The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s been lovely reading the sympathetic comments from the nonBrits on here …. Thank you for allowing us to derail on an historic & sad day 🙏🏻

I don’t know if this has been posted before but it’s a lovely retelling of a funny situation which portrays the mischievous spirit of the lady ….I bet she really enjoyed these rare moments of anonymity.

I will reserve my feelings about the British royalty, however, I totally agree with everyone about the insensitivity that Fanny has shown to the passing of the Queen. To push herself out at this sad time only goes to illustrate how a self-centred, thoughtless bleep that she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So as I have said although English I am not a Royalist, but have been so sad to see the Queen pass away, she has always been a good example and I do remember the silver Jubilee when I rode to the village celebrations on my new Trip Star Bike and then I got married on her Golden Jubilee in France no less. So as I have surprisingly been very teary eyed just managed to watch Flog It Fanny's latest missive. I had said in previous posts that I felt she had put in an effort herself, well I was well and truly wrong. She wafted around with her faux bad back still in that stinking nightie which hasn't left her back since she grasped it at Emmaus. She literally gave less thought to the patron set up than any party I have seen her give. Cheap nasty tables not even wiped in a flthy garage, surely these patrons wanted a view of the Chateau as they ate that parsimonious lunch drinking grifted wine from the cheapest glasses known to man. Sending that snide man child on a 1,000 mile trip to collect wine so environmentally unsound. She lives near to the greatest wine regions in France and could have sourced wine at the local Super U. 54 bottles for three days, they will have drunk at least 12 the night before-well the patrons cups did not runneth over.Flowers all for her and stragglers in wine bottles for guests. Fanny can sew well but left that to Sarah too. She is utterly shameless and imagine selling stuff to guests how vile. There is no architect obviously because they would have been filmed she is setting up her giant begging bowl to get more money for the Chapel she knows is crumbling and has only bothered to clean for Mum's faux nuptials. I am afraid I couldn't watch her disingenuous tribute to the Queen, she just wanted ratings. Her vlog should not have gone out last night. She has sunk to an all time low. Vile, mumping trout.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Vlog 76 way back shows some of the preparation for IJ and Percy wedding (main event saved for C4) and in it there is SJ, MP and Ruthy collecting the croquembouche from the village bakery. Presentation identical to one(s) for patreon days so we can be sure Marie did not make it. Mummy had a rail of clothes almost as large a collection as SJ when she was trying to decide what to wear for her wedding. Some I've never seen since.

Reactions: 12
Yep, if you watch the latest, Fiona cut it all up and hemmed it into tablecloths... she was proud of her diagonal corners too... :( What a terrible waste of the most gorgeous quilting cotton, and all those table cloths they already have in the attic.. Shameful
As a quilter I was mortified that she used that fabric for tablecloths.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
This is a respectful tribut from a YouTuber. No talking, no singing, but playing the anthem. SJ, take notice. But unfortunatelly you'll never learn anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
As a quilter I was mortified that she used that fabric for tablecloths.
I wasn't surprised because she said the fabric would be good for tablecloths when she received it. I'm a quilter too, and at least the fabric is out of Narina and being used. I was pleased that Sarah made a nice job of the hemming and mitred the corners well. I would have been very annoyed if the fabric was used with raw edges.

On a more pleasant note it was the first day of my clubs public Quilt Show today, here is a simple Scrappy Bargellgo quilt I made, and a framed portrait I thread painted of my darling cat Oscar who passed last year. (The white spot on his ear is a reflection off the glass)
thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I wasn't surprised because she said the fabric would be good for tablecloths when she received it. I'm a quilter too, and at least the fabric is out of Narina and being used. I was pleased that Sarah made a nice job of the hemming and mitred the corners well. I would have been very annoyed if the fabric was used with raw edges.

On a more pleasant note it was the first day of my clubs public Quilt Show today, here is a simple Scrappy Bargellgo quilt I made, and a framed portrait I thread painted of my darling cat Oscar who passed last year. (The white spot on his ear is a reflection off the glass)
View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
Absolutely Stunning

• Heart
Reactions: 12

View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
A woman after my own heart. Congratulations.
My sewing is all hand stitched-everything. Ginny Beyer has been my inspiration and I do quilts which resemble my Persian carpets. I have spent years in India in a semi meditative state sewing!! The repetition of the stitches, in my opinion,
can correspond to a chant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I found it really odd that at the beggining of this vlog, which was apparently during the preparations of Patreon visit, they were mostly wearing black.
The 'tribute' at the end was disgusting.

