The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm...not to rain on Heathcliffe's parade but he got 59 likes on his VIP announcement post, which by the way, was very well done. Now, I haven't seen or heard from 59 different Tattlers on here, have you? Time to come clean Heathcliffe, you've been buying subscribers haven't you? Are there really that many members that are just lurkers? It's okay, but I was surprised.
Attachments

Reactions:You, Ginginger, Angelina219 and 59 others

This is for @Heathcliff

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Honestly, I don't get this European obsession with "Class" and nobility and monarchy and all the social climbing to try and look more upper class?! Who the duck cares?
You can't buy a family history and certainly can't change your upbringing. Why is it not enough to be classy, without trying to be someone you're not? Changing the accents, and trying hard to be noticed by the "blue bloods" and praising some inbred family just because their great x20 grandfather won some battle and named himself king!

Having money doesn't buy you class, changing your accent doesn't make you classy, and social climbing and trying to mingle with the upper class circles doesn't do it either!
But I guess having other people fund your way of living is as close as these people will get to being a blue blood! 😂
Written in 1981, Class by Jilly Cooper.
It is oh so accurate, funny and still very relevant to today's society.

'CLASS IS DEAD!
Or so everyone claims. Who better to refute this than Jilly Cooper!
Describing herself as 'upper middle class', Jilly claims that snobbery is very much alive and thriving! Meet her hilarious characters! People like Harry Stow-Crat, Mr and Mrs Nouveau-Richards, Samantha and Gideon Upward, and Jen Teale and her husband Brian. Roar with laughter at her horribly unfair observations on their everyday pretensions - their sexual courtships, choice of furnishings, clothes, education, food, careers and ambitions...
For they will all remind you of people that you know!'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Written in 1981, Class by Jilly Cooper.
It is oh so accurate, funny and still very relevant to today's society.

'CLASS IS DEAD!
Or so everyone claims. Who better to refute this than Jilly Cooper!
Describing herself as 'upper middle class', Jilly claims that snobbery is very much alive and thriving! Meet her hilarious characters! People like Harry Stow-Crat, Mr and Mrs Nouveau-Richards, Samantha and Gideon Upward, and Jen Teale and her husband Brian. Roar with laughter at her horribly unfair observations on their everyday pretensions - their sexual courtships, choice of furnishings, clothes, education, food, careers and ambitions...
For they will all remind you of people that you know!'
we dont have that classystem her in The Netherlands...i am glad to say...its there in a way...but not like in the UK..

Reactions: 14
He thinks he will be a “ kept man” by F4F, and with her having no children , hopes to marry her and become heir to her apartment, 50% of the Dump, and Isabelle’s real estate holdings. In this case, the hunter ( F4F) has ironically become the hunted ( by aimless loser PhiPhi).
He’s too gross for anyone else to support him- gay/or straight. Only a person with zero self esteem would enable a loser like him

Reactions: 16
a niece from a friend...she lost a precious piece of porcelaine..it was gifted out many years ago as a momento from a company ..it made her think of her late father who worked for that company....i thought wait a minute..we must have that porcelaine delfs blue pot also somewhere....so i asked the housekeeper if she knew where it was..... she found it in a cupboard..i send it to the woman...she was happy as a child...i was happy to have made her happy and got rid of the thing... :LOL:
It seems our very own @Le Comte de Monte Cristo has been has been sucked into Stephanie’s gift grab scam. There is no hope.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
An older vlog popped up and I took the bait and watched a bit, in it she received a book and started reading some of it. She really does love to read out loud. She then asked if people were interested she would make a separate vlog and read the entire book. So I was thinking she could read to the kids at the library ( but she doesn't like kids) or she could read for Audio books ( but she doesn't like to work ) and would not be hired as she has a very strange speaking voice with over pronounced words and phrases . Never mind carry on
And the terrible confession is that I sent that book. One of the first idiots to send her a gift. I’m furious with myself and have seen it in the falling down mismatched bird wallpaper bookshelf.
It was a very special book written by a 9 year old.
Ironically it was the age Fanny stopped growing up so she relates very well to it.

