The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Dan the Gardener. Latest vlog SJ is working in the green house. He says, " I am afraid you are going to Stephanie my garden area. I am afraid I will come out here and you will have Spode hanging in here." :)
I'm always amazed how self deprecating she is. She doesn't edit the digs, age comments or how little she works. Honestly not thrilled with the actual work down around the Chateau.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love Selmar ...but his English :oops: Talking about paddeling in stead of panneling:p She kept a straight face though...i think i couldnt..:p
:ROFLMAO:

I will never criticize Selmar for his English (except for s[k]eptic tank)...I'm very much like him when I (try to) speak Yiddish.:ROFLMAO:✌

Wait, I'm confused. I thought Olivia was Sadie's daughter. Do we actually think she's Billy's daughter?
Someone said that Sadie perhaps doesn't really exist. She's probably just Billy wearing a wig. Sadie looks so much like Billy.

Reactions: 8
:ROFLMAO:

I will never criticize Selmar for his English...I'm very much like him when I (try to) speak Yiddish.:ROFLMAO:✌
Thats true, but the most people in The Netherlands speak much better English than Selmar..i sometimes think he has a bit of a problem with reading etc..But anyway.. you should try dutch... :p And Stef kept saying panneling panneling...and he kept saying paddeling paddeling..if I was him i would listen and try to learn and improve..

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thats true, but the most people in The Netherlands speak much better English than Selmar..i sometimes think he has a bit of a problem with reading etc..But anyway.. you should try dutch... :p
I was last in the Netherlands in summer 2019, people spoke English so well, I didn't bother learning any Dutch. Waarom zou ik? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The lucky winner got to pick a 5 minute 1:1 zoom call with either nutti marie or Phillip 😉 😂
And the booby prize (for non UK that means 2nd place) they get 20 minutes 1:1 zoom with Philip!!! 😂 🤣

• Haha
Shows how boring the latest vlogs are as we are forced to scrape the barrel and gossip about Thermomixes and Dan's car!

Selmar is of the generation that wouldn't have compulsorily learnt English in school. I have a close friend from Maastricht in the same boat. He doesn't seem all that bothered about improving his English now though, or perhaps he is just not linguistically minded. I would have thought he would have been fairly fluent after nearly a year at the chateau. There is a touch of stubbornness or maybe arrogance about him I think, as he could so easily put his video intro through a translator or spell-checker. He seems almost to be wilfully displaying his pidgin English.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So Dan made some dronefootage..she said.. we maybe can make a new intro...that would be nice.:p.get rid of that yellow bird next to the gate shouting..Hi i am Stephanie...:p

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Shows how boring the latest vlogs are as we are forced to scrape the barrel and gossip about Thermomixes and Dan's car!

Selmar is of the generation that wouldn't have compulsorily learnt English in school. I have a close friend from Maastricht in the same boat. He doesn't seem all that bothered about improving his English now though, or perhaps he is just not linguistically minded. I would have thought he would have been fairly fluent after nearly a year at the chateau. There is a touch of stubbornness or maybe arrogance about him I think, as he could so easily put his video intro through a translator or spell-checker. He seems almost to be wilfully displaying his pidgin English.
I dont know how old Selmar is...but i can tell you that English is something you learn in The Netherlands from early on..at least I did..and i am 53..i think he has a bit of learning difficulties,,that would explain his lack of good English..but nevertheless i like Selmar a lot..

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
But my Dutch friend didn't learn English at his school. He is in his sixties now, so not that much older than Selmar, and it just wasn't on offer at the time. Perhaps things were different in Limburg. I'm not sure where Selmar is from.

Reactions: 5
Yes my car is 22 years old in May. Every January when it goes for its MOT I think will this be the year
I get a new car, but no it goes on and on! My OH looks after it. His car is only about 12 years old!
Well if it’s car counting years mine is - unlucky for some - 13 years old and failed it’s MOT on Tuesday. All’s not lost though as only minor point and it’s back for slight repair and re-test tomorrow. Biggest worry is - I have to get on public transport to get home and then back to pick it up!!! Not used public transport throughout all lockdowns!!! Double mask and lots of hand gel! Wish me luck. 🤞

• Heart
It's already at page 45 and I haven't seen very many (if ANY!!!) suggestions for a new thread title yet....not that I have any ideas but I do like seeing all the suggestions.

Reactions: 2
Selmar was born in 1968. Which would make him 53 this year.
Maybe he is more crafty than bookish...🤷‍♀️

Just seen on instagram

if you enlarge the date it is written as 2021-02-1900
The "Christmas Fairy" (to quote Billy) is having a wonderful and gay time with Gustavooooo in Madrid!

Thanks to all the Patreons who make it all possible.
If you're a patron of Doing It Ourselves, please know that you are making the Christmas Fairy's dream come true!

christmas fairy.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
But my Dutch friend didn't learn English at his school. He is in his sixties now, so not that much older than Selmar, and it just wasn't on offer at the time. Perhaps things were different in Limburg. I'm not sure where Selmar is from.
I guess when he is in his late sixties..and didnt have a very good education it could be..

Selmar was born in 1968. Which would make him 53 this year.
Maybe he is more crafty than bookish...🤷‍♀️
I think so too..nothing wrong with that..but when i was him i would listen...when our dear Chat-o-lain says 4 times panneling...and he keeps adding paddeling..that makes me think..

The "Christmas Fairy" (to quote Billy) is having a wonderful and gay time with Gustavooooo in Madrid!

Thanks to all the Patreons who make it all possible.
If you're a patron of Doing It Ourselves, please know that you are making the Christmas Fairy's dream come true!

View attachment 444718
At least no vlog from him this week so far..busy spreading his wings i suppose.. :p or his legs..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.