The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Questions, questions, questions...

wtf is wrong with Michael!? He has talent. He can turn his hand to all sorts.
My guess would be some kind of untreated behavioral condition. Some are fixed with medication, others with therapy, others require both.
Lack of discipline, he is the type of person who would need a regimen to stick to otherwise he runs out of steam and procrastinates. The fact he has no real responsibilities, such as a job to turn up to, is hindering him. He needs structure and someone to answer to.

I relate to him quite a bit which is why I am less forgiving of the tit he keeps pulling.

Reactions: 11
maybe this was the motivation to suddenly buy 3-4 wood burners The “Prime Air Bois” offers up to €2,000 (depending on household resources) if you agree to replace your old appliance with a new one that has the “7-star green flame” label. until she dug deeper and found out got to produce sweeping certificate and the four flu situation. Because havent we witnessed her having open fires in that one working fire place . don't know if this applies to her region The Haut-Savoie département (in the French Alps) has prohibited the use of open fireplaces since January 1st, 2022. this photo is why I am guessing she cant have the installed as the actual esthetics is ugly and would take a professional to install .
The prime is also paid against your impots therefore reducing your tax payable. As she still hasn't produced the accounts, she probably hasn't declared her taxes either. Any application for prime d'energie etc., will alert the tax authorities.

I have that problem with the door in the winter when I have clothes airers in my utility room. I never have the swampy smell at all. I often put my washing on late in the evening and forget it until next morning but it never smells. Maybe some will give you a tip on how to avoid this.
Swampy smell is usually caused by the filters/innards of the washing machine being clogged with gunk.
Use some regular vinegar and baking soda, pop those inside the washer and in the little washing tray, start a high temperature wash cycle sans the clothes (I usually do 90 degrees Celsius) and voila - clean, non smelly washing machine.
Try not to leave wet laundry in it for too long, it's not good for either the washer nor the clothes.

Reactions: 9
Is nutti employed by the association or the loss making b&b? I suspect, but could be wrong that the association pays her wages. But she certainly IS involved with the b&b. I also suspect the volunteers probably agree to volunteer for the association but this is clearly not the case.

Reactions: 6
I agree, I don’t think they are poor either, but why not auction the furniture if you don’t need it, and can make some money on it? And sell the money pit as well?
no kidding hey? Pottsy might as well jump on the bandwagon too! I am sure he will be checking if it has a pizza oven and bread oven for sourdough loaves, if not, that will be the first request to patreons to support! 😂
Some consider selling these properties an avoidance of ancestral duty of some sorts. Simply put, these properties have sometimes been in their families for generations and they don't want to be the ones who break that chain. Some do try to find other, more modern ways, of maintaining these premises and keeping them in the family still.

Reactions: 6
The thing with these 'volunteers' is they all appear to want to be there. As somebody has already stated they use her platform to create or elevate their own. That said we never see anyone throw a hissy fit and flounce out, so we are led to believe they are a fun loving lot. I don't know how this scheme works... does she receive a monetary contribution for taking them on? Or does she abuse the terms and conditions for which they are taken on? eg excessive hours and tasks?
Are we forgetting Tuomas (spelling)?
Clara has also told us some juicy stories of people being yeeted out for various reasons, some deserving, some not. And so far I have had no reasons to mistrust Clara and quite a few reasons to believe her information is solid.
The volunteers do throw hissy fits. They just get buried by the official live, laugh, love narrative.

Reactions: 7
Sometimes I don’t understand why information like this is shared here. Won’t it give her too much of a heads up? I appreciate all you have shared here and moved the cause forward. I just worry it will give her a way to wriggle out of something. Fanny is so adept at that and I want her stopped! Can you explain for dense ones like me? ☺ Thanks!
Im guessing it's because Clara, insider extraordinaire, has already done something about it, and there's nothing Fanny can do about it.

• Heart
i know I go on a bit , but that trying not to burst out laughing face thumbnail irritated the f out of me. so this is the latest from trip advisor . the sicophants fans all staying there . Sharon I am thoroughly disappointed in you from down under you are worse than jumpsuit jill . But with a name like Sharon theirs little stretch

Sharon D wrote a review Aug 2022
Melbourne, Australia34 contributions15 helpful votes

Everything imagined and MORE
As I had been following along with the Chateau Diaries since it began some years ago, I was beyond excited to actually have the opportunity to stay in the chateau and meet the inhabitants! Stephanie and Phillip were absolutely charming hosts and chatted freely to all of the guests. Nati was friendly, attentive and greeted us warmly upon our arrival

View attachment 1613070
Tennis court??? Did she go and look at it? Last time SJ showed it, it was in a sad state of disrepair like the rest of the shiteau. Obviously Sharon was wearing blinkers.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If @Isabelle6541 had any backbone at all he/she would return to tattle to reveal the reasoning behind his/her subterfuge and what he/she personally gained from it. Unless they believe they have outwitted Tattlers and that therein is their prize. (that sounded all Shakespeare ish didn't it?) Personally I think they are just another Walter Mitty, a fantasist. Their story has no end. They are hidden behind a false identity so they have nothing to lose by explaing their actions. It might actually be interesting or just another sad wannabee.

