The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as Stephanie & Philip go on about porcelain and table settings and serving accessories and proper this and that, this lunch set up really sucks. 1% effort. S&P were thinking, just like @lyna said, “They won’t know the difference”. I guess when we were all expecting 0% effort, 1% is a job well done.🤮
It always does they have ghastly tablecloths and linens and litter the table with glitzy peacock napkins rings and the like. They have zero idea on table settings but I think Fanny read her fans well, they think anything she does is fabulous. Pube boy probably sold them a load of old sheets on the way out saying "they are previously love La Lande tablecloths but we want to give you some of our favourites."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And how do we know these are actually patrons. Could be friends and acquaintances roped in to swell the numbers. I'll be sceptical about anything this group of malingerers do until I see evidence.
Frankly, the alleged guests are their sponsors and I can tell you now that if I had to entertain my sponsors I'd go to a lot more effort than was put into in this case. SJ and her enablers should be ashamed of themselves. Oh, and by the way. I used to cater events and functions so I have some background in this.
They rounded them up at the brocante!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just to clarify the wearing of white after Labour Day in the states. It's regional! On the west coast we don't have these silly rules about white for brides or seasons. We wear what we want, when we want. Please don't think we are all alike, it's a VERY BIG country!
I’m a little uptight about that rule but I’m very old school …back in the day you would raise eyebrows if you wore white after Labor Day! (I am from the south of the USA) Now it’s whatever goes… whatever you want to wear it doesn’t matter.
Also, not to focus on looks but… those two ladies in the picture oh my God.. they looked like Mrs. Bucket 1 and Mrs. Bucket 2! And the blue purse …wow I could see her knocking you out with it …fighting you for the last piece of cheese on the tray.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Something really surprises me, so if you can help me.
The photo of the bathroom shows a radiator. There are also radiators in many other rooms. So, are there also pipes that connect these radiators?
If all this exists, it means that they do not have to install pipes (drilling the walls for pipes and installing radiators has already been done) or radiators.
Maybe it all needs to be inspected, valves replaced and similar, but the infrastructure is there.
So, you just need to install a new burner (wood, pellets, gas) and that would be it. Or not?
And one more thing!
If only a new burner is needed, is it possible that it costs (as SJ stated) €300,000?
And I'm confused again!
From what I recall, the existing radiators aren't the right type, of course not. There have been multiple leaks, etc. with them. It was just another one of Fanny's cheap fixes for heating that didn't work. She just doesn't get it that basic structural necessities are not cheap, not fun, not pretty, and you can't get them at the junk shop or brocante or whatever the French call their junk shops.

Reactions: 11
Baby Bee Gee would have a wet dream over this woman's tablescapes she does some nice linens but like Fanny and Phi Phi always over gilds thinking more is more--she throws everything and the kitchen sink at stuff https://www.mrsalice.com/collections/tablecloths/products/summer-chintz-tablecloth

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Everything is relative and by Fanny's standards I think it is a reasonable effort-look what she did for the paying guests for the music workshop. I wouldn't have plonked people on school chairs, I would have ironed table clothes, if she was going rustic she could have done something like this https://www.sarahk.co.uk/collection...ucts/pink-ditsy-ruffle-edge-floral-tablecloth. I always over cater (a family trait). I would however say I bet you the patrons lapped this up, just being in her aura probably is enough for them. If I had been Fanny I would have done the lunch on the terrace or if they needed to be inside it would have been in the entrance hall. Alas I am not Fanny, if I was I wouldn't dream of taking in excess of $33,000 a month from complete strangers. Not meaning to be too judgemental, but from the photos they don't look a particularly well heeled bunch which to me makes it even worse. I definitely would have done the cheese on a beautiful board with an abundance of figs, nuts and pears and I would have used linen napkins too, but I bet the cult members are euphoric and about to up their monthly contributions. We have a jaundiced view of her here but they think she is a precious little angel
I've worked at and set up all sorts of events. I've been at work events where colleagues have been given better food than this. This set up is suitable for a family party. Not a event where people have paid for her to travel the globe & spend thousands of pounds on wallpaper alone.
The standards of what constitutes catering at the farmhouse is so low that anything other than a pasta and/or sprout salad is viewed as suitable for a high paying patron? I'm sure the poor deluded fools who are daft enough to go there will big it up as the greatest experience of their life to dine in a garage with a Z list TV 'star'.

