The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last edited:
Reactions: 6
@NorrisCS

it worked on mine -
choked on a flute of champagne đŸ„‚

funniest night this week -
any info update ? on @francisnicole ??

Just cos I’m been even

Petherick now Reg range river in France
đŸ‡«đŸ‡· - that’s known as a Two-ferr in tattle terms
65393DCD-6077-4742-8029-94B974CDF4F6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dan the gardener's vlog was quite a sweet and unpretentious vlog of a family Sunday. The supermarket trip showed some of the prices and variety of wine and cheese, which was a little more interesting than SJ's pointless trip.
It was nice to see the family stopping off to see the wolf park, even though it was closed due to Covid, but I have never heard SJ mention this and it is clearly in her locality.
His videos always seems less contrived than any of the others. They are certainly not polished but that makes them appear a more genuine version of a young family making a life in France.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Dan the gardener's vlog was quite a sweet and unpretentious vlog of a family Sunday. The supermarket trip showed some of the prices and variety of wine and cheese, which was a little more interesting than SJ's pointless trip.
It was nice to see the family stopping off to see the wolf park, even though it was closed due to Covid, but I have never heard SJ mention this and it is clearly in her locality.
His videos always seems less contrived than any of the others. They are certainly not polished but that makes them appear a more genuine version of a young family making a life in France.
I agree. It was simple but engaging and like the Stones they visited last week, the Wolf Sanctuary was interesting. The two boys are pretty adorable and both Dan and Annalise seem to really enjoy being with their family.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am a bit dead after today, but I wanted to add something to this, it is not entirely true that one can stay anywhere just like that, you can stay but only for a certain period of time without declaration, after that time you need to either return and then come back or you need to declare the purpose and funding of your stay (regardless of the eu citizenship), I am not sure if it is 3 or 6 months,
you should register your arrival and then also depending on your work/school/self employment situation you register further, it is mostly a formality in most of the counties but in Lux, for example, the police really comes and checks if you live where you said if your name is on the postbox...
I think it's 3 months if you're receiving benefits, after that you have to return to your home country if you continue to need them. Also the free movement is possible only between Schengen countries.

I SERIOUSY can't be held responsible for her not morphing
but in fairness i have found what i think a spectacular one of her

some ...well - its not me but in the interest of fairness ....hope her inner princess is pleased
i would be :love: View attachment 439747
Come here little child I have yummy cakes & candies
(Disclaimer this comment alludes to Hansel & Gretel)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a dear friend who is 60. She is one of the loveliest, kindest, most generous people you could ever wish to meet. She always refers to her parents as Mummy and Daddy and her female friends as girlfriends. She is ‘posh’ but not at all pretentious.
Thanks Stephanie

You're being ironic right?!! She took it on because that was what was in the price range. When she drove up with Mummy & Daddy then Princess Stephanie clapped her little hands with joy, saw the turrets and said this is the one!!! Now, we all know what Stephie wants when Daddy was around Stephie got. Was any research done, were there any other chateau B&B businesses in place, did they investigate the cost of what it would be to bring the place up to scratch? Clearly not. It was a party pad away from prying eyes, where she could play at being princess with her courtiers in attendance. Because at the end of the day there was never any concern that the ÂŁÂŁ would run out because Mummy & Daddy or her pals would bale her out ...as usual. During the whole of the time she has owned it 16 YEARS - has there been anything other than tinkering at the edges probably losing more money than she made. The picture is funny-it doesn't offend me one bit. If she is offended by it then she needs to stop snooping on here, because eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves & perhaps needs to spend her time reigning in the comments from Loki which are highly offensive.
Thought that was SJ 😏😏😏

