The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps he is going deaf? Could be, as he spent his working life in noisy workshops and his leisure hours dancing to music through loudspeakers.

Reactions: 5
Dan's Mercedes is not brand new, and (if it's not lent to them) it looks like they brought it with them from the UK (right-hand drive).
It's a 14-year old vehicle (2007) for crying out loud!
Exactly! Mercedes-Benz C-Class are used as taxis in Germany. From the Christmas vlogs, it seems Annalaise's family were visiting and it looked like their car from the Ikea trip. I think they probably left it for them, as they have another vehicle (a ute/medium pick-up).

Reactions: 4
Exactly! Mercedes-Benz C-Class are used as taxis in Germany. From the Christmas vlogs, it seems Annalaise's family were visiting and it looked like their car from the Ikea trip. I think they probably left it for them, as they have another vehicle (a ute/medium pick-up).
Perhaps Dan needs his own forum with every other post being about that bloody car 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’m going to admit I wasn’t mad at today’s vlog. While there are plenty of things that annoy me about SJ and her ethics, I’m going to give her credit for a couple of things. She appears to be taking some of the criticism from here and listening to it. She’s going to change the into, thank goodness! Hopefully she makes it shorter and cuts out the pretentious frivolity. I was happy to see her working in the greenhouse and get her hands dirty. It’s such an awesome space, I would love to have something like that. She went out to buy some compost and came back with correct stuff, kind of a first. She was dressed in normal clothing for gardening, I was expecting her to be wearing a dress, boots, and ankle length coat, so again, I was pleased to see her wearing something practical. I enjoy seeing the garden and watching people work in it. We used to have a nice little garden before we moved several years ago. There were herbs, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, celery, and beans. We canned every year. I really miss it because we don’t have the space to plant now😭. Since, we know she reads here, Steph, get rid of CATC and put gardening content there instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Hi Stephanie! Good to see you here. ;) ✌
[/QUOTE]
I'm American and she's old enough to be my mother. 🤡

I do agree she needs to be better at marketing. If I'd been dumped by the literal "Craziest man in America" I'd have that on a t-shirt IMMEDIATELY.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m going to admit I wasn’t mad at today’s vlog. While there are plenty of things that annoy me about SJ and her ethics, I’m going to give her credit for a couple of things. She appears to be taking some of the criticism from here and listening to it. She’s going to change the into, thank goodness! Hopefully she makes it shorter and cuts out the pretentious frivolity. I was happy to see her working in the greenhouse and get her hands dirty. It’s such an awesome space, I would love to have something like that. She went out to buy some compost and came back with correct stuff, kind of a first. She was dressed in normal clothing for gardening, I was expecting her to be wearing a dress, boots, and ankle length coat, so again, I was pleased to see her wearing something practical. I enjoy seeing the garden and watching people work in it. We used to have a nice little garden before we moved several years ago. There were herbs, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, celery, and beans. We canned every year. I really miss it because we don’t have the space to plant now😭. Since, we know she reads here, Steph, get rid of CATC and put gardening content there instead.
I think she is more aware about her patreons and what happens here than we think...The laughter about her intro..she is making a new one i am sure....we mention the garden...voila she is in the garden..she sees clearly that if she doesnt do anything with that place..and keeps the vlogs entertaining..with normal stuff ..not all that eccentricity....she at the end looses her patreons..If you start ..you have to deliver..if not..you will loose in the end..so Stef.. start the renovations..cut the crap and do something..this vlog is a nice start forward..we dont want to see you partying all the time..most people cant even go to a restaurant these horrible times..keep it simple and start working..you live in a nice place..make something of it..and keep your life simple..when I see you come back from the greenhouse..and Marie is cooking dinner..you are lucky with all those people around you...keep it that way..its in your own hands..dont spoil it..

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I’m going to admit I wasn’t mad at today’s vlog. While there are plenty of things that annoy me about SJ and her ethics, I’m going to give her credit for a couple of things. She appears to be taking some of the criticism from here and listening to it. She’s going to change the into, thank goodness! Hopefully she makes it shorter and cuts out the pretentious frivolity. I was happy to see her working in the greenhouse and get her hands dirty. It’s such an awesome space, I would love to have something like that. She went out to buy some compost and came back with correct stuff, kind of a first. She was dressed in normal clothing for gardening, I was expecting her to be wearing a dress, boots, and ankle length coat, so again, I was pleased to see her wearing something practical. I enjoy seeing the garden and watching people work in it. We used to have a nice little garden before we moved several years ago. There were herbs, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, celery, and beans. We canned every year. I really miss it because we don’t have the space to plant now😭. Since we know she reads here, Steph, get rid of CATC and put gardening content there instead.
1. She is scraping at the bottom of the vlogging content barrel.
2. A lot more reno "work": Selmar's work in the Marquis's apartment, Dan's gardening, a trip to the garden center and the actual gardening, and Philip's work on the bed. Her patrons are looking for more work vlogs than parties.
3. Buys the right soil but gets the wrong vegetables to plant (now they have to have come up with some sort of Onion Festival at Lalande).
4. The donkey bit. (They're really running out of ideas).
5. At least the vlog did not end with a party and "Cheers, everyone! Cheers!"

She should thank Tattle Life publicly for at least giving her some ideas (and points to improve) with a "How Tattle Saved My Vlog!" (new thread title?)

