The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The plot thickens. Thank you Clara. It is good to know others there are maybe seeing the light as well.

Snap I saw this as well and was thinking about posting it here too! Did you see that items inside were auctioned off? I thought of Fanny trying to bid on 20,000.00 euro tables etc! You know, who needs rendering and heating if you can buy furniture.😂

I dont don't know why older people hoard or hang on to tons of stuff. In the end you can't take it with you.
I'm already handing down stuff to people I want to have it and I'm just in my 60's.
When I was younger STUFF mattered more because you think you have so much time and you really don't. "Life it but a Vapor" Its all goes by so fast then you're dead. All your stuff is still here for people to fight over.
It any with you, that for sure. Let stuff go. Well, aren't I just a barrel of sunshine today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She is not aligned to any volunteer program, such as workaway or helpx, so therefore has no terms and conditions to abide by. Volunteers contact lielande direct via gnatti. You often see requests in the comments section or live chat on the vlog asking how to volunteer and they are directed to the email account that gnatti controls. They will get basic bed and board. No pay, no time off, tit food and be used and abused at will.
You may be wrong here unless there are no employment protections in France which I find hard to believe.

Reactions: 1
As you have all surmised SJ and Gerry put on a performance to rival Laurel and Hardy hanging wallpaper in the never seen downstairs loo. Him clad in the usual tartan ensemble and SJ in the blue solieado dress that we have been spared on this summers vlogs. Trailer for tomorrow chateau DIY at the end of today's ep.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
France has some of the best employment protection on the planet. She may never be able to get rid of fillup because he is her employee

Reactions: 10
She has been blatantly seeking volunteers for years. They all perform integral tasks to the everyday running of her b&b business at the very least. She has volunteers cooking for paying guests. Totally illegal in France. Even if she has a heads up. Any contrôle would look at her long history. 8 years or so of seeking illegal employees, avoiding social charges and contributions would sink her instantly. I personally hope this happens as I have many friends struggling to pay their staff and the relevant charges associated with that at the moment. Horrid women!
Like every other N on this planet, SJ twists everything and therefore, absolutely nothing is transparent. That's exactly how she likes it too. Her mother taught her well.
I agree, someone from the DWP (UK) should be door stepping the HMN.
Is Maria actually still a volunteer? I thought she was being paid as chef for the season, who really knows? If she is, then her wages should come out of the B&B. And what will happen to her once the season is over, she has been there for months, well before the season started.
Natti should defo be paid via the B&B business too.
Amaury, maybe via the Patreon account as "allegedly" he is doing restoration/renovation - never too sure which, as he also acts like the Shitoo "go to" handyman/gardener/whatever hat he wears on any given day!
And, whatever happened to the appointment of the Shitoo's general handyman as SJ recently mentioned?
Nic the tree man, poss Patreon but, could maintaining the grounds/forestry element really be considered as restoration/renovation, or just day-to-day upkeep of the Shitoo's land? Therefore 100% part of any charlatan's/part owners' responsibility?
God only knows, where the wages for Dan and the 3 gardeners is skimmed off from!

Let's not forget, that the next 1/2000 plants should be arriving soon so that the forest deer/rabbits/peacocks/Uncle Tom Cobley and all can have a delicious "expensive" feast at the Patrons' expense. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Like every other N on this planet, SJ twists everything and therefore, absolutely nothing is transparent. That's exactly how she likes it too. Her mother taught her well.
Is Maria actually still a volunteer? I thought she was being paid as chef for the season, who really knows? If she is, then her wages should come out of the B&B. And what will happen to her once the season is over, she has been there for months, well before the season started.
Amaury, maybe via the Patreon account as "allegedly" he is doing restoration/renovation - never too sure which, as he also acts like the Shitoo "go to" handyman/gardener/whatever hat he wears on any given day!
And, whatever happened to the appointment of the Shitoo's general handyman as SJ recently mentioned?
Nic the tree man, poss Patreon but, could maintaining the grounds/forestry element really be considered as restoration/renovation, or just day-to-day upkeep of the Shitoo's land? Therefore 100% part of any charlatan's/part owners' responsibility?
God only knows, where the wages for Dan and the 3 gardeners is skimmed off from!

Let's not forget, that the next 1/2000 plants should be arriving soon so that the forest deer/rabbits/peacocks/Uncle Tom Cobley and all can have a delicious "expensive" feast at the Patrons' expense. :ROFLMAO:
I suspect Dan and Gardeners, Amaury and Nic are all paid from Patreon and I bet Fanny gives herself and Phi Phi a salary too

• Angry
Swampy smell is usually caused by the filters/innards of the washing machine being clogged with gunk.
Use some regular vinegar and baking soda, pop those inside the washer and in the little washing tray, start a high temperature wash cycle sans the clothes (I usually do 90 degrees Celsius) and voila - clean, non smelly washing machine.
Try not to leave wet laundry in it for too long, it's not good for either the washer nor the clothes.
You can also use dishwasher tablets in the washing machine to clean it out... also make sure the pump is emptied regularly.

