The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maria seems very sensible. I suspect she'll get the hell out of there. Anyway, once their B&B is closed for the season then theoretically her work is done.
At that point Phillipa takes over. I bought a copy of larousse gastronomique this afternoon. I'm may gift it to him 😁
Maria does seem sensible, but I wouldn't count on her "getting the hell out of there". She comes back to Lalande, again and again and again. She's one of them, apparently.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm getting vibes of the film Clue with Tim Curry racing around. A firm family favourite.
I'm going for a Cross between Knives Out and Gosford Park - with snippets of Clue, Rocky Horror, Keeping Mum, Murder by Death and Scary Movie 2 thrown in for good measure. The book could also include a homage to The Pit and the Pendulum in honor of Henri the Ghost. The works of Fred Vargas and Agatha Christie are also an inspiration.

The book will be dedicated to our small corner of Tattle. All ideas welcome.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Perhaps someone familiar with French fire safety rules or perhaps a visitor to Lalande could answer my question which occurred to me while I stayed in a period house last weekend for a wedding because they didn't have a plan of the building showing fire exit route on the inside of my bedroom door. Is this a requirement in France and does SJ comply?
I can only recall seeing those fire exit signs in hotels in France, not in B&Bs such as the HMN.

Reactions: 6
If @Isabelle6541 had any backbone at all he/she would return to tattle to reveal the reasoning behind his/her subterfuge and what he/she personally gained from it. Unless they believe they have outwitted Tattlers and that therein is their prize. (that sounded all Shakespeare ish didn't it?) Personally I think they are just another Walter Mitty, a fantasist. Their story has no end. They are hidden behind a false identity so they have nothing to lose by explaing their actions. It might actually be interesting or just another sad wannabee.

Isabelle is still amongst us - don't worry. She's just another person for the time being. Upon reflection the online schizophrenia is quite amusing.

Reactions: 21
I honestly don't feel it is simply a case of older people, I personally know quite a few young people who are already hoarders.
I am around the same age as you and when I downsized last year, I emptied out a huge house of some fabulously pristine/expensive/vintage/
collectible items, most of which I had bought or had been gifted throughout my life, BUT, I had never ever actually used. But, because it was a huge house, it never appeared cluttered or in any sense on the hoarder spectrum. I took me months to either sell/gift to others and/or donate. AND, the reward was that I made well in excess of £15,000 in the process. Great result from just stuff that was sitting around in my last home.
Let alone what the charities gained from my donations too!
My new home is 100% minimalistic and I am extremely happy with that - less cleaning etc. :D
Apart from family photos. Most of which I have written on the reverse as to who they are in my family's history, simply so that my son will have a record of his ancestors whenever he feels old enough to delve into that for himself. ❤
That's even worse. They hold onto it all into their old age until they die and leave so much for their children and loved ones to deal with. You can hoard all your life but I was talking about me.
Im not an extreme horder on TV and I dont want to be one!
Im trying to be proactive. Im just saying old people can take a note to TV hoarders.
NO one.
NO one Is taking anything with them. If anything watching extreme hoarders has taught me a lot . Hoarding doesn't mean extreme Hoarding. It means holding to tit you're never gonna take with you. I don't care who you are. That is the first thing they need to undeerstand.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
You are lucky. In the UK most private dentists will not accept patients unless they see their dentist every six month and the hygienist at that appointment also. Otherwise, they are not interested. After some treatment, I had a clean bill of health from mine and the receptionist tried to make my next appointment for four and a half months hence. When I questioned it, she said appointments ran from the beginning of the last treatment, not the end. Having said that, my dentist did turn out at his surgery on Christmas Eve to fix a broken filling for me as I was in sudden absolute agony. This was seven years ago. I was charged £120.00 call out (he lived two minutes from the surgery) and over £300.00 for the filling. (His wife stood in for the dental nurse). I was in so much pain I would have paid anything.
I am in the UK.
But, have been with my dentist for the past 20 years at least and he is fabulous and as an NHS patient too.
Luckily, if I ever need private treatment, he will do that too, e.g. procelaine crowns, as down the years it appears that I have always ground my teeth at night. He actually admitted to me that he had never had a patient who required crowns when their teeth were so healthy. I would literally wake up and chunks of my molars would be missing scenario!
But, for simple regular check ups, those are always done via the NHS route. Best of both worlds.
Unlike your guy, whenever I do have an emergency, he fits me in immediately the same day. Fortunately for me, treatment on Christmas Eve has never arisen. ❤

That's even worse. They hold onto it all into their old age until they die and leave so much for their children and loved ones to deal with. You can hoard all your life but I was talking about me.
Im trying to be proactive. Im just saying old people can take a note to TV hoarders.
NO one.
NO one Is taking anything with them. If anything watching extreme hoarders has taught me a lot . Hoarding doesn't mean extreme Hoarding. It means holding to tit you're never gonna take with you. I don't care who you are. That is the first thing they need to understand.
not even a peanut

Reactions: 1
Modern day Madame sounds like ma’am to me. It’s a shock when the term is directed your way and realize OMG they are talking to me!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
when I die Im gonna flip half a peanut to someone's hand but tonight. I'm going to fall asleep to "Nights In Rodanthe". I have spent so many summers on Mirlo Beach SC...This house has already had to be moved

Reactions: 1
NO one.
NO one Is taking anything with them. If anything watching extreme hoarders has taught me a lot . Hoarding doesn't mean extreme Hoarding. It means holding to tit you're never gonna take with you. I don't care who you are. That is the first thing they need to undeerstand.
I 100% agree with you, absolutely no-one on this earth can take anything with them, end of story!

