The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why Selmar is messing about with curtain tie-backs and panelling, when the downstairs powder room is still unfinished. Must be at least six months on one tiny room.
True. He's been working on that downstairs loo since October 2020 (or even earlier). How long did Ian tackle Nic's bathroom for? A lot quicker, I surmise. Imagine reshaping stones when they could have easily bought antique floor tiles, not to mention getting derailed by that s(k)eptic tank. Does the LOTL have a work timetable or do people at Lalande just wake up each morning wondering: "What job should I do today?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m going to admit I wasn’t mad at today’s vlog. While there are plenty of things that annoy me about SJ and her ethics, I’m going to give her credit for a couple of things. She appears to be taking some of the criticism from here and listening to it. She’s going to change the into, thank goodness! Hopefully she makes it shorter and cuts out the pretentious frivolity. I was happy to see her working in the greenhouse and get her hands dirty. It’s such an awesome space, I would love to have something like that. She went out to buy some compost and came back with correct stuff, kind of a first. She was dressed in normal clothing for gardening, I was expecting her to be wearing a dress, boots, and ankle length coat, so again, I was pleased to see her wearing something practical. I enjoy seeing the garden and watching people work in it. We used to have a nice little garden before we moved several years ago. There were herbs, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, celery, and beans. We canned every year. I really miss it because we don’t have the space to plant now😭. Since, we know she reads here, Steph, get rid of CATC and put gardening content there instead.
I tried to watch, but honestly hearing her say "compost" in the most annoying tone was just too much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Think he has a simple life. Perhaps he doesn’t have anything to spend money on. Also it does kinda screen lonelinesswith being willing to pay for someone else’s holiday who clearly have more than he does. Even before her YouTube “success”
But to go on an other the top vacation every year? And to pay for two? Sorry but it does not add up at all. He owns a taxi but pre-Covid was on vacation at Lalande quite a bit and would fly back and forth too. So when is he working? It’s not like he invented Uber. Still think there was some funny business at the ‘millionaires over night’ granny farm.

Do we know which year they sold Cransford Hall? SJ mentions that when she bought the HMW, that they were downsizing from a 7 bedroom house to a one bedroom.
Pretty sure they moved out of Cransford when she hit puberty.

Reactions: 8
@Sandton, that’s truly awful. There’s a lot of sketchy homes, those stories always break my heart. I was lucky to work in a good home. Yes, there was a lot to complain about, mostly the pay and lack of extra staff, but the majority of the staff was very caring with the residents, it was clean, the food was good (as far as LTC food goes).

As far as overhead for LTC is concerned, I have no idea, that’s what the administrators worried about. The interesting thing to me is Derek was the administrator, IJ was a nurse, SJ and Gerry worked there as well, how did the lines not get blurred? That’s something I’ve never seen before, family run homes aren’t something I’ve ever encountered. Homes are usually owned by the private sector, but are regulated by the state, lots of rules, guidelines, and laws. I have no idea how it’s done in the UK. I’d be especially curious to know what it was like when the Jarvis family owned it.
But don’t forget to mention the Impressive oak paneling. SJ will not rest until she has her paneling!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Marquis de Potpourri said:
She should thank Tattle Life publicly for at least giving her some ideas (and points to improve) with a "How Tattle Saved My Vlog!" (new thread title?)

parrrfect 😘 gets a vote from me !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
dB rides into town
guess there will be no G-2021 summit talks
with the influence- tit - errs

