The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some consider selling these properties an avoidance of ancestral duty of some sorts. Simply put, these properties have sometimes been in their families for generations and they don't want to be the ones who break that chain. Some do try to find other, more modern ways, of maintaining these premises and keeping them in the family still.
I agree, I think the same.

Reactions: 4
The selection might be more careful, but Fanny is still Fanny. She's still shagging the volunteers, Phillip is just the latest in a long string, still turning a blind eye to bullying and/or discrimination (Selmar and Nutty situation is not the first one), still taking advantage of them. With her now being more relevant and visible than ever it is just a matter of time until one or more of them turn to the dark side.
Well let’s hope they do. What Fanny does is totally wrong but I stand by the premise that those who are at the shittoo now are very aware of what goes down there and are eager for their chance to join in. When Fanny previously used the work away programme those poor volunteers had no idea what a shitshow they were letting themselves in for.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Are we forgetting Tuomas (spelling)?
Clara has also told us some juicy stories of people being yeeted out for various reasons, some deserving, some not. And so far I have had no reasons to mistrust Clara and quite a few reasons to believe her information is solid.
The volunteers do throw hissy fits. They just get buried by the official live, laugh, love narrative.
And video editing

Maybe slammed her head against one of the broken chapel keystones.

How about the other “SA Old Skin?” Perhaps poor Perce, simply lost the plot, his eyes weakened by rapid onset blindness, mistakes Fanny for “one of those ‘lazy black bastards’” - definitely his words, never mine - goes as nuts as his tired aching used up body can manage, pretends he wants to have a chat about his wife’s involvement in the Shateau theft/misdeeds/lies etc, and simply pushes his step-daughter into that slimy slick of sludge.

We know the killer isn’t the “Love Butler.” He’s too dumb to make sure he doesn’t leave errant hairs at the scene, or to have a clue about Locard.

Imagine losing hair at the rate his is going! He’ll need to walk around with a handheld Dyson, sooner rather than later.
Yeah naw too easy mate. I don't see Percy as a murderer. A racist ole fart imo, but not a murderer. I also see Snorts as a victim - one that's ridiculously easy to bump off. It seems everything from a single cat hair to a single peanut could potentially kill him. Half the time I'm surprised he's still tottering around. I wonder why he hasn't fallen off his heels yet and done himself a dreadful life threatening injury. Had I not previously known of Ian's extremely sad passing, and upon seeing Fanny's "Death Comes to the Chateau" thumbnail, I would have thought please let it be Philip.

Btw, I'm stealing "slimy slick of sludge" to use in my murder mystery to describe Philip's work ethic. Oh and "Locard" too! An utterly brilliant name for my investigating French detective! Merci merci! I'll send you an autographed copy in recompense. 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The selection might be more careful, but Fanny is still Fanny. She's still shagging the volunteers, Phillip is just the latest in a long string, still turning a blind eye to bullying and/or discrimination (Selmar and Nutty situation is not the first one), still taking advantage of them. With her now being more relevant and visible than ever it is just a matter of time until one or more of them turn to the dark side.
Firm in my opinion that this is the worst thing she does.
Parting consenting adults from their money for unspecified purposes is not really a crime.
Calling volunteers slaves, as she did the Workaways, is deeply, deeply transgressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Apparently she's been doing it all wrong.. she should have been sealing joints etc with Hemp fibre and solder according to MMM. I can't believe I am saying this but their vlog last night was quite entertaining in parts...and they do get out a mix with communities... I just need to switch off from the begging bowl narrative.
Sealing the pipe joints with hemp, great idea! Sealing the lead pipes with anything, bad idea. Rip the pipes out ffs! Best idea is to strip the entire building of lead and start again... because it's lead ffs! Tap water, drinking water, bathing water, well water, cistern water, even the mini bath water they wash their dogs in comes from lead pipes in a building that old! Madness!

Reactions: 8
My guess would be some kind of untreated behavioral condition. Some are fixed with medication, others with therapy, others require both.
Lack of discipline, he is the type of person who would need a regimen to stick to otherwise he runs out of steam and procrastinates. The fact he has no real responsibilities, such as a job to turn up to, is hindering him. He needs structure and someone to answer to.

I relate to him quite a bit which is why I am less forgiving of the tit he keeps pulling.
Michael claims he has ADHD…in a vlog, he said he watched a video about ADHD and he believes he has ADHD behaviors. Based on his self diagnosis, he says he went on medication (not sure how he obtained the meds…he didn’t specify; online ordering maybe?). To be honest, I DO think Michael probably has ADHD. Inability to focus, gets bored easily, perfectionism, procrastination (need for perfection is so strong that the person would rather delay a project than get started and do it “wrong”). With ADHD, structure and rigidity is actually detrimental…it’s like being in a cage. Michael said he was fired from every job he ever had…probably because he found it extremely hard to adhere to a rigid structure. Making YouTube videos and artwork is a good “job” for him because he can do it in his own timeframe and on his own terms.

Having said that, ADHD isn't an excuse to con people, grift, or e-beg for money and then not follow through. Yes, if Michael does have ADHD, he really needs a medical diagnosis, prescribed medication (if the doctor says it’s needed), and ongoing therapy/counseling to help him manage.