Reactions: 11
Clara, I am trying to identify all the lies that IMHO Fanny tells in latest video in my thoughts after viewing the latest cringe fest offering by Fanny. Let me know if I have missed any. Sorry this is so long.

LIE. The Patron Day crapfest in the garage was for lower tier Patrons. High tier Patrons were privately cared for in a different manner and different arrangements were made for them. I bet the high tier Patrons ate inside the Dump and had the prettier flower arrangements.Fanny with held information about the special provisions for higher tier Patrons. This could be considered lying by omission.

LIE. She lied to Marie claiming “I am so happy to see you here. It is not the same without you.” You can tell from the look on Marie’s face that she knew Fanny was lying to look good for the video;

LIE. Fanny cries wolf so often, did she really hurt her back… conveniently the day before the Patron crapfest so she would not have to do anything and could appear to be the poor little put upon Princess struggling to put together the crapfest…..probably not, I call bullshit on this one.

LIE. She claims that “she is limping at top speed towards a large parcel that had been delivered”

LÎE. Complains that log burners were usually available in black but she wanted the specially ordered colored enameled log burners which she triumphed over finding so they could be installed before winter “ to be sure we could have warmth.”

LIE. Fanny is lying by implying that the 2 to 3 log burners would provide warmth to occupants of the Dump in the winter. What would have been truthful would have been to say, “I will be warm this winter as the pale blue burner has been installed in my study to keep me warm, the green on will go into the entrance hall of the Dump, and the last one in the marquis suite. No heat for anyone else at the Dump.

LIE. She tells Anne Marie as the cream log burner is placed in the Marquis suite that “ we will be warm Amaury.” So I assume Anne Marie and the bully will be living in the Marquis suite once the weather turns cooler. I bet Anne Marie has to fill all the wood burners every day during the cold weather. Is Mummy’s apartment heated in any manner, I cannot remember.

LIE. Fanny then lies about how they will be warm “until the very big heating work begins in the new year.” Right, how many times have you heard that lie drop from her lips. She lies as easily as she breathes. No one believes your crap Princess.

Fanny rejects Dan’s idea of renting out 2 gazebos while declaring that “ I am just desperate to find a plan that does not use Dan’s idea” and wants to use the nasty garage/ hanger area that was sadly Maria’s idea. Disappointed that Maria thought the dirty nasty hanger was an appropriate setting. Gazebos would have been nicer.

Fanny dons the infamous wrinkled yellow dress to piss off viewers.

LIE. Fanny checks on on Marie doing flowers in “Nattys future apartment.” We all know the apartment is not for the bully Argentenian. It is a gite that may never be finished for Fanny to lease out for profit. Stop lying Fanny.

LIE. She complains on how long it is taking for the Douche Lorde to open a grifted painting from the Netherlands after he gets back to the Dump after picking up the grifted cases of wine. The grifted painting was, of course, a transactional gift, so Fanny would read a letter publicizing the sale of the artist’s other paintings. Fanny flashes a closeup of the auction dates for the paintings and Snorts hangs up the painting in Fannys office. Fanny makes sure to say that is a temporary location and she doesn’t know where it will go. How many think it will end up in an abandoned hallway or damp attic?

Fanny laughs disparagingly at Mrs. Shriek when Mrs. Shriek tells Fanny that she has a sewing machine from 1969. Of course, Fanny’s newer sewing machine was a gift from her parents. Would Fanny have anything if it wasn’t gifted to her? Fanny never thanks her for pitching in to make tablecloths out of the gifted quilting fabric. Typical entitled Fanny.

LIES and MORE LIES. Fanny has to lie down on her bed to deliver her next string of lies since nonstop lying is exhausting and makes her back hurt. There was no last minute architect expert called in to assess the chapel as Fanny claimed on video and she failed to admit that Mummy and Percy had to persuade her not to allow Patrons in the crumbling chapel. She lied and said her mother found an expert to come look at the chapel. That is old school Fanny throwing her mother under the bus by including her in this huge lie,

LIES. She has known about the dangerous state of the chapel for a long time and did not suddenly discover the danger prior to the Patron extravaganza. She lies and says that the expert will send her a quote on stabilizing the chapel AND a quote for all the renovation work that needs doing.

