The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were so so busy but the smug know it all had time to change his ensemble. Different jumper, different scarf.
And by the time they all sat down to eat that mashed potato would have been stone cold, there was no steam coming off it when she was extolling the virtues of her cabbage plates (and how the duck did he pay for those)? and that was a good 5 minutes before they were all seated.
Andrew is bringing an Iberico ham for Christmas Eve, a large one of those costs hundreds, where does he get all his money from that he seems to willingly splash out on Fanny and her assorted hangers on. I’m really puzzled as to what is in it for him it just doesn’t make sense to me.
My local Intermarché is selling those hams for €56 and it includes a stand and a knife. I was eyeing them up on my cross border raid last week and in the Spanish supermarkets they were between €45 and €78. Again, including the stand and a knife. The prices varied depending on how long the ham had been hung.
Notoriety is what's in it for Andrew. Fanny fou flue is a well know YouTuber and on UK (and elsewhere) tv, he gains notoriety by association. Maybe he is hoping his castle will be picked for tv.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
All I can say is wow. Your mum made up her mind and just went with it. Yes, it is forecasted to be brutal the next several days here in the midwest. Where I live forecast of 3-6" with winds at 25-45 mph and wind chills of -30F to -40F. That is a blizzard. Even this born and raised midwestern that is brutal. Covering up my doors with blankets to help keep some of the chill out. Just not ready for this. At least it is to end before Christmas and not happen Christmas Eve/Day like it did 10 years ago or so.
It really struck me as odd, as my mum is a Pollyanna sort- always happy and positive, so it was out of the blue and happened so quickly. The weather forecast is quite scary- stay safe and warm, and insulate what you can of your pipes if you've not already done so. Many positive thoughts your way!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You and your pork pie morsels on toothpicks inspired me to watch the Richmonds' Christmas deco ep.
The Christmas tree is too big and too symmetrically decorated to pass muster at the third string '60s suburban shopping mall I grew up going to, now famous as the site of one of the DC sniper murders. It looks like a mall rat.
Faux fir garlands, the tip of each fir twig is bent into a hook. Festive!
Every surface, wall, mantel, sofa table, is covered with tit. o_O
Never seen so many mismatched, hideous lampshades in one space.
So. Herringbone parquet in a hayloft has corners missing off the planks and half-inch spaces between the herringbones? So rustic.
Never seen Christmas lights which look like a barium swallow test or Chinese water torture, in motion. The ugliness is not a mistake, it is bone deep.
The furniture, red and yellow like a travelling circus, grody.
And they spent a lot of money for the building, which I actually kind of like. Dang.
I’m so sorry, guys. I bloody love it 😍 uncle also mentioned “Abigail’s Party” so I gave them extra points for that too.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Us Brits are a stiff upper life type when facing troubles but I have to say things are pretty bad here 😞 Just a few personal examples in Oxfordshire;
Heating my home is costing around £140 a month.
Electric bill is £120 a month.
Hardly any food on the shelves in my local supermarkets (not sure if a nationwide situ), it’s hard to get a basic full shop in one place, if at all.
Today the ambulance drivers are on strike and we’ve been advised to call a taxi to get to A&E and that heart attack and stroke victims could die as a result.
I personally haven’t had a pay rise for 3 years yet the cost of inflation is currently 14.8%.
House prices are falling (here 25k within 4 months) but mortgages rates keep being significantly and continuously increased meaning they are crippling.
Houses being repossessed is now the norm and families are kicked out and living in hotels, our local hotel has cancelled Christmas parties because function rooms are being turned into bedrooms for displaced local families.
Crime is VERY high here, we’ve personally had our firewood stollen, an attempt to steal our heating oil, parcels on the doorstep taken, a wheelbarrow (of all things) taken within 3 mins of it being left out all during December alone. EVERYONE I speak to has had a recent theft. This week in our area a men was rammed while driving and attacked with a crow bar for his mobile phone - it’s that unsafe here.
Electricity blackouts planned from next month daily between 4-7pm (peek time) until possibly March.
Heating oil and petrol at record high prices, my elderly neighbour in her 90’s comes here to get warm and use our oven because she can’t afford to turn hers on 😞
Used cars at record high prices to such a degree it’s now common to sell your car and simply not have one. My friend couldn’t afford the repair bill so was forced to sell her car last month.
Rescue centres are overrun with pets owners can no longer afford.
Domestic violence within the home is at a record high.
I could go on but I’m aware I’m taking up space on this thread. It’s seriously bad for lots of people and it’s unpleasant here. Just some of the strikes planned this week;
View attachment 1820198
That all sounds very troubling. Do you personally feel like Brexit has compounded the problem. Just wondering as an uneducated American.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
So the Grand Salon ceiling is falling down so that the height can be raised.....it all makes sense now.
All these decisions to make as she welcomes a houseful of guests including her elderly mother and stepfather into a freezing firetrap that's also falling down!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
e sorted and arranged all of Mumsie’s jewellery.
It's the sort of thing a ten year old girl would do, enjoy sorting out her grandma's jewellery boxes. And who hangs bags on a wall? He really is a child. Does he realise what a fool he makes of himself? At one point, it looked as if aunt and uncle were laughing together about him. I'd be furious if some stupid young upstart had re-arranged my apartment and sorted out my possessions. Fanny and Snorts are really like primary school children. They never, ever, act as responsible adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
They are certainly bad and worse for some than others. The govt are just awful. Today, ambulance workers are on strike. Nurses and postal workers are all on strike from time to time. It all has serious effects for seriously ill people, etc. You can't blame the strikers. Nurses, carers, and paramedics have extremely low pay and have been through so much during COVID. Energy prices are soaring for many different reasons (including Brexit). Everything seems to be spiralling downwards. It's hard to think how little humanity has evolved and how far we have strayed from the idealism and hope that existed many years ago.
That is absolutely terrible. Healthcare is a critical infrastructure- without it, people die. What if the police forces strike as well? I watched the PM speak, and he seems so nonchalant about it- it's as if none of the politicians are taking it seriously. What an absolute mess.

