The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, I guess Marie Wiik hasn't had time to update her YouTube properly as she's been busy. She's back in Norway, which I am highly in favor of (not that she asked me - LOL!). She informs her Instagram followers that she has taken an extra job at a florist and shows us a reet she made (I know, it's "wreath".....just pronouncing it as she does for old times' sake!). Funny, I don't consider Patreon a primary or non-extra job, but what do I know? Is she working elsewhere and I missed it?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.
I think we need to take a closer look at Michael’s lovely Christmas cards. He may be running a bit later the we originally thought.
D9E18B20-FF6C-44B2-B1AA-3BD47599048D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Well, I guess Marie Wiik hasn't had time to update her YouTube properly as she's been busy. She's back in Norway, which I am highly in favor of (not that she asked me - LOL!). She informs her Instagram followers that she has taken an extra job at a florist and shows us a reet she made (I know, it's "wreath".....just pronouncing it as she does for old times' sake!). Funny, I don't consider Patreon a primary or non-extra job, but what do I know? Is she working elsewhere and I missed it?
FRK is an enigma. Why, just at this very time last year, she was living off the generosity of Nikki in Haworth, in her own little shop (which I suspect Jill was renting to her for practically nothing), making her "wreats" for the locals... SMH, this girl is a lost cause! FRK produces very little content, never explains her actions, burns those who have tried to help her out, but wants the world to adore her and fund her lifestyle while she does f*ck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
we are not stupid...80 percent of the population is stupid...thats why they get away with it...and i cant stop it..no matter how hard i try...i forsee sovjet union times....empty stores..people in line for a few cans of food....flats without heating..huge prices....its not going to be pleasant..mark my words...but i am getting off topic..sorry for that..
I agree with you 100%!

Reactions: 16
I’ve never cared for that particular green bean casserole recipe (it’s ok, but not my favorite).

Off topic: I found this recipe and have made it for years…it’s so much better and everyone loves it! It’s too late for Thanksgiving, but it’s a good one for Christmas, too.

Green Bean Casserole

5 cans French style green beans (16 oz cans)
4 Tbs melted butter
3 or 4 Tbs flour
1 large tub (24 oz) and 1 small tub (16 oz) sour cream (NOT fat free)
12 ounces grated Swiss cheese
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp grated onion
3 cups cornflakes browned in 2 Tbs butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thoroughly drain green beans. In a large pot on the stove, make roux of butter, flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and onion. Take off heat. Stir in the sour cream. In a 9x13 casserole dish, layer green beans, Swiss cheese, then sour cream mixture. Layer again…green beans, Swiss cheese, then sour cream mixture. Top with browned cornflakes. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35-40 minutes. NOTE: the casserole can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake. Add the cornflakes right before baking.
This does sound yummy and I’m tempted to cook it for Christmas. How many people would this be for.

you know...here in The Netherlands we have a big issue about the invironment..farmers have to stop because there are too much pigs and cows.....its all about too much CO2 going up in the air...but...we have the formula one...with Max Verstappen..who makes 50 million a year...racing around for what??? having a huge CO2 outlet...nobody talks about that...no the cows are the problem....but farmers provide food.....the rulers of this world have gone mad...and it makes me furious that so many people are too stupid to understand that the foodproduction and energy are in serious problems......and all they think about is formula 1 and soccer... :eek: and how much they all enjoy it...totally nuts..
I think that about the formula 1 as well. How many of their fans bang on about saving the environment but are happy to go and watch the races. Next year they are increasing the number of races from 22 to 24.
Maybe they should switch to electric cars. Oh wait we already have it’s called Scalextric 🤷‍♀️😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
i just watched Dan and Amauries...well how shall i put it...insight manshealth vlog??

its obvious the all need a strong drink to get through the cadeauvlogs....quit an insult to all those people who send this crap...if you read here stop it...

