The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we been diverted. This thread is CD one, should the chat about the Trotters and MPK be directed to the Pethericks thread instead.
I don't think that the two threads are working - Lalande and the Trotters are so intertwined that there will always be an overlap. It's difficult when you respond to a comment and can't quote from one thread into another. In the same way the other chateaus pop up here. I can't see how practical it is to maintain two separate threads and suggest that anyone who doesn't want to read Trotter related posts will need to scroll past.
As far as I know there is no way to edit the threads and move them across, so it's all one great tangle across 19 CD threads .

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I don't think that the two threads are working - Lalande and the Trotters are so intertwined that there will always be an overlap. It's difficult when you respond to a comment and can't quote from one thread into another. In the same way the other chateaus pop up here. I can't see how practical it is to maintain two separate threads and suggest that anyone who doesn't want to read Trotter related posts will need to scroll past.
As far as I know there is no way to edit the threads and move them across, so it's all one great tangle across 19 CD threads .

I agree, I never think of going to the other thread. The CD and PETHRICK's are like a symbiotic relationship they go together like Fortnum and Mason 🤪

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
The problem is there is just not enough to say about the trotters. And I think for the better part of 19 threads it’s been tried and failed so totally agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Depression or conman?
I think Micheal is depressed of course , he’s sensitive, artistic and I would say a bit highly strung. He needs to get help , but he needs support of his friends and family.
I was a very depressed lost party boy, stuck in the middle of nowhere stuck in a rut.... I used to hit the party scene in various European cities and have massive blow outs . I had therapy and eventually addiction clinics .... sober now , moved to London leading the life I wanted to and used my talents to set up
2 business and settle down .
i feel he is having his soul crushed in the middle of nowhere and hits the self destruct button as soon as it feels a bit overwhelmed.he’s got plenty of talent i would not deny that........ but all this chateau bandwagon is just too much for him ..
Put the begging bowl away , use your actual talents and stop selling your soul to the devil for some greasy dollars...... go and get a job away from the family and vlogs...... you need to be what you want to be not what others want ..... he looks dead behind the eyes
Try and safe what very little dignity you have left

• Heart
Reactions: 21
We're halfway through a thread. Can I suggest a poll that runs until the end of this thread to get a consensus of opinions.
How about a vote? That way everyone gets a chance to have their say.

Independent Threads for the chateaux. Vote :ROFLMAO:

Combined thread for all chateaux. :mad:

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I think Micheal is depressed of course , he’s sensitive, artistic and I would say a bit highly strung. He needs to get help , but he needs support of his friends and family.
I was a very depressed lost party boy, stuck in the middle of nowhere stuck in a rut.... I used to hit the party scene in various European cities and have massive blow outs . I had therapy and eventually addiction clinics .... sober now , moved to London leading the life I wanted to and used my talents to set up
2 business and settle down .
i feel he is having his soul crushed in the middle of nowhere and hits the self destruct button as soon as it feels a bit overwhelmed.he’s got plenty of talent i would not deny that........ but all this chateau bandwagon is just too much for him ..
Put the begging bowl away , use your actual talents and stop selling your soul to the devil for some greasy dollars...... go and get a job away from the family and vlogs...... you need to be what you want to be not what others want ..... he looks dead behind the eyes
Try and safe what very little dignity you have left
I know people who are diagnosed as being clinically depressed. I am not sure he has been. If he has I apologise, but being a bit fed up with life is not one and the same thing. Pretty much everyone I know is more than a bit fed up with life at the moment in the middle of a pandemic. I agree that he is probably fed up with living in the arse end of nowhere. But he made that choice to go and live there. Or was it just a chance to go and live rent free and wing it for a while. I guess a lot of people might think that was a plan & I suppose we all want to run away sometimes. But he is not a teenager any more. He is a 35 year old man. He has hung around with a 45 year old big baby for too long & the trouble is with big babies is that they need someone to look after them. Life isn't all fun & games. It involves work & taking responsibility for yourself & not constantly expecting someone to pick up after you. I don't begrudge anyone having a lovely life if they have earned their cash, but I resent those people who have sponged off others for so long that they cannot see any other way of life but to carry on doing that. There is dignity of labour & a sense of well being comes from being able to provide and look after yourself in life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
We're halfway through a thread. Can I suggest a poll that runs until the end of this thread to get a consensus of opinions.
How about a vote?

Independent Threads for the chateaux. Vote :ROFLMAO:

Combined thread for all chateaux. :mad:
I'll take that as a spoiled ballot paper @Marquis de Potpourri :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree that he is probably fed up with living in the arse end of nowhere. But he made that choice to go and live there. Or was it just a chance to go and live rent free and wing it for a while.
Or was he running away from people with dodgy hair extensions and partly installed Agas?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Agree with all of the above!

I wonder if Stephanie is aware she was being used as a beard?

Ma Petherick has been key in promoting the fantasy of Michael and Stephanie being a couple.
This was her post on his birthday 🙄

View attachment 449212

She knows. This isnt her first bearding. She's 45 not 12. She only acts 12 to get people to take care of her. Most hetro men aren't going to put up with her for long.
Edit for the flying monkeys: hetro men in a relationship sleeping in the same bed day after day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Ma Petherick has been key in promoting the fantasy of Michael and Stephanie being a couple.