Yes but no one died....don't forget we had tinker bell the fairy waving her magic wand over the doorbell.. to be honest I found it a little light relief for a change, not sure if I was supposed to groan in places but it didn't offend me in anyway.

The thing with these 'volunteers' is they all appear to want to be there. As somebody has already stated they use her platform to create or elevate their own. That said we never see anyone throw a hissy fit and flounce out, so we are led to believe they are a fun loving lot. I don't know how this scheme works... does she receive a monetary contribution for taking them on? Or does she abuse the terms and conditions for which they are taken on? eg excessive hours and tasks?
She is not aligned to any volunteer program, such as workaway or helpx, so therefore has no terms and conditions to abide by. Volunteers contact lielande direct via gnatti. You often see requests in the comments section or live chat on the vlog asking how to volunteer and they are directed to the email account that gnatti controls. They will get basic bed and board. No pay, no time off, tit food and be used and abused at will.

With Fanny it is all relative she has never really had to work hard in her life, so I am sure she feels she is really grafting but we all know she is actually grifting. I am sure she convinces her narc inner voices she deserves $35,000 a month and we all know narcs always think they're right, but she is taking the piss. All she has to do is actually do some renovations but that is not happening all she is doing is decorating. I note in the Patreon video from last night the big sitting rooms ceiling is still being propped? The woman is a lunatic the structure isn't sound there is no heating and she is about to butcher this 18th Century panelling. Phi Phi is planning bespoke paintings of La La Lande to be created on panels where they don't have enough panelling to fit. This room will take Amaury about 3 years at his pace he is so anal.
Amaury is the only one willing to start a project and do it right the first time, so I'm not that hard on him for being anal.
Hell, if he owned the dump he would have done all of the structural and heating works first. He was the one who was encouraging Fanny to put her money where her mouth is and invest in the right heating system for the dump. She just outright refused to spend that kind of money on it - the lake was more important...

And then remember that while Armoire might start the day intending to work on the paneling, a ceiling might collapse, tree trunks suddenly need to be logged away, radiators start leaking, pergola needs extra help, 50,000 wardrobes need carrying up into the Narnia attic, 1,000 plants arrive. The man is always the go-to problem solver and if there is one thing the heap doesn't lack in, it's problems.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Are we forgetting Tuomas (spelling)?
Clara has also told us some juicy stories of people being yeeted out for various reasons, some deserving, some not. And so far I have had no reasons to mistrust Clara and quite a few reasons to believe her information is solid.
The volunteers do throw hissy fits. They just get buried by the official live, laugh, love narrative.
Yes agreed but these people were in the past. I believe that nowadays there is a more careful selection of the wannabes and they choose those that want to further themselves and bask in Fanny’s limelight. You could argue that Tomaz fitted this criteria and imo he did, his spilling the beans vlog was a result of Fanny spurning him as she does to everyone when she tires of them.

Reactions: 8
Is nutti employed by the association or the loss making b&b? I suspect, but could be wrong that the association pays her wages. But she certainly IS involved with the b&b. I also suspect the volunteers probably agree to volunteer for the association but this is clearly not the case.
She is an officer of the association, per docs provided by @arthur. Not sure that makes any difference.
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 6.38.19 AM.png

Reactions: 9
Yes agreed but these people were in the past. I believe that nowadays there is a more careful selection of the wannabes and they choose those that want to further themselves and bask in Fanny’s limelight. You could argue that Tomaz fitted this criteria and imo he did, his spilling the beans vlog was a result of Fanny spurning him as she does to everyone when she tires of them.
The selection might be more careful, but Fanny is still Fanny. She's still shagging the volunteers, Phillip is just the latest in a long string, still turning a blind eye to bullying and/or discrimination (Selmar and Nutty situation is not the first one), still taking advantage of them. With her now being more relevant and visible than ever it is just a matter of time until one or more of them turn to the dark side.

Yes, we have top loaders too. They were more common up until a few years ago when HGTV pushed granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and front-load washers on us. I hate mine.
I am babying my top loader and know I will have to get it replaced within the next year…it was the last top loader model they had left when I bought it a few years ago. It was also the only one that had an actual agitator to swish the clothes around to clean them. I’m not a fan of the front loaders either. But, yes…my post about filling up the washer was based solely on the fact if you have a top loader. Sorry! I didn’t realize this would become such a topic.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sometimes I don’t understand why information like this is shared here. Won’t it give her too much of a heads up? I appreciate all you have shared here and moved the cause forward. I just worry it will give her a way to wriggle out of something. Fanny is so adept at that and I want her stopped! Can you explain for dense ones like me? ☺ Thanks!
You can't wriggle out of a crime that you have committed. What you can do is
The prime is also paid against your impots therefore reducing your tax payable. As she still hasn't produced the accounts, she probably hasn't declared her taxes either. Any application for prime d'energie etc., will alert the tax authorities.
I think you can forget her ever producing accounts publicly because of the slight of hand where patrons were downgraded from members of the association to benefactors and sponsors. The patrons, or anyone else, have NO ENTITLEMENT to the accounts.
It is precisely for this reason that this matter needs to be rectified.