Dan is not mentally stable..i guess we all knew that...i get the feeling he and annalise didnt talk much...untill it came to a breakdown...Dan surely regrets it...but stilll refuses to listen to his now ex wife..Amaury follows Herr Nasty like a puppy on a leash..and he likes it..stupid man..

the vlog gives a lott away..if you can bare to watch it for half an hour..

they all seem to depend on YT, instagram and all that tit..Dan says Google controles your life..well not my life..thats for sure..:rolleyes:

all in all this vlog gives us somthing to talk about ..the whole weekend...love to read your thoughts..
I got the impression that Anne Marie is not actually that sympathetic to mental health problems. He kept indicating he thinks the best thing to do is to put your worries out of your mind and charge on. Thought that sounded pretty insensitive. Sounds like Dan either brushed up or he was himself looking in to how to be happier. Both showed great disdain for filming the gift grab. I’m thinking it’s going to hurt some of the gift givers’ feelings. Anne Marie also indicated that he puts on a posh voice to pull chicks. Oh and he likes a partner who yells at him.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
The chateau was an absolute mess and Ami and the French Mr. Bean made no effort whatsoever to clean it up. Why would anyone want to showcase this pigsty on their vlog?

Ami, clean your house!
4875C96E-7596-4CF9-A7F3-8A9385D0A874.png

4627F016-6A9F-421F-BF4D-6AF9386B9B43.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In defense of (sort of but not really) the Thanksgiving green bean casserole.... I think for a lot of people it is more about the nostalgia and childhood memories than anything else. My annual "Friendsgiving" is a pretty loosely structured free-for-all, but the only hard and fast rule is that if you have a particular favorite dish that really defines the holiday for you, then make it and bring it, and nobody is allowed to food shame. My dearest friend of thirty years makes that damn green bean casserole every year because it evokes one of the few happy family memories he has. His birth family has been severely fractured by some pretty intolerant homophobic/transphobic attitudes that tend to boil over after a few cocktails, so he no longer attends their celebration. But it makes all of us happy that he has found a way to hold on to one cherished childhood memory and it still brings him joy as he celebrates with his new chosen family. I went out on a limb this year and tried a small portion, which absolutely delighted him. Y'know, with a bucket of gravy and a lot of cracked pepper it's not too bad!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
off topic but I am in TSD forget the post it is happening now, for many years my christmas cakes was a one kilo ernest adams iced cake. NO longer producing closed down. Refuse to pay the $15 ofr the 350g boxed type from bakery I dont know. Best friend absolutly fabulous cook had a catering business and resturant for many years gave me her fail safe christmas cake receipe, from the girl guides booklet circa 1967.

Time to be a big girl she says, today was the day one hour preparing been in oven 2 half hours opened door (it not a sponge) she said a 20cm tin I put in a larger one has had a lot, as it has risen globed over sides burning on oven floor and it is still a googy syodge in tin with black top.

Put a brown paper bag on top (I know this) asked partner why they never told me oven letting of a burning smell. Reply Well its so normal with you didnt think anything of it.

Advice please obviously no Christmas cake to solve this, should I set up a go fund me page to afford an expensive large boxed cake $60, or should I get my blue Iphone out and start screamimg and flapping about as I talk to my cat and show you my garden, get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???

Kind words from fellow tattlers might also help

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I got the impression that Anne Marie is not actually that sympathetic to mental health problems. He kept indicating he thinks the best thing to do is to put your worries out of your mind and charge on. Thought that sounded pretty insensitive. Sounds like Dan either brushed up or he was himself looking in to how to be happier. Both showed great disdain for filming the gift grab. I’m thinking it’s going to hurt some of the gift givers’ feelings. Anne Marie also indicated that he puts on a posh voice to pull chicks. Oh and he likes a partner who yells at him.
I can't stand AnneMarie. He's a first rate ass. I watched about 15 seconds of that vlog with the sound turned off as usual. It's vulgar to be talking and eating at the same time. He's vulgar. He has no class. He's a trilobite, a neanderthal, uncouth, a cad. In my book he's worse than Michael P. and in many ways worse than Phyllis. I hope he goes down with the ship. He's smug too. Did I say I don't like him? I wish they would make some rude emojis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Congratulations to our newest VIP, @Beachgirl !!! (Tosses key 🗝 to the VIP Tattle Beach Resort in Maldives.)🍾🥂
The treats keep coming. 😂😂

