The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a show on TLC / Discovery+ called My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. It was on for 6 seasons.
78726BAF-7770-4E64-B000-29A675CE6388.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Back to the Travellers again! I remember seeing them portrayed in an episode of Midsomer Murders. I also saw that Peaky Blinders is based on travellers. I couldn't watch that series as it is too violent for my taste. I have heard that the traveller menfolk often solve their problems through violence. I also watched a BBC series about traveller young women being trained to make gypsy style wedding gowns, that was interesting! Tough society to grow up in for both males and females.
Wouldn't be my choice that's for sure. Absolutely loved Peaky Blinders, brilliant series.

The first 2 minutes of this show one of the ways the Irish travelling community chose a wife. 😟

It starts at the end of the 2 minutes so you need to go back to the beginning
Grabbing, I'd punch their lights out!

There was a show on TLC / Discovery+ called My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. It was on for 6 seasons.
View attachment 1866283
The dresses are just................awful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
American here, can someone please explain what nationality "travellers" are or come from? Are they Romany gypsies? I know we have a gypsy culture here in the states, mostly in New Jersey. The families that run the amusements at county fairs all over the states come from Romany gypsies that have lived here for generations. They all travel in trailers from fair to fair. They keep to themselves and seem to have their own culture.
look for ;My big fat gypsy wedding; on YouTube and you'll get the idea.

Reactions: 8
The first 2 minutes of this show one of the ways the Irish travelling community chose a wife. 😟

Well now! There ya go! It's probably all downhill after the wedding.

look for ;My big fat gypsy wedding; on YouTube and you'll get the idea.
I've seen it. Bizarre! I'm team Audrey Hepburn. 🤣

Reactions: 9
Most live on static sites these days in the UK and then procede to make a bloody mess of it. Some do move into houses but still can't quite settle in them. I use to work for the Jobcentre back in the day in the UK and they were a pain in the backside. No one wanted to deal with them because they'd always play up in the office when they'd come to sign on for their benefit cheque. I use to draw the short straw but if you stand your ground you're fine. Here in France they seem to be better organised, they do travel about more throughout the year for work. They have to have a permit to use the designated traveller site and have to get the keys from the Mairie if it's not in use and they look after them as if they don't they won't get access to them again. I think the cultures these days have become more mixed
I think that they tried to settle the travelers/gypsies in Bulgaria to no success at all. I remember watching a video where the gypsies were bringing horses into their apartments. My Bulgarian and Polish friends are very anti travelers/gypsies.
A friend of mine had a block of flats and some Romanian travelers rented a flat. Their friends stole a washing machine that was still in the middle of a wash cycle. It was one of the funniest CCTV clips I've seen. You could see the trail of soapy water all out the front door. I think that they have a different outlook on rules and society.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Well now! There ya go! It's probably all downhill after the wedding.
Being curious I just looked up the couple. Goodness he is a nasty piece of work.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Quick update on the Crime Family Complaint.
as promised earlier I compile and wrote a complaint which after it had been approved by a friend is now ready for sending to the SFO (Serious Fraud Office) This has been copied to HMRC (Tax) and Action Fraud which deals with Cyber Crime. All these can be accessed online and anyone can make a complaint. I urge tattlers to take the time and do it. Likewise, those in Europe might do the same. In view of the fact that there are Patrons in the USA this is relevant as a Cyber Crime in USA as well.
I have focused on the Patreon account and the sleight of hand that the Crime Family pulled off there. This surreptitious removal of rights is the lynchpin that pulls the Jarvis fraud together and from which a multitude of uncomfortable questions will spring. It is there in black and white. It can't disappear. let's see what happens and good luck to us all.
Now back to the gypsies ha ah ha

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Will there be a CD release today or not?
If there won't be, poor all the rest of the chateauverse who post on Sundays because we'll be bored. Let them thank SJ for our detailed review and critiques.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

No offense, but I have to correct a little clumsiness in expression:
Russian Christmas is not celebrated these days, but Orthodox Christmas.
The Orthodox Church is organized differently and Ukraine has its own Orthodox Church.
It would be a bit strange if Ukrainians celebrate Russian Christmas.
I date a Ukrainian. Not sure how many other Ukrainians celebrate the holidays this way - His family is atheist, and he said he grew up in Ukraine celebrating "Christmas" on New Years, due to Communism. They decorated their home with the tree and christmas decor for New Years completely ignoring Dec 25 and Jan 7 Christmas celebrations. Who knows. I'm still learning myself LOL.

