The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried watching their videos when they first began but didn't enjoy them.
I watched a few of their videos and am quite enjoying them…the ones who seem to be popular but for the life of me, I couldn’t connect with them are chateau de purnon people… they put me to sleep!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Definitely not defending the dynamic duo, but it will be quite some time before they have planning permission and can actually start the restoration since they were idiot enough to buy a listed property! I’m curious to know if they bought any of that Vista Alegre china? It’s not as outrageous as Royal Copenhagen’s Flora Danica, but it’s still pricey!
I bet they did buy some china ...... but in the comments someone said Fanny has lots of china and maybe she will give the Magic ones a set !!! :oops:
Don't hold your breath Ollie and Cami !!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Perhaps someone will be able to explain to me how this woman was on her own draining the lake when allegedly Potts was attempting to save the fish and the Larkin blackguard was there as well?
Also, a big part of the lake story was the fee or fine for fixing the lake up to modern day standards was like $150,000 but Stephanie could have gotten a grant for half of it if she would have followed the proper procedure that she “wasn’t aware of”, or something along those lines.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I watched a few of their videos and am quite enjoying them…the ones who seem to be popular but for the life of me, I couldn’t connect with them are chateau de purnon people… they put me to sleep!
I know what you mean.
Tim Holding is a former Australian politician.
He has much as much charisma as a chateau owner as when he was a politician.

Then there is this:

On 31 August 2009, Holding was reported missing after he failed to return from a solo hiking expedition of Mount Feathertop, Victoria's second highest mountain, having walked up the Bungalow Spur.[12] He was due to return at 4pm on Sunday 30 August, but made no contact with his family.[13][14] Holding was located by the Australian Federal Police and was rescued on 1 September by a Victoria Police helicopter during a large scale search involving the Victoria Police Search and Rescue Squad, the State Emergency Service and Bush Search and Rescue Victoria

For a supposedly intelligent person it was a really stupid thing to do.
So when I watch him on their vlogs this is in the back of my mind.

Having said that he and Felicity are incredibly hard workers.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
While we're critiquing the cottage kitchen, I have to point out the lighting. Randomly hung 2-light and 3-light fixtures. That bugs me.
906CE3DD-1A62-4A18-B9BA-2A04EE440809.jpeg
I think those lights used to hang over the original chateau billiard tables. I believe the tables weren’t used much over the past few years because they were French billiard tables without pockets for the balls. Terry hired a company with a sterling reputation that Stephanie Jarvis recommended to refurbish them and add pockets so they can play normal pool. The tables haven’t been seen since, but Ash thinks they might have been mistakenly delivered to Versailles.🎱🎱
00A79A2D-D8E3-414D-9EAC-8B9E809E3EF8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My first thought when I saw that chandelier was: WHAT A BUNCH OF F***NG IDIOTS! :ROFLMAO: ✌

Perhaps, when Dan is finished with his AWOL, he can move that monster chandelier to his other crumbling heap.
That chandelier was gifted to Annalise. As far as I can tell it would be her decision whether Dan could move it anywhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Davy and the water survey people told her that allowing vegetation to grow there after draining the pond destroyed the centuries old clay lining so now all that had to be removed and a new lining put down. Also a wide riparian barrier around the shore would have to be added to support the wildlife. These things are non-negotiable It wasn’t mentioned but the sluicing mechanics would probably have to be brought up to standard and on top of all this Stephamememe would not have control of it. The area farmers would have right of access and removal during times of drought. Which you know would have put Izzy in a tizzy and had Fanny foaming at the mouth.
Stephanie Jarvis has zero intentions of ever 'getting the lake back' and has said so numerous times. Asked about the progress of her Lake-funds and the surveys she says she has 'ordered', she usually brings up how difficult the French system is and how she hopes that in time... blah blah blah. It has been brought to my attention that she is currently using the funding supposedly set aside for the lake for her heating project, because (in her own words) the patrons decided that they wanted this to get priority. It is my understanding this will be her strategy from now on: blaming the patrons for wanting something she would not have done herself.

In other news today: Stephanie Jarvis former guardians Frank and Ivo seem to be branching out. Apparently they have bought another tiny house in the area and from what I have heard it's close to the gas station/cheesebar that the charlataine frequently visits, with a view on the ancient viaduct in Cluis. As lovely as the property looks, it occurred to me that they must suffer from some form of masochism, keeping them close instead of running far from the mess they say they wanted to escape.

https://domainelespierres.com/hitting-the-one-key-just-slightly-harder

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Sean and Rick, but does he not pay Ryan as well? I can't believe Ryan does the filming, editing and occasional chauffeuring as well out of the goodness of his own heart, no matter how good a friend he is. There's Billy's electrician as well.
Yes of course, Ryan too, annoying moron. I remember Billy saying YouTube pays for all the Convent renovations. But at the rate he spends money there must be something bigger going on here.