I remember Fanny stating in one of the early vlogs that she envisioned the chateau as being a kind of commune or salon for artists and intellectuals from all over the world. Dream on, you're no Gertrude Stein. I'm sure she considers Ollie the Painter, Potts the Photographer, Ruthie the Writer, and other vagabonds and wannabes, including herself and now Phyllis, as filling in for the real deal.
Exactly…. The Bloomsbury set🤣.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh my giddy aunt! You’ve just hit on a progression that hadn’t occurred to me until now. I’ve no idea why I didn’t follow this along to it’s logical root cause. Even cheaply installed radiator systems don’t just suddenly experience almost total system-wide leaking out of nowhere. Yet if we’re to believe the vlog where cuz runs around removing the units and draining the system while feverishly trying to repair it, the problems seemed to begin in the oldest part of the shat-oh, spreading from there. What else has begun in that section and spread? What else would cause hard infrastructure to fail and that failure to spread? Failure on a scale so large it can only be based in structural shifting of the entire main body of the farmhouse. Not just the oldest part, but everything within reach of the étang’s shoreline. How many years ago did she panic and drain her fishpond? (A decision you took Fanny, not out of fear of prosecution but fear for your bank accounts, you lying cow) It’s taken that long for the subsidence to reach the building and spread through it to the entrance court. The heating system failure is merely a symptom of an extremely dangerous health and safety issue that now threatens anyone on the property, not just in the building. If she actually goes through with a new building wide heating system this will now accelerate the collapse as it will dry out the wet walls causing further shifting, shrinkage and shattering the walks further! Golly I hope someone with les autorités françaises reads here. As Clara likes to remind Fanny the Jarvis monster, tick tock!
Funny enough I came across these recently while poking around on social media, both taken in 2013. They are a very visual reminder of how close the lake (pond) was to the now crumbling part. I can’t believe she was so stupid as to pull the plug without giving any consideration to the impact it would have?! If it wasn’t Fanny it’d be too farcical to be believable, no wonder she’s lying about the circumstances. As with all of her self centred penny pinching decisions, it monumentally backfired. I’m keen to see if the new heating is set at that magical low number she used to waffle on about - the BS story about why the Shiteau had to kept cold.
FDF11F69-BDD1-41A4-B6F2-F7F36FA478B6.jpeg
4B9076BD-2F21-4DE1-B93C-BBC1488C380A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
It seems our very own @Le Comte de Monte Cristo has been has been sucked into Stephanie’s gift grab scam. There is no hope.
well.... :LOL: i didnt realize that untill you mentioned it..:ROFLMAO:.but it was different...the woman asked what the prize was....:eek: i said to her ..what...your father brought that piece to our house as a gift...i think like 40 years ago......as a matter of fact i could remember that..i have a memory like a elephant...sometimes.......because our company did business with the company he worked for...are you mad?? offcourse you get it for free..:rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
And the terrible confession is that I sent that book. One of the first idiots to send her a gift. I’m furious with myself and have seen it in the falling down mismatched bird wallpaper bookshelf.
It was a very special book written by a 9 year old.
Ironically it was the age Fanny stopped growing up so she relates very well to it.

Exactly…. The Bloomsbury set🤣.
Please don't be hard on yourself for sending the book. We all got snookered at one time or the other. We have redeemed ourselves by being here, supporting each other and keeping each other from falling off the wagon again. 🤣 I did read a comment about Le Comte slipping by actually watching a gift grab. Get right back on the wagon dear sir! We are here for you. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Please don’t insult the adorableness of the King Charles Cavalier Spaniels with the comparison. There is nothing adorable, cute or attractive about Uriah Heap! To paraphrase a favorite Monty Python skit, I don’t like him, he wets his nest!
Yeah! This is my little nugget Charlie! I’d rather make out with him over PhiPhi any day of the week.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Does anyone know if the Master Carpenter has a car? I seem to remember that he arrived in a rented van or was I hallucinating?🤔

Imagine being stuck there with no transport!

I do!! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂😂 My nephew loves them and that’s the only reason I won’t get rid of them 🤣
same here...my sisters daughters have boys..they all fight for those houses, also a few palaces..one of the three , he is 6 , is really interested in old things..porcelaine animals etc...i gifted him a few pieces from my late aunt he wanted..he even wanted an antique clock..which after a few days my niece hide the key.from....because she got mad from the bellchimes from that clock:LOL: it played big bens tune very quarter... but still i hope i live long enough so he maybe wants to take over the estate...we will see ..i dont hope he ends up at lalande...:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
we dont have that classystem her in The Netherlands...i am glad to say...its there in a way...but not like in the UK..
By and large most Australians would say Australia is a classless society.
However, Australia does have a social class system that categorizes people according to their income level and occupation.
The classes are very fluid in nature.

Reactions: 15
By and large most Australians would say Australia is a classless society.
However, Australia does have a social class system that categorizes people according to their income level and occupation.
The classes are very fluid in nature.
Americans have billionaires, millionaires and the rest of us. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Uhm... Do you have any (unwanted) KLM Miniature Houses lying around?
I collect those too! I have doubles to swap … hum, but then you’d know who I really am 🕵️‍♀️ 😁

Honestly, I don't get this European obsession with "Class" and nobility and monarchy.
*praising some inbred family just because their great x20 grandfather won some battle and named himself king!*
THIS!! ❤ Such a breath of fresh air.
*Sounds like you’re familiar with Blenheim Palace, you’ve paraphrased them perfectly 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Funny enough I came across these recently while poking around on social media, both taken in 2013. They are a very visual reminder of how close the lake (pond) was to the now crumbling part. I can’t believe she was so stupid as to pull the plug without giving any consideration to the impact it would have?! If it wasn’t Fanny it’d be too farcical to be believable, no wonder she’s lying about the circumstances. As with all of her self centred penny pinching decisions, it monumentally backfired. I’m keen to see if the new heating is set at that magical low number she used to waffle on about - the BS story about why the Shiteau had to kept cold.
View attachment 1851977View attachment 1851980
The ceiling is not sagging there much she brought the structural damage on herself

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.