• Wow
I saw that too. It did sound interesting. I do think having to listen to Julie Montagu say “literally” over and over again in that affected way would literally drive me crazy.

Here’s the link to their tour website.
I actually made a comment on her vlog once about the use of "literally" I told her we made it into a drinking game and had a shot every time she said it and we have never made it through an entire vlog sober. We don't really do that but I thought it was funny and maybe she would catch herself...but sadly no I can't watch her because of it Literally can't watch

• Haha
Wouldn't be my choice that's for sure. Absolutely loved Peaky Blinders, brilliant series.

Grabbing, I'd punch their lights out!

The dresses are just................awful.
I think my guidance would be how he treats my dog not his mother... he'd have been right in that water after the dog.. moron.

I saw that too. It did sound interesting. I do think having to listen to Julie Montagu say “literally” over and over again in that affected way would literally drive me crazy.

Here’s the link to their tour website.
Nicki Positano arranged a visit whilst they were in England, Nicki even managed a cold water dip in their 'pond' a little dangerous if you ask me but she got out more quickly than she went in. I bobbed into the little Italian house vlog Julie bought and was shocked to see she has a patreon account... She owns or co owns an English Mansion and wants patreon to fund her doer upper in Tuscany.... she even has an interior designer with her so hardly skint.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
on another note---- Make Do and Grow redoing an old stone house in Portugal. They did a year in review- funny people had workers getting stuff done right- all the foundations, damp, electrics and plumbing living in a tent predict this is a 10 year project. very realistic people, doing gardens and preserving foods and working out water conservation. so refreshing and no Patreon. He (Guy) has this way of talking and standing sideways in the video that is a bit odd but I think thats just the way he talks comes across a bit pompous but is not from what I have seen
Yep, they disappeared off the radar for a bit. They're not afraid of hard work, and are determined to get the infrastructure right, before they do the twiddly bits. Anyone that's spent 2 winters in a tent, with a make shift kitchen and shower has my full admiration.

• Heart
Speaking of the pug owners. I had a shower thought.
Do you think that Andrew didn't go to Disneyland back then, because he's too big for the rides?

a show on TLC
Also, that reminds me, 1000-LB Best Friends is starting again...

• Haha
  • Wow
well YT surprised me me to watch those big fat gypsy weddings :eek: no way Jose...btw i wondered where that Cheyenne her engagementring came from..:rolleyes:.

i guess it will be a netflixnight...i dont watch Ashlay and Teresa...also not fond of another vlog about those flowergrifters..and their expensive gate..maybe Carol and the skinny runner...although if they need Teresa to furnish their house....maybe better not...

we will see..;)

• Haha
Wasn’t there a rumor the Pethericks are Travelers that got attached to Gwen, hit the jackpot, and settled down at Begmania? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
I actually made a comment on her vlog once about the use of "literally" I told her we made it into a drinking game and had a shot every time she said it and we have never made it through an entire vlog sober. We don't really do that but I thought it was funny and maybe she would catch herself...but sadly no I can't watch her because of it Literally can't watch
It’s funny/odd, but I have asked myself on multiple occasions if the abuse of “literally” is something endemic to Americans, or the English speaking world as a whole? I don’t use it all that much when writing, but find it cropping up far too often in my speech! Which I find quite frustrating…”literally”!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11

This 'grabbing' thing many times results in rape.
The aggression and crime towards women is not often discussed - they keep it within the community - but girls are supposed to stay virgins until marriage and not go out partying or even drink alcohol, but boys can do anything they want.
Women are to stay at home, cook and clean the trailer home and have babies.
You're considered an old bride if you marry after age 20. Noone is encouraged to go to school past 12, let alone tertiary - I have a friend who taught in a Traveller area, it was always a struggle to find out where the kids were when they were supposed to be in school.
Most of the 'businesses' they run do not pay taxes.
True Romany Gypsies in the UK don't like to be lumped in with Travellers.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.