The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jeeves as a fellow former Brownie and Guide I still remember the pledge or at least the beginning. “ I promise to do my duty to God, my Queen and my Country”

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This just popped up on my social media.

The peeling wallpaper will probably do the job!
It’s so annoying how posts become attached to each other
I agree. It happens to me too. I think you generally need to wait a little while until someone else makes a post in between, well that is what I have come to accept.

I just want to say that I am personally finding it rather difficult to come to terms with the news regarding QEII, not that I ever met her, of course! I felt exactly the same when Diana died - never met her either but, both events caused devastatingly total sadness for me. Especially, even more so in the light of all the media tributes today - totally appreciated but, still so extremely sad. I honestly thought that QEII would live to at least 100 - it was in her genes. I always feel most sad for those that are left behind no matter what connection to me, if any.

I appreciate that death comes to us all eventually, but in view of everything that the entire world has been through in the past few years, it seems to have had a heightened impact on me. I lost very close family members during the Pandemic and it wasn't made any easier with the Gov restrictions either, actually, far worse!

It just feels to me like the world has been relentlessly turned upside down in recent years and everything that was once considered to be a "constant stablishing influence" in our lives has been totally ripped apart - yet again!

And, I too was 100% embarrassed by SJ's last minute cobbled together attempt at a tribute to QEII in her vlog last night - it was just so cringeworthy and disrespectful. I switched off within a second. PJ/Percy looked particularly uncomfortable, imho!

Apologies for ranting here but I just needed to get the above off my chest. God alone only knows what I will be like on the actual day of her funeral.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree. It happens to me too. I think you generally need to wait a little while until someone else makes a post in between, well that is what I have come to accept.

I just want to say that I am personally finding it rather difficult to come to terms with the news regarding QEII, not that I ever met her, of course! I felt exactly the same when Diana died - never met her either but, both events caused devastatingly total sadness for me. Especially, even more so in the light of all the media tributes today - totally appreciated but, still so extremely sad. I honestly thought that QEII would live to at least 100 - it was in her genes. I always feel most sad for those that are left behind no matter what connection to me, if any.

I appreciate that death comes to us all eventually, but in view of everything that the entire world has been through in the past few years, it seems to have had a heightened impact on me. I lost very close family members during the Pandemic and it wasn't made any easier with the Gov restrictions either, actually, far worse!

It just feels to me like the world has been relentlessly turned upside down in recent years and everything that was once considered to be a "constant stablishing influence" in our lives has been totally ripped apart - yet again!

And, I too was 100% embarrassed by SJ's last minute cobbled together attempt at a tribute to QEII in her vlog last night - it was just so cringeworthy and disrespectful. I switched off within a second. PJ/Percy looked particularly uncomfortable, imho!

Apologies for ranting here but I just needed to get the above off my chest. God alone knows what I will be like on the actual day of her funeral.
I mentioned yesterday that my son had been asked if he was available for security over the next 12 days. His first reaction was he couldn’t get time off from his main job, however he is determined to do his bit and will hopefully doing it between his main shifts. He does 4 on then 4 off. This found me late last night trying to find a very large black suit jacket. He is a front row rugby player. Feeling very proud of him for wanting to do his bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It was clear this was just another tasteless opportunity to create badly judged content.
She clearly had little idea of the words of the National Anthem. As a young Brownie (and later as a Queen's Guide) one of the first things I remember doing as a new Brownie was learning the words of the first and last verses of the anthem.
Strange to think that Cubs, Brownie, Guides and Scouts will be learning a new promise where they now "serve the King."

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign!
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen!
Perhaps as an American (of English, Scottish and Welsh extraction) I’m out of line, though I hope not. @Jeeves I don’t think a more fitting tribute to HMQ could be found than those lines to England’s national anthem. The world will never see her like again, and that’s a shame. So many lessons from her life for those left behind.

