The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i remember a vlog from about two months ago where Camile bought the whole artshop/antiqueshop empty.... :rolleyes: those pieces all costed a fortune...and when you see them in the house it still looks empty..
So odd isn't it to buy a house like that and not have a stick of furniture and they must be 50 years old. Camilla isn't confident about style choices just look at the sheets she bought yesterday thinking grey looks pretty with pink but forgetting the majority of the walls are green.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
From the horse's mouth, Camilla, . . . 'we moved it (referring to the bed linen) here thinking there's no point in buying until we know what house we're going to be'
Ollie said the same reasoning is behind the 'ropey' collection of 'crockery'.
Therefore, I think the same reasoning lies behind why they have so little furniture.
They looked for a house and will now fill it with things that they think resonate with the interior.
From what we’ve seen so far their taste is questionable at best. And their knowledge of the supposed style of the house is laughable. Those interiors scream mid century neo-modernisme. The antiques that were sold to them as having been original pieces from the property are totally the wrong date and style. Somebody saw a pair of bumbling brits with big dreams and little knowledge and decided to separate them from their grifted gains. They got fleeced!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Ollies uk company is very small. His partner and perhaps more successful one moved to Spain pre pandemic. They travel and work online for some supposedly big clients….. Ollie thought to do the same. He probably wanted to be in France near Fanny but Camilla maybe had other ideas.

And boarding school fees will be 40 k a year too…..
Perhaps her father pays the school fees

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes they have all earned her a fat wad so she can increasingly Lord it over them all-and make them think she is doing them a favour shoving the pink phone in their faces. I couldn't even watch last nights Patreon flog and I believe she is keeping the Christmas decs up till Feb because all content up till then will be pre recorded as she will be away. I am so sick of her and that Pube moaning about all the editing.
All the editing must be a nightmare! Having to go back and keep checking that anything financially incriminating has been removed or subsequently addressed so as to minimise her culpability.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
So odd isn't it to buy a house like that and not have a stick of furniture and they must be 50 years old. Camilla isn't confident about style choices just look at the sheets she bought yesterday thinking grey looks pretty with pink but forgetting the majority of the walls are green.
I don't think it's odd.
Ollie and Camilla explained that they didn't bring any new linen or china because they wanted to buy their house and make purchases that were complementary to the new house's interior. They will purchase new linen, china and objects accordingly.
I think this line of thinking follows through for their furniture.
Their previous home was a new build and the furniture from that house would not have suited the new home in Spain which has a very different aesthetic.
As it is some of the furniture that they have brought with them doesn't suit this new house.
It's nice enough furniture but not for this house.

But I do agree that the grey sheets were an odd choice.
She should have followed her own advice and taken photos along of the bedroom's interior.

Not house related but Cami looked fabulous at the end in her yellow bikini,

i remember a vlog from about two months ago where Camile bought the whole artshop/antiqueshop empty.... :rolleyes: those pieces all costed a fortune...and when you see them in the house it still looks empty..

It's a big house.
They have five floors to fill.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Boring as watching paint dry.

Snorty's 'really good friend' Tim came to visit for NY Eve. I'm pleased Snorty had a real friend to celebrate NYE with and didn't only have to give Fanny a fake-kiss at midnight.

There is only 1 billiard cue to share between the 3 players. Tim's more interested in his phone then billiards and doesn't look that comfortable on camera. Snorty's more interested with showing off his manicure vs. holding the billiard cue correctly.

No Mummy, Percy or Snorty's parents in the vlog. Fanny's nose grew an inch longer when she told us they visited the porcelain factory and tried to make us believe only Snorty's mum purchased anything.
If the Gay Twink had a really good male “ friend” at the chateau for NYE, you can bet they went out for kabobs after midnight!

B00397C8-8809-4A63-B3DA-7170F12CF77E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If the Gay Twink had a really good male “ friend” at the chateau for NYE, you can bet they went out for kabobs after midnight!

