together to make the new floor, and created a pattern to hide the fact that they’re not all identical.
1672786487171.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
From a home reno fluff piece. I'm guessing this was the reno done with Daddy Jarvis. It looks to be sagging from the get go. Original link: https://homeaddict.io/inspiring-before-and-after-room-transformations/17/ View attachment 1852402
Stephanie Jarvis Had an Unbelievable Grand Salon Transformation
Fans of Escape to the Chateau DIY or The Chateau Diaries will recognize the name Stephanie Jarvis. She is the owner of Chateau de Lalande in France. Buying and renovating a castle is one of the biggest projects any homeowner can tackle. When she first bought the castle, the entire home was covered in asbestos. So before she could do any renovations, that all had to be cleared out, down to the dirt and stone. Once the room was ready to build, Stephanie recycled old terra cotta tiles that she found in the castle’s attic, as well as pieces she found at thrift stores throughout France. She pieced them together to make the new floor, and created a pattern to hide the fact that they’re not all identical.
View attachment 1852403
Wait a minute, if Stephanie Jarvis moved into the Chateau de Lalande in 2005, then had the grande salon tore down to dirt floors and stone walls, why does Steph’s “restored” end product look like 1985?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.