The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing political meant at all here but I was always amused by President Trump signing and and handing out pens ! Come on King Charles III.

Ink Well Gate part 2.. Johnny the Bonnie to the rescue, Our Hero

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
AWKWARD! I thought it was funny how William tried to save the day by repositioning the inkwell and requesting the pens back - and did Charles knock the top off of one of the inkwells and William put it back on? And why is William wearing such a scowl on his face? He doesn't look happy at all. Poor chap. That look on Charles's face when the pens were in the way of his royal forearm, was like he was saying "I'm the king now, and when I sign a document I expect to have all my forearm needs to be attended to."
Maybe William was trying to control his emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Whoever placed the inkstand on the desk messed up! No-one in their right mind would have placed it where it was likely to be knocked over by any one seated at that desk. The King moved it so that it could be used properly. I didn't think that the Prince of Wales was scowling, merely looking sombre as the occasion demanded and replaced the lid. Imagine the ink well spilling over the newly signed proclamation! Honestly, what do people expect from an occasion like this?
Do you think the King was assuming someone would come along and replace the lid for him? It says a lot about the Prince of Wales that he had to take charge in this situation and clean up after his papa's mess. Camilla rested her wrist on the inkwell - is she counting on the Prince to prop her up too? There's so much happening in this scene. It will be discussed for decades. lol. Regarding the scowl, I have rarely seen the Prince make that particular face where he furrows his brow. Not sure it's somber, but I hope he's ok. It's a rough time for him, for sure.

Maybe William was trying to control his emotions.
My heart breaks for him. He loved his Grandmother so much. I've just never seen him furrow his brow like that.

Reactions: 12
Do you think the King was assuming someone would come along and replace the lid for him? It says a lot about the Prince of Wales that he had to take charge in this situation and clean up after his papa's mess. Camilla rested her wrist on the inkwell - is she counting on the Prince to prop her up too? There's so much happening in this scene. It will be discussed for decades. lol. Regarding the scowl, I have rarely seen the Prince make that particular face where he furrows his brow. Not sure it's somber, but I hope he's ok. It's a rough time for him, for sure.
No, I don't think that at all. I think that the King is under a great deal of stress and has a lot to deal with at this awful time and that he was either preoccupied andoverlooked replacing the lid or even thinking that the inkwell would be used by the other signatories following him.

Reactions: 13
Gordon Brown is saying, "Just for once, try and behave yourself, you blithering idiot." Cameron clearly overhears and mutters "You tell him, Gordon." Sir Keir Starmer is thinking, "Just thump him."
I wish I could give this 10 laughing faces. I'm still laughing.

No, I don't think that at all. I think that the King is under a great deal of stress and has a lot to deal with at this awful time and that he was either preoccupied andoverlooked replacing the lid or even thinking that the inkwell would be used by the other signatories following him.
No disrespect Jeeves. Just trying to add some levity to the moment. Also, I'm a behavioral/cognitive psychologist so I can't help analyzing all the body language,etc. Bad habit.

Reactions: 10
Can someone explain who Johnny the Bonnie is. I guess I have missed something along the way.

• Haha
  • Wow
I thought it didn’t have a sink?
I seem to recall that too. I cant be bothered to backtrack to find that photo or vlog but this half bathroom was pretty shoddy/poorly, dark & dingy.
On the toilet cistern was a hand sanitiser pump bottle.. @Clara Burnett can you verify this or am I making things up?

That toilet room (off the winter salon) looks like it's had that SJ touchup with daddy-darko's signature-like wallpaper & a new sink.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Stephen Cole and Sara Phillips have just wrapped their first "creative-awakening-retreat" (the first one, spring 2022, was canceled).
They are already advertising for 2023.
Cyanotype, is a fun project, for school aged children. I have done this with my children when they where young and now my granddaughter.
However, when you are charging these prices, I would expect something more artistic than this (and my own bathroom). 👇

1662813268418.png
1662813281863.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Can someone explain who Johnny the Bonnie is. I guess I have missed something along the way.
Major Jonathan Thompson is a British Army Officer of the Royal Regiment of Scotland and was an Equerry in Waiting to King Charles and the Queen Consort as Prince of Wales. I assume that he retains that position with the new King but he could become remain in his current position as one of the Equerries to the new Prince of Wales.
"Equerry in waiting” refers to the equerry currently in attendance. The equerries worked on a rotation basis. They were in constant attendance for three months of the year and then had nine months off before another period of service.

