The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE

I too feel that she must have felt the loss of the Duke of Edinburgh profoundly, he had been her constant throughout their married life, so I feel thankful in a way that she did not have to spend many more years without him. Can I just mention that I watched Charles and Camilla or rather King Charles III and the Queen viscount greet the crowds outside of the palace, which I thought was a lovely gesture, given how he must be feeling. However the woman that thought it was appropriate to cup his face and kiss him crossed boundaries. Why did she think this was ok. The King of England. Could you ever imagine anyone doing this to the Queen. It reminded me of the time when Gerry Halliwell thought it was ok to do the same. Is it just me? We could argue that she was expressing her emotions, showing empathy, a handshake or a pat on the arm maybe, but to kiss him. Any other circumstances & people would call it sexual harrasment or assault. I had to cover my eyes with embarrasment... sorry for my rant.. x

QEII and Prince Philip first meet each other in 1939 = 82 years ago till his death last year.
I personally don't know, in my own lifetime, any other couple who ever reached that milestone.
I absolutely 100% agree with you, what purpose did the Queen see as her future after Philip died or, just what was the point in continuing without him? It is not rare for the one who is left behind to feel that way from what I am led to believe.
In her own words, "her job was for absolute life" AND, imho, she more than fulfilled that role, most times at the expense of her own personal, private and family life,
I agree with you, defo crossing personal boundaries with the kissing lark too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I thought exactly the same. That woman was interviewed just now on BBC and she spoke with a heavy accent and so I assume she may have been a foreign tourist.
I found the crowd's reaction to the new King at the Palace surprising moving. I am very definitely anti-Boris but I felt that his tribute to the late Queen in Parliament today was most suitable, as was the new PM's, Sir Keir Starmer, Harriet Harmon and Theresa May, who surprised me with her warm and witty tribute.
I've just found the interview on you tube, she was from Cyprus. She said she asked his permission to kiss him and he said yes. Personally I think she still crossed the mark and should not have put him in that position but if he was ok with it then no real harm done. I think in future though he should be advised to say No.. such close proximity to people is worrying. I've been bobbing in and out of the news . Yes Boris's words were heartfelt, acknowledging that the Queen served in the forces and continued to do her duty up to the very end and he infused it with his recollections of her driving herself when in Scotand, no need for body guards. He delivered his speech without his usual baffoonery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Is there a towel or something with which you can dry your hands?
@Seeingitasitis, you should know by now, there is no need for hand towels in the downstairs loo because:

1. There is no running water in that sink.

2. Even under the best of circumstances, nobody washes their hands after using the bathroom at the Chateau de Lalande. They call it “Chateau Seasoning”.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Sorry to ask - Fanny’s singing anthem /video hasn’t shown up on my phone yet … would someone kindly post/ advise ? is it a Patreon Vlog or plain old CD crap vlog. Trying to keep up with threads as much as possible but daughter getting married. Also went to Buckingham Palace this morning - masses of people … I walked straight up to main gates and lay flowers but very quickly the Mall filled up . Our Queen was loved and respected. Flowers apparently being moved to Green Park (for all you Londoners) lots and lots of tourists.

In other news, Am so impressed with you all for sleuthing and info you provide. Like many, I only read and watch here so thank you all .

• Heart
Reactions: 19
cff9c35a-5e8b-466b-9790-18c8d75c5f35_text.gif

Harriet Devine
4 hours ago
I was there for the first patron day (which was amazing) and wondered what the day before had been like! So well done to get it all together in time. And nobody would have guessed that Stephanie had a bad back. Hope its better now. xxx

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Sorry to ask - Fanny’s singing anthem /video hasn’t shown up on my phone yet … would someone kindly post/ advise ? is it a Patreon Vlog or plain old CD crap vlog. Trying to keep up with threads as much as possible but daughter getting married. Also went to Buckingham Palace this morning - masses of people … I walked straight up to main gates and lay flowers but very quickly the Mall filled up . Our Queen was loved and respected. Flowers apparently being moved to Green Park (for all you Londoners) lots and lots of tourists.

In other news, Am so impressed with you all for sleuthing and info you provide. Like many, I only read and watch here so thank you all .
Here you go:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
BabyBell21, post: 11654045, member: 321654
View attachment 1566856

Patron day thoughts...

Well done on a Strategically timed bad back, wonder how many jobs this dodged, I mean delegated, and how many grannies she avoided having to stand listening to.

Hope they had lots of bits of cardboard on hand to fold up for propping those tables up when they 'wobble on cobbles'! Good job all their tea pots are cheap tat from emmaus, because snorts isnt letting patrons touch his handpainted tea sets. Simarly, I hope the old patrons had sticks for propping themselves up when they too wobble on the cobbles.

Dan's suggestion of marquees could have looked stunning with fairy lights etc, but no, let's dine alongside the spiders, broken doors and peacock sh*t, heaven forbid spending money on entertaining the old bats, they're hear to pay us not vice versa.

Exactly strategically ill if that volunteer had not pushed to DO
something, barely even the chairs would have been pulled out. she had a ton of time to organize alternative tents for extreme weather and had something really nice that would have pushed up the Patreon members to upgrade. but that's SJ leave it to others and play the victim poor poor princess very narcissistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree. It happens to me too. I think you generally need to wait a little while until someone else makes a post in between, well that is what I have come to accept.