Do they have the Spanish equivalent of a tax free association they are channeling those funds through? The two things are not the same.
They've shot themselves in the foot if they wanted me to be a patron because my one and a half braincells could work out that they don't really need my cash if they are buying expensive beds.
Anyway, although I quite enjoy their channel I would never dream of being their patron after that. They should try and retain their dignity by closing down their Patreon account.
I think that the bed looks fine in that room. That's all.
Does anyone know how many patrons they have?

Reactions: 8
I appreciate your point, and your effort to bring Jarvis to justice. But the constant referring to him as female is misgendering and perhaps not the best deployment of rhetoric in this -- or any -- forum.
Which is why I use the pronoun it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
She probably doesn’t know what they are quoting for and does not care. Bunman is dealing with it as it is his friend? What is shocking is that she has only one quote and £300k was mentioned. Who on earth would ever do that. I guess someone who is not paying for it. We know Nathan only does gas installation and not wood pellet as I rang him!!
And also who installs gas with the energy situation as it is?????
She's pretty stupid not getting more estimates (you'd be surprised how many do though) but as you say, not her money. Mr Spratt is currently in the process of doing two gas installations, so people are still going for it. France wants to get rid of fuel heating and for a big place like that, gas is probably her best option. Within the industry there's a lot being discussed with regards various heating options.

Reactions: 15
Yes of course, Ryan too, annoying moron. I remember Billy saying YouTube pays for all the Convent renovations. But at the rate he spends money there must be something bigger going on here.

Does anyone know how many patrons they have?
I had a quick look and the number of patrons doesn't seem available. However going by the likes on past posts there appear to be around 41.

Reactions: 10
If they want to buy the bed why not? I think it looks good.
The bed is lovely but with mattress and reupholstery in excess of £5k on a kids bed when you can pick these up in France fir peanuts. They are asking patrons for money to renovate. Also fascinating did they leave the UK in a hurry the have no furniture, no crockery, no bed linen etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How many years is PJ at Lalande and friend Tim only now appears? What happened with bubble girl that she is never spoken of of seen again?

That billiard table looks too close to the piano, making it difficult to play from that side.

• Heart
The bed is lovely but with mattress and reupholstery in excess of £5k on a kids bed when you can pick these up in France fir peanuts. They are asking patrons for money to renovate. Also fascinating did they leave the UK in a hurry the have no furniture, no crockery, no bed linen etc etc
I wonder if they didn't sell their house in the UK then purchase a flat or much smaller place where their linen etc resides.

• Haha
I wonder if they didn't sell their house in the UK then purchase a flat or much smaller place where their linen etc resides.
Sounds like that is exactly it. The bed as well is for a child who is at boarding school for at least 36 weeks a year too. How can they justify grifting? Camilla has about 6k worth of filler in her face too. Old doesn't get his hair dyed professionally so some savings there.

• Haha
  • Wow
She's pretty stupid not getting more estimates (you'd be surprised how many do though) but as you say, not her money. Mr Spratt is currently in the process of doing two gas installations, so people are still going for it. France wants to get rid of fuel heating and for a big place like that, gas is probably her best option. Within the industry there's a lot being discussed with regards various heating options.
I would be very interested to know what Mr Spratt favours for the future?

The colors remind me of Teabag’s cottage kitchen…oak cabinets with dark green walls…but done on the cheap. Two rows of tile backsplash looks unfinished and cheap. What material is the countertop? Not having the kitchen sink centered under the window would drive me crazy. But…I guess I shouldn’t be too harsh. They remodeled the kitchen, finished a project, and supposedly kept within a budget. If their budget only allowed for certain finishes, then I can’t fault them. But it couldn’t have been too much more money to add more tile to the backsplash.

View attachment 1854402
I loathe those underground/metro/subway tiles. They pop up all over the place in the chateausphere. Having said that, another row of two would have been an improvement on two tier tiling.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
From the horse's mouth, Camilla, . . . 'we moved it (referring to the bed linen) here thinking there's no point in buying until we know what house we're going to be'
Ollie said the same reasoning is behind the 'ropey' collection of 'crockery'.
Therefore, I think the same reasoning lies behind why they have so little furniture.
They looked for a house and will now fill it with things that they think resonate with the interior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.