Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RWChatter

Chatty Member
Sadly, Phi Phi only has the upper body strength to life a manicure board or casserole dish. Anything heavier, and he will have the vapours and must retire to his lady desk room for several hours to regain his strength.
Oh Gracie! Why do you say upper body strength in relation to PhiPhi!? Such a thing does not exist!! Bleech! 😝😉🤢

Not a single damn word about Advent! It was a real pleasure though to have only a glimpse of the Twink queen near the end. If only it would stay that way. He offers nothing. Waste of space.
By the way why were they eating back in the red dining room????? The Chatelaine is messing with footage. Are they already gone on another holiday? Stiges perhaps ????????
Not Stephending, but her “Advent” vlogs always start December 1st. Not about tradition, it’s YouTube revenue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Everyone on their best behaviour please. England v USA kicks off in 7 minutes.
No rude chants from the terraces please and certainly no name calling😉 ⚽⚽
Best of luck to both teams

• Heart
  • Haha

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Last thread went so fast. My take on Thanksgiving. Starts with I'm so sick, I am staying in bed.... Then climbs out the window to get closer to Amore and Maria. Because she needed to share her cold/covid fungalitis ...... Its a miracle she's better running down the stairs to get the rest of the people sick. Two hams....no turkey... What kind of American Thanksgiving was that??? Green bean casserole made me laugh... And the whole climbing out the window onto the picker.... Just waiting for an accident. Not a brain to share among them.
'I am so sick, I'm staying in bed' routine . . . it is so obviously contrived.
When I'm sick in bed my hair is not carefully combed and waved.
It's usually filthy and sticking out all over the place.

I think they now discuss scenarios for vlogs.
'You do this . . . I'll do that . . . great idea, you get in the cherry picker . . . film Philip at the attic window . . .blah blah.'
It is so staged.

And her voice of astonished wonder when she spoke about the dessert. Insert eye roll.

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Davy's back.

It must be cold everywhere else in the farmhouse that Davy chooses to work in the same room as they are filming the gift grab.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
]
Where is Davy and all the bulbs they were going to plant ( now that I wrote this, expect a Davy video)?
Several times Tattle said: "Jump !" and Sj asked: "How high ?" that's right. Keeping that in mind, it's even more significant that she hasn't filmed Davy in a long time, because we've been asking where he's gone for a long time.

• Wow
  • Heart

banshee ob

Thank you all for the kind get well wishes. It's been rough but I'm on the mend. You certainly have cheered me up :)

Deepest condolences to you @JackSpratt on your loss.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
I agree, wholeheartedly with you.
I initially studied in the UK, garden and landscaping design - physical hard landscaping included, which I loved!
Worked on a few gardens featured within the most prestigious UK gardening TV shows, e.g. Chelsea, Hampton Court etc.
Then, plants and planting designs, i.e. soft landscaping - including learning CAD for demonstrating to clients the overall impact, including 3D demonstration.
And, finally, garden history - which was my absolute favourite element of everything I ever learnt. Just so truly fascinating as it covered history, religion, traditions, cultures, industrial advances and social history from the medieval era right up to present day.
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter

• Haha
  • Heart

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
View attachment 1761442
Nicky L
4 hours ago
I don't understand why in a French chateau with a British doyenne. They celebrate an american holiday but skip many of their own traditions. I would much rather watch something and learn about less known traditions and not something that is appropriated. Also lets not forget the problematic side of thanksgiving and the colonisation by the Brits and the French (among others). So them to celebrate thanksgiving is grotesque.
I find it amusing folks are up in arms about the shitalaine "celebrating" American Thanksgiving. The only American thing about it was 3 of the attendees and the date the vlog aired. It was just another meal to her - no sentiment or gratitude whatsoever. Those that are upset should be happy she hasn't appropriated, butchered, and exploited their holidays and monetized them for her own personal gain.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jules100