Reactions: 2
I think it's an honorific even for single ladies of a certain age?
Possibly, I know in English “Mrs” was an honorific for female supervisors in certain positions no matter marital status. I’ve just never come across such in French.

I believe that French feminists have successfully lobbied for legally to abolish the title Mademoiselle, so every female regardless of age and civil status is titled Madame.
But wouldn’t they take Mademoiselle off the forms then?

Reactions: 4
Maria seems very sensible. I suspect she'll get the hell out of there. Anyway, once their B&B is closed for the season then theoretically her work is done.
At that point Phillipa takes over. I bought a copy of larousse gastronomique this afternoon. I'm may gift it to him 😁
:ROFLMAO: Begins with F and ends with off.! You just made me spit out my wine with laughter.
Yes, I agree, Maria, appears to me to be the only "sane" current inhabitant at the HMN too. She defo needs to get herself out of the HMN and home asap for her own sanity!

I suspect Dan and Gardeners, Amaury and Nic are all paid from Patreon and I bet Fanny gives herself and Phi Phi a salary too
I absolutely agree with you.
BUT, if SJ is doing so, then aren't they employees within her Patreon/Association account? IDK?
Or, are they just self-employed but being paid via her Patreon account?
Therefore, who is really self-employed OR, employed by the HMN?
That Is the real question here in connection with French Employment Laws, isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm dying!!! Could it be the recent photos posted here of the shoddy decorating job she's done in the Loo? I'm suspecting other reported "mistakes" will be corrected....too funny! :p :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm going for a Cross between Knives Out and Gosford Park - with snippets of Clue, Rocky Horror, Keeping Mum, Murder by Death and Scary Movie 2 thrown in for good measure. The book could also include a homage to The Pit and the Pendulum in honor of Henri the Ghost. The works of Fred Vargas and Agatha Christie are also an inspiration.

Ok. I'm hooked. Count me in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

All those titles are too complimentary of the level the shitto operates at. I'd say it's more akin to an episode of misdommer murders or agetha raison, or something on channel five in the afternoon 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm dying!!! Could it be the recent photos posted here of the shoddy decorating job she's done in the Loo? I'm suspecting other reported "mistakes" will be corrected....too funny! :p :p
Looks like she's sat having poo

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is the blurb on Trip Advisor where Sharon from Australia left a glowing comment in Aug 2022.
The Chateau de Lalande, a magnificent 16th century chateau, lies nestled in the heart of France, amidst rolling meadows, ancient hedgerows and woodland. This corner of the Berry was described by the romantic novelist, George Sand, as La Vallée Noire, an enchanting earthly paradise. Rooms offer views of the surrounding landscape or garden. All rooms have a private bathroom with bath or shower and guests can benefit from the complimentary toiletries provided. A free continental breakfast is served each morning and guests can enjoy a home-made meal prepared by the host if ordered in advance. Additional facilities include a games room, tennis court and a lounge with an open fire.

There appears to be a few iffy statements in it.
Guests can enjoy a home made meal prepared by the host. The only time Fanny cooks a meal is if all other avenues open to her have been closed. Ie Maria, Dan, Dana, FRK have left the building.
The additional facilities such as a games room is I am assuming referring to the big room that had a billiard table in it until a couple of months ago. As both the room and the table have been out of bounds for over 12 months now, that statement is obsolete.
The last sighting of the tennis court was when Nic was felling trees and they were landing on it’s outer fence. Making that a no go area but in all honesty there has never been any evidence that this area was used for tennis in any of the vlogs.
Lounge with a open fire. Surely Fanny four flues has not been breaking the law by using chimneys that have been confirmed as illegal.
Also on trip advisor the shittoo is listed as an hotel and one of trip advisors provisos is that an hotel must provide reception staff 24/7. (Maybe an opportunity for smugmug there).
All these half truths on trip advisor should be cleaned up, they were quick enough to remove a genuine comment from @missartemis they should also ensure who they are promoting does not promise what they can’t provide.
Even describing it as "magnificent" is a stretch. And Fanny never needs to buy soap etc. Complimentary toiletries are supplied by the fans themselves through the gift grab.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Possibly, I know in English “Mrs” was an honorific for female supervisors in certain positions no matter marital status. I’ve just never come across such in French.

But wouldn’t they take Mademoiselle off the forms then?
No. Mademoiselle is still there on the forms for all the feminist reforms. Whilst (😆) France is La France those in charge are still very much masculine. France has had a female prime minister, Edith Cresson 1991-1992, this feat was not repeated until this year (30 years later) with Elisabeth Borne. There has never been a female president. Just like the states...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.