The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a genuine questionā€¦is rolling up a piece of ham and putting it on a bed of lettuce a thing in France? I have never seen a slice of ham presented this way until I watched CD. I noticed her mother made her lunch one day with rolled up pieces of ham on lettuce (when Stephanie was quarantined). Iā€™ve seen it a couple of other times on the show. Just curious if this is a ā€œthingā€, or just a Jarvis thing. Thanks!
It's a very low brow English thing I think from circa 1982.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
1. It's a gossip site!!!!! This excuse has been trotted out countless times for baseless viciousness here. I deploy it with deep sarcasm.
2. Arguably it is fact-based realpolitik the weeklies will be discussing within 10 days.
You read it here first.
It's zeitgeist stuff, political commentary, completely fair game.
3. For those skeptical of real reporters and people writing real books, more reality. Every newspaper, and publisher, of record has libel lawyers on retainer, and they read every word published. Journalists of real newspapers and authors of real publishers are trained to write to a standard of evidence which will stand up in court. Tom Bower, Charles "harshest" "critic" is himself a lawyer and has not published a word that would not stand up in court. Anybody who does not know that is not approaching mainstream media with an understanding of how it works.
The royals have the means, and now in the cases of the Cambridges and the Sussexes, the precedent, successfully to sue for invasion of privacy and libel.
When they do not, it is more than plausible to believe the facts they contest are provable in court.
4. The Queen and her husband did not understand Charles, who has complained publically and bitterly about them all his life. Most recently he persuaded the Queen to get rid of probably the best, most accomplished and high-ranking private secretary she ever had -- Geidt -- who would certainly have handled the Sussexes with aplomb and authority.
Charles long ago earned all the scrutiny he gets.
[/URL]
I've never been a big fan of Charlie and yet I thought his speach was quite good. A bit hypocritical speaking of his Christian faith, and his Darling wife, yet his treatment of, and Adultery of Diana his first wife was, in my opinion appalling. The reason I worry about our new King is that he is very much on board with 'The Great Reset' he is pals with Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates etc. But time will tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Iā€™ve not been in CDLL threads since the untimely demise of our wonderful, inspiring and most dutiful Elizabeth Regina. I have to admit Iā€™m so far behind commentary, but did read the Clara post with affection and watched the ā€˜day beforeā€™ video with slightly less affection.

Iā€™m far more hopeful for King Charles than you are dear BB. He has been prepared since birth and has made an amazing fist of the Duchy of Cornwall and in the area of preserving the countryside and artisanship especially.
I watched an interview he did some years ago at Highgrove. He said that when he became Monarch heā€™d have to drop the activism side heā€™s become known for. I expect conservative (āœ… for me), the enhancement of Commonwealth bonding ( not you, you narc creeps Nutmeg and Ginge) and a huge focus on youth and opportunity growth.
Maybe Iā€™m being too optimistic, but Iā€™ve come to like him and especially adore Queen Consort Camilla. Sheā€™s so down to earth and loves horses, dogs and books. Whatā€™s not to like. šŸ˜‰
Dear K, I salute your hope in the future and wish the monarchy and the British people the best.
Charles and I are almost exactly the same age. I first became aware of his existence when we were about four years old. When I was 21 and started earning my own money, my beach book every year would be about the royals. The dossier I have on Charles was started over 50 years ago with hope and comradeship. And, indeed, we have grown old together.
All ended when Diana's allegations and then Charles' Dimbleby riposte came out, slating his parents. When challenged on the book's horrendous reception, Charles gestured across the dinner table at his private secretary, Aylard, the most obsequious of yes men, and said "He made me do it." A lie, just like the one he told about Philip forcing him to marry Diana.
Here's hoping the vows to God he has to take will change him for the better. His record on that, not so good.
As for the great reset, I concur with him wholeheartedly.(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've never been a big fan of Charlie and yet I thought his speach was quite good. A bit hypocritical speaking of his Christian faith, and his Darling wife, yet his treatment of, and Adultery of Diana his first wife was, in my opinion appalling. The reason I worry about our new King is that he is very much on board with 'The Great Reset' he is pals with Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates etc. But time will tell.
Klaus Schwab et al WEF, Davos and Charlie probably being head of the Masons now is all pretty scary. "You will own nothing but you will be happy"

Reactions: 4
I believe that is Wendy, the lady that makes little felt animals that you have seen grifted to Stephanie an Phillip
Wendy and Josie do look similar.
Wendy does not arrive until September 15th.

SJ BJJ Wedny bday.png

From, 8/11/22 live chat...

