The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am hoping…that the plant hire company LOXAM is also in France. Otherwise this 15 ton cherry picker has come from the uk…surely not.
My French is not good enough to search to see if it is a possible to hire from this company near Jarvis!?
Not to worry, we’re a diverse bunch. Here it is, though it is in French. My translator was uncooperative.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My aunt Martha used to make something she called Turkey Glacé -- layered turkey, gravy, stuffing and a generous coating of cranberry sauce, baked. Shepherd's pie, exactly, super delicious.
Ooh! 🤔 This is giving me ideas of a wind up of my brother in law (Gordon Ramsay Mk2).
Whether or not to mention at Christmas dinner that he uses the leftovers to make a kind of Shepherds pie or shall I wait and serve it up to him when it's my turn to cook....🤔
Decisions decisions 😡🤬😁🥴🦃

• Haha
Reactions: 17

View attachment 1760855

Stop the press! I can't believe he's doing... an original drawing!
View attachment 1760856
On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.
Order now for next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Only thing missing is the broken down car up on blocks out front!
View attachment 1760762
The busted old Jaguar was in the open hangar / Patreon dining room for years covered in peacock poop. Where is it now? Probably pulled over to Selmar’s wooded camper area or perhaps pushed into the partially dug hole of the natural swimming pond or maybe I’ve just figured out why no one is allowed in the chapel anymore. Out of sight out of mind.
🐆💩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I agree that the traditional Thanksgiving meal is presented poorly in the media. I know many households do the whole thing year and year out. Fortunately, my mother was a great cook and easily tired of the traditional feast. We would have ham, goose, fish, beef, etc. instead of turkey every year. Never had the green bean casserole for the simple reason that green beans are not in season in November! My family served local wild caught steelhead salmon for our main entree yesterday. Not a turkey leg in sight. No mashed potatoes, or god awful sweet potatoes with marshmallows. To each his own as this post may upset some 🤣. We will go to my brother's tomorrow to eat pumpkin pie kindly gifted by his lovely neighbor. 🥧 🐟

Dana was ridiculous long before she started vlogging. She should just stop and start a strapless party dress company instead. 👗
I think people are trying new things for their celebration. Just reading about some new vegetarians who managed to keep a lot of the white trash carb cookin' overload and June-Cleaver-cheese-for-fancy on their menu. Which sounds delicious:

Chipotle Mac and Cheese
Broccoli Cheddar Bake
Sichuan Blistered Green Beans
Low Country Field Peas and Rice
Stir Fried New Potatoes with Hot and Numbing Korean Spice
Stuffing
Mom's Apple Pie

Noticed a trend on lattice pies, to make the lattice strips two or three inches wide, so that three will cover your contents. Nice and modern looking, plenty o crust and far less labor.

My ideal menu remains the very pared down one my mother conjured up when she went on strike at age 80. She said, I've cooked two gigantic holiday meals a year for the last 60 years and I ain'ta gonta do it no moar. And, there will be no goddam vegetables.
Her two menus, of which we did all the cooking:

Roast Duck
Scalloped Oysters
Fresh Fruit Salad with Cooked Mustard, and Orange Zest Dressing*
Maida Heatter's Lemon Custard Tart

Roast Pork

Country Style Paté
Fresh Fruit Ditto*
Lemon Custard Ditto

She loved that pie. She'd condescend to stew down the duck carcass into a superlative soup.

And we'd do the traditional food we couldn't live without intermittently during autumn and winter -- her sweet potato casserole flavored with orange juice concentrate and a minimum of sugar; creamed onions; Brussels sprouts vinaigrette with roasted red peppers; stuffing and a big homemade giblet gravy, like quarts. Parsnips. Salsify if we could find it. Celeriac, etc.. For Christmas breakfast, an apricot compote with cranberries, and fresh grapefruit and orange segments; tangerine/cranberry juice; overnight cheese strata; oven bacon spirals. Apple pie with cheddar, if you please. Punkin pie.

And celery. I love celery. It's scrumptious raw and scrumptious in this delicious Jane Grigson soup. To die for with her equally delicious Burgundy walnut bread, from her immortal book, Good Things.