Us Brits are a stiff upper life type when facing troubles but I have to say things are pretty bad here 😞 Just a few personal examples in Oxfordshire;
Heating my home is costing around £140 a month.
Electric bill is £120 a month.
Hardly any food on the shelves in my local supermarkets (not sure if a nationwide situ), it’s hard to get a basic full shop in one place, if at all.
Today the ambulance drivers are on strike and we’ve been advised to call a taxi to get to A&E and that heart attack and stroke victims could die as a result.
I personally haven’t had a pay rise for 3 years yet the cost of inflation is currently 14.8%.
House prices are falling (here 25k within 4 months) but mortgages rates keep being significantly and continuously increased meaning they are crippling.
Houses being repossessed is now the norm and families are kicked out and living in hotels, our local hotel has cancelled Christmas parties because function rooms are being turned into bedrooms for displaced local families.
Crime is VERY high here, we’ve personally had our firewood stollen, an attempt to steal our heating oil, parcels on the doorstep taken, a wheelbarrow (of all things) taken within 3 mins of it being left out all during December alone. EVERYONE I speak to has had a recent theft. This week in our area a men was rammed while driving and attacked with a crow bar for his mobile phone - it’s that unsafe here.
Electricity blackouts planned from next month daily between 4-7pm (peek time) until possibly March.
Heating oil and petrol at record high prices, my elderly neighbour in her 90’s comes here to get warm and use our oven because she can’t afford to turn hers on 😞
Used cars at record high prices to such a degree it’s now common to sell your car and simply not have one. My friend couldn’t afford the repair bill so was forced to sell her car last month.
Rescue centres are overrun with pets owners can no longer afford.
Domestic violence within the home is at a record high.
I could go on but I’m aware I’m taking up space on this thread. It’s seriously bad for lots of people and it’s unpleasant here. Just some of the strikes planned this week;
View attachment 1820198
I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. It's quite sickening the state the UK is in- and then there's Fanny, crying out for people to give her more money, traveling, buying expensive tea and baubles, hosting lavish dinners, stuffing herself with sweets and opening expensive gifts when her own countrymen are suffering and deciding between heat or food. "Ooh, Philip bought me more plates!"

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
And that's a wrap. My mum has had enough of the UK and the "The wonderfully under-qualified PM", and is going back to live in her summer home in the midwest US. "Um, Mum, you do realize they are about to have a blizzard and sub-zero temps there, right?" "At least my heat will be affordable and ON when I want it to be! I have a fireplace there!" "You're very determined. And what of the UK house?" "Ironically, I sold it to a lovely couple from Canada- did I not tell you?" "Mum, we talk almost every day, yet you FAILED to mention this. What the hell?" Riddle me this, my UK Tattlers- because my mum is overdramatic at times, I am not sure if her claims are certainly just mum just being overdramatic (yes, she did indeed sell her home there) or if things are getting that bad in the UK.
Its a bloody nightmare ! It was -9 degrees in Scotland last week. I have a smart meter installed, so I can check my Electric and gas usage. £20 a day on gas ! The Electric is just as bad.. some folk are having to chose between heating or food. I’ve been keeping my eye on my elderly neighbours when it gets really cold.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Watching the latest cadeaux - she gets a fabulous coat, and PhiPhi immediately says "I feel like you need a muff. A wide muff". I didn't think he knew that word. But, the coat is pretty fabulous. With or without a muff. Sorry for my 12 year old humor...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
DO YOU ALL REMEMBER. . . .back in the day, when Staph had to hurry to tell us that “yes, she and PhiPhi were girlfriend/boyfriend” - didn’t she add a disclaimer that she had never planned to say a thing. . . .and now all we get is my boyfriend, he’s my boyfriend - over and over and over and over and over again.
Please, pass the airline puke bag this way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Watching the latest cadeaux - she gets a fabulous coat, and PhiPhi immediately says "I feel like you need a muff. A wide muff". I didn't think he knew that word. But, the coat is pretty fabulous. With or without a muff. Sorry for my 12 year old humor...
Omg I thought the same thing. Did he really say Muff????

