The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not answering your question, but it triggered a thought: imagine how embarrassing/exhausting it would be to hang out with a vlogger? You're unable to enjoy the moment, and I bet they stop and do several takes if needed!
That is the reason I take few photos or videos in my life. The experience and memories are more important. You won’t have that if you record everything obsessively!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad Clara has had multiple orgasms from all the schadenfreude. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Martine, dearie, you still haven’t met Armoire or PhiPhi. You’ve just tricked yourself into thinking you have. Now I’ve no idea where you live, but smash all of your devices and run, don’t walk, to the nearest mental health services.
So many delusional people out there

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is Flip now signing everything with „her boyfriend“?
He is controlling her. He is making way too many decisions. He is manipulative. Fanny is flattered by what she believes...is loving attention. It is not. He may not have control of the money but he is spending it. Encouraging Fanny with even more ways of making things marvellous,but his way! Marie in a very early vlog when Fanny was threatening to buy something. She made a big deal of" should I shouldnt I."...Marie said it makes no difference you always buy what you want to. Fanny of course spouts her nonsense of spending money on things that give her pleasure. Which at the time ...was not letting Marie buy fresh mushrooms but tinned ones!Fanny YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BUY CLASS.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1821131

caroline gooder
1 hour ago (edited)
Glad to hear that you plan to have an expert paint and work on the gold leaf of the Grand Salon paneling. If you are going to lose part of the walls in the bedrooms above, why not raise the ceiling in the Grand Salon. How much play would you have for the windows? Could you recreate the rooms elsewhere? Just throwing out ideas here.
So the Grand Salon ceiling is falling down so that the height can be raised.....it all makes sense now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Here in the US, we narrowly avoided a railroad strike just before the holidays. A rail strike would have been crippling since almost all goods are shipped by freight train at some point in the distribution process. The President forced both sides to abide by a contract that was negotiated in the fall (a President getting involved isn’t an unprecedented move...for example, Reagan fired striking air traffic controllers in the early 1980’s). I can’t imagine nurses or paramedics striking…that would be devastating! But you’re right…healthcare workers have been through so much over the last few years with COVID and are truly under appreciated in every way.
My sister has a very good friend who works for one of the railroads - in the fall, the engineers passed the contract but the conductors didn't (or it could have been the other way around). They were asking for like 1 or 2 sick days a year and the companies wouldn't give it to them. Many are up for retirement so I think (and it is only my opinion) a fallout will happen in spring or summer. I nothing to base my statement on.

For all my UK and EU tattlers - what would it take for the UK to rejoin the EU? Will it ever happen?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My sister has a very good friend who works for one of the railroads - in the fall, the engineers passed the contract but the conductors didn't (or it could have been the other way around). They were asking for like 1 or 2 sick days a year and the companies wouldn't give it to them. Many are up for retirement so I think (and it is only my opinion) a fallout will happen in spring or summer. I nothing to base my statement on.

For all my UK and EU tattlers - what would it take for the UK to rejoin the EU? Will it ever happen?
As much as it would be my wish to be a member of the EU again I think too many bridges have been burnt for that to happen any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Off topic: Don’t want to derail into politics, but when I was a kid, I was mesmerized by Reagan. He was like a “grandfather figure” to me…used to address the country pretty regularly on TV. He knew how to work the crowd on both sides of the aisle. He just seemed strong but approachable (from my childhood perspective) and I thought he was great. It wasn’t until I got older that I realized he did some things that really weren’t good and I saw him in a different light. Especially when it came to the early days of the AIDS crisis where he didn’t do much, if anything, about it (early on, due to his views about gay people).
Don't forget - divert funding from schools to the military.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
OMG so obvious that Mummy hates Tatty. Her look - causing Fanny to CUT at the point she announces that it is stuffed cabbage for dinner. (I have a sneaky feeling that Tatty makes it because Mummy hates it also). And her less than welcome to Tatty in her apartment when she arrived to enjoy an aperitif....OMG. No love lost I would say - but more Mummy than Tatty.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
YouTube recommended me this little gem.

Is this Andrew and Ricardo's true motive regarding getting close to Stephanie? LOL.
I'd be more worried about PhiPhimodo, that one would scalp her for the hair follicles alone.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.