The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can be sure if Snorts drove all that time, it was for a freebie..
We’ll let’s see, 57 bottles of wine, purported to be $17 a bottle. Nearly $1000 in wine. Yeah, I bet she’d make him drive all that way for a grand in freebies.

Reactions: 17
Bitching about Lalande lost its appeal last night with the news of the Queen, made all the more poignant having seen her just 2 days ago still on the job, frail but smiling, her hands mottled & purple but ready with a handshake for the new PM. However I made a good decision to open Tattle as there were so many heartfelt tributes, several Tatlers had taken the trouble to find little videos & photos that echoed her life - she loosened up in her 90's didn't she - and showed more of her wit - & then there was the Sam Cooke song with the perfect lyrics - thank you all for that spontaneous show of affection that was better than much of the rhetoric on tv.
I was also touched by the personal pain, literal and otherwise that several of you shared with us along the way trusting that in spite of the snarky, sharp comments that the bizarre goings on in the CD's & its satellites provoke, there is a soft underside that can offer sympathy & comprehension when needed from random folks all over the globe held together by the tenuous thread of a glib, superficial chatelaine. 💝

• Heart
Reactions: 45
We’ll let’s see, 57 bottles of wine, purported to be $17 a bottle. Nearly $1000 in wine. Yeah, I bet she’d make him drive all that way for a grand in freebies.
I'm thinking maybe Phillipa was sent off to get the wine because it was flouncing around getting on everyone's nerves?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm thinking maybe Phillipa was sent off to get the wine because it was flouncing around getting on everyone's nerves?
I reckon he suggested it himself, genius, just to get out of any real work - anyway they let him go knowing it wouldn't make any difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't think that most of the patrons really expected much more considering how most of them were dressed so casually in T-shirts and flip-flops with funky handbags that didn't match anything they were wearing. As a matter of fact, they WERE dressed for an elementary school picnic!
This could come back and bite you once we discover the Isabel gang! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don’t know how the shitelaine can give a tribute to Queen Elizabeth II when she couldn’t even acknowledge or celebrate the Jubilee. She has no shame! She makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Let’s see how long this stays up.
I decided to unsubscribe too. Her vlogs were getting worse and worse. Last one I watched was her eating those flowers with Davy. I read here, just to see how far she'll go without doing any real work. But it seems she doesn't have any plans to change anything. This year there was no real work done, except that one room, and it was only done because of Chateau diy.

• Heart
The fabric was gifted in return for some free advertisement from the company itself, they can just write it off as an expense. You know the saying about gifts, once you give it away, it's no longer yours. At least she used it instead of just stashing it in the attic, and the Sewist did a fine job finishing the edges. The wine was probably almost free, the cost of gas to get it probably was about the same or more than the wine itself, and it gave everyone a break from Phyllis. The entire charade went off like everything else at the shitoo, no surprises. Lack of planning, lack of taste, lack of quality, etc. The group photos were awful, very unflattering for everyone. Potts did a miserable job, so many other ways to take group photos other than something that might be done at an elementary school picnic. I don't think that most of the patrons really expected much more considering how most of them were dressed so casually in T-shirts and flip-flops with funky handbags that didn't match anything they were wearing. As a matter of fact, they WERE dressed for an elementary school picnic!
Sorry to say but I honestly doubt Mr Potts "photographer talent"too...
Why would you want to buy a 70 %black sky lala picture... The chapel glass window is nice but everyone could take a picture. .. And SELL to patrons? I would have considered the tea and all the other stuff a welcome present...
Are the old bidets now in Philipps "shop" 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Yesterday's vlog showed that @Clara Burnett was 100% right when she said there was no sign of preparation works for the patreon days. They left EVERYTHING until the last minute, and definitely never considered there might be inclement weather. The Heath Robinson chicken wire and coloured tarp on the terrace was never going to work. Finding gazebos at the end of the season also shows no advance planning. I foolishly thought they had rented tables and chairs only to have that proven wrong. (were those chairs used for IJ and Percys wedding) 57 bottles of wine over four days because they had it the night before and the three patreon days, they weren't expecting too many guests and weren't planning on being particularly generous.

Megan will be beside herself as now Archie and Lillibet get to be Prince and Princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
PctYg0BV54TxX23aTDbL6Co-=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Ysa Mivo
5 minutes ago
Many British vloggers didn't release their vlog on this sad day. BBC interrupted their programs. You really shouldn't have released this vlog last night (Thursday 8th of September 2022). Really. That would have been real class.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Fanny's back always goes out when there is work to do. When I have a sore back I can't climb stairs. She was up and down several.
Sarah made a lovely job of the hems of the table cloths, well done the mitred corners looked great.

A bit silly to sing God save the Queen, singing long live our gracious Queen when she is already dead doesn't sit right with me. Some other tribute would have been better, even just holding off the vlog for a day.
I'm a brit but I'm no royalist and I've kept quiet throughout your discussion however, to sing god save the queen when the queen has just died is the height of disrespectful insolence. What should have been said was the queen is dead, long live the king. That is correct. Then they should have sung god save the king. This wannabe upstart has no class, no breeding and no understanding of that which she desperately wishes to attain to.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
@The Simple Life
The Princess announced that some architect or whatever came that day and inspected the chapel and... hear folk, he told her that nobody should go into it because it is really dangerous and could collapse any time. And... he will give her a quote for restauration.
I haven’t seen the vlog yet. If that’s the case wouldn’t you try to save the window so if it collapses they would be saved! Or it is me? Especially with the price of the restoration but it wasn’t her money so she doesn’t care.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Micheal Petherick even had condolences for the queen with a picture of a crown, he at least showed more class than others we can name.

Sherie P also placed a picture of Queen and Paddington on DIOS facebook page.

What happened tattlers, I managed to catch up today as no one posted for hours, wondered if we as well shut down in respect.
Spent the afternoon tryong to sort out what and how to do stuff, have a luncheon and doing a toast to Queen old debate of Charles status not officially confirmed., Finally contacted Ministry Defence, it is to be a toast to the departed Queen ending in God save the king.

All courts in NZ today the Judges held a brief private session to acknowledge the passing of her Majesty and allegience to the new King.

• Heart
Yep, if you watch the latest, Fiona cut it all up and hemmed it into tablecloths... she was proud of her diagonal corners too... :( What a terrible waste of the most gorgeous quilting cotton, and all those table cloths they already have in the attic.. Shameful
Can’t bring myself to watch it! I will later today though. Yes what a waste!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.