The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frank, (of Frank and Ivo) has a good command of written English. However, his writing suggests pomposity! He seems to be trying too hard to impress. He needs to be more concise and to consider clarity. Someone should tell him that over-long sentences are difficult to process for most readers!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The bed is lovely but with mattress and reupholstery in excess of £5k on a kids bed when you can pick these up in France fir peanuts. They are asking patrons for money to renovate. Also fascinating did they leave the UK in a hurry the have no furniture, no crockery, no bed linen etc etc
I was puzzled by this lack of evidence of a previous life Did Ollie’s business go bust? Perhaps they just decided to sell up in entirety and start a new and less conventional life. Many people reassessed their lives during lockdown.

Reactions: 13
I was puzzled by this lack of evidence of a previous life Did Ollie’s business go bust? Perhaps they just decided to sell up in entirety and start a new and less conventional life. Many people reassessed their lives during lockdown.
In the States nowadays when people move many of them just sell everything and go shopping once they get the house. Having movers is nightmare and super expensive. The used furniture market is really pretty good, and you can get a good chunk of your money back selling your stuff. Getting a shipping container now is like $25K so that’s not really an option either.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I still can’t believe a simpleton like Ashtray is/was a councillor. The only thing that could make it believable is that he represented the supposedly most deprived area of the UK. Not surprised he lived there. Laughable that he used Crohns to justify staying in France. He’s just another grifter working a system.
If he can win a position as councillor, it indicates what the rest of the talent in the area is like.
Let us not forget he will be on a good pension from the council….. They are living the dream beyond their means.
Teary wanted a shatoo so they must all help the little fairy get his wish

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Let us not forget he will be on a good pension from the council….. They are living the dream beyond their means.
Will he?
I don't know how local government works in England.

Tim Holding at Chateau Purnon left politics on a part-taxpayer-funded pension of between $100,000 and $150,000 a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think those lights used to hang over the original chateau billiard tables. I believe the tables weren’t used much over the past few years because they were French billiard tables without pockets for the balls. Terry hired a company with a sterling reputation that Stephanie Jarvis recommended to refurbish them and add pockets so they can play normal pool. The tables haven’t been seen since, but Ash thinks they might have been mistakenly delivered to Versailles.🎱🎱
View attachment 1855511
Did the mirrors come from Ivan’s Trumps bathroom.?
Also who likes their rubbish heated up. Bin by the radiator…..it is not in a helpful place!
That kitchen represents the whole ground floor of their home in England. They don’t know that big and badly planned is NOT NECESSARILY BETTER!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I watched Our French Chateau for the first time. What a huge difference between them and Fanny. They are responsible adults with a genuine aim to restore their chateau. They are hard-working and clearly love their life in France. Watching some of these other chateau owners really exposes the "omnishambles" and fakery at Lieland. One of the key differences between Fanny and the others is the fact that she is presenting a bordello-like circus to the viewers. It's a soap opera with a star and a cast of supporting actors. I think that's what keeps the patrons interested. The bit part players come and go but the fans want to know what's happening in their lives and eagerly await the next episode. Those bit players maybe don't realise the damage Fanny is doing to them by exposing their characters and, therefore, their weaknesses. Viewers now know that Kat is often drunk and makes a fool of herself; they have seen the vulnerabilities and weaknesses in people like FRK and Selmar. Fanny has exposed all of them publicly to a lot of negative reactions from us and other viewers. As a result, she has really tarnished their reputations. In comparison with most other chateaux vloggers who don't film a soap opera and don't use others in this way, she has made a great deal of money. Her supporting "cast" is unpaid but they have earned her a lot of the money she receives from YT and Patreon. They should demand some recompense for the harm she has done them!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
In the States nowadays when people move many of them just sell everything and go shopping once they get the house. Having movers is nightmare and super expensive. The used furniture market is really pretty good, and you can get a good chunk of your money back selling your stuff. Getting a shipping container now is like $25K so that’s not really an option either.
That happens here as well.
Before we bought our cottage in Castlemaine we considered a beach house.
We could have purchased that house with all it's furniture and contents.

Did the mirrors come from Ivan’s Trumps bathroom.?
Also who likes their rubbish heated up. Bin by the radiator…..it is not in a helpful place!
That kitchen represents the whole ground floor of their home in England. They don’t know that big and badly planned is NOT NECESSARILY BETTER!
The 'thing' framing the back of the stove. :eek:

Reactions: 12
Ollies uk company is very small. His partner and perhaps more successful one moved to Spain pre pandemic. They travel and work online for some supposedly big clients….. Ollie thought to do the same. He probably wanted to be in France near Fanny but Camilla maybe had other ideas.

Sounds like that is exactly it. The bed as well is for a child who is at boarding school for at least 36 weeks a year too. How can they justify grifting? Camilla has about 6k worth of filler in her face too. Old doesn't get his hair dyed professionally so some savings there.
And boarding school fees will be 40 k a year too…..

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Ashley was elected in January 2019, so it would appear that he was not able to join the Local Govt. Pension Scheme.