😂 😂 😂 I know @Beachgirl has the rights to next 🧵 title, but here is a contender for a future one, courtesy of our @Patriciarella, who slays me every day: "When I become VIP I want to be allowed to burn the pillow with Snorty’s face on it. 🔥"
Oh yes I agree, I’d never come up with anything to match @Patriciarella 👏

• Heart
  • Haha
I think people are trying new things for their celebration. Just reading about some new vegetarians who managed to keep a lot of the white trash carb cookin' overload and June-Cleaver-cheese-for-fancy on their menu. Which sounds delicious:

Chipotle Mac and Cheese
Broccoli Cheddar Bake
Sichuan Blistered Green Beans
Low Country Field Peas and Rice
Stir Fried New Potatoes with Hot and Numbing Korean Spice
Stuffing
Mom's Apple Pie

Noticed a trend on lattice pies, to make the lattice strips two or three inches wide, so that three will cover your contents. Nice and modern looking, plenty o crust and far less labor.

My ideal menu remains the very pared down one my mother conjured up when she went on strike at age 80. She said, I've cooked two gigantic holiday meals a year for the last 60 years and I ain'ta gonta do it no moar. And, there will be no goddam vegetables.
Her two menus, of which we did all the cooking:

Roast Duck
Scalloped Oysters
Fresh Fruit Salad with Cooked Mustard, and Orange Zest Dressing*
Maida Heatter's Lemon Custard Tart

Roast Pork

Country Style Paté
Fresh Fruit Ditto*
Lemon Custard Ditto

She loved that pie. She'd condescend to stew down the duck carcass into a superlative soup.

And we'd do the traditional food we couldn't live without intermittently during autumn and winter -- her sweet potato casserole flavored with orange juice concentrate and a minimum of sugar; creamed onions; Brussels sprouts vinaigrette with roasted red peppers; stuffing and a big homemade giblet gravy, like quarts. Parsnips. Salsify if we could find it. Celeriac, etc.. For Christmas breakfast, an apricot compote with cranberries, and fresh grapefruit and orange segments; tangerine/cranberry juice; overnight cheese strata; oven bacon spirals. Apple pie with cheddar, if you please. Punkin pie.

And celery. I love celery. It's scrumptious raw and scrumptious in this delicious Jane Grigson soup. To die for with her equally delicious Burgundy walnut bread, from her immortal book, Good Things.

1 orange, seeded, peeled, quartered and cut into fan shapes
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup grapes
1 red apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup cherries
Mustard Sauce
1/2 c loosely packed dill sprigs
Combine fruit and Mustard Sauce in a large bowl, mix to coat all fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be made 1 day ahead). Before serving, garnish with dill.
Mustard Sauce
1/4 c dry mustard
1/2 c water
Zest of one orange, finely julienned
1/2 c cider vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
Juice of one orange, strained
Mix mustard and water together in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Set aside for at least one hour (no lie, don’t fail to do this). Combine zest, vinegar, sugar, salt and orange juice in a saucepan and boil for about 5 minutes. Add mustard to the syrup and stir while cooking until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate.
Anyone for pie?!?

D7E0D740-1225-4376-AC39-A36A9425B060.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Congratulations on your VIPness, @Beachgirl!!!
Since us Yankees are still kind of waddling around after Thanksgiving, your very special fish shack shin dig shall take place next week. Fish shack just outside the entrance of the VIP lounge, and to the left, bien sur. Sort of going for an Irish Sea/Goan beach rave trance dance vibe.

Irish Gewurtztraminer
Miller Lite, Kingfisher Beer
Grandmama's Receipt
Cashew Feni Punch

Goan Portuguese Linguiça Sausage Rolls
Goan Mango Chutney

Goan Fish Curry with Pollock, Coconut Milk, Chili, and Warming Masala Spice
Basmati Rice with Cilantro
Steven Reichlen’s Florida Slaw with Mango, Starfruit and Scotch Bonnet
Steven Reichlen’s Guava Cheesecake
Massado, Egg Flip Coffee with Brandy

Get out your tie-dyed sarongs and glow-in-the-dark lotus ear jackets, bitchaaz.
There goes my pre Christmas diet 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.