The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, how many of these people have British citizenship? I wouldn't expect non-Americans to sing our national anthem or recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag, it's bizarre. Where is Ma Belle? Doesn't she have dual citizenship? Maybe not. How about Kat? She can sing and she's British. Anne Marie? I just don't get it. It's like Fanny quickly rounded up the nearest go-alongs for an impromptu sing along. Uncle Steve's hurrah at the end was too much! What a buffoon and attention seeker.
I thought that too.
But I'm an American really feeling it -- still, I wouldn't do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A lovely tribute from President Macron:

"To you she was "our Queen. To us, she was "THE Queen."

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Clara.😘

Really horrible! I find this staged event beyond bad taste. Also, how many of these people have British citizenship? I wouldn't expect non-Americans to sing our national anthem or recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag, it's bizarre. Where is Ma Belle? Doesn't she have dual citizenship? Maybe not. How about Kat? She can sing and she's British. Anne Marie? I just don't get it. It's like Fanny quickly rounded up the nearest go-alongs for an impromptu sing along. Uncle Steve's hurrah at the end was too much! What a buffoon and attention seeker.
That was exactly what I thought too - thinking how many of them are actually British citizens? Therefore, why should it actually mean anything to most them or, that they should know the words either? Absolutely ridiculous.
SJ just doing what her N thought process felt was appropriate but, in such a cringeworthy OTT manner - and yet again, totally miss reading the room and getting it 100% wrong,
IJ in very many past vlogs has been seen to know every single word of the French national anthem and would shout it from the grafters, but on this occasion, was exceedingly quiet, imho.
Again, I thought that PA looked exceptionally uncomfortable too - as in, he really didn't want to be there. Stockholm syndrome springs to my mind!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree. It happens to me too. I think you generally need to wait a little while until someone else makes a post in between, well that is what I have come to accept.

I just want to say that I am personally finding it rather difficult to come to terms with the news regarding QEII, not that I ever met her, of course! I felt exactly the same when Diana died - never met her either but, both events caused devastatingly total sadness for me. Especially, even more so in the light of all the media tributes today - totally appreciated but, still so extremely sad. I honestly thought that QEII would live to at least 100 - it was in her genes. I always feel most sad for those that are left behind no matter what connection to me, if any.

I appreciate that death comes to us all eventually, but in view of everything that the entire world has been through in the past few years, it seems to have had a heightened impact on me. I lost very close family members during the Pandemic and it wasn't made any easier with the Gov restrictions either, actually, far worse!

It just feels to me like the world has been relentlessly turned upside down in recent years and everything that was once considered to be a "constant stablishing influence" in our lives has been totally ripped apart - yet again!

And, I too was 100% embarrassed by SJ's last minute cobbled together attempt at a tribute to QEII in her vlog last night - it was just so cringeworthy and disrespectful. I switched off within a second. PJ/Percy looked particularly uncomfortable, imho!

Apologies for ranting here but I just needed to get the above off my chest. God alone only knows what I will be like on the actual day of her funeral.
I think she must have felt the loss of the Duke of Edinburgh profoundly, he had been her constant throughout their married life, so I feel thankful in a way that she did not have to spend many more years without him. Can I just mention that I watched Charles and Camilla or rather King Charles III and the Queen viscount greet the crowds outside of the palace, which I thought was a lovely gesture, given how he must be feeling. However the woman that thought it was appropriate to cup his face and kiss him crossed boundaries. Why did she think this was ok. The King of England. Could you ever imagine anyone doing this to the Queen. It reminded me of the time when Gerry Halliwell thought it was ok to do the same. Is it just me? We could argue that she was expressing her emotions, showing empathy, a handshake or a pat on the arm maybe, but to kiss him. Any other circumstances & people would call it sexual harrasment or assault. I had to cover my eyes with embarrasment... sorry for my rant.. x

The cast of clowns and their pretend sympathy. GROSS
The lady by the wall... isn't she the volunteer that met up with FRK in Hawarth... is it Josie? Presumably she's a patreon

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Clara.😘

Really horrible! I find this staged event beyond bad taste. Also, how many of these people have British citizenship? I wouldn't expect non-Americans to sing our national anthem or recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag, it's bizarre. Where is Ma Belle? Doesn't she have dual citizenship? Maybe not. How about Kat? She can sing and she's British. Anne Marie? I just don't get it. It's like Fanny quickly rounded up the nearest go-alongs for an impromptu sing along. Uncle Steve's hurrah at the end was too much! What a buffoon and attention seeker.
Just wondering……SJ barely acknowledged the Jubilee. This God save the Queen stunt felt very much tossed together for the viewers. Maybe they are anti monarchy?! Just a thought.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Came across this snippet in an article about the Queen's wardrobe throughout her life. My highlighting of the last sentence.