Overview
Councillors in England cannot join the LGPS. Those councillor members in England who were members of the Scheme on 31 March 2014 were able to remain in the LGPS until the end of their term of office. They were not able to re-join the LGPS is any subsequent term of office.

Councillors in Wales continue to have access to the LGPS if they are offered membership under the council’s scheme of allowances.

"
Councillors are not considered employees of their council and do not receive employment benefits such as a salary and leave entitlements." (Councillors receive an allowance not a salary.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Ollies uk company is very small. His partner and perhaps more successful one moved to Spain pre pandemic. They travel and work online for some supposedly big clients….. Ollie thought to do the same. He probably wanted to be in France near Fanny but Camilla maybe had other ideas.

I was thinking today that Camilla's first partner may pay for their daughter's school fees.

Not being near Fanny is a good idea, in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Stephanie Jarvis has zero intentions of ever 'getting the lake back' and has said so numerous times. Asked about the progress of her Lake-funds and the surveys she says she has 'ordered', she usually brings up how difficult the French system is and how she hopes that in time... blah blah blah. It has been brought to my attention that she is currently using the funding supposedly set aside for the lake for her heating project, because (in her own words) the patrons decided that they wanted this to get priority. It is my understanding this will be her strategy from now on: blaming the patrons for wanting something she would not have done herself.
I agree. No need for the lake anymore. The damage for the house is done.

Reactions: 22
I watched Our French Chateau for the first time. What a huge difference between them and Fanny. They are responsible adults with a genuine aim to restore their chateau. They are hard-working and clearly love their life in France. Watching some of these other chateau owners really exposes the "omnishambles" and fakery at Lieland. One of the key differences between Fanny and the others is the fact that she is presenting a bordello-like circus to the viewers. It's a soap opera with a star and a cast of supporting actors. I think that's what keeps the patrons interested. The bit part players come and go but the fans want to know what's happening in their lives and eagerly await the next episode. Those bit players maybe don't realise the damage Fanny is doing to them by exposing their characters and, therefore, their weaknesses. Viewers now know that Kat is often drunk and makes a fool of herself; they have seen the vulnerabilities and weaknesses in people like FRK and Selmar. Fanny has exposed all of them publicly to a lot of negative reactions from us and other viewers. As a result, she has really tarnished their reputations. In comparison with most other chateaux vloggers who don't film a soap opera and don't use others in this way, she has made a great deal of money. Her supporting "cast" is unpaid but they have earned her a lot of the money she receives from YT and Patreon. They should demand some recompense for the harm she has done them!
Yes they have all earned her a fat wad so she can increasingly Lord it over them all-and make them think she is doing them a favour shoving the pink phone in their faces. I couldn't even watch last nights Patreon flog and I believe she is keeping the Christmas decs up till Feb because all content up till then will be pre recorded as she will be away. I am so sick of her and that Pube moaning about all the editing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Agreed.
Our French Chateau and Chateau Diaries are like night and day.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

x 2 because I believe both girls are now away at school and that is on taxed income. At least Oli still works but it is a bit much to ask for Patreon when you can afford the lifestyle they do.

I agree. No need for the lake anymore. The damage for the house is done.
She really needs to address the structural damage and how to stop it getting worse or stabilising it. She is so irresponsible and the worst person to take on such a property.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Teresa owned a pet shop. 😂 I think mom and dad were retired and sitting at home watching Coronation Street. Still not sure to whom that little boy belongs.
In the early days when I did watch them I think it was disclosed that the grandson was their daughters child. I don't think they ever disclosed what had happened that caused him to be with them. My viewing with them was short lived, because they all talked at the same time, over each other and they gave the child open mic when they were having discussions which was a distraction. Not sure why people believe we want to see and hear their kids on a renovation vlog. I am not the child catcher but there is a time and place.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How many years is PJ at Lalande and friend Tim only now appears? What happened with bubble girl that she is never spoken of of seen again?

That billiard table looks too close to the piano, making it difficult to play from that side.
The space is far too cramped for billiards. Remember, though, what is now the winter salon is actually the billiards room. It just wasn’t fit for purpose for Madame LaFlash. Now that she desperately needs content the table needed renovating and a new home. I know this will be an unpopular and uncharitable attitude, but I’ve reached the point where I think the only appropriate outcome for this thieving cow and her enablers is to be in the grand salon when LaLande collapses into the mud hole out back.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sounds like that is exactly it. The bed as well is for a child who is at boarding school for at least 36 weeks a year too. How can they justify grifting? Camilla has about 6k worth of filler in her face too. Old doesn't get his hair dyed professionally so some savings there.
i remember a vlog from about two months ago where Camile bought the whole artshop/antiqueshop empty.... :rolleyes: those pieces all costed a fortune...and when you see them in the house it still looks empty..

• Wow
Reactions: 15
@billybudd I am very surprised that you think it's ok to tell @Yebo what they can and can't say in a gossip forum ! Policing of forum not allowed as you should know by now ! :mad:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.