The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
I'm very sorry for your experiences, and losing your son, I can't imagine your pain.

Later in MMM video they went out for dinner and the children were eating large steaks and chips. They were really enjoying their food. So I don't think you have to worry about them eating.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just heard on the news that the Queens Doctors are concerned for her health and Charles & Camilla are on their way to Balmoral.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
😬 Too cheap to rent a tent to accommodate the party in case of rain.....
Good grief!!!
🤦🏼‍♀️
Come come now!
They used the garage because it was Snorty's idea. No other explanation for it. And he would have been proud of his suggestion too; running breathless to Fanny, with his brilliant solution, and taking all the credit. She would have bestowed her most brilliant smile on her minion and gasping, hand to mouth said "Oh Philip! That's paaarfect!" Then they would have hurried hand in hand to inspect the area, kissed in the moonlight, gone back inside, and opened a bottle of the best whatever to celebrate and discuss logistics. Everyone would have been told of Philip's brilliant idea! Armoire would have been brought in to be told to move the Jag and Chloe been told to clean the space. Kat, and the Ukranian plus Kirsty would have pitched in to help clear this dumping ground... while Snorts stayed inside pouring over a seating arrangement chart and with Fanny, planned the decor. Clip boards would have been in evidence. Isabelle would have initially been filled with scepticism (Oh but Stephanieeee, it's a dirty garage!) but was won round by Fanny's bubbly enthusiasm that they could save tons of money by not hiring a proper party marquee. Table cloths, serving utensils, the third best flatware, paper napkins (from gift grabs), flowers and which plates to eat off would have all been Snorty's idea. The seating arrangements would have taken days and involved cut out bits of paper on a chart, so thicko Fanny would have been able to visualise it all. Countless trips to the attic with Fanny would have taken place, but every item chosen for the layout would have come from Philip. Each time he had yet another idea, Fanny would have extolled his virtues to Isabelle, thereby reinforcing how essential he is in her eyes to the smooth running of the dump. And he went to bed very happy every night, believing his place at the shitoo is secure. No-one in this story lives happily ever after though, because everyone has their own little agenda and all the life, love and laughter can't hide the fact that deep down, no-one, not a single person and not even Fanny, truly likes Philip.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
I had to log off after reading this. I was so engulfed with rage & sadness at the behaviour of your narc mother & the devastating effect it had on your son.
Not making it about me but I can see how my narc sister has been with her daughter & also me. People can undermine the effect a narc can have on another person but your dreadfully sad story is proof positive of just how toxic they can be. I cannot think of anything to say which would console you - just so very sad for you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
You see, from the outside it may appear as a joke. Although of a very bad taste. But, as I have explained in another post, it hides some deeper dynamics, which are of a darker nature. It is very peculiar that Ollie, who is supposed to train people on emotional intelligence, takes this as a joke and not as what really is.
I wrote this before I read your post, as I'm way behind in this thread.
I can understand how this upset you deeply. I am was very sorry to read you story, and am so sorry you lost your son this way.

I agree that I don't think Ollie is very emotionally intelligent, so don't know how he can 'teach' it. I'm not even sure if it can be taught. I think it is something you only get through experiencing difficulties in your own life and building empathy for others from it (my theory!)

They seem to enjoy teasing each other, my hubby and I bicker but we mostly enjoy it, and stop if other has said not today etc. Can't explain it but we are happy, but people that don't know us well probably think we are nuts!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The "Dancing in the kitchen" video was a lot more fun than all these boring "Let's decorade this Toile room for the 10 week in a row" vlogs. I'd wish she'd do more vlogs like this.
God, I found this the worst yet and we were treated to a repeat performance since they were dancing in a previous vlog, so cringe worthy

• Heart
Reactions: 18
How much do we love the “I just woke up” vlogs that start out in Steph’s bed?
Jules 100, might I recommend you drag out, at least, a twin size bed into the Tiki Hut at Southernmost Chateau. I think it would be fabulous to open your next vlog from your outdoor bed. Not that I would ever tell you what to do, of course. . . .
Meanwhile, here we are Daze 3 of Patron Daze. Imagine the damp air, the potential cloud bursts as everyone is jammed in the former tomb of the jaguar.
I for one am absolutely dying to see the inside of the Squirrel Shop, curious if Phi is already SOLD OUT.
Onward!
Do we know how the proceeds from the sales of the second hand goods, sorry pre loved items will be allotted? Into the bank of Jarvis or possibly donated to local community of charity?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
You see, from the outside it may appear as a joke. Although of a very bad taste. But, as I have explained in another post, it hides some deeper dynamics, which are of a darker nature. It is very peculiar that Ollie, who is supposed to train people on emotional intelligence, takes this as a joke and not as what really is.
Absolutely! I wonder what Ollie really does teach if he is so blind to this darker side to himself.
I had several years of therapy during my therapy training to allow me see those parts I'd hidden from me.
Off to look for an Ollie Emotional Intelligence website and check out his qualifications.

Reactions: 20
Do we know how the proceeds from the sales of the second hand goods, sorry pre loved items will be allotted? Into the bank of Jarvis or possibly donated to local community of charity?
Don’t believe that it has ever been mentioned by Fanny but in reality there is only one place any monies will be going. If by any chance she was going to be altruistic then she would have been shouting about it by now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Basically, to save you reading, he has duck all emotional level qualifications.

OLIVER STRONG Managing Partner
Ollie is the Co-Founder and a Managing Partner of Intelligent Emotion with a passion for helping organisations from all sectors shift internal communications and engagement firmly into the role of critical strategic enabler. He loves to get the creative mind buzzing – generally helped by several dozen skinny lattes.