• Haha
I agree 100% . Her pretend excitement. I think those expensive presents do excite her. She literally calls them presents. They are. They are hers. She can eat them, wear them, display them . But the value of these presents far exceeds the donations. And is supporting a student at Spilotto a charity. non , she is profiteering from people watching and donating who think….they are helping others what tosh .
And the amount of packaging…. No wonder those rubbish bins at the entrance gates are so huge. No fire pit either as Selmar used to burn some of the unwanted stuff, now another flower bed/ graveyard to maintain.

Her idea of Christmas to show us around her favourite museum….. me me me
I think she ordered that tit herself. The clothes always fit. The food is what’s needed for the rooms. She had dates on the brain before, so isn’t that coincidental. The name? Sultana? Bullshit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Its a bloody nightmare ! It was -9 degrees in Scotland last week. I have a smart meter installed, so I can check my Electric and gas usage. £20 a day on gas ! The Electric is just as bad.. some folk are having to chose between heating or food. I’ve been keeping my eye on my elderly neighbours when it gets really cold.
That is astronomical! Goodness, this can not be sustainable. You are a kind soul- the elderly do get forgotten so often when people are just trying to survive themselves, so good on you. Many hugs and I pray things get better with the winter temps and the whole economic crisis.

• Heart
👇Desiree (nee) Smeets, is Philip Janssen's mother....
View attachment 1821171
👇My post....
Nov 4, 2021
Who's your daddy, Philip???

beta&t=sEvxRAnGMXfiNIzgaxcDd-hl8bSiEUUE5ScfG2vOm9A.jpg

Peter Janssen
Senior Consultant Pension Affairs at Pensioenfonds Abp

Is Peter Janssen, Philip's father???
View attachment 1821178View attachment 1821181View attachment 1821224

May 8, 2022
Why are Philip Janssen's parents so shy???
Did his brother tag along???

His mother's name is Desiree (nee) Smeets and has commented in the past.

Dec 5, 2021

Philip Janssen's flog
How to Set the Table for a Family Blue & White Christmas-y Lunch

Nico Eeek.

5 hours ago
Phillip your parents and your grand parents must be so proud of you!! Love that you are making these! Wow, just beautiful setting. The top soup bowls are so pretty!

Desiree Smeets
4 hours ago
Yes,, we are very proud of him!!

...and...

Is it Philip Janssen's father or brother, commenting???
Chateau Diaries flog,
The FIRST 300 Chateau Diaries in ONE video
April 24, 2022

Jos Janssen
11 day
What a fantastic episode Can’t wait to see everything myself
Kiki does it again! Our very own intelligence bureau!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think she ordered that tit herself. The clothes always fit. The food is what’s needed for the rooms. She had dates on the brain before, so isn’t that coincidental. The name? Sultana? Bullshit.
I do think she's found a wealthy bored housewife fan in Saudi Arabia who was probably in Paris, and had a driver bring the gifts to the Shitoo. But, Fanny being Fanny, is going to use that opportunity to showcase those lavish gifts, which seems to cajole her rabid fans into trying to one-up- after all, there's a serious deficit of Fortnum & Mason hampers, Diptyque candles (Snorts made certain to point out HOW much Mummy LOVES candles!), perfumes and Bollinger this year, and Snorts and she only remember the names of those fans who have sent them extravagant gifts.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
That is astronomical! Goodness, this can not be sustainable. You are a kind soul- the elderly do get forgotten so often when people are just trying to survive themselves, so good on you. Many hugs and I pray things get better with the winter temps and the whole economic crisis.
Thank you so much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last night I messaged a close friend in Saudi Arabia to ask about the Bedouin farwa coat Fanny received in the latest gift grab. My friend in Jeddha says she has two that are very similar and thinks hers retailed for SA Riyals 2587.50.
Pound Stirling 564.71
US Dollar 688.14
Australian Dollar 1029.14
Screenshot_20221221-013437_YouTube.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.