The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s 2023, I hope we can give poor Sara a break. She’s the most down to earth person in the chateauverse. She’s suffered enough, after all, she’s married to Shrek.
Amen, sista! I love Sarah! She is probably the most real person in the chateauverse.

Would you prefer if they pull a fan-flash and leave one job unfinished and start a new one?
When DIYing, things get a long time to finish, and I appreciate that they are being meticulous and ensuring the important bits (like the complicated flooring) is done properly.
I agree with you 100% and give them a ton of credit as well, as that room required a ton of structural (the floor beams) and fiddly work (walls, repairing/recreating the mouldings, not to mention restoring and recreating the missing/broken parquet. That is why I couldn't be mad at the Fleuries for the amount of time it took to reno their kitchen, either- it is a lot of work, and when doing DIY, you always end up down the rabbit hole of discovering something else that needs to be repaired. I'd rather take the time to do it correctly, even if it is a painful process that takes twice as long, vice just cobbling it together to only have to re-do it all later on. Fanny is a "Lessons Learned" of what not to do when renovating a chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1855312
View attachment 1855313

They bug me too, but not as badly as the one in Dan and Annalise's kitchen!
A massive chandelier hanging from an unfinished ceiling, above rotting beams.

View attachment 1855321
View attachment 1855322
My first thought when I saw that chandelier was how were they going to keep it clean in a kitchen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
If I had a Magical Mansion and I was hoping people will send me money to fix the thing up......... no way would my daughter have an expensive bed with very expensive bed linen !!!
Yves Delorme is super expensive !!! Put that money on your drainage, roof , electric , heating ..... on and on !!!
Pack of Grifters .

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If I had a Magical Mansion and I was hoping people will send me money to fix the thing up......... no way would my daughter have an expensive bed with very expensive bed linen !!!
Yves Delorme is super expensive !!! Put that money on your drainage, roof , electric , heating ..... on and on !!!
Pack of Grifters .
Definitely not defending the dynamic duo, but it will be quite some time before they have planning permission and can actually start the restoration since they were idiot enough to buy a listed property! I’m curious to know if they bought any of that Vista Alegre china? It’s not as outrageous as Royal Copenhagen’s Flora Danica, but it’s still pricey!

edited to add Sugar Tits needs to lay off the filters when she vlogs. That was some scary morphing on her face and forehead!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I really dislike that room.
The decoration is all so heavy.
As much as I like mural wallpaper this one is a no from me.
And my eye keeps going to the join.
The panelling is well made but overworked.
I agree . . . those chairs with the cheap tapestry look fabric, bleh.
Steph does not do restraint or details.
And then to cap it off we have the lovely Philip, our country gentleman, attempting billiards.
He needs a set of sleeve garters. That would complete his Euro trash look.
I thought it was trying to look like a used car salesman. You think it's attempting a country gentleman? Which country, can't be UK. Maybe Zululand?

Boring as watching paint dry.

Snorty's 'really good friend' Tim came to visit for NY Eve. I'm pleased Snorty had a real friend to celebrate NYE with and didn't only have to give Fanny a fake-kiss at midnight.

There is only 1 billiard cue to share between the 3 players. Tim's more interested in his phone then billiards and doesn't look that comfortable on camera. Snorty's more interested with showing off his manicure vs. holding the billiard cue correctly.

No Mummy, Percy or Snorty's parents in the vlog. Fanny's nose grew an inch longer when she told us they visited the porcelain factory and tried to make us believe only Snorty's mum purchased anything.
Notice that Phillipa hasn't painted it's head?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Pack of Grifters .
Now @Pekey …that’s not thinking very magically! All you need is a spoonful of sugar and a little bibbity-bobbity-boo! Click your heels three times and wave that magic wand!

FDB8E369-B54C-4BCF-A78C-35FB2E2A0A13.jpeg

E2886A65-B45C-43B4-A986-7FA616B95AE1.gif

But watch out for Fanny…..

FF0E2977-CC27-4B30-A6AA-B62DCD7D1590.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Same here! I was just watching with an increasingly raised eyebrow ("It can't all be true, can it??"). I was curious to know why Selmar was suddenly out of the picture and found tattle this way. So glad you're all there!
Just remember…… there are only 15 of us and 2 flying monkeys! 😂😂🤣

• Haha
Seriously.. Who are these people? Why are they sitting in a tree? 😂 I want to see the behind the scenes for their videos...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I still can’t believe a simpleton like Ashtray is/was a councillor. The only thing that could make it believable is that he represented the supposedly most deprived area of the UK. Not surprised he lived there. Laughable that he used Crohns to justify staying in France. He’s just another grifter working a system.

Reactions: 12
It’s them aliens again..

Those sneaky greys!!! (Sorry, I know it is slightly OT, but I just finished watching Season 2 of Resident Alien, which has ruined me for all other TV shows- the humour is so inappropriate yet hilarious!)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I am sitting on my own beautiful 1880 French bed as a type this.

Does Oily’s daughter need such an expensive bed when the rest of the house and yard are such a mess? They could have gone to Emmaus, bought same bed for 50-100 Euros and had it recovered.

Angie from Chateau Strife would have gladly painted over the fabric for them for just the price of a pot of Annie Sloan milk paint! 😂 😆

View attachment 1854971
At least it is a clean new bed. It’s is a lovely bed for a young girl. I would never buy a second hand bed with fabric coverings. Yuk.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This may be very unpalatable but perhaps Phillipa has beguiled Fanny?
Alternatively, what 50yr old would be intellectually compatible with uneducated thing in it's mid twenties? Fanny is obviously intellectually stunted herself. Never mind she went to university. Did she pass?
I appreciate your point, and your effort to bring Jarvis to justice. But the constant referring to him as female is misgendering and perhaps not the best deployment of rhetoric in this -- or any -- forum.

• Heart
My first thought when I saw that chandelier was how were they going to keep it clean in a kitchen.
My first thought when I saw that chandelier was: WHAT A BUNCH OF F***NG IDIOTS! :ROFLMAO: ✌

Perhaps, when Dan is finished with his AWOL, he can move that monster chandelier to his other crumbling heap.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Now @Pekey …that’s not thinking very magically! All you need is a spoonful of sugar and a little bibbity-bobbity-boo! Click your heels three times and wave that magic wand!
Pekey is not "magic" .... Pekey is in the real world ! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I still can’t believe a simpleton like Ashtray is/was a councillor. The only thing that could make it believable is that he represented the supposedly most deprived area of the UK. Not surprised he lived there. Laughable that he used Crohns to justify staying in France. He’s just another grifter working a system.
If he can win a position as councillor, it indicates what the rest of the talent in the area is like.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.