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I am brand new here just now signed up to Tattle Life, though I have been following this forum for the last month after having discovered it. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF IN HERE. And not just gossip, but some good insight, and intuition, about not only Stephanie, but that Micheal P guy as well. Too much to write, too much to say for right now. But I will say that a few months back I somehow landed on the Doing It Ourselves Channel, and of course through that channel I hit upon Chateau Diaries. I am not a jerk, or asshole. I don't make rude, nasty comments. But I do usually have a pretty good heightened perception. When I watched my first DIO video, right away Michael P had warning bells going off in my head, the guy is sketchy. But, I did continue to watch his videos, but I cannot stomach him anymore, so I stopped. The first video I watched of Stephanie's channel, or maybe it was via Michael's channel, it was Michael visiting Stephanie at her Chateau, and the thing about the lake being drained, and what had SUPPOSEDLY happened. Stephanie as well, warning bells went off in my head that something was not all in the up and up. Her and Michael together creep me out. They are two peas in pod. Stephanie might have come from wealth, but she and MP are one in the same, grifters and panderers. I can no long stomach Stephanie or her channelS, PLURAL. BUT I do watch a bit still just to keep up so I know what I am talking about before I make a comment. But I do not like her, or trust her. I DO NOT TRUST HER. Again so much I want to say. So many observations I want to share with you all. I see her Patreon again has been going a bit higher in the last couple of days. She knows what she is doing. She wants more and and more Patrons and she seems to be getting them. I do not think she is mentally all there, but I don't want to come off as rude, or too rude. This forum is very interesting. I love reading it. Once again, so much I want to say, and discuss. Bottom line is, SJ, and MP, know how to pander, and suck in their viewers. That video MP did about why he had not posted in awhile. Right away I knew he was bullshitting and pandering, and it worked, he got even more Patreon money. He does revolt me. But I am going to check into his videos once in awhile to keep ontop of his doings so I can discuss. Oh and that video where there was a hole in the ground at the chateau of DIO, that was so staged, and it was so sad to see Ryan go along with it. I kind of like Ryan, but he always makes me go Hmmm. And Michael's Swedish "friend". THIS IS WHOLE OTHER DISCUSSION I DO WANT TO GET INTO. MP also has some mental character issues. Again, this is a great forum
Welcome, Canada!

(even in a gossip forum, Canada sounds so nice. dang it! :ROFLMAO: ✌ )

This has probably already been answered, still catching up. But just in case: the lake is personal because the draining of the lake was her mistake which she wants to "make good" (reacting to what the water police said instead of waiting for official / written demands with regards to the management of the lake due to a new EU directive that had been passed). She says that she has never forgiven herself (I wouldn't have either). What probably happened is that she was alerted to costly changes to be made to the lake to bring it in line with new regulations. At the time, she did not look anything up, and did not know that because the lake is a historic landmark, she may have received a grant to help.
Ah, now I get it. So, a hundred thousand of other people's hard-earned money must pay for her idiocy.;)(n)

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Everything about her is an act (manipulation). The newest vlog was the ultimate act. Everything was regurgitated from previous vlogs, (poor memory, my ass), with the exception of the inheritance. It was nothing more than a ploy to reel in new viewers for Patreon and passive-aggressively answer tattler questions simultaneously.

Everything about her is a character. Did she always speak so posh or is it an Eliza Doolittle situation where she learned to play the part to sound higher class than what she was? An adult calling her parents Mummy and Daddy tells me she refused to grow up and possibly used it as a way to get what she wants. IDK, is that a common British way to refer to parents? In the US, it’s uncommon for an adult to call their parents Mommy and Daddy (you’d probably get laughed at or side-eyed). She’s constantly putting on a one woman show for the camera and everyone around her. I’d be exhausted being around her, I get exhausted just watching the vlogs. She’s like a hyperactive shih tzu that runs around yapping and jumping on people for attention. The only way to shut her up is to put a drink in her hand and distract her with something shiny.

I just don’t get an ounce of authenticity from her, always has to be the loudest, always the most adored, and can’t seem to let anyone else shine. She lacks humility and compassion. Has anyone ever seen her pet Diesel? Thinking about it, I don’t believe I have. When has she done anything for anyone else that doesn’t directly benefit her? Does she have real friends or are they friendships of convenience? Surely she would have attempted to risk COVID to see her BFF, MPK. But instead she risks COVID to visit Anna and Philip? All because Marie wants to take them flowers? I would have put my foot down and said “I haven’t seen my BFF in months because of COVID, I’m definitely not traveling to a strangers chateau because you want to take them flowers”. But not SJ, the visit was for content and cross promotion. I don’t even think her and MPK are as close as they want us to believe. Friendship of convenience, when they are together, they each get content and cross promotion.