Who needs a French chateau when you can have an English mansion

That's a huge no from me because...
• English weather
• English food
• Brexit repercussions
• British government
• English property taxes/rates
• Cost of living in the UK compared to France
• Cost of heating compared to France
• I can buy a fully restored French chateau of comparable size, with pool, land, several renovated gites and out buildings for a 3rd of the cost.

I mentioned last thread that my husband had suggested that we buy home in France, so I don't have to travel so much with work. I showed him Ed and Anna's "passion project" and he loves it! I love the building too. But it gets a no from us because it's not in the location we want, it's too big for our purpose and my husband said "This Ed bloke, if we bought his house, we'd have to be friends with him forever because he'd never leave us alone. He'd always view the house as his house and we'd see him continuously driving by, peeking in windows, looking over the fence or popping in uninvited every day just because he happened to be passing by. He'd give us advice about the house and it wouldn't stop. He'd be all like, 'I was in the neighbourhood and thought I see how you were getting along' and 'I had business in the area and thought I'd stop in for a cuppa.' Besides, have you seen the way he speaks to his wife? That's not on. She's nice but he's a tool."

I've been laughing for an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
With Fanny it is all relative she has never really had to work hard in her life, so I am sure she feels she is really grafting but we all know she is actually grifting. I am sure she convinces her narc inner voices she deserves $35,000 a month and we all know narcs always think they're right, but she is taking the piss. All she has to do is actually do some renovations but that is not happening all she is doing is decorating. I note in the Patreon video from last night the big sitting rooms ceiling is still being propped? The woman is a lunatic the structure isn't sound there is no heating and she is about to butcher this 18th Century panelling. Phi Phi is planning bespoke paintings of La La Lande to be created on panels where they don't have enough panelling to fit. This room will take Amaury about 3 years at his pace he is so anal.
He may not have 3 years left in that place the rate things are going. Could have to get a real job, just like cuz and Phillipa and Gnati.

Swampy smell is usually caused by the filters/innards of the washing machine being clogged with gunk.
Use some regular vinegar and baking soda, pop those inside the washer and in the little washing tray, start a high temperature wash cycle sans the clothes (I usually do 90 degrees Celsius) and voila - clean, non smelly washing machine.
Try not to leave wet laundry in it for too long, it's not good for either the washer nor the clothes.
Is it 50% baking soda 50% vinegar?

Reactions: 2
That's a huge no from me because...
• English weather
• English food
• Brexit repercussions
• British government
• English property taxes/rates
• Cost of living in the UK compared to France
• Cost of heating compared to France
• I can buy a fully restored French chateau of comparable size, with pool, land, several renovated gites and out buildings for a 3rd of the cost.

I mentioned last thread that my husband had suggested that we buy home in France, so I don't have to travel so much with work. I showed him Ed and Anna's "passion project" and he loves it! I love the building too. But it gets a no from us because it's not in the location we want, it's too big for our purpose and as my husband said "This Ed bloke, if we bought his house, we'd have to be friends with him forever because he'd never leave us alone. He'd always view the house as his house and we'd see him continuously driving by, peeking in windows, looking over the fence or popping in uninvited every day just because he happened to be passing by. He'd be all like, 'I was in the neighbourhood and thought I see how you were getting along' and 'I had business in the area and thought I'd stop in for a cuppa.' Besides, have you seen the way he speaks to his wife? She's nice but he's a tool."
He's got Ed's number then. Very astute your husband. He's right, you would never ever get rid of him. A crass boar of the very worst kind.

• Heart
  • Haha
If @Isabelle6541@Isabelle6541 had any backbone at all he/she would return to tattle to reveal the reasoning behind his/her subterfuge and what he/she personally gained from it. Unless they believe they have outwitted Tattlers and that therein is their prize. (that sounded all Shakespeare ish didn't it?) Personally I think they are just another Walter Mitty, a fantasist. Their story has no end. They are hidden behind a false identity so they have nothing to lose by explaing their actions. It might actually be interesting or just another sad wannabee.
I bet @Isabelle6541 is still lurking around. I went back and read her? old post, I have my suspicions and hope I'm wrong.
Aside from the diversion of @Isabelle6541, there is one hell of a large amount of $ to be lost if Stephanie is exposed and held accountable, I think we can expect more bizarre hijinks in the future😐

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.