With nearly 20 years’ experience in internal communications, change communications, engagement, investor relations, employer branding and external communications, Oliver has been trusted advisor to FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 executives, from travel, to property, to automotive and financial services. He has led global communications teams and has picked up awards along the way, most notably the overall CIPD Winners Award while leading the global internal communications and engagement function at RSA Insurance.

Oliver has a BA in Modern History from Oxford University and was drawn to communications through research for his Masters dissertation at Durham University. He lives with his growing tribe in Cambridge and to unwind can be found in his art studio doing battle with oils.

😂
Oh dear,

CAMILLA LEYLAND Ops and Administration

Camilla is a former journalist, conference organiser and yoga teacher who is now turning her many talents to supporting the Intelligent Emotion team.

Camilla looks after Intelligent Emotion’s bookkeeping, invoicing and expenses and she also provides hands on project support where required with things like event logistics. Camilla has a first-class Masters’ degree in Near and Middle Eastern Studies from SOAS.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I do this at cake shops, jewellery shops and furniture shops too. Most times I don't purchase, it's called window shopping.
I am a great believer that, by and large, we have the lives we choose. crappy things happen, but we have choices as to how we respond. I was at boarding school from age 7 and was perplexed on moving up to the main school, as to why there was "diet table" which appeared to only have perfectly elegant, older girls on it. Some years later I read in the press that one of these girls had scandalised her parents by running off with her hairdresser. I hope it worked out and she made a good life for herself.
Of course we all window shop to some extent but I could never torture my own children or grandchildren with the scenario described by Camilla. My heart goes out to Simple Life for the terrible pain she suffered but I salute her for her resilience and determination to make a good life for herself despite the misfortune.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
None of those patrons are kitted out in clobber (clothes) that would cost anywhere near the cost of that dress, even if it was “second hand,” which is somehow meant to make it ok.

Would the vulture have spent that much money on food and beverages on the guests for 3 days? Fancy putting them in that old garage/“salvage yard.” Imagine if there are people who have flown/driven long distances, or even turned up from a local area, expecting some sort of gratitude for their patronage, to be treated in that abysmal way. If I was one of those people I would not be able to keep my mouth closed. I’d be wanting a refund! I don’t know what I expected, but it must have been more than that.

It’s like some surreal Christmas card of those who showed up at the manger without the animals On that note, it would be wonderful if the sheep and chickens got loose and wreaked havoc in said “manger.”

I don’t know why I’m surprised. Like @Pekey said we’d be treated better and have gotten a decent feed at Bunnings!
I've mentioned this before, but on my last trip home to Oz, my brother arrived to take me to breakfast. I was delighted with the idea and envisioned some lovely little bayside cafe. But being the joker he is, he took me to Bunnings. I was still delighted! There's just something so essentially Aussie about a Bunnings sausage sizzle that's hard to beat! I ate three, downed it with a Passiona, and came away very happy! I'd still rather eat in the car, parked at a hardware store than eat at lieLande.

For those who don't know what Bunnings is, they are a major Australian hardware, garden center and building supplies merchant with 1000's of outlets Australia wide. The famous 'sausage sizzle' takes place at the entrance and involves an outdoor bbq selling pork sausages wrapped in sliced bread, usually with the option of fried onions liberally dumped on top and smothered with the choice of tomato sauce and mustard. The tented bbq area is set up, not by Bunnings itself but by local institutions (schools, charities, clubs etc) to raise funds for various activities. A symbiotic relationship exists between the store and these fund raisers and it remains a much loved Australian tradition.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Thank you for posting the patron comments @Just Grift Wood …… it really is a brainwashed cult isn’t it?

I have to say the description of the day showed at least she did seem to have things quite well organised - ie moving the cult members from area to area …. (presumably so they didn’t have time to delve too much & god forbid they might even wander around on their own & ask awkward questions) …. ending with the ‘group chat’ (debrief?) in the winter salon with mother & daughter holding court as their loyal subjects were paraded before them for an audience (with no doubt a strict time slot.)

Do we think she (Patrons) paid all of the Team LieLande (Guards) to play their allotted part?

Reactions: 10
Whilst we are waiting for more Patron Days info to trickle in, here are some very recent pics from Chloe’s (I like her) insta.

What is that metal canister on the ground? Is it a European door stopper or just junk on the floor acting like a door stopper?
View attachment 1561952
View attachment 1561953

What are those little squares spread out on the glass shelf? Individual wet wipes because of no running water or condoms?
View attachment 1561956
View attachment 1561966View attachment 1561957

Remember the toilet duck? Now he’s a design feature.
View attachment 1561958

What’s in the can on the floor on the far side of the toilet?
View attachment 1561960View attachment 1561961

Dan’s dangling pantry wires. I don’t think this is a good place to hang onions or anything else because no one can reach the items in the very back above the refrigerators and of course no one will clean anything that falls on top of them.
View attachment 1561963

We usually gripe about the grime by this kitchen cabinet’s door handles, but look at the nasty floor below it. Gross.
View attachment 1561964
Does anyone else think that the toilet roll holder should be on the other wall? I would find it awkward to reach backwards.

Filthy pigs! Sorry pigs....are cleaner than Fanny and her fans at the shitshow. That floor is as disgusting as the cupboard.

Has anyone figured out what the things are on the bathroom shelf?

Reactions: 11
Assuming Potts was the photographer, I wonder if every Lalander in attendance was included in this photo. I don't see my version of Clara anywhere and now I'm disappointed. I guess I have to rethink my theories and come up with a new suspect 😖
Not say Clara is she...but is FRK in this photo anywhere?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.