The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reasonable effort 😂 ? She gets £33k a month from these people!!! She's had ages to prepare& she comes up with something which resembles a family party. Not a prestige event at a chateau.
Couldn't even clear the old doors from the dining area. Hard old seats, un-ironed table cloths, usual farmhouse cheap food, stingy cheeseboard.
These people have been conned by the snake oil saleswoman who is still getting away with it.
Sorry but this event is cheap & shoddy. If those people are stupid enough to be happy with this level of event then they deserve to be scammed IMO.
Everything is relative and by Fanny's standards I think it is a reasonable effort-look what she did for the paying guests for the music workshop. I wouldn't have plonked people on school chairs, I would have ironed table clothes, if she was going rustic she could have done something like this https://www.sarahk.co.uk/collection...ucts/pink-ditsy-ruffle-edge-floral-tablecloth. I always over cater (a family trait). I would however say I bet you the patrons lapped this up, just being in her aura probably is enough for them. If I had been Fanny I would have done the lunch on the terrace or if they needed to be inside it would have been in the entrance hall. Alas I am not Fanny, if I was I wouldn't dream of taking in excess of $33,000 a month from complete strangers. Not meaning to be too judgemental, but from the photos they don't look a particularly well heeled bunch which to me makes it even worse. I definitely would have done the cheese on a beautiful board with an abundance of figs, nuts and pears and I would have used linen napkins too, but I bet the cult members are euphoric and about to up their monthly contributions. We have a jaundiced view of her here but they think she is a precious little angel

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
From the pics I wasn’t too impressed. But, Fanny obviously knows her guests. They are thrilled just to be there and in her presence and that of the other cast of characters at the shitoo. Regardless of that, wouldn’t it have been nice to cater in some nice food for the damn thing? She has all those refrigerators available to keep things cold. I know someone who had a wedding in a machine shed and it was the most beautiful transformation when they finished. I see very little effort here at all. She’s counting on her “star power” to carry the day.
It seems to me that the lalande characters were worried more about their own selves, security, and safety than the patreons having a good time. There was some effort put into the first day, lalande style effort, but mainly to me it was about looking after themselves first. This is a very tightly controlled event. Lalaland decided how many patreons could come each day, times allotted for each patreon to visit, the flower pots on the terrace steps stopping anyone from wandering that way, only lalande men sitting at the tables chatting to people: Dan, Potts, Uncle, but not Percy, too vulnerable maybe? The controlled tours of small groups going through lalande by Snorts, penning them into an outbuilding when there are so many other spots inside that could have worked. To me, this is not a relaxed event, it is an event set up to protect themselves. They are herding a small group of elite followers who send them money every month. Lalande was forced into doing this event, but by god they are going to look after themselves first. The lalande crew are acting like patreons will steal from, trash, and deface laland! Lalande crew also know from here that there are patreons who are very unhappy with the chateau and Stefameme and planned action for patreon days. I dont know if what I am saying is making any sense, these are just my thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It looks like (some of) the patreons, especially the two older women, are having a nice time. The tenderhearted, pitying side of me is happy for them...
Honestly though, I cannot help but feel that anyone showing up to this "event" is just sad, desperate, and pathetic. Then again, I am not a groupie and I have never been impressed by celebrities, I am talking about the real celebrities... How in the world can they actually be thrilled to visit these ridiculous legend in their own minds charlatans.
I really feel sorry for these patreons. They just don't know any better. These sheople scream hoodwinked, lonely, I wannbe valid and included...

Anyone remember those stupid coin operated animal rides right outside of the grocery stores?
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.48.54 AM.png

The PD pictures remind me of when I would see happy, smug toddlers on these horrific rides- Smiling patreons going from taking pictures of a bathroom, to a crap lunch in the garage.
Mom or dad on the side, wishing they were home drinking the beer they just bought (Miller Light?) counting down the seconds for horsy to come to a jagged stop- Shateau peops wondering when everyone is going to GTFO so they can have a real party).

The terrace could have accommodated this size group.
They ate in that nasty garage that was full of junk? At least clean it out!
Rumpled tablecloths.
Paper napkins. Emmaus run out of linen?
Cheese placed directly on a metal tray. :sick:
Honestly that was a crap lunch, plated crappily.

Do patreons even know any better? Or do they just not want to admit otherwise... I do feel bad for the one(s) who finally get it though...

When they were throwing crap together for this event, how many times did the Shateau people say, Don't worry about it, they wont know the difference...?

Shame on Chateau Lala. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m more of a lurker on here but I’ve been following for little updates on the PD. Really thinking Clara had been rumbled at this point. Doesn’t look like many showed up going from the pictures so easier to her spot maybe?

Reactions: 10
For shame…the “fashionable “ Chatelaine Ardwhore wore white after Labour Day.