In Our Humble Opinion

badge icon

Rising star
· 2h ·

I want I want BUT I don't want to work..who created the white elephant??
Have I lost the plot...is my head so far up my bottom it would take surgery to retrieve it..am I in a time capsule....help me people because I am in a state of confusion.
We live in a world of constant change, discoveries, improvements etc.
But, not all change is good.
When did we stop teaching our off spring about "work", good old fashioned work..you do a job & get paid. You then use that money to budget & create a lifestyle that matches your income. Where & when did this pattern alter?.
I went to France in Sept 2020 just before we went into lock down here in Ireland, I quarantined for 2 weeks before I left, I took every precaution possible when I was away & spent most of the time on my own the rest socially distancing, I quarantined on my return & haven't left the house since. If we all do our best hopefully we can protect the more vulnerable in our society from covid.
We have seen in the media the public & government back lash @ " influencers" who have swanned off to sunny pastures to influence us. I would have thought by their title that they should be influencing on a more positive note.
I understand when you are an influencer you do collaborations with companies...but we are globally in a pandemic is now really the time...I couldnt believe that one of the vloggers we review here has gone to Madrid to do what I can only describe as some sort of swim wear promotion!! I got several DMs today about it.
What white elephant have we created in the room...we, society are responsible., we have fed this monster allowing the greed arrogance selfishness to grow. By our support of these influencers we are enabling this style of attitude where they believe they are better than us, we are merely "fans without opinions". I am all for helping anyone get started & I respect anyone who tries to push themselves.....BUT I can not support life styles & social ambition. I wouldn't support my own family in such endeavors I'm certainly not going to help a "stranger".
I believe that once an influencer gets their channel monetized they should be on their own two feet. That way they will have a reason to get out of bed in the morning, a reason to think about content etc. If they build up a good following they will receive over €10k+ per month which is a good salary in any country. What incentive do they have if their bank balance is stuffed every month with donations. Would we not be better to help new start ups or other organisations who are trying to improve the lives of those who are suffering..water education health etc. Surely this is better.
If an influencer has a "project" that can be looked at differently.
I couldn't believe when I was sent a copy of an amazon wish list than an influencer had compiled...I didn't know that these existed. I had heard about it on 1 other occasion but assumed it was something the person had put together themselves. How naive am I?..it's like a wedding list...there was all sorts on it from food mixers..fancy light bulbs..fancier trainers..smeg food mixer..hello??? I joke you not, if 1 of my sons or grandchildren done that I would be motified...I would want to find an extremely large hole & throw myself in it! Is there no end to this epidemic of expecting others to finance your lifestyle??
God bless us thats an awful ramble, but I needed to vent thoughts..tell me am I on my own with these opinions

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I love Dan the Gardener. Latest vlog SJ is working in the greenhouse. He says, " I am afraid you are going to Stephanie my garden area. I am afraid I will come out here and you will have Spode hanging in here." :)
"Stephanized" Greenhouse (more blue and white house).
spode garden.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
whist doing some research ...cough :m strolled onto ma pethericks "the Waltons" page

browsing - few comments ..ending with " I say this with the deepest respect......"
telling how they deleted their subscriptions...for sadie
why should Ma Petherick be promoting sadie ..selmar ..marie
when its SIR TROTTERS page .....
thinking to myself ...ma petherick ..you should be on patrol 24 / 7 ;)

getting screenshots ......and pooooof
gone
there was 27 comments ....pasteurised down to 15
heres what i managed
even polite ..constructive opinions
sanitised .....they won't learn ..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: says you...
That was pretty constructive criticism. Sadie did ask people to be nice, and these ladies kind of were. Pethericks probably assume every criticism is from here now that they've vaguevertised tattle in multiple videos. It's hard to look at where she lives and not assume you'd enjoy being there all day more than she appears to be. Go outside more. Put your luxurious locks in a bun and walk the dogs every morning, because no future boss is going to think that was a great job interview. You're making crafts and youtubin in your apartment while your daughter is at school, but you live in a place that people pay to see. You and Guin really need to put your heads together and watch Positano Diaries or something. Your family is burning bridges before you can even cross them. Absolutely support you getting a horse though. Anyway. I'll catch up on the pages I missed now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

The Petherick thread

I'm sorry to be critical but even if a person is gay that really doesn't give them license to talk in a disparaging way about gays...I've always felt the same way when races talk about their common race in a disparaging way...just my own personal feelings...I'll just scroll past the posts by that person from now on.
Agreed...

Reactions: 1
Browsed quickly through and found only three thread name suggestions. Many of you have the way with words, could you muster a few more?