LIES. She lies further about her conversation with the imaginary non existent expert that never happened. Too many lies to count as Fanny lays in her favorite position, horizontal, while spewing bullshit at the camera lens in her little pink phone. She then plays the little pouting orphan victim princess by claiming that she is so sad that the Patrons would not be able to go into the chapel. And didn’t Fanny purchase hard hats in preparation for the Patron Day crapfest? She lies and lies nonstop.

Did Fanny go pick up her brother? No, she sends her 80 year old mother to go fetch Gerry.
Where is Fanny? Napping while her mother picks up Gerry.

Potts arrives and of course has to bring blown up prints of Fanny and some of Lie Lande for sale with a hologram and a certificate for each numbered and signed print. How fancy,

LIES. Fanny then claims and complains that “it has been a very very trying day” over getting the made up chapel news from the non existent imaginary expert/ architect who never inspected the chapel and does not exist.

Fanny ends the video by drinking the grifted wine that she made Snorts drive hours to pick up and eating with the Dump crew, volunteers, visitors, and family members who are served a nicer meal than the Patrons will receive the following day. How much did she charge her Dump crew, visitors, family members, etc. for their meal on the terrace?

How many other lies have I missed?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
A woman after my own heart. Congratulations.
My sewing is all hand stitched-everything. Ginny Beyer has been my inspiration and I do quilts which resemble my Persian carpets. I have spent years in India in a semi meditative state sewing!! The repetition of the stitches, in my opinion,
can correspond to a chant.
Yes I agree the repetitive nature of quilting by hand or machine gets me in a zen like zone, I quilted the blue quilt a couple of days before my small Op to take my mind off worrying! I haven't hand quilted in a few years, once I became more able with my sewing machine, but I still do some hand embroidery. I find sewing very relaxing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can't believe it. After just over a year of lurking.....I'm finally caught up! That won't last too long though, since y'all are maniacs and fill pages faster than my middle aged eyes can keep up! 🤣

What an absolute embarassment of a party. It would have been fun for each of the tables to be a recreation of some of the more noteworthy tables that have been featured on the vlogs. It would have given the peons a little thrill to see throwbacks to their favorite episodes. AND they would been able to use the hoardes of tableware and linens they've got. But I guess that would have taken some forethought which is clearly in short supply at the farmhouse.

And why lie about the advice from some invisible chapel architect? Why not just say "for the safety of my patrons, I have decided to not allow any visitors in the chapel." That would look more loving and like she actually CARED about them. No ability to milk the "we need more money to pay the architect" angle I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
They are gorgeous. You are very talented.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@The Simple Life
The Princess announced that some architect or whatever came that day and inspected the chapel and... hear folk, he told her that nobody should go into it because it is really dangerous and could collapse any time. And... he will give her a quote for restauration.
I haven’t seen the vlog yet. If that’s the case wouldn’t you try to save the window so if it collapses they would be saved! Or it is me? Especially with the price of the restoration but it wasn’t her money so she doesn’t care.
Her lies about the chapel are most infuriating, but right down her alley. It could collapse any minute now, but it could also just stand there for years to come: baloney of course, but it keeps the most lucrative grift going. Stephanie Jarvis sure knows what her audience like to pay for. The mystery surrounding what exactly is wrong and how to fix it could span years to come, or so she hopes.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
Both pieces are gorgeous!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I want to know how much MP was charging for his photos and Aundi for her signed postcard prints.

Reactions: 9
I got into doing 18 count needlepoint for a while a few years back and did a few needlepoints of my favorite impressionist paintings. I don’t know how well the photos will show up, but here are a few of them.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Her lies about the chapel are most infuriating, but right down her alley. It could collapse any minute now, but it could also just stand there for years to come: baloney of course, but it keeps the most lucrative grift going. Stephanie Jarvis sure knows what her audience like to pay for. The mystery surrounding what exactly is wrong and how to fix it could span years to come, or so she hopes.
Are we talking about the whole building collapsing or just the vaulted ceiling inside?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.