View attachment 1855995
I wonder if we'll see more of Phillipa's 'good friends' visiting and whether or not this is part of the deal/charade?
Or have they just driven me into cynicism 🤔

• Haha
At least it is a clean new bed. It’s is a lovely bed for a young girl. I would never buy a second hand bed with fabric coverings. Yuk.
lol What do you think the bed was? Second, third or 10th hand and then recovered. The same bed is for sale at Emmaus all over France. Could be bought for less than 100 euros and then recovered.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Teresa and Ashtray found a kitchen on Facebook Marketplace to buy for 50 euros and reinstall in the derelict sha-oh. Ashtray said it was too expensive; but Teresa had a tantrum and got the sellers down to a tenner (10 euros) for it.

Teresa is afraid he might be upstaging his mother’s kitchen! But they’re going ahead with it because it will compliment Ashtray’s neck warmer.

DEEC6234-DA27-4D63-A94A-754DDDC61AE4.jpeg

When will we be hearing that Granny is now broke after the reno and having to open a Tea Room in her new old 1990’s kitchen in the derelict cottage?? 😂 😆

02A73B43-DDE5-454F-ACE4-D5649B27A316.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Frank, (of Frank and Ivo) has a good command of written English. However, his writing suggests pomposity! He seems to be trying too hard to impress. He needs to be more concise and to consider clarity. Someone should tell him that over-long sentences are difficult to process for most readers!
I have read some of what he’s written on his blog before and he comes across as Jason Dubey like.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If I had a Magical Mansion and I was hoping people will send me money to fix the thing up......... no way would my daughter have an expensive bed with very expensive bed linen !!!
Yves Delorme is super expensive !!! Put that money on your drainage, roof , electric , heating ..... on and on !!!
Pack of Grifters .
I think the problem they have is that they have said they are not allowed to tackle the majority of the renovations until they have owned the place for 2 years, that was my understanding anyway, correct me if I misunderstood. So instead of putting the money to one side in a renovation account, which would make sense, they are spending it on interior furniture and probably relying on the Patreon to cover the renovation costs when they are permitted to start them. Given that the place is cold and possibly damp and all the electricity runs from an extension lead, not sure how efficient the radiators are but I think it foolhardy to buy expensive pieces of furniture that can be ruined whilst waiting for renovations to start. Not to mention the way Olly crashes into walls and furniture when carrying objects around, he's like a bumper car with no one at the wheel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Definitely not defending the dynamic duo, but it will be quite some time before they have planning permission and can actually start the restoration since they were idiot enough to buy a listed property! I’m curious to know if they bought any of that Vista Alegre china? It’s not as outrageous as Royal Copenhagen’s Flora Danica, but it’s still pricey!

edited to add Sugar Tits needs to lay off the filters when she vlogs. That was some scary morphing on her face and forehead!
Up close you can see she's been extremely heavy handed with an eye brow pencil. Like two black caterpillars have crawled onto her face. They are perfectly drawn, but she needs to adopt softer lines.

• Heart
  • Haha
From the horse's mouth, Camilla, . . . 'we moved it (referring to the bed linen) here thinking there's no point in buying until we know what house we're going to be'
Ollie said the same reasoning is behind the 'ropey' collection of 'crockery'.
Therefore, I think the same reasoning lies behind why they have so little furniture.
They looked for a house and will now fill it with things that they think resonate with the interior.
Didn't Cammy put her linen in one of the landing storage cupboards so she could access it easily?

Stephanie Jarvis has zero intentions of ever 'getting the lake back' and has said so numerous times. Asked about the progress of her Lake-funds and the surveys she says she has 'ordered', she usually brings up how difficult the French system is and how she hopes that in time... blah blah blah. It has been brought to my attention that she is currently using the funding supposedly set aside for the lake for her heating project, because (in her own words) the patrons decided that they wanted this to get priority. It is my understanding this will be her strategy from now on: blaming the patrons for wanting something she would not have done herself.
Eww... What revolting behaviour. It's always the blame game with Stephanie. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Also, a big part of the lake story was the fee or fine for fixing the lake up to modern day standards was like $150,000 but Stephanie could have gotten a grant for half of it if she would have followed the proper procedure that she “wasn’t aware of”, or something along those lines.

Let's have a look back

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Am I the only one who wants the Floor Scrubber to restore the lake just so she can tell the Gay Twink to go jump in it?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not to mention those wild tile floors. At least she decided not to die on that hill! Staph would’ve dug in and insisted we were color blind!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.