The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's because royals have a tradition of joining military where it was common practice to do it because of hygienic reasons anyway. Helped also a bit with a lot of really awful stds.
I’m American and very aware of the common reasons for it. Until just a few years ago it was common practice here to automatically circumcise male infants. My point was that’s the sort of subject matter best left out of a royal’s biography. Unless that’s the audience the Meg is going for. I’m sure his grandmother would’ve been so proud. 😳

Reactions: 20
We all have our places sometimes look like this. It's a home not a museum. I just returned from skiing and had immediatly two birthdays to attend so my luggage is mostly unpacked, laundry not done and suitcases still in the hall. It's a mess. And yet I am reading here instead doing it because I just don't care. Tmr again another birthday meaning I might do one load or maybe not. Probably will because then my IRobot can at least do its job😂Only difference is we wouldn't post it in world wide Web.

And yes, I said skiing...
I am incredibly jealous right now- I miss skiing and snowboarding so much! One of my friends spent the entire Christmas holiday skiing in the alps- I gifted her one of my snow jackets and a set of snow pants (North Face, new with tags- they are of no use to me in Florida!), and she was pretty chuffed as it was her first time skiing and had planned on purchasing a jacket and pants when she arrived. (I kitted her out with gloves, hats, scarves and fleece jumpers as well, and loaned her my goggles.) She had the BEST holiday! I hope you had a great time on the slopes!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I am incredibly jealous right now- I miss skiing and snowboarding so much! One of my friends spent the entire Christmas holiday skiing in the alps- I gifted her one of my snow jackets and a set of snow pants (North Face, new with tags- they are of no use to me in Florida!), and she was pretty chuffed as it was her first time skiing and had planned on purchasing a jacket and pants when she arrived. (I kitted her out with gloves, hats, scarves and fleece jumpers as well, and loaned her my goggles.) She had the BEST holiday! I hope you had a great time on the slopes!
How generous of you! We had sunny beautiful days with amazing views so really crowded. I was so scared to book because of my foot because sometimes I still have problems to even walk stairs. But then I pulled a Stephanie and didn't think of the consequences and went for it (should have saved up the money for retirement instead 🙄) But I fear in 10 years it will be only possible to go on the glacier. For those who like to check out reflections...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
In my family we call that the “guncle”…gay+uncle. It’s what my nephew has called me since he was about six years old.🤓

Given Mick’s age I shouldn’t think they were MPK’s paternal grands although anything’s possible.🤪 notice how much Sadie looks like the grandmother!

Again, enough in common to make me wonder if we’re related! In addition to their careers my folks had a dairy so I learned how to handle cattle early, and though not as fast as I used to be, can still milk by hand (minds out of the gutter fellas). We also raised most of our food be it animal, vegetable or mineral. I’ve chopped cotton, planted cane and harvested hay. I still carry, but no longer use, my pilot’s license for the crop duster. My first social security deduction was at the age of nine. You could work for a family business without falling afoul of the child labor laws then. Might still can for all I know. As a member of 4-H I’ve also competed in many farming and ranching competitions. If necessary I can dig a latrine and build a cabin without power tools. Can’t really see ol’ Turkey Teef Dan or Anne-Marie Curly-Locks being able to do any of that without an ocean of man tears. Especially Dan.
What a guy!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m American and very aware of the common reasons for it. Until just a few years ago it was common practice here to automatically circumcise male infants. My point was that’s the sort of subject matter best left out of a royal’s biography. Unless that’s the audience the Meg is going for. I’m sure his grandmother would’ve been so proud. 😳
Until you have held and comforted a baby boy being circumcised you have no idea the trauma associated. And yes, it is best left out of a biography.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I really enjoyed Selmar and Tat's interview of Bill and Vivienne. I never knew who they were until now. Bill being an engineer and having an engineering mind was key to their successful renovation along with Vivienne's vision and discipline to put the structural issues first and foremost. These are the type of people that deserve to own a chateau. I can see why they would like to have Selmar live there and help take care of the place. Kudos to all of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m thinking about starting a channel called Wanna Hear Me witch?
Basically it would just be me bitching about a random topic every day. I already have a couple episode ideas.

Ep 1. My dog is an Attention bleep.

Ep 2. My Neck Hurts.

Ep. 3 Words that Idiots Pronounce Incorrectly ALL THE TIME!

Ep 4. Why Can’t I Make it Home Before the Tacos Get Soggy!

Ep. 5 Where is My Phone! I haven’t moved in Six Hours!

Ep. 6 CASTLES SUCK!

Ep. 366 How I bitched about 365 different things this year Time-Lapse!

I think I can milk this for literally years. I’ll set up a Patreon and for your monthly contribution I will witch about whatever you want once a week. I’ll maybe even start another channel where I travel to new locations and witch about them. I already have the channel name. The witch on Tour

Ep 1. The Empire State Building Sucks its too tall.

Ep 2. Would You Buy this Mansion? Are You bleeping Crazy?

Ep. 3 Euro Disney is Hell on Earth!

Ep 4 Michelin Starts are Bullshit!

I also think I can take weeks off at a time by pre-filming. I won’t lie about it though. When I’m back to near real time, I’ll let everyone know with an episode titled: No Really, The witch is Back!
365 days of bitching in only 15 minutes!
bitching in my abandoned Chateau ruin!
how I made a living from bitching on YOUTUBE
BIG bitchy channel announcement!
look at the witch I found hiding in my abandoned chateau ruin basement!
help my discover ancient abandoned chateau ruins to witch about!
Revealing my bitchy new boyfriend, are we engaged?
Mummy’s a witch, Surprise!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Until you have held and comforted a baby boy being circumcised you have no idea the trauma associated. And yes, it is best left out of a biography.
When they do it for the Jewish ceremony, do they not sedate the baby boy?
The whole thing seems a loony - taking off some penis skin - madness.
(and it feels so lovely and velvety to touch)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When they do it for the Jewish ceremony, do they not sedate the baby boy?
The whole thing seems a loony - taking off some penis skin - madness.
(and it feels so lovely and velvety to touch)
Don't know about the Jewish ceremony but the procedure I am familiar with uses a local anaesthetic and a clamp. It is not just the actual procedure, it is the after care which can be disturbing. Babies urinate regularly, urine stings on a cut, babies wear nappies with urine on them- it is painful. We used to cover the cribs with plastic sheets and lots of linen and let the babies be without a nappy for a couple of days. Unless we can somehow bring this convo back to PhiPhi and his situation I think we have strayed into non relevance!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Unless we can somehow bring this convo back to PhiPhi and his situation I think we have strayed into non relevance!
PhiPhi is a dick? Um, his head looks like a circumcised pee-pee. He's about as useful as foreskin ...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
365 days of bitching in only 15 minutes!
bitching in my abandoned Chateau ruin!
how I made a living from bitching on YOUTUBE
BIG bitchy channel announcement!
look at the witch I found hiding in my abandoned chateau ruin basement!
help my discover ancient abandoned chateau ruins to witch about!
Revealing my bitchy new boyfriend, are we engaged?
Mummy’s a witch, Surprise!
Love this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.