The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! Your hang banging video clip nearly sent me into a seizure though. I had to carefully position your post while I read it so that I wasn't get a strobe effect, seriously.
I would edit it… but it’s too late.. don’t have that option anymore.
In my defence, it is extremely close the feeling I had while watching this video… seizure inducing and all! 😵

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Please don't be hard on yourself for sending the book. We all got snookered at one time or the other. We have redeemed ourselves by being here, supporting each other and keeping each other from falling off the wagon again. 🤣 I did read a comment about Le Comte slipping by actually watching a gift grab. Get right back on the wagon dear sir! We are here for you. 🤣
You need people to take one for the team every now and then so you can keep getting Intel 😆

• Haha
I am sitting on my own beautiful 1880 French bed as a type this.

Does Oily’s daughter need such an expensive bed when the rest of the house and yard are such a mess? They could have gone to Emmaus, bought same bed for 50-100 Euros and had it recovered.

Angie from Chateau Strife would have gladly painted over the fabric for them for just the price of a pot of Annie Sloan milk paint! 😂 😆

View attachment 1854971
Loved the title of this video too. Oily, Sugar Tits (we know you read here) if your lovely little French bed is so rare then why does every YouTuber in the chateauverse have one. Heck, Ed and Anna have multiples!!! Really, if you’re that gullible I’ll send you a container full of Marie Antoinette’s cast offs with a few Gaudi pieces thrown in for the low, low price of $100k USD! Shipping not included of course. Seriously though, good on you for having it reupholstered. Most of those in the chateauverse are so nasty they use them as is. Nits and all!🤢🤮

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Does Oily’s daughter need such an expensive bed when the rest of the house and yard are such a mess? They could have gone to Emmaus, bought same bed for 50-100 Euros and had it recovered.

Angie from Chateau Strife would have gladly painted over the fabric for them for just the price of a pot of Annie Sloan milk paint! 😂 😆

View attachment 1854971
If they want to buy the bed why not? I think it looks good.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If they want to buy the bed why not? I think it looks good.
They are begging people for money. If they can spend 1000s on a bed, why are they begging? That bed is the equivalent of the Influencer driving a Tesla whilst begging for money. No different than preachers on TV begging for money whilst buying their own private jet and wearing designer clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They are begging people for money. If they can spend 1000s on a bed, why are they begging? That bed is the equivalent of the Influencer driving a Tesla whilst begging for money.
So if people watch that video then decide to become patron's more fool them is what I think. That is not the same as Fanny getting money from patrons for renovations and then spending it on herself and hideous vases etc, that's the same as stealing.

Reactions: 15
All a bit strange to me. I find it hard to believe Billy doesn't have a plan, doing all this work and spending a small fortune on building supplies, tools and wages for two men, but no direction or plan?? But whatever he's doing, it puts Fanny to shame. He works hard and has something to show for it.
Sean and Rick, but does he not pay Ryan as well? I can't believe Ryan does the filming, editing and occasional chauffeuring as well out of the goodness of his own heart, no matter how good a friend he is. There's Billy's electrician as well.

Reactions: 11
So if people watch that video then decide to become patron's more fool them is what I think. That is not the same as Fanny getting money from patrons for renovations and then spending it on herself and hideous vases etc, that's the same as stealing.
It’s the same thing. Patrons probably paid for that bed when they thought it would be spent on mansion restoration. The extravagant bed also tells us where their priorities are. The decorator sister is pushing them to buy stuff they cannot afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He’s too gross for anyone else to support him- gay/or straight. Only a person with zero self esteem would enable a loser like him
It's stunning she does not understand how very badly he reflects on her. You'd think having channel 4 make you the laughing stock of Chateau DIY would be a hint to everyone -- from people with whom she might wish to do business, tradespeople, to more suitable boyfriends and the classes to which she aspires.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Do they have the Spanish equivalent of a tax free association they are channeling those funds through? The two things are not the same.
They've shot themselves in the foot if they wanted me to be a patron because my one and a half braincells could work out that they don't really need my cash if they are buying expensive beds.
Anyway, although I quite enjoy their channel I would never dream of being their patron after that. They should try and retain their dignity by closing down their Patreon account.
I think that the bed looks fine in that room. That's all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I would edit it… but it’s too late.. don’t have that option anymore.
In my defence, it is extremely close the feeling I had while watching this video… seizure inducing and all! 😵
I was being a bit dramatic! I'm sorry you had an adverse reaction too. ❤

