The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tomasz always left me feeling uneasy, he tried to ingratiate himself too much. The whole mugging incident seemed suspicious, maybe I'm wrong.
Perhaps it was the story line sj gave him.

I found him annoying but only because his English made it hard to understand. He was more talented than the current ones. Perhaps not as popular because of his looks and not having a face for telly / YouTube.

he was young but I’ll advised and then he got bullied by a bunch of super fans. I feel sorry for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I expect the lack of French language in SJs vlogs is because originally it was viewed, or even aimed at, the American, British, Canadian markets (and let’s not forget Brenda - Irish market). The English language is also considered to be an international language, because it is spoken by so many people, worldwide, as a second language to their own.
As for lack of French content - well, as mentioned on here before - SJ doesn’t seem to intermingle with the local population, despite being half-French! The most French content in her vlogs - besides her mummy - is French cheese and baguettes!
Chanel, Dior, and Hermès like to make an appearance from time to time, along with the French beaded donkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I expect the lack of French language in SJs vlogs is because originally it was viewed, or even aimed at, the American, British, Canadian markets (and let’s not forget Brenda - Irish market). The English language is also considered to be an international language, because it is spoken by so many people, worldwide, as a second language to their own.
As for lack of French content - well, as mentioned on here before - SJ doesn’t seem to intermingle with the local population, despite being half-French! The most French content in her vlogs - besides her mummy - is French cheese and baguettes!

😎. What makes the Lake so important - quite simply everyone else has a lake, river or moat and our little Princess doesn’t ! 😒
does anyone know what’s the deal with bread being sold bag less. Is it a French or European thing? Like I noticed the bread had some paper round it but was exposed and it then sat on the car seat when they were driving.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
does anyone know what’s the deal with bread being sold bag less. Is it a French or European thing? Like I noticed the bread had some paper round it but was exposed and it then sat on the car seat when they were driving.
I noticed the bread on the seat too, all I could think was, “mmmm, butt bread”.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Come here little child I have yummy cakes & candies
(Disclaimer this comment alludes to Hansel & Gretel)
All donated by sooperfans!

Goes well with porky mits 😂

I think it's hard getting a bag big enough...apparently sold out in the area as the elusive Nick has purloined them all!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
money isn’t the problem. It’s the effort to do all those paperwork.
I know that the money per se isn't the problem...being unwilling to part with said money IS the problem...and was what I was implying. Sorry if I was unclear as to my point.

Chanel, Dior, and Hermès like to make an appearance from time to time, along with the French beaded donkey.
Speaking of Hermes (sorry, I'm not sure how to put the accent thing above the second e...), and off subject here, but I saw in a news blurb about how Kylie Jenner may be buying the new $75,000.00 Hermes Birkenstocks...really????How ridiculous can these people be!???

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
It's a French thing.
img_1113.jpg

ajrWPg8_700b.jpg
Original_7266_TP-baguette-finedininglovers.jpg

When you're at Lalande DO NOT EAT THE BREAD!
butt bread.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Are you suggesting LOTL should steal bread? :ROFLMAO:
Well she could put her singing voice to good use and sing "I Dreamed A Dream" in those cold halls and rooms...
Or in that not-skeptic septic tank. What a marvelous background for that song, and the accousitcs would probably be great too...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Perhaps it was the story line sj gave him.

I found him annoying but only because his English made it hard to understand. He was more talented than the current ones. Perhaps not as popular because of his looks and not having a face for telly / YouTube.

he was young but I’ll advised and then he got bullied by a bunch of super fans. I feel sorry for him.
He was a bit of a grifter as well. Pretty sure they all have a grifting script at times.
Grifting bingo:
All of your donations allow me to buy-
A) A drone
B) A special microphone
C) A new camera
D) A new laptop
E)A professional editing package
F) Allow me to film content
G) A life I never dreamed of
H) travel and film
I) A new car
J) oh please don't send any gifts we don't ask for them
K) New tools
L) A new kitchen
M) spode
N) more bloody spode
O) toile de jouy
P) Expensive trips on the pretense of work to wherever I fancy...thank you so much
Q) Clothes from designers I've never heard of
R) parties...obvs filmed for content so it counts as work
S) Another drone cos I smashed the first one
T) kitting out a kitchen
U)copper pans
V) expensive cutlery
W) more bloody spode-please send as I break things
X) plumbers
Y) garden mowers which are expensive you know
Z) hire people to work for me...I'm exhausted
Oh and start again
A)personal trainers
B).bore us to bloody death moaning about lack of money when it's given on a plate
C) special round light for close up and reflecting off makeup