Reactions: 12
Wonder if Fanny paid for the flight for Marie out of Patron money? I reckon she did to get Marie as far away as possible after her gig at the party. Didn't want her moving her jam jars back in again did she.
Note to Marie - see you were only brought back to show that she COULD snap her fingers any time & you would come back no matter how she treats you. That's your last visit to the chateau. Hope it was worth it.
It’s akin to getting the bum’s rush! She doesn’t see that she is a pawn in the Châtelaines game/scheme. So very sad!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I mentioned yesterday that my son had been asked if he was available for security over the next 12 days. His first reaction was he couldn’t get time off from his main job, however he is determined to do his bit and will hopefully doing it between his main shifts. He does 4 on then 4 off. This found me late last night trying to find a very large black suit jacket. He is a front row rugby player. Feeling very proud of him for wanting to do his bit.
So should you and he be. ❤ I sincerely hope that it works out for him because, as I said yesterday, such an honour for him to be involved in such a once in a lifetime, and, honourable occasion.
Just a suggestion, but firstly try charity shops as when my son was a student and got invited to many "black tie" events by his wealthy friends, I was able to find him appropriate suits very cheaply - with a little tweaking by me on my sewing machine! Perhaps ring around your local shops and tell them why he needs it - I am certain that they would be more than willing to source what he needs. Good luck. :love:

Reactions: 13
So should you and he be. ❤ I sincerely hope that it works out for him because, as I said yesterday, such an honour for him to be involved in such a once in a lifetime, and, honourable occasion.
Just a suggestion, but firstly try charity shops as when my son was a student and got invited to many "black tie" events by his wealthy friends, I was able to find him appropriate suits very cheaply - with a little tweaking by me on my sewing machine! Perhaps ring around your local shops and tell them why he needs it - I am certain that they would be more than willing to source what he needs. Good luck. :love:
He needs a black suit for the wedding in Australia so this weekend if the jacket is nice enough I will order the matching trousers for the wedding. He has black M&S trousers which will hopefully go with jacket for the security work, but thank you for your suggestion that hadn’t even crossed my mind. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Currency I am not sure as most of our bills have dead historical figures. It’s so long since I have had actual money in my wallet that other than $20 bills have the Queens image. Not sure about coins.

Reactions: 8
Looking at this picture I can only think you don't have a chapel any more for your performative grief. Which, contrary to your vampire practice, does not make you a bigger or better person. And, somehow the marquis' salon doesn't have quite the imbued spirit you're pretending it has.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.00.58 AM.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
He needs a black suit for the wedding in Australia so this weekend if the jacket is nice enough I will order the matching trousers for the wedding. He has black M&S trousers which will hopefully go with jacket for the security work, but thank you for your suggestion that hadn’t even crossed my mind. ❤
Y
You are so extremely welcome @Beachgirl - caring, is totally all about, sharing hints, tips and past knowledge gained through personal experience!
And, again, I am sure that any local charity shop once they know why your son needs a larger sized jacket they will put themselves out to find what he needs for peanuts through their network. Fingers crossed!
Also remember, that what we wear in the UK material weight-wise, and is available in the shops here today, may not be as comfortable given the change in temps between UK/Australia's reverse seasons as I imagine that when you attend your niece's wedding, it will high summer in Aus.
Well, there you go! All us Tattlers are simply just jealous trolls, aren't we?
Obviously not in reality, as it transpires! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Looking at this picture I can only think you don't have a chapel any more for your performative grief. Which, contrary to your vampire practice, does not make you a bigger or better person. And, somehow the marquis' salon doesn't have quite the imbued spirit you're pretending it has.

View attachment 1566734
Who is the gent behind Chantal and Stephen?

Reactions: 9

View attachment 1566734
The cast of clowns and their pretend sympathy. GROSS

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Who is the gent behind Chantal and Stephen?
Clara.😘

View attachment 1566734
Really horrible! I find this staged event beyond bad taste. Also, how many of these people have British citizenship? I wouldn't expect non-Americans to sing our national anthem or recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag, it's bizarre. Where is Ma Belle? Doesn't she have dual citizenship? Maybe not. How about Kat? She can sing and she's British. Anne Marie? I just don't get it. It's like Fanny quickly rounded up the nearest go-alongs for an impromptu sing along. Uncle Steve's hurrah at the end was too much! What a buffoon and attention seeker.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Part of the thing none of the jillions of words being said or written cut to the chase on, is the death of time. She spoke heart to heart with Churchill, born 101 years before Liz Truss. (BoJo's encomium of farewell plagiarized Churchill's to George VI, welcoming the new Queen.* What a worm he is.) The loss of her access to the living memory of that time is a real bereavement. She knew everybody. And they're all gone now. I will miss the feeling that I could ask her, old horse breeder that she was, if I ran into her at the store, what was Nkrumah or Princess Alice really like?

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.36.40 AM.png

*@.53, the phrase BoJo was looking for.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.