I just want to say that I am personally finding it rather difficult to come to terms with the news regarding QEII, not that I ever met her, of course! I felt exactly the same when Diana died - never met her either but, both events caused devastatingly total sadness for me. Especially, even more so in the light of all the media tributes today - totally appreciated but, still so extremely sad. I honestly thought that QEII would live to at least 100 - it was in her genes. I always feel most sad for those that are left behind no matter what connection to me, if any.

I appreciate that death comes to us all eventually, but in view of everything that the entire world has been through in the past few years, it seems to have had a heightened impact on me. I lost very close family members during the Pandemic and it wasn't made any easier with the Gov restrictions either, actually, far worse!

It just feels to me like the world has been relentlessly turned upside down in recent years and everything that was once considered to be a "constant stablishing influence" in our lives has been totally ripped apart - yet again!

And, I too was 100% embarrassed by SJ's last minute cobbled together attempt at a tribute to QEII in her vlog last night - it was just so cringeworthy and disrespectful. I switched off within a second. PJ/Percy looked particularly uncomfortable, imho!

Apologies for ranting here but I just needed to get the above off my chest. God alone only knows what I will be like on the actual day of her funeral.
. I’m going through books and albums, reminiscing. God bless the Queen. Her visits to our extended family being recorded. This one 1948 with great aunt, She married Duke of Devonshire. Different times.

View attachment 1566838

Noeline Cumming
3 hours ago
Please stop filming from your bed. We hate this start.
she looks just like Gerry. If her hair was dark as is natural….?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The King has announced that William (and of course Catherine) is to be Prince of Wales - Tywysog Cymru.

King Charles III on his son William: "Today, I am proud to create him Prince of Wales...with Catherine beside him, our new Prince and Princess of Wales will, I know, continue to inspire and lead our national conversations."

images-1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Y
You are so extremely welcome @Beachgirl - caring, is totally all about, sharing hints, tips and past knowledge gained through personal experience!
And, again, I am sure that any local charity shop once they know why your son needs a larger sized jacket they will put themselves out to find what he needs for peanuts through their network. Fingers crossed!
Also remember, that what we wear in the UK material weight-wise, and is available in the shops here today, may not be as comfortable given the change in temps between UK/Australia's reverse seasons as I imagine that when you attend your niece's wedding, it will high summer in Aus.
Well, there you go! All us Tattlers are simply just jealous trolls, aren't we?
Obviously not in reality, as it transpires! ❤
No fortunately it will be spring so not too uncomfortable temperature wise.

Reactions: 6
Clara's comment about there being mostly lower tier patrons at the event, and that upper tier patrons have their own special days explains everything. Fanny really is a snob and a classist. Crap for the peons because they're peons. Once she knew that the patrons coming were mostly lower tier, she quickly and sloppily put something cheap together. If they had been upper tier patrons, we would have seen something much grander. Can this woman get any lower? Probably.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Watching the prayer service at St Paul’s Cathedral. Very lovely. Perhaps Cat has high tailed it back to England. She is still in a church chorale group is she not.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anything been posted by @Isabelle6541 ?
I might have missed it in the midst of the Royal posts. As @Clara Burnett has managed to get some intel out - should we have had some titbits by now? I feel disappointed that there isn't more Tattle coming out...
This was last post :-
1662745063146.png

Reactions: 18
Not meaning to be offensive, but all the changes to be made throughout England and the commonwealth for King Charles III to update the above.
WE are heading into a global recession, Northern areas being hit with massive oil etc price rises heading into winter. Surely for a 73 year old King some delay should be a priority.
I have absolutely no idea how it all works, BUT, changes will be made without a shadow of a doubt, simply because Charles III is now the King and that fact has to be historically set in place. Doesn't it, and more importantly, why not?
The entire UK, if that is what you are referring to, has been hit with massive, inflated oil/fuel costs.
I bought my current home a year ago when oil for heating was .55p pl, today, now .90p pl.
It is the same across the world over, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Think I might pop back in, in a few weeks when all the chit chat about the royals is done. QE11 barely cold and the Charles bashing, monarchy whacking, turfing over of diana-gate has started.
Appreciate it's a huge event HRH has passed, due respect yesterday given. But this is chateau chat- not monarchy bash! Yes the patreon day was a damp squib, think we all feel bit flat as no fireworks or big reveals... But can't we just focus on SJ and her fraud? .....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I hate their term “kitchen camo”, but has Stephanie gone full blown “bedroom camo”? Perhaps doing her best to hide from Philip… or work?

View attachment 1566868
She's not left that nightdress off since she bought in Emmaus... she even had it on under the lemon dress/apron when she was going outside to see the wood burners.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Helllo tattlers
After some time away I wanted to check back in find out the goss on those patreon days but it seems like I’m too early for any big news (and too late for the pre excitement 😅).
In my attempt to find something myself, I was scouring through Instagram. It’s not from the patreon days, but about two weeks ago, a guest (I think) posted some videos from chateau, showing the current state of the grand salon:

Just thought I’d share in case someone hasn’t seen it yet! Also I never noticed that crazy bathroom behind the other salon!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@Lochness Monster ...have I understood that you are a distant Mitford relative?

Great Aunt Evelyn …and yes relative of Mitfords. they lived in Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire.
Also Chatsworth too. My father in law stayed there as a child with lots of cousins.

Oohh, did you all see who greeted the new PM in Edinburgh?? 3 guesses😜

Yes he had his kilt on . Our favourite. Just seen the clip. ❤
@Lochness Monster ...have I understood that you are a distant Mitford relative?

Yes…..my husbands great Aunt ‘Evie..’Evelyn

Oohh, did you all see who greeted the new PM in Edinburgh?? 3 guesses😜
yes our handsome Johnny❤

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.