View attachment 449212

were we ever so young? That was hilarious then, but it seems pathological now. Ma Trotter has been somewhat instrumental in his public image going south with her heavy handed social media presence. Promoting a fake relationship for her gay son, starting facebook wars and deleting comments on youtube rather than answering simple questions. As far as I can see, she and Sadie are the only ones who don't have jobs to do. Idle minds and all that. If she was a good stage mother she'd encourage them to sit down at a big dinner table and have a brutal televised conversation about how they're all going stop diluting their content and work together as a family to keep their 226k subscriber channel growing and paying everyone's bills. Yes, even you Ryan, but you can keep your unwatchable channel. She obviously doesn't trust Michael to do it alone and I LIKE the dynamic the three Petherick men have with each other now that they aren't so self conscious in front of the camera.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also anyone can pick up a phone and make a video, but not everyone can make a living off of it... that is precisely what makes it a job and not a hobby.

"And the viewers do nothing while they're watching her doing nothing and gain nothing from the videos showing SJ doing nothing."

Just because nothing of value is created doesn't mean it's not a job.
Being a YouTuber isn't a job, whether one makes money at it or not. Does a woman have a job if he receives money in the street? YouTubers aren't employed by YouTube and there is no employment contract or a regular salary. You will tell me that it's not a 'job' in the traditional sense of the word. Let's say for argument's sake that you're right and she is doing a 'job'... well, she's not very good at it, is she? You yourself have complained about the poor content: "The latest vlog is so boring, the extra Patreon videos are too." That is what you wrote, isn't it? So, not only is she unable to get a job in the traditional sense of the word (principally because she's lazy and doesn't want to work), but she's also not particularly good at her YouTube 'job' (for the same reasons). The truth is that she is - like all the other scroungers (Ryan, the Pethericks, etc.) - an indolent and talentless individual who has found a way to scrounge off other people and possibly avoid/evade tax. At best she's a charity case.

Reactions: 12
As far as I can see, he hasn't actually trained to do anything! (I may be wrong.). It appears that he sets himself as an expert hairdresser, makeup artist, textile designer, antique restorer, builder, media consultant, chef, historian, film-maker to name but a few but fails miserably at it all.
I think you are right.

Its hilarious when he’s an expert in history and dispenses historical tid bits.
Remember at cadeaux at the chateau, when he told everyone, with some authority, the mini plates for teabags were samples from a travelling peddler’s chest of wares. From what time period? The Olden Days?
Those of us with history degrees are cringing in laughter, keep it up Michael!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Re Trotter: When he was working for A&D how did he get paid through their business without a french bank account? Cash?
In one of the earlier threads his drug background and depression was hypothosised.
The reason it was originally agreed to keep trotters and ryan off this thread is that they were not of intetest and they use comments originally about others to make claims of bullying. Actually discussing them gives them more ammunition to use on their vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Splitting up the ad revenue from a channel and duties like editing without anyone getting butt hurt would be a diplomatic nightmare. It already occurred. That's why Billy started his own channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re Trotter: When he was working for A&D how did he get paid through their business without a french bank account? Cash?
In one of the earlier threads his drug background and depression was hypothosised.
The reason it was originally agreed to keep trotters and ryan off this thread is that they were not of intetest and they use comments originally about others to make claims of bullying. Actually discussing them gives them more ammunition to use on their vlogs.
While I agree with you @Rory, in practical terms it just isn't working out that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It certainly does, well snooped. Have you got the rest of the listing? I don't even know what the manor house is called.
This is the manor house. There are a ton of videos of his fishing lake on youtube by vacationers, but I can't remember his last name now. It's somewhere in the tattle past.
564654.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4

View attachment 449212

From "Women Pay in 'Bearded' Relationships":

"To be a beard for a man who cannot live out his authentic sexuality, either because of his own “stuff” or because of societal pressures, denies a woman her right to a full partnership. It compartmentalizes a relationship in an oppressive way, even if the woman chooses it knowingly and benefits through financial support, social prestige or respite from loneliness.

Spiritual writer M. Scott Peck defines mental health as “an ongoing process of dedication to reality at all costs.”

Society has extracted great costs from women and men who openly live their gay and lesbian reality. This has allowed the beard phenomenon to prosper, covering up the fact that some men commit to men, and some women commit to women, and these relationships can be as strong and fulfilling as the best conventional marriages.

Being a beard forces a woman to live a lie. This lie has the potential to hurt many others, including children, in-laws and friends. It also lets society off the hook."

Reactions: 4
From what time period? The Olden Days?
Those of us with history degrees are cringing in laughter, keep it up Michael!
The Olden Days - brilliant! It's the same when SJ goes into tour-guide mode. Her voice changes and she is obviously reading from a script, having mugged up quickly from a few coffee table books.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

View attachment 449212

Snap out of it, Ma Petherick or I'll slap you silly!
the-mans-as-gay-as-a-picnic-basket.jpg

(and before anyone gets offended, for Sophia Petrillo that's a compliment.) 😘 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.