Did Fill-Up/Caitlyn wear toile?
We dont have Labour day rules in Europe as we wear white all year round. In winter we call it winter white. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Merci beaucoup Le Baiseur for starting the new thread. You showed true grit! Went to bed with only one page, woke up to ten! Can't wait to read all the comments. Day two! Let's see how well they are doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
OK, just have to mention this.
BUT, didn't Isabelle6541 say a while ago that the article that she and her fellow patrons were working towards with their journalist would be published sometime on the day of the first Patreon Summer Party?
Did I mis-read/misunderstand that?
Am I the only member here who finds it extraordinarily strange that neither @ClaraBurnett or @Isabelle6541 have made absolutely no comment whatsoever here today? Even just to confirm, that they did in fact attend? And, will come back later with more details. :unsure:

Reactions: 17
I’m more of a lurker on here but I’ve been following for little updates on the PD. Really thinking Clara had been rumbled at this point. Doesn’t look like many showed up going from the pictures so easier to her spot maybe?
Like all good spies, her true identity must be protected until she comes out of the cold.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
BUT, didn't Isabelle6541 say a while ago that the article that she and her fellow patrons were working towards with their journalist would be published sometime on the day of the first Patreon Summer Party?
Am I the only member here who finds it extraordinarily strange that neither @ClaraBurnett or @Isabelle6541 have made absolutely no comment whatsoever here today? Even just to confirm, that they did in fact attend? And, will come back later with more details. :unsure:
Maybe they are attending all days so a bit risky to be on here? Who knows? I never thought she would be brought down on patron days anyway-I am sure they will be back to report and hopefully with more ammunition.

Reactions: 16
We dont have Labour day rules in Europe as we wear white all year round. In winter we call it winter white. 😂😂
Just to clarify the wearing of white after Labour Day in the states. It's regional! On the west coast we don't have these silly rules about white for brides or seasons. We wear what we want, when we want. Please don't think we are all alike, it's a VERY BIG country!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
November...
Attending Patreon Days interviewing SJ, if she wanted to. Then around 2-3 months for publishing...

• Heart
Maybe they are attending all days so a bit risky to be on here? Who knows? I never thought she would be brought down on patron days anyway-I am sure they will be back to report and hopefully with more ammunition.
I personally don't feel that any Patrons would ultimately have been given the option to attend "all" 3 days. As in, just one of the 3 days.
Absolutely agree, but I am sure that @Isabelle6541 stated previously that the article would be published on the first day and that she would post the link to that article here on TL.
As always, more than happy to be corrected if I misunderstood intentions. :D

Reactions: 4
As much as Stephanie & Philip go on about porcelain and table settings and serving accessories and proper this and that, this lunch set up really sucks. 1% effort. S&P were thinking, just like @lyna said, “They won’t know the difference”. I guess when we were all expecting 0% effort, 1% is a job well done.🤮

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Here you are, you bunch of dreadful people! 🥰 :love:
On F*******ook:
I wish I hadn’t posted on here because I just found out that someone has taken pictures off my profile and posted on tattle with derogatory remarks . Shame the same managed to omit the fact that it was a fantastic day , absolute bunch of dreadful people !
And she knows this becaaaaaaaaause....?
She reads here??
huh?.jpeg

The infamy of it all...

Hey Suzy Q, glad you had a great day. Truly... You deserve exactly what you paid for.
😘😘😘

We are just a bunch of +/- 15 (same number of peops who showed up for P day) dreadful people having our own FREE fun...
Let it be, let it be, let it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Smoochies and squishy hugs.
Byeeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha
  • Heart
Thank you! @Le Baiseur

Phi Phi was also in a white shirt.
It seems to me that he also painted his nails white.
His job was, apparently, "leading tours"
It looks like the La La team has gone all out!
What they can do, they must! Big $$$$$ is at stake!
There is just something strange about viewing other people's toilets. I just imagine cats showing other cats around and pointing our their litter boxes. 🙀

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just to clarify the wearing of white after Labour Day in the states. It's regional! On the west coast we don't have these silly rules about white for brides or seasons. We wear what we want, when we want. Please don't think we are all alike, it's a VERY BIG country!
But when amongst friends, it's fun to feign shock and disgust when we see someone wearing white shoes after Labor day.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I personally don't feel that any Patrons would ultimately have been given the option to attend "all" 3 days. As in, just one of the 3 days.
Absolutely agree, but I am sure that @Isabelle6541 stated previously that the article would be published on the first day and that she would post the link to that article here on TL.
As always, more than happy to be corrected if I misunderstood intentions. :D
Clara isn't a patron she is a "friend" and @Isabelle6541 she stated that someone from her group would be there every day again there is more than one of them. She said they were also taking lawyers as their plus one. I think she said the article was being published in November in a Dutch publication?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I was wondering earlier, whether the existing heating system at the HMN is actually divided into different boilers (whatever) for separate areas within the HMN.
It dawned on me that of course SJ didn't originally install an entirely new functioning system for the entire HMN at all way back when, simply because if she can't afford to install these days as she constantly bleats on about, then she certainly couldn't have afforded to do it in the past.
They installed under floor heating in the Grand Salon which apparently never worked.
For example, how are Nic and Potts' apartments currently heated? No mention of wood burners being installed there! :unsure:
Nic has a wood burner in his apartment. I do think Natty and Am have been living in there. Larking has sold up? Absolutely no sign of them coming back since Easter and his parents being there. And we know Me me and squirrel are going to see them in Belgium soon .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would imagine there's no time till it's over to get organized to post here... I doubt they have access to Fanny's internet... They are prob starving and headed to a great restaurant to eat and socialize with like minded... wish I was there. Don't forget they're there on their own dime... so unless you chipped in financially to them, wait and see.

• Heart
I did think it was an all American thing so interesting to hear it’s not. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.