👍 "How Tattle Saved My Vlog!" @Marquis de Potpourri
❤ "La Folle du Château de la Fleur Fanée" @TheTaxInspector
:ROFLMAO: "A pile of tit, fossilized tit, but tit nevertheless" @FrankieG

• Haha
Reactions: 21
We all should charge her a consultation fee😂. The onion part was funny for all the wrong reasons! It‘s technically her garden, (even though today was the first time I’ve seen her really do anything in it), she should know what’s been planted. That part made me SMH.
they have so much space I can't believe Dan told her there was no room for more onions, garlic and shallots. The beds could use some mulch, but since they're bare, they could plant the thousands of packets of seeds that weren't shown on camera on top of any onion sets. They don't grow enough of anything and the garden has looked pretty sparse since I started watching.

Reactions: 11
There’s a ton of money to be made in the care facility industry, tons.
The granny farms are the most vile and disgusting "trades" in existence. They call it CARE, it is not care, it is exploitation, and abuse in many cases. When I worked in finance in London, many moons ago, I was abhorred by the profit made on the suffering and vulnerability of the elderly.

Nothing would surprise me at all about mummy, but I doubt they swindeled any elderly out of property. It is not that easy to persuade a person to change their will. The law is quite strict and close attention would be paid to questionnable inheritances.

I believe they earned their fortune from the profits of running the business, with the refurbishment of the property having a significant positive impact on the final valuation of the 'going concern'.

Care homes in NL are excellent, but I would never, ever, put an elderly person in a care home in the UK.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They have a lot more to plant being that it’s so early in the season. They plant a lot of tomatoes, IDK how many beds they used for them, but I’m guessing 2 to 3? Plus, peppers, zucchini, beans, the flower beds, I can’t remember what else they plant. They have strawberries in 1 or 2 beds. The vegetable beds looked pretty good, not overcrowded. The flower beds did look a bit sparse, could be that all of dahlia bulbs didn’t take very well last year with them being sent to her London flat. Did the flower beds get built last year or the year before? If it was last year, that could be why they were a bit empty, maybe they started planting too late.

Reactions: 3
But to go on an other the top vacation every year? And to pay for two? Sorry but it does not add up at all. He owns a taxi but pre-Covid was on vacation at Lalande quite a bit and would fly back and forth too. So when is he working? It’s not like he invented Uber.
Ryanair flights to Limoges are approximately GBP10, he is picked up at the airport and has free accommodation and meals. So, the trips to Lalande don't cost very much.

I would imagine his holiday gift to her is a way of showing appreciation. Perhaps he goes there when he is lonely? If he has a quiet social life, he probably saves for the holiday, I would imagine it is the highlight of his year.

Your family is burning bridges before you can even cross them.
Well said.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They have a lot more to plant being that it’s so early in the season. They plant a lot of tomatoes, IDK how many beds they used for them, but I’m guessing 2 to 3? Plus, peppers, zucchini, beans, the flower beds, I can’t remember what else they plant. They have strawberries in 1 or 2 beds. The vegetable beds looked pretty good, not overcrowded. The flower beds did look a bit sparse, could be that all of dahlia bulbs didn’t take very well last year with them being sent to her London flat. Did the flower beds get built last year or the year before? If it was last year, that could be why they were a bit empty, maybe they started planting too late.
I just figure they have tons of seed and it hasn't been that much colder there than it has been where I live (mostly in years past for me though, our winter has been really mild this year and everything is trying to bolt). I just think that garden would be so much nicer with a little wild permaculture approach, instead of naked onions six inches apart. They aren't going to get that big. I cram way more than that into my raised beds and have tons to give away. Also she should start the next two months of flower seeds right now. Direct sow lettuce and cabbage and it'll sprout. If some of it dies, no big deal, but if grass is alive, lettuce will be too. Bareroot fruit trees would also be a good idea right now. JUST SOME IDEAS.

Reactions: 9
Ryanair flights to Limoges are approximately GBP10, he is picked up at the airport and has free accommodation and meals. So, the trips to Lalande don't cost very much.

I would imagine his holiday gift to her is a way of showing appreciation. Perhaps he goes there when he is lonely? If he has a quiet social life, he probably saves for the holiday, I would imagine it is the highlight of his year.

Well said.
So when does he work to afford the travel? And Gerry is very social and I’m pretty sure he has a social life in the UK.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.