I just don't think Phyllis is going to age well. The shape of his head continues to morph. 👽 If he's one of the aliens, we're in trouble!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

View attachment 1854971
I ❤ that bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Have I been living under a rock again and missed this? There’s a good chance… but YT just recommended to me Chateau de Bruge and they seem like decent fun people… no Patreon that I can see either for those of you who are allergic 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Boring as watching paint dry.

Snorty's 'really good friend' Tim came to visit for NY Eve. I'm pleased Snorty had a real friend to celebrate NYE with and didn't only have to give Fanny a fake-kiss at midnight.

There is only 1 billiard cue to share between the 3 players. Tim's more interested in his phone then billiards and doesn't look that comfortable on camera. Snorty's more interested with showing off his manicure vs. holding the billiard cue correctly.

No Mummy, Percy or Snorty's parents in the vlog. Fanny's nose grew an inch longer when she told us they visited the porcelain factory and tried to make us believe only Snorty's mum purchased anything.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It's stunning she does not understand how very badly he reflects on her. You'd think having channel 4 make you the laughing stock of Chateau DIY would be a hint to everyone -- from people with whom she might wish to do business, tradespeople, to more suitable boyfriends and the classes to which she aspires.
This may be very unpalatable but perhaps Phillipa has beguiled Fanny?
Alternatively, what 50yr old would be intellectually compatible with uneducated thing in it's mid twenties? Fanny is obviously intellectually stunted herself. Never mind she went to university. Did she pass?

• Heart
  • Haha
he likes playing with smaller balls. The room looks ghastly those chairs
I really dislike that room.
The decoration is all so heavy.
As much as I like mural wallpaper this one is a no from me.
And my eye keeps going to the join.
The panelling is well made but overworked.
I agree . . . those chairs with the cheap tapestry look fabric, bleh.
Steph does not do restraint or details.
And then to cap it off we have the lovely Philip, our country gentleman, attempting billiards.
He needs a set of sleeve garters. That would complete his Euro trash look.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I don't think the lake will ever be restored. It's too far gone now. All the trees and brush would have to be removed, very expensive. Davy stated that the lake bed would have to have a lining to prevent the water from being drained away through the channels left by the tree roots. I can't imagine how much that would cost. The longer it is delayed, the more money it's going to cost. Yep, Fanny really pulled a good one by draining the lake. She upset the entire ecosystem. Just her alone. So much damage. Amazing how stupid this woman is about the natural world. I guess life and earth science classes weren't required at Oxford when she attended.
Fanny said in a recent vlog that her focus at Oxford was the impact the Norse language had on Anglo-Saxon. It baffles me that she'd even consider choosing such subject matter. Completely impractical for someone like her. It's a degree one can do absolutely nothing with, except teach, or read Beowulf perhaps. And we all know Fanny's not smart enough to do either.

0mjTYm7_d (1)~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Ashtray as a politician????? Now that’s funny. Really? Impossible. Just cannot even imagine it. 😂 😝
cd734.png

cd735.png

While we're critiquing the cottage kitchen, I have to point out the lighting. Randomly hung 2-light and 3-light fixtures. That bugs me.
View attachment 1854760
They bug me too, but not as badly as the one in Dan and Annalise's kitchen!
A massive chandelier hanging from an unfinished ceiling, above rotting beams.

dan20.png

dan21.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I ❤ that bed.
I would have used that sharp knife in the back on the plastic. All that sawing on the plastic must have not been very sharp. Don't they have scissors??? Would have been safer. And we know they have scissors they cut all the paper house stuff with them. The bed was very pretty

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.