Wendy Grimwood Hi @IsabelleJarvis will you still be there mid September? Would love to meet you
Isabelle Jarvis Wendy Grimwood we could be it depends on the dates
Wendy Grimwood @Isabellejarvis I am coming on the 15th

the gang.png

the gang (2).png
1662757425674.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Long live the King. šŸø :cool: King Charles will do just fine. So, regarding this patreon gathering...what on earth is Michael Potts doing grifting at this do? Andy too. They should give them a photo for goodness sake, these people are paying for the restoration of that dump. When do you think Phillip will propose Stephanie? I think Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I suspect if Fanny was remotely anti monarchy it would only be because she's not a member. If a member of the aristocracy, any aristocracy be it British, French, Italian or from wherever ever paid court to her, she'd jump into his pockets faster than you could blink. She'd lie to herself and call it true romance too. I think she loves the idea of nobility and the aristocracy and is screaming jealous she's never been a part of it nor will she be. Her only consolation is being able to say she lives in a chateau once owned by nobility too, even if in reality it's a farm house pig sty that she's managed to make even more ugly since moving in.
True aristocrats have dozens of ancestors on the wall, poor SJ doesn't... So daddy's paintings hang in every room.
True aristocrats have tiaras and other family jewelry, SJ has the biggest collection of fake tiaras in those parts of France.
True aristocrats have exotic gardens, SJ has Hapsburg peacocks.
True aristocrats inherited Chinese porcelain, SJ can offer a dish from his collection to all French nobility.
True aristocrats hold titles, SJ bestows titles on his beloved servants.
etc. etc.

No envy there, nothing at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Speaking of Patreon Days at CDLL...
What would be good in Ambrosia Salad?
What I have so far:
Cool Whip
marshmallow
shredded coconut
mandarin orange

Thinking about banana, green grapes, pineapple

View attachment 1567391
Are you making it for the VIP lounge tonight @Le Baiseur ?!? I actually love that stuff- it's a Midwest granny church pot luck staple! Definitely add the bananas, grapes and pineapple, but apples and walnuts are lovely in it as well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Pretty sure you need pineappleā€¦you know, to make it sweeter (because it can never be tooooo sweet), and it also adds more to that weird textureā€¦this one looks suspect to me as it is not a weird color. Iā€™ve only seen an orange colored ambrosia salad. Maybe food coloring?
I'm torn between a conventional or tropical Ambrosia. Maybe watermelon, apples, or walnuts for crunch?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a genuine questionā€¦is rolling up a piece of ham and putting it on a bed of lettuce a thing in France? I have never seen a slice of ham presented this way until I watched CD. I noticed her mother made her lunch one day with rolled up pieces of ham on lettuce (when Stephanie was quarantined). Iā€™ve seen it a couple of other times on the show. Just curious if this is a ā€œthingā€, or just a Jarvis thing. Thanks!
The French side of my family was doing it often for lunch. Just rolled up cold cuts, mainly ham, bread with butter, cheese, few pieces of lettuce and tomatoes. Not a salad, just pick and mix style. Itā€™s a bit random and not the most flavourful, but not bad. I wonā€™t lie, I still do it sometimes lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Are you making it for the VIP lounge tonight @Le Baiseur ?!? I actually love that stuff- it's a Midwest granny church pot luck staple! Definitely add the bananas, grapes and pineapple, but apples and walnuts are lovely in it as well.
It's for Sunday's "End of Summer Skinnydip Party" but I'll make a batch for the VIP lounge!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Have to disagree with you - and so will the congregation at St. Paul's Cathedral this evening with the first official rendition of God Save the King.

"According to a briefing document for Parliament on the Coronation: ā€œOn the death of the reigning monarch, the person entitled to succeed to the throne does so as soon as his or her predecessor dies, as summed up in the phrase: 'The King is dead; long live the King!'.ā€

This is because of the ā€œcommon law that the King never diesā€.
Just going by what my sister in law, a prominent British constitutional lawyer and published expert of the history of British royal protocol says. Parliament and palace can waiver, add to or adjust briefing documents from the palace to suit the needs of the moment. As one would expect, there's much to-ing and fro-ing on these matters until all ducks in St. James Park are in a row. As for the "common law" that the King never dies, this is why God Save the King is the official national anthem, and not the alternate God Save the Queen. In Elizabeth's time, people continued to sing King out of habit long after she was crowned, and she was "gracious enough not to notice nor comment as she felt it continued to honour her dear father. She felt that as she was newly crowned, and not yet fully aware of her duties, insomuch that she herself did not yet feel completely comfortable in her new role, it was akin to having the much loved George VI by her side and guiding her through difficult times."

• Heart
Reactions: 9
True aristocrats have dozens of ancestors on the wall, poor SJ doesn't... So daddy's paintings hang in every room.
True aristocrats have tiaras and other family jewelry, SJ has the biggest collection of fake tiaras in those parts of France.
True aristocrats have exotic gardens, SJ has Hapsburg peacocks.
True aristocrats inherited Chinese porcelain, SJ can offer a dish from his collection to all French nobility.
True aristocrats hold titles, SJ bestows titles on his beloved servants.
etc. etc.

No envy there, nothing at all.
I'm crying with laughter- Hapsburg peacocks!!! šŸ§µNomination, courtesy of @DEEPblue82: True aristocrats have exotic gardens, SJ has Hapsburg peacocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
"Deconstructed Sammie"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Long live the King. šŸø :cool: King Charles will do just fine. So, regarding this patreon gathering...what on earth is Michael Potts doing grifting at this do? Andy too. They should give them a photo for goodness sake, these people are paying for the restoration of that dump. When do you think Phillip will propose Stephanie? I think Christmas.
Yes and Potts theoretically benefits from their investment (if she did any restoration) and the skin flint has the audacity to flog his wares-bleeping shameless bounder

Reactions: 19
Council estate dinner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.