Reactions: 21
i know I go on a bit , but that trying not to burst out laughing face thumbnail irritated the f out of me. so this is the latest from trip advisor . the sicophants fans all staying there . Sharon I am thoroughly disappointed in you from down under you are worse than jumpsuit jill . But with a name like Sharon theirs little stretch

Sharon D wrote a review Aug 2022
Melbourne, Australia34 contributions15 helpful votes

Everything imagined and MORE
As I had been following along with the Chateau Diaries since it began some years ago, I was beyond excited to actually have the opportunity to stay in the chateau and meet the inhabitants! Stephanie and Phillip were absolutely charming hosts and chatted freely to all of the guests. Nati was friendly, attentive and greeted us warmly upon our arrival

View attachment 1613070
I agree with you, the review is sycophantic. However, Sharon is an extremely popular name in Australia. It's old school nostalgic and very popular.

Reactions: 3
Michael claims he has ADHD…in a vlog, he said he watched a video about ADHD and he believes he has ADHD behaviors. Based on his self diagnosis, he says he went on medication (not sure how he obtained the meds…he didn’t specify; online ordering maybe?). To be honest, I DO think Michael probably has ADHD. Inability to focus, gets bored easily, perfectionism, procrastination (need for perfection is so strong that the person would rather delay a project than get started and do it “wrong”). With ADHD, structure and rigidity is actually detrimental…it’s like being in a cage. Michael said he was fired from every job he ever had…probably because he found it extremely hard to adhere to a rigid structure. Making YouTube videos and artwork is a good “job” for him because he can do it in his own timeframe and on his own terms.

Having said that, ADHD isn't an excuse to con people, grift, or e-beg for money and then not follow through. Yes, if Michael does have ADHD, he really needs a medical diagnosis, prescribed medication (if the doctor says it’s needed), and ongoing therapy/counseling to help him manage.
Improving gut health also helps with ADHD

Reactions: 6
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Hey we all make mistakes and I think sometimes you just want to believe. I think it will take a long time for this grift to be stopped, I hope she gets some ramifications because she is also taking the piss.
I would be happy enough just to see Cadeaux stopped at this stage. I've never understood how they can stand seeing themselves on camera like that. Their sheer naked avarice is obscene.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I would be happy enough just to see Cadeaux stopped at this stage. I've never understood how they can stand seeing themselves on camera like that. Their sheer naked avarice is obscene.
A complete cringe fest I can't watch it

Reactions: 13
Are we forgetting Tuomas (spelling)?
Clara has also told us some juicy stories of people being yeeted out for various reasons, some deserving, some not. And so far I have had no reasons to mistrust Clara and quite a few reasons to believe her information is solid.
The volunteers do throw hissy fits. They just get buried by the official live, laugh, love narrative.
I haven’t seen it for a while, but I don’t remember Tomaz’ video being terrible or mean spirited. I know there was a big uproar about it, but it was no big deal, just showing what he did one day. What was the problem the cult had with it?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She is an officer of the association, per docs provided by @arthur. Not sure that makes any difference.
View attachment 1613454
I suppose she could be a volunteer officer of the association and a salarié of said b&b. If it’s to the contrary and salarié by the association which is possible but spends half her time organizing the b&b Fanny won’t have a leg to stand on. She’s been there a while so must have a cdi contract by now either way. The details can’t be hidden forever.

Reactions: 5
Them wanting to be there does not absolve Stephanie Jarvis from the legal obligation to not have volunteers working for a for profit B&B. The Argentinian Bully instructs new volunteers to tell everybody they get paid for what they do, but the absence of a paper trail tells a different story all together. It is Stephanie Jarvis' firm belief that she only needs to produce a paper trail when she's asked for it officially. Predating has become a common skill at her HMN.

Agreed. My wishful thinking took over rather unexpectedly. My bad to have trusted some of the less valuable sources.
I wonder Clara, has there ever been a volunteer who has said 'No, I'm not lying for you'? One who, even with travelling half way across the globe to the middle of nowhere questioned any of this by asking 'Won't this get me into trouble?' However much they wanted to be there? What about employment pay slips, taxes, any kind of receipt, a work contract signed by both parties? Is there no-one who has said 'I'm not signing that, that's fraud'? Not one who has considered 'Hey, I'm in a foreign country. What could be the legal ramifications of this for me if this goes arse over tit?' Not one? 🤔

Reactions: 11
Interesting, the bully is listed as Madame Oliveto. Have we ever heard of or met the husband? And this has to predate her relationship with Bun Boy.
I believe that French feminists have successfully lobbied for legally to abolish the title Mademoiselle, so every female regardless of age and civil status is titled Madame.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
A complete cringe fest I can't watch it
someone posted on the Escape to the Chateau facebook page that they finally opened gifts she sent 7 months ago- Seriously they are still that far behind- yet they take forever reading the long letters and cooing over each little senseless gift. If they have that many sitting in a room somewhere, you would think they would do like 10 or more a week. Unless.......they don't have that many in a room somewhere and most of it is at Emmaus or somewhere else....like a dumpster..

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
again Patreon video repeated on Sunday in her own words Where are the accounts Fanny
Lazy mare. SJ and Dan have defo been colluding to concoct that nasty little trick - repeating same vlog twice!
Granted, Patrons should see their vlog first because they pay for the privilege, but then repeating it again is just OTT money grabbing imo.
But also, the Patrons are only seeing 1 vlog being repeated when ordinarily, they would see 2 different vlogs, e.g. Wed and Sun! Well, who is losing out there then? Yet again,, her patrons of course! :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.