Have i missed anything?
Feel free to shout Bingo when you have a full house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Well she could put her singing voice to good use and sing "I Dreamed A Dream" in those cold halls and rooms...
Or in that not-skeptic septic tank. What a marvelous background for that song, and the accousitcs would probably be great too...
Remember, that in Les Miserables there are two other characters that ran an inn (B&B in France) who ripped people off!

f4bae43c76649773c9c8b6c47d9afbe8.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Glad I'm not alone. They bread's so exposed. They just toss it here & there :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
After the last vlog addressing so many questions, I thought..."OK, finally! She saw some criticism, and us making some forward changes! " New vlog. NOPE. Back to garbage. 10 minutes grocery shopping. A peek into the Sh#tter, and then....another, damn, dinner. Another damn ugly place setting. Steph, if you are reading this...just make another channel for dinners! That way we can skip that whole thing! Clearly she is working on projects, and saving future projects for the TV series. And that now leaves us.....with dinners, and gift grabs. 😭 I'm really actually bummed out by that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I've been reading for weeks now but can't bite my tongue any longer! There are many things that drive me mad about SJ and TCD but this one has me muttering every time I see it.

If they shut the blooming curtains that would keep some heat in but the curtains never seem to be closed and don't look heavy enough to keep the drafts out! Closing the curtains is free!
I have been so bored as to post this on the YT channel only to have it taken down. No wonder IJ runs away as soon as it gets chilly!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This may be of interest, its an article published in 2018 about The Mutterer. The filmmakers name Bastian Quent is a pseudonym, apparently he still plans on releasing the movie. Can't get link to work so here is title Boischaut-Sud is not Hollywood

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone!
I'm a long time lurker and former SJ patreon.
I'm a non-native English speaker so please bear with me.
I immediately removed my Pateron subscription after SJ asked whether she should buy a new fridge, a new kitchen sink or tools for Selmar.

I was STUNNED.

A new FRIDGE.

With all the things wrong in the Chateau, (heating system, shutters that are about to fall down on people's heads, pipes leaking all the time), they were thinking about buying a fridge.
Besides, what kind of fridge was SJ going to buy with 10.000€? How much would a professional fridge be?
SJ said that they needed a bigger fridge because they had a hard time storing all the food in there.
And I started to wonder, if you had such a hard time storing the food why didn't you buy the fridge before? why don't you buy the fridge with your own money? They're NOT that expensive! A fridge is not a restoration project, that's not why Patreons donate money!
Moreover, I know that they have a smaller fridge where the sink is, not to mention the other fridges in the other apartments. So I can't see what the problem is, really. Just take the one Potts is not using and put it in the main Chateau. There, problem solved.

Luckily the Patreons decided to vote for Selmar's tools.

And then SJ started talking about building a SWIMMING POOL.
I was done!!!

I became a Patreon because I love chapels and I do donate to various organizations that help restore old depleted chapels. The chapel was the main reason why I donated. But everything else was just too much.
Since nobody really knows how the money is spent and because I didn't agree with what SJ was doing, I decided to remove myself entirely from the situation. I don't want to fund anybody's lifestyle or ambition.

Also, what happened with the money that Michael Potts paid for his share of the Chateau?
SJ is crying on youtube saying how poor she was and yet, in 2019 Potts MUST have given them AT LEAST 250.000€ for his share. What happened to that money? Why didn't they invest it back into the Chateau?
They only spent 300.000€ on renovations, which is a ridiculously low sum for such a big old house.

Anyhow, I just want to say that I cannot stand Marie and her stupid flower arrangements. The decorations she did for the Christmas table were absurdly humongous and SJ didn't help with her fake "aaaaaahh" "wooooow" and "paaaarfact".
She's so bland and boring, I can't believe there are people that willingly follow her channel/IG.
She pretends to be nice and good all the time but sometimes you can see her real personality shine through. Not to mention how unprofessional she is. SJ wanted red bows in the Christmas wreath and nope, she didn't put any in it. And that wreath was so bland and awful.

Anyhow, enough for today, sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest LOL
Welcome and your English is flawless! Apologies it is Paaaarfeck!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.