1 orange, seeded, peeled, quartered and cut into fan shapes
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup grapes
1 red apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup cherries
Mustard Sauce
1/2 c loosely packed dill sprigs
Combine fruit and Mustard Sauce in a large bowl, mix to coat all fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be made 1 day ahead). Before serving, garnish with dill.
Mustard Sauce
1/4 c dry mustard
1/2 c water
Zest of one orange, finely julienned
1/2 c cider vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
Juice of one orange, strained
Mix mustard and water together in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Set aside for at least one hour (no lie, don’t fail to do this). Combine zest, vinegar, sugar, salt and orange juice in a saucepan and boil for about 5 minutes. Add mustard to the syrup and stir while cooking until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
But I smell a rat as well as burning hair.
That heater was not one she bought from the UK…I am certain it is a French brand. She made a thing telling us she had a six month wait so bought them from the UK,,,, has Nathan had to tell her they are not fit for purpose
And when was the halll now dining room ever going to have a wood burner?

How much is it to rent a cherry picker that size for a few days and pay for that low loader to deliver and collect it.
Such a wwhhuge waste of patron money.
So that leaves a cream one for the marquis apartment and the blue one for her flue…

On a serious note. Squirrel is not kind he is manipulative and I would say he is coercing her.
She is utterly clueless and her mothers support is waning . He sees opportunities….
And telling staff what to eat and wear ,where and when.
Deciding on furniture and her father’s painting placement .
He is buying stuff .
He tells her whenever things should go .
He chooses what she wears down to her jewellery. He appears to be kind and considerate but he’s taking charge.
I don’t like him or what he is doing.
He's turning her into his grandmother... "You need your coat" He's creating a dependence on him..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Just have to ask, but, does any family in the USA really serve up sweet potatoes with mashmallows these days? TBH, just why would that combination have ever been added to any menu? 🤮
Yes, they do! Every single year- it's tradition! I always eat some to be polite, but yeah, it's a bit much. It, along with the green bean casserole, are two dishes I could forego. Mr. T Rex isn't a fan, and doesn't even go near them or stuffing. Don't get me wrong- I love Thanksgiving for the gathering of friends and family at a large table, but there is always far too much food and leftovers!

• Heart

Jun 28, 2022
Michelle Bennett
3 hours agoYou can now reuse all the bubble wrap and boxes from cadeau for the shop! Then people will be able to take their treasures home safely.

Hide reply

cDPJtC_54Kori5SaLvHokECA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Sweet Baby J
3 hours ago
Definitely keep for the chateau store. Lugging those beautiful breakable pieces home, I’m going to need all the help I can

@Madame de Pompanddoodoo Fret ye not Sweet Baby J Your mates from Tattle!and will give you a hand.

I‘d figured you out back in June which is strange for me as I’m not usually very astute.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Congratulations on your VIPness, @Beachgirl!!!
Since us Yankees are still kind of waddling around after Thanksgiving, your very special fish shack shin dig shall take place next week. Fish shack just outside the entrance of the VIP lounge, and to the left, bien sur. Sort of going for an Irish Sea/Goan beach rave trance dance vibe.

Irish Gewurtztraminer
Miller Lite, Kingfisher Beer
Grandmama's Receipt
Cashew Feni Punch

Goan Portuguese Linguiça Sausage Rolls
Goan Mango Chutney

Goan Fish Curry with Pollock, Coconut Milk, Chili, and Warming Masala Spice
Basmati Rice with Cilantro
Steven Reichlen’s Florida Slaw with Mango, Starfruit and Scotch Bonnet
Steven Reichlen’s Guava Cheesecake
Massado, Egg Flip Coffee with Brandy

Get out your tie-dyed sarongs and glow-in-the-dark lotus ear jackets, bitchaaz.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think that green bean casserole was part of that post war conspiracy by Campbell’s Soup and French’s to get you to buy all their nasty products for everyday use. While many like it, we never served it in our house. Sadly those vile congealed Jello, cream cheese and fruit cocktail salads were everywhere!
My mom was determined not to be like her mom (stayed home, cooked all meals from scratch) and wanted all the convenience items. I grew up on Cream of Mushroom soup and Velveeta, lol. And, I agree - massive marketing for these convenience items at that time.

And, my brother and I would FIGHT over the marshmallows on top of the disgusting sweet potatoes. I now love them but as a kid just wanted the toasted marshmallows. As a young, married cook I will admit that I made the things I grew up with. Green Bean Casserole, Velveeta Dip, Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes. As an experienced cook, it pains me that my family still wants those things. When I change/make it healthier they don't eat it as well. Sigh!

• Heart
  • Haha
That bed was made....... take a look when she is about to go out on that picker thingy - which was stupid by the way but ... hey, everything she does is stupid.
At 1: 39 on the latest CD vid. All planned out and contrived!
One of her Slaves must of made it. :rolleyes:
Wasn’t she wearing one of those puffer vests while sitting on her bed saying she had a cold?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.