"Hartnell’s success was matched by that of his contemporary, Hardy Amies, The Queen’s other key designer from the 1950s onwards. For all their competitiveness, both were masters of their art, avoiding the trap of creating anything too overtly fashionable, which would swiftly become dated. As Amies observed in his memoir: ‘Style is so much more satisfactory than chic. Style has heart and respects the past; chic, on the other hand, is ruthless and lives entirely for the present.’"

For some inexplicable (not really) reason, Stephanie came to mind. I don't mean that as a compliment.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Can I just mention that I watched Charles and Camilla or rather King Charles III and the Queen viscount greet the crowds outside of the palace, which I thought was a lovely gesture, given how he must be feeling. However the woman that thought it was appropriate to cup his face and kiss him crossed boundaries. Why did she think this was ok. The King of England. Could you ever imagine anyone doing this to the Queen. It reminded me of the time when Gerry Halliwell thought it was ok to do the same. Is it just me? We could argue that she was expressing her emotions, showing empathy, a handshake or a pat on the arm maybe, but to kiss him. Any other circumstances & people would call it sexual harrasment or assault. I had to cover my eyes with embarrasment...
I thought exactly the same. That woman was interviewed just now on BBC and she spoke with a heavy accent and so I assume she may have been a foreign tourist.
I found the crowd's reaction to the new King at the Palace surprising moving. I am very definitely anti-Boris but I felt that his tribute to the late Queen in Parliament today was most suitable, as was the new PM's, Sir Keir Starmer, Harriet Harmon and Theresa May, who surprised me with her warm and witty tribute.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
images (3).jpeg

Patron day thoughts...

Well done on a Strategically timed bad back, wonder how many jobs this dodged, I mean delegated, and how many grannies she avoided having to stand listening to.

Hope they had lots of bits of cardboard on hand to fold up for propping those tables up when they 'wobble on cobbles'! Good job all their tea pots are cheap tat from emmaus, because snorts isnt letting patrons touch his handpainted tea sets. Simarly, I hope the old patrons had sticks for propping themselves up when they too wobble on the cobbles.

Dan's suggestion of marquees could have looked stunning with fairy lights etc, but no, let's dine alongside the spiders, broken doors and peacock sh*t, heaven forbid spending money on entertaining the old bats, they're hear to pay us not vice versa.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Coins, stamps, letter boxes, royal patronage stamps of approval etc, etc - to name just a few!
Not meaning to be offensive, but all the changes to be made throughout England and the commonwealth for King Charles III to update the above.
WE are heading into a global recession, Northern areas being hit with massive oil etc price rises heading into winter. Surely for a 73 year old King some delay should be a priority.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hold on just one second, I smell another giant rat that so-called french/ dutch couple that was elaborately narrated as the love story of the century and that it really collates with your story and is just so unique and unusual. What was the narrative their SJ did the dutch toyboy help buy her chateau? or was he another grifter too? Because you seemed to have set that up as collaboration or sponsorship and another transactional relationship he discounts his dead wife's painting for exposure on your channel. Because snorty kept on talking saying how he had checked out her portfolio online. And clearly, that painting had been commissioned some time ago. And by the way, even your lack of judgment and greed really showed through on steaming ahead with that stream I had a youtube channel once AND YOU CAN CHOOSE TO TURN OFF the super chat donation bar but you didn't. FYI for the brits followers, she has wouldn't it have been more appropriate to sing God save the King song, or let's have a minute of silence?

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Not meaning to be offensive, but all the changes to be made throughout England and the commonwealth for King Charles III to update the above.
WE are heading into a global recession, Northern areas being hit with massive oil etc price rises heading into winter. Surely for a 73 year old King some delay should be a priority.
Are you nuts? This is all a distraction. China in financial turmoil, Bundes Bank collapsing. America in turmoil. Charles 3 will be a distraction to what is going on behind the scenes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The woman that planted the smacker on the King when asked where she was from said some area near or in London could not make it out. She then said that she is Greek and felt some kinship. (Paraphrasing)
The moment must have over taken her.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.