Last edited:
Major Jonathan Thompson is a British Army Officer of the Royal Regiment of Scotland and was an Equerry in Waiting to King Charles and the Queen Consort as Prince of Wales. I assume that he retains that position with the new King but he could become remain in his current position as one of the Equerries to the new Prince of Wales.
"Equerry in waiting” refers to the equerry currently in attendance. The equerries worked on a rotation basis. They were in constant attendance for three months of the year and then had nine months off before another period of service.
Thank you @Jeeves that clears it up!

He's very handsome.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
He is the pair of steely eyes sat behind Harry and Me Me Meghan at Platy Jubes in St Pauls in June, where he came onto Tattlers radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I seem to recall that too. I cant be bothered to backtrack to find that photo or vlog but this half bathroom was pretty shoddy/poorly, dark & dingy.
On the toilet cistern was a hand sanitiser pump bottle.. @Clara Burnett can you verify this or am I making things up?

That toilet room (off the winter salon) looks like it's had that SJ touchup with daddy-darko's signature-like wallpaper & a new sink.
That wallpaper!!! How would he feel about his artwork being used to cover the bathroom wall? That family is so weird...I just can't.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hi Just Grift Wood. While this would be a good move, it would have to be done anonymously. If Fanny can tie a loss of income and any pain and suffering to a specific source, she can sue for libel or defamation. Just a thought to consider.

I found my illustration from Jules 110 too late to reply before the thread closed. Not sure how to message her - hope she sees my post here. THANK YOU!!! This is hysterical. I can't wait to see these tiles in the farm kitchen! LOL.
As Jarvis has made herself a public figure it can only be libel/slander/defamation if it is provably false. Loss of income etc doesn’t matter if the statements are factual. If she were still a private citizen that would make the situation different and she would then have legal recourse. It also depends on the physical location where the publication is incorporated.

• Heart
I wish I could adopt one of those corgis. I would even use my best QEII voice when summoning them. I'm strangely worried about their well-being. After all, they're grieving too. Maybe they have their own caregivers, handlers, vets, etc so they'll be ok.
I thought the same and found this.
I’m also wondering who will inherit her racing stable.

Reactions: 6
It did all sound a bit famous five but let's see

from patron:

Leah Uerkwitz
What! Even Nick the Tree Surgeon was there?? How cool! Looking forward to the vlog!

11h
Valérie Eldridge-Doyle
He was here and it was amazing talking to him, he knows everything there is to know about wood, it’s wonderful and we had a demonstration of him going up a tree, it’s very impressive !

Valérie Eldridge-Doyle
We had the best of day, everything was wonderfully organised, we had a tour of the wood with Nick, a tour of the garden with Kirsty, a chat with Stephanie, Isabelle and Percy and a tour of the Chateau with Philip plus we had the opportunity to chat to most of the Lalanders. We were late for the lunch but we manage to have some tea and cake ! We were all well catered for and even had little goodies to bring back home and think of Lalande for month to come. I’m proud to be a Patreon of Lalande, if a small one but there was no difference between all the levels of Patreon, everyone had the same thing to do and see ! I’m looking forward going back to the chateau if I can and renew my confidence into Sthephanie for using the Patreon money wisely for restoring the chateau.

4h
Harriet Devine
I was there too and totally agree with all you say here. We are so lucky to have had this opportunity.

12h

Rosemarie Berry
I’m so envious! What hard work, thought and effort you all made to make this such a special Lalande event. I would have loved to have been there.

Harriet Devine
Great photos of great days. We were on the first one and I'm in 3 of them! It was unforgettable. So much kindness and generosity. And so much fun. Thank you a million times Stephanie and all the family. xxxx
This is one of the threads of comments that I wondered where these photos are posted.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.