The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I would like to see more preservation/improvements than decoration but, who knows, if the money keeps coming in after the lake is restored, even that may become achievable.
Serious question: What makes the lake more important than other parts of the shat-oh?

A hundred thousand euros (from other people's hard work) to restore a lake can go a long way to do more important restoration projects in the castle (that they do not own).

There’s a lot of Italian immigrants in Argentina
I know that. There are tonnes of Jews there too! But is she Italian by citizenship (i.e. European)?

Reactions: 3
Oh sweet baby 👶 jeebus
my face hurts ..... I haven’t laughed that much all day 😭😭😳😳

brenda - your a piece of work 😜💫💫
seriously fair play to you -

one ☝ thing the Goverment minister for entertainment is from Donegal
have a word with him babes !!!!

tattlers need funding for our block booking
conference .... at multipal destination s

were going on tour 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸
Please for the love of all you hold dear do not feature BG in any furtu

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m still playing catch up and this forum answered so many questions I was asking myself! One of my biggest “gripes” with TCD was the lack of French content or French talking. Being French myself I love it when content creators export our culture and introduce it to foreigners. But as time went on it was clear that Stephanie is basically just British. @FrenchGirl123 touched on that and her findings on IJ‘s past explained so much. I’m surprised tho how authentic and French IJ‘s accent and way of speaking sound for someone who moved around a lot.
Her mother (Stephanie's grandmother) was French (her first name is very French) and married her Italian-born husband.
She spoke to her children in french with her South West (Béziers) accent. And the family lived in the French colonies anyway where the language was French.
That explains 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Just been watching latest Petheriks' vlog. Billy at the Broccante eyeing up the most hideous cabinet. "I think that's bootiful' - No Billy it's not it's ghastly. Step away from the cabinet Billy 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Serious question: What makes the lake more important than other parts of the shat-oh?

A hundred thousand euros (from other people's hard work) to restore a lake can go a long way to do more important restoration projects in the castle (that they do not own).

I know that. There are tonnes of Jews there too! But is she Italian by citizenship (i.e. European)?
Nati has an Italian passport. So yes, she's an Italian citizen.

Reactions: 3
this makes sense. I thought he paid way more than that but your info seems legit.
however, I still wonder what happened to that money and why wasn't invested back into the Chateau or to restore the collapsing vault in the chapel.
SJ "promised" the old owners that the chapel was going to be the first thing they would renovate. fast forward 16 years, the chapel is still there, waiting to be restored. She's so weird.
She probably spent some of it on her trips abroad. Being a hard-working person:unsure:;), she probably felt the need to take a break...

• Haha
One of my biggest “gripes” with TCD was the lack of French content or French talking.
They're trying to put this right on the film set in England, but Covid's making it difficult to add French people to the cast and Scrounger
Jarvis is linguistically challenged.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That's ridiculous, moderators aren't bots that automatically remove posts - Please read our rules and why they're important
Two Cents - Brenda could be very well working on getting the thread shut down. Recommending the thread on her page opens the door to 1) new members coming on and breaking tattle rules on purpose to get the thread shut down OR 2) new members coming on and continually reporting posts until the thread gets shut down. I don't really know if it is even possible to get a thread shut down? But my suggestion (which everyone can take or leave) is to tighten up the ship and be careful what you post. 🤷‍♀️

Not trying to moderate!! Just offering another opinion in regards to starting a DB fan club 😜

One of my biggest “gripes” with TCD was the lack of French content or French talking. Being French myself I love it when content creators export our culture and introduce it to foreigners.
Maybe Stephanie Jarvis can do what her BFF "teabag trotter" did! Go to a local dairy farm in the Crozon-sur-Vauvre area, get some milk, talk to cows in French. Perhaps she can step it up a bit by making her own beurre. But that might be a little too serf-esque. She's a princess!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She probably spent some of it on her trips abroad. Being a hard-working person:unsure:;), she probably felt the need to take a break...
She didn't get the money, Nic did. Nic sold MP a percentage of his share in Lalande. I believe Nic and Marie are using the money to renovate the Gardener's Cottage.

Maybe Stephanie Jarvis can do what her BFF "teabag trotter" did! Go to a local dairy farm in the Crozon-sur-Vauvre area, get some milk, talk to cows in French. Perhaps she can step it up a bit by making her own beurre. But that might be a little too serf-esque. She's a princess!
Yes, I'm wondering whether 'Teabag Trotter' likes to serve tea or be served... given his success as a scrounger (he likes to receive rather than give) it is likely to be the latter... Is the tea served in the shato or the pauper's cottage (boat cabin)? 🤣

• Haha
Two Cents - Brenda could be very well working on getting the thread shut down. Recommending the thread on her page opens the door to 1) new members coming on and breaking tattle rules on purpose to get the thread shut down OR 2) new members coming on and continually reporting posts until the thread gets shut down. I don't really know if it is even possible to get a thread shut down? But my suggestion (which everyone can take or leave) is to tighten up the ship and be careful what you post. 🤷‍♀️

Not trying to moderate!! Just offering another opinion in regards to starting a DB fan club 😜
Your summaries are exceedingly good reads! Looking forward to the next one :)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.