Every move is calculated and motivated by one thing...money.
Agreed, she is The Infant Phenomenon!

I agree, I think Marie is totally unsuitable for a vlog, her followers mostly feel sorry for her. She could not hold my attention for more than a few seconds. If she leaves la la land, this will be a rude awakening... the followers will gradually fall away.
Remember Tomasz, I recall porky mitts, and potty advised him to start a channel and do patreon, he has now vanished. I admit I subscribed, but his vlogs had little content, and he was pushing the patreon, so I unsubscribed.(n)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes I think Marie discovered that on her return to the chateau, and really to offer her a job as a cook? What a kick in the teeth when she could have quite easily (with all the money flowing in from Patreon and YouTube) offered her a job as a part-time 'florist' for the chateau now that it will be full to brimming with 'patreons' enabling Marie to set up a little business for herself in her own time. Get out Marie, get out!
She basically retreated to the Chateau as no better opportunities presented themselves.

Why would one offer her a post as LaLande florist?

Not even billionaires have live in florists. Who’s there to see them apart from us? She’s very ordinary on the flowers and offers little value to CD worthy of a salary. Mind you she’s great on cocktails !

As for a cook position. During lockdown and with only four residents, cooking would entail 2-3 hours daily even if doing weekly shop and the clean up. She doesn’t do other menial tasking.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree, I think Marie is totally unsuitable for a vlog, her followers mostly feel sorry for her. She could not hold my attention for more than a few seconds. If she leaves la la land, this will be a rude awakening... the followers will gradually fall away.
Remember Tomasz, I recall porky mitts, and potty advised him to start a channel and do patreon, he has now vanished. I admit I subscribed, but his vlogs had little content, and he was pushing the patreon, so I unsubscribed.(n)
Tomasz always left me feeling uneasy, he tried to ingratiate himself too much. The whole mugging incident seemed suspicious, maybe I'm wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Say what you want about her - but she knows how to work patreon. I follow 3 - the other 2 are off-grid homesteaders, wow, they could learn a thing or 20 from her.

Reactions: 3
sigh... I meant if she really wanted to help Marie, also Marie could have done 'Floral Workshops' from her 'Floral Studio'. Marie was devalued as soon as SJ had BJJ. Its all over for Marie now I don't think she will ever come back because she has seen a side to SJ that she had not seen before but they will both put a fine spin on it.
You serious? She’s not a complete charity for waifs and strays. As an adult, Marie can’t keep coming home to Maman Stephanie when life gives her lemons.

Whatever one can say about SJ, she is undoubtedly more interesting on her worst day with a bag over her head than ‘Woe is me, Marie’ surrounded by a room of flowers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m still playing catch up and this forum answered so many questions I was asking myself! One of my biggest “gripes” with TCD was the lack of French content or French talking. Being French myself I love it when content creators export our culture and introduce it to foreigners. But as time went on it was clear that Stephanie is basically just British. @FrenchGirl123 touched on that and her findings on IJ‘s past explained so much. I’m surprised tho how authentic and French IJ‘s accent and way of speaking sound for someone who moved around a lot.
I expect the lack of French language in SJs vlogs is because originally it was viewed, or even aimed at, the American, British, Canadian markets (and let’s not forget Brenda - Irish market). The English language is also considered to be an international language, because it is spoken by so many people, worldwide, as a second language to their own.
As for lack of French content - well, as mentioned on here before - SJ doesn’t seem to intermingle with the local population, despite being half-French! The most French content in her vlogs - besides her mummy - is French cheese and baguettes!

Nati has an Italian passport. So yes, she's an Italian citizen.
😎. What makes the Lake so important - quite simply everyone else has a lake, river or moat and our little Princess doesn’t ! 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.