Reactions: 3
I agree, I think the same.
When my aunt's husband died unexpectedly at a relatively young age my cousin, the heir, was at school. In order for them to sell the estate she had to get permission from certain members of her sell the joint because my cousin didn't even speak Dutch, was raised in the UK and had no desire to live in the Netherlands. Every relevant family member had given her permission to sell because it was hemorrhaging money. Everyone except my Aunt's mother-in-law. She flattened her ears and kicked out and refused to move out of the big house. So any thought of selling ground to a halt while she was alive.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
i know I go on a bit , but that trying not to burst out laughing face thumbnail irritated the f out of me. so this is the latest from trip advisor . the sicophants fans all staying there . Sharon I am thoroughly disappointed in you from down under you are worse than jumpsuit jill . But with a name like Sharon theirs little stretch

Sharon D wrote a review Aug 2022
Melbourne, Australia34 contributions15 helpful votes

Everything imagined and MORE
As I had been following along with the Chateau Diaries since it began some years ago, I was beyond excited to actually have the opportunity to stay in the chateau and meet the inhabitants! Stephanie and Phillip were absolutely charming hosts and chatted freely to all of the guests. Nati was friendly, attentive and greeted us warmly upon our arrival

View attachment 1613070
all 16 of her friends and family members, Great Location! I count get past that then looked at how many reviewed it :ROFLMAO:

Does anybody follow Journey to the Chateau de Colombe? They live approx 10/15 minutes from the HMN and have been featured in SJ's vlogs too. I really do like them. They get things done!
Well, last night their vlog was all about preparing the Chateau for the winter. Guess what, rather a long interlude in connection with cleaning their fireplaces, chimney sweeping and delivery of logs etc. I instantly thought that they were having a dig at SJ. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sealing the pipe joints with hemp, great idea! Sealing the lead pipes with anything, bad idea. Rip the pipes out ffs! Best idea is to strip the entire building of lead and start again... because it's lead ffs! Tap water, drinking water, bathing water, well water, cistern water, even the mini bath water they wash their dogs in comes from lead pipes in a building that old! Madness!
I thought any repairs they were doing were just that repairs until they are permitted to in the longer term to make changes. So removing all the lead pipes at the moment isn't an option.

Reactions: 4
I believe that French feminists have successfully lobbied for legally to abolish the title Mademoiselle, so every female regardless of age and civil status is titled Madame.
Good to know, I had no idea of the change. That explains why none of the YT tutorial vlogs I've watched never mention "Mademoiselle" - just last night I was watching a vlog on French etiquette and there was mention of greeting shopkeepers. "Bonjour, Madame" was the example and I wondered why there was no mention of "Mademoiselle." Now I know!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As you have all surmised SJ and Gerry put on a performance to rival Laurel and Hardy hanging wallpaper in the never seen downstairs loo. Him clad in the usual tartan ensemble and SJ in the blue solieado dress that we have been spared on this summers vlogs. Trailer for tomorrow chateau DIY at the end of today's ep.
But don't you all think it's hilarious that she adores and cherishes her Daddy so much that she plasters a loo with his wallpaper? Was it because she discovered that it helps so much the operations one needs to perform there?

• Haha
The American woman who gushed over SJ (after she bought a chateau sight unseen) hasn't been vlogging for months.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Firm in my opinion that this is the worst thing she does.
Parting consenting adults from their money for unspecified purposes is not really a crime.
Calling volunteers slaves, as she did the Workaways, is deeply, deeply transgressive.
modern slavery is defined as the recruitment, movement, harbouring or receiving of children, women or men through the use of force, coercion, abuse of vulnerability, deception or other means for the purpose of exploitation.

Anything above fit?

This is getting horrible with Ian's destruction, News is coming out slowly. Chopper Fly overs do not look good. Cell service is out in a lot of places. No electric. People are freaking out because they can't contact loved ones.
It's far from done. Ian Is expected to go back out to sea, gain strength come back, and Hit the Carolina's. Outer Banks North Carolina cant take a storm of this strength anymore. Rhodanthe NC will just be gone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Yeah naw too easy mate. I don't see Percy as a murderer. A racist ole fart imo, but not a murderer. I also see Snorts as a victim - one that's ridiculously easy to bump off. It seems everything from a single cat hair to a single peanut could potentially kill him. Half the time I'm surprised he's still tottering around. I wonder why he hasn't fallen off his heels yet and done himself a dreadful life threatening injury. Had I not previously known of Ian's extremely sad passing, and upon seeing Fanny's "Death Comes to the Chateau" thumbnail, I would have thought please let it be Philip.

Btw, I'm stealing "slimy slick of sludge" to use in my murder mystery to describe Philip's work ethic. Oh and "Locard" too! An utterly brilliant name for my investigating French detective! Merci merci! I'll send you an autographed copy in recompense. 😁
I'm getting vibes of the film Clue with Tim Curry racing around. A firm family favourite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Armoire should only be paid from association funds for restoration work. Anything else, like maintenance, should come out of YouTube funds (could be ending sooner rather than later) or from the proceeds obtained from the. Shop or selling the gifts.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.