VIP Member
On sale starting Monday, November 28? That’s cutting it pretty close for anyone wanting to mail Christmas cards. But, that’s typical for Michael…waiting to the last minute. I mean, he’s had all year to put together Christmas cards to sell. It’s not like he was working on a lot of videos or anything like that! Anyone who orders those cards is taking a risk to get them in time to send out…he has to print them, package them, and then mail them…so I’d say it’s at least a week turnaround time, minimum, to receive an order. Once again, a missed opportunity.
I think we need to take a closer look at Michael’s lovely Christmas cards. He may be running a bit later the we originally thought.
D9E18B20-FF6C-44B2-B1AA-3BD47599048D.jpeg

• Haha

Madame No

VIP Member
Yes Definitely “trouble at mill tonight”. Everybody busy doing things except for PhiPhi who was nowhere in sight all day. Then he appears for a couple of minutes with a face like thunder and disappears before they have even eaten their dinner. Hahaha I just wish he would fuck right off in a fit of pique but he won’t. And when is that panelling ever going to be started 18 months and still nothing has happened to those walls.
I don't think the paneling in The Big Room is going to happen at all. It's going upstairs in Fanny's boudoir with the higher ceilings. I think we are going to have many vlogs about wallpaper AGAIN!

• Haha

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
I always wondered if one of the reasons Michael had stayed away from the Shito was Phillip. Of course, he has multiple other excuses to not be there but, now he says he'll be back so???? Didn't see hide nor HAIR of philleep in The Petherick's latest vlog. Perhaps that is good news for the holidays. Michael is coming back and Philip is gone. A Holiday miracle!!!
My feeling is the access to unlimited booze.....

View attachment 1770393

What is the thing I've circled in red? Any ideas?
Looks like spare flexibl flue hose?
Maybe Phi Phi has had colonic irrigation 🤣

• Haha

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
The fact he only said the Floor Scrubber’s name and never said the Gay Twink’s name speaks volumes. Love it love it love it!!!!!!!
EDBAA8E7-7910-444D-914D-DE6FA6F2BE9F.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Madame No

VIP Member
From what I took on board from a couple of the vlogs in connection with a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, absolutely everything appeared to be highly spiced to the hilt with cinnamon etc (which I am not a fan of outside of small amounts of mince pies/puddings/Christmas cake), especially not veg - and then everything else with huge amounts of butter/sugar/honey coated and roasted to hell. :sick:
I agree that the traditional Thanksgiving meal is presented poorly in the media. I know many households do the whole thing year and year out. Fortunately, my mother was a great cook and easily tired of the traditional feast. We would have ham, goose, fish, beef, etc. instead of turkey every year. Never had the green bean casserole for the simple reason that green beans are not in season in November! My family served local wild caught steelhead salmon for our main entree yesterday. Not a turkey leg in sight. No mashed potatoes, or god awful sweet potatoes with marshmallows. To each his own as this post may upset some 🤣. We will go to my brother's tomorrow to eat pumpkin pie kindly gifted by his lovely neighbor. 🥧 🐟

Looks like we won't have the honor of seeing Phi Phi's epic fight with turkey fillets and mashed potatoes.
I am deeply disappointed.
Dana also became ridiculous with the postponement of her culinary achievements.
Dana was ridiculous long before she started vlogging. She should just stop and start a strapless party dress company instead. 👗

• Haha
  • Heart
I think people are trying new things for their celebration. Just reading about some new vegetarians who managed to keep a lot of the white trash carb cookin' overload and June-Cleaver-cheese-for-fancy on their menu. Which sounds delicious:

Chipotle Mac and Cheese
Broccoli Cheddar Bake
Sichuan Blistered Green Beans
Low Country Field Peas and Rice
Stir Fried New Potatoes with Hot and Numbing Korean Spice
Stuffing
Mom's Apple Pie

Noticed a trend on lattice pies, to make the lattice strips two or three inches wide, so that three will cover your contents. Nice and modern looking, plenty o crust and far less labor.