Reactions: 23
That would be a disaster though. With none of them showing any interest in gardening. Even road kill girl wouldn’t be into gardening. They need a dedicated volunteer. There is so much work there that Dan won’t get to all of it. So hopefully they can tend to the planted seeds and not expect him to do it as well. Things are going to be fast moving over the next couple of months and I doubt Isabelle will be back anytime soon to coordinate it all.

Reactions: 12
Hi Stephanie! Good to see you here. ;) ✌
I'm American and she's old enough to be my mother. 🤡

I do agree she needs to be better at marketing. If I'd been dumped by the literal "Craziest man in America" I'd have that on a t-shirt IMMEDIATELY.
[/QUOTE]

My mom is 46--a year older than Princess Stephanie!

Reactions: 9
I was a bit irked by BJJ stapling the fabric on the frames to hold the matresses... How do you wash it? How do you avoid dirt or bedbugs?

Also did BJJ and Sir Trotter meet? Was it in a Giftgrab video? When? I'd love to see that exchange of looks disdain those two gave each other... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That would be a disaster though. With none of them showing any interest in gardening. Even road kill girl wouldn’t be into gardening. They need a dedicated volunteer. There is so much work there that Dan won’t get to all of it. So hopefully they can tend to the planted seeds and not expect him to do it as well. Things are going to be fast moving over the next couple of months and I doubt Isabelle will be back anytime soon to coordinate it all.
I could go there:p qualified in agriculture and so on..but i am not going to..I have enough work with my own estate in Burgundy..when i am at least aloud to go there...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
1. She is scraping at the bottom of the vlogging content barrel.
2. A lot more reno "work": Selmar's work in the Marquis's apartment, Dan's gardening, a trip to the garden center and the actual gardening, and Philip's work on the bed. Her patrons are looking for more work vlogs than parties.
3. Buys the right soil but gets the wrong vegetables to plant (now they have to have come up with some sort of Onion Festival at Lalande).
4. The donkey bit. (They're really running out of ideas).
5. At least the vlog did not end with a party and "Cheers, everyone! Cheers!"

She should thank Tattle Life publicly for at least giving her some ideas (and points to improve) with a "How Tattle Saved My Vlog!" (new thread title?)
We all should charge her a consultation fee😂. The onion part was funny for all the wrong reasons! It‘s technically her garden, (even though today was the first time I’ve seen her really do anything in it), she should know what’s been planted. That part made me SMH.

It was a more down to earth video, granted she’ll never be relatable, but she seems to be getting the message to try to tone down the excess lifestyle. It’s a smart move as more people are taking notice to the money wasted on the parties and frivolities. Are there people out there who enjoy the partying and high life living segments of her vlog? Because I just don’t get it, I can’t think of anyone I know who lives like that, it just comes off so pretentious. I don’t want to see her buy Spode, I want to see her buy more compost and spread manure in the planting beds😂.

Reactions: 12
Few points from comments:

>. i dont know if Michael’s other brother lives in Manchester but Michael lived in Manchester for 10 years. Lived north Manchester near Heaton Park, has friends in Stockport. (Consult maps for locations]
> SJ highest tier was limited to 50 but now 150 (she’s money mad!) there are only 91 places left ... so let’s all sign up 🤣
> Latest figures are £18,000 + per month with over 2,700 idiots patreons paying her.
> Michael’s unemployment benefit Patreons - only coughing up little over £4K ☹
> Granny farm must have been sold prior to 2004 when they bought the shatoo as they (in SJ’s own words) took so much time travelling all over France looking for somewhere to buy. It was up for sale again few years later for £2.7 million.
> If Daddy bought SJ (another) flat after she sold her first one (which her parents must also have bought - as she never worked to qualify for a mortgage) that would have been after 2004 and he died 2009 - big tax due on that ‘gift’!
> Many thanks to whoever posted the ‘Quiz’ only managed couple of minutes! As for Sadies latest, well despite several pleas from Mrs P to watch and support her unemployed daughter - sorry but one vlog was enough .... never again!
> Now must leave as you’ve all forced me to watch the latest vlog so I know what’s being discussed!
Goodnight all 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was a bit irked by BJJ stapling the fabric on the frames to hold the matresses... How do you wash it? How do you avoid dirt or bedbugs?

Also did BJJ and Sir Trotter meet? Was it in a Giftgrab video? When? I'd love to see that exchange of looks disdain those two gave each other... :LOL:
[/QUOT
You don't.
Omg i looked with horror at that bed..not even a decent structure under the matrass..and the answer to if those two queens met.. yes they did..i cannot remember which vlog it was..but it was in Philips early weeks there..they didnt seem to get on very well...

Reactions: 4
She can pull weeds, plant some seeds. I wouldn‘t call on her to do landscaping or pruning. Gardening isn’t complicated but it’s a lot of work and you have to be diligent. Dan can give her a little bit of babysitting and she’ll improve. They do need a volunteer or hire someone local for extra help. The garden and landscaping the grounds are way to much work for one person, IDK what he gets paid, but it’s definitely not enough!

I look at like this, if they are all eating the produce that comes from the garden, maybe they could spend a little time working in it so Dan can focus on other things. They can pull weeds, sow seeds, pick produce. I would think they take turns with chores or whatever it is they do in the house, why not do the same in the garden, (unless IJ doesn’t allow it).

Reactions: 9
But my Dutch friend didn't learn English at his school. He is in his sixties now, so not that much older than Selmar, and it just wasn't on offer at the time. Perhaps things were different in Limburg. I'm not sure where Selmar is from.
I think Selmar is 53

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.