My ideal menu remains the very pared down one my mother conjured up when she went on strike at age 80. She said, I've cooked two gigantic holiday meals a year for the last 60 years and I ain'ta gonta do it no moar. And, there will be no goddam vegetables.
Her two menus, of which we did all the cooking:

Roast Duck
Scalloped Oysters
Fresh Fruit Salad with Cooked Mustard, and Orange Zest Dressing*
Maida Heatter's Lemon Custard Tart

Roast Pork

Country Style Paté
Fresh Fruit Ditto*
Lemon Custard Ditto

She loved that pie. She'd condescend to stew down the duck carcass into a superlative soup.

And we'd do the traditional food we couldn't live without intermittently during autumn and winter -- her sweet potato casserole flavored with orange juice concentrate and a minimum of sugar; creamed onions; Brussels sprouts vinaigrette with roasted red peppers; stuffing and a big homemade giblet gravy, like quarts. Parsnips. Salsify if we could find it. Celeriac, etc.. For Christmas breakfast, an apricot compote with cranberries, and fresh grapefruit and orange segments; tangerine/cranberry juice; overnight cheese strata; oven bacon spirals. Apple pie with cheddar, if you please. Punkin pie.

And celery. I love celery. It's scrumptious raw and scrumptious in this delicious Jane Grigson soup. To die for with her equally delicious Burgundy walnut bread, from her immortal book, Good Things.

1 orange, seeded, peeled, quartered and cut into fan shapes
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup grapes
1 red apple, cored and cut into bite-sized wedges
1 cup cherries
Mustard Sauce
1/2 c loosely packed dill sprigs
Combine fruit and Mustard Sauce in a large bowl, mix to coat all fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be made 1 day ahead). Before serving, garnish with dill.
Mustard Sauce
1/4 c dry mustard
1/2 c water
Zest of one orange, finely julienned
1/2 c cider vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
Juice of one orange, strained
Mix mustard and water together in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Set aside for at least one hour (no lie, don’t fail to do this). Combine zest, vinegar, sugar, salt and orange juice in a saucepan and boil for about 5 minutes. Add mustard to the syrup and stir while cooking until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate.
Anyone for pie?!?

D7E0D740-1225-4376-AC39-A36A9425B060.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
But I smell a rat as well as burning hair.
That heater was not one she bought from the UK…I am certain it is a French brand. She made a thing telling us she had a six month wait so bought them from the UK,,,, has Nathan had to tell her they are not fit for purpose
And when was the halll now dining room ever going to have a wood burner?

How much is it to rent a cherry picker that size for a few days and pay for that low loader to deliver and collect it.
Such a wwhhuge waste of patron money.
So that leaves a cream one for the marquis apartment and the blue one for her flue…

On a serious note. Squirrel is not kind he is manipulative and I would say he is coercing her.
She is utterly clueless and her mothers support is waning . He sees opportunities….
And telling staff what to eat and wear ,where and when.
Deciding on furniture and her father’s painting placement .
He is buying stuff .
He tells her whenever things should go .
He chooses what she wears down to her jewellery. He appears to be kind and considerate but he’s taking charge.
I don’t like him or what he is doing.
He's turning her into his grandmother... "You need your coat" He's creating a dependence on him..

• Haha
  • Sick

Lady Di

If it's so warm in the HMN, why is everyone wearing lots of layers, sweaters, down vests, etc.? They aren't dressing like it's really warm....

• Haha
  • Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Did no one point out that fanny only helped with setting the table? She had no idea what was being cooked? Wtf did she do all day? Lay in bed, only get out to film.

No one point out that Queen Phillipa is wearing gloves inside? I guess the other woodburners hasn't been installed!

A toasty room when she was stepping out? There was no longer a fire burning and when there is no fire going, I bet it gets cold quick there since she did say that there is a draft from one end to another in the enfilade. Liiiiiiies!
SHE WAS EDITING ALL DAY!!!!!!!
Seriously, to hear her talk that's all she does all day.
She edits to live and lives to edit.
I don't buy it for a second.

• Haha
  • Heart