It's an attempt to show those stupid patrons that she is being frugal as always (yeah right) & how busy busy they are. No champers for you lot, see how we've not wasted money on hiring in chairs, yes all the produce is from the garden, wine from a friend of ours at a bargain rate...ooh we've barely had time to clear out the garage we've been so busy with all the renovation...all flim flam. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
It looks like (some of) the patreons, especially the two older women, are having a nice time. The tenderhearted, pitying side of me is happy for them...
Honestly though, I cannot help but feel that anyone showing up to this "event" is just sad, desperate, and pathetic. Then again, I am not a groupie and I have never been impressed by celebrities, I am talking about the real celebrities... How in the world can they actually be thrilled to visit these ridiculous legend in their own minds charlatans.
I really feel sorry for these patreons. They just don't know any better. These sheople scream hoodwinked, lonely, I wannbe valid and included...

Anyone remember those stupid coin operated animal rides right outside of the grocery stores?
View attachment 1561749
The PD pictures remind me of when I would see happy, smug toddlers on these horrific rides- Smiling patreons going from taking pictures of a bathroom, to a crap lunch in the garage.
Mom or dad on the side, wishing they were home drinking the beer they just bought (Miller Light?) counting down the seconds for horsy to come to a jagged stop- Shateau peops wondering when everyone is going to GTFO so they can have a real party).

The terrace could have accommodated this size group.
They ate in that nasty garage that was full of junk? At least clean it out!
Rumpled tablecloths.
Paper napkins. Emmaus run out of linen?
Cheese placed directly on a metal tray. :sick:
Honestly that was a crap lunch, plated crappily.

Do patreons even know any better? Or do they just not want to admit otherwise... I do feel bad for the one(s) who finally get it though...

When they were throwing crap together for this event, how many times did the Shateau people say, Don't worry about it, they wont know the difference...?

Shame on Chateau Lala. Do better.
Metal tray:
Trace elements of heavy metals and...
Ammonium hydroxide pH adjuster
Aluminium oxide abrasive
Deodorized kerosene carrier
Oleic acid
Stearic acid
Ethoxylated cleaning agent...

Plus cheese. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I've worked at and set up all sorts of events. I've been at work events where colleagues have been given better food than this. This set up is suitable for a family party. Not a event where people have paid for her to travel the globe & spend thousands of pounds on wallpaper alone.
The standards of what constitutes catering at the farmhouse is so low that anything other than a pasta and/or sprout salad is viewed as suitable for a high paying patron? I'm sure the poor deluded fools who are daft enough to go there will big it up as the greatest experience of their life to dine in a garage with a Z list TV 'star'.

It's an attempt to show those stupid patrons that she is being frugal as always (yeah right) & how busy busy they are. No champers for you lot, see how we've not wasted money on hiring in chairs, yes all the produce is from the garden, wine from a friend of ours at a bargain rate...ooh we've barely had time to clear out the garage we've been so busy with all the renovation...all flim flam. 🤣
She did an excellent job...
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Here you are, you bunch of dreadful people! 🥰 :love:
On F*******ook:
I wish I hadn’t posted on here because I just found out that someone has taken pictures off my profile and posted on tattle with derogatory remarks . Shame the same managed to omit the fact that it was a fantastic day , absolute bunch of dreadful people !
Here you are, you bunch of dreadful people! 🥰 :love:
On F*******ook:
I wish I hadn’t posted on here because I just found out that someone has taken pictures off my profile and posted on tattle with derogatory remarks . Shame the same managed to omit the fact that it was a fantastic day , absolute bunch of dreadful people !
I think this person has the wrong bunch of degenerates!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The scenes from the Patron Day 1 are both hilarious and ironic. These people have been watching AND PAYING the Chatelaine & the table setter to tart up dining tables with all the crystal & porcelain they helped to buy and here they are crammed into an outhouse that wasn't emptied or even cleaned with the cheapest tableware they had stashed away in the attics. So rude & uncaring. Was there not one decent room in all that ruddy chateau they could have made an effort to decorate and welcome PATRONS for god's sake? In the olden days they prepped for months to make banquets for visiting nobles who were chateau patrons - I bet that if that Duchess who SJ proudly goes on about in the intro had been treated like that on her visit, the Marquis de Nadillac would have been no more.Btw wouldn't this have been an occasion for Phi Phi to promote his table-setting channel? Oh forgot, he's got his shoppe to 'reveal' & get a quicker cash grab.
But it's not a chateau, it's a farmhouse, so guests have to be fed in the barn! Even my farming grandmother fed the hoards of workers during harvest in her home, and she was French!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Clara isn't a patron she is a "friend" and @Isabelle6541 she stated that someone from her group would be there every day again there is more than one of them. She said they were also taking lawyers as their plus one. I think she said the article was being published in November in a Dutch publication?
Yes, I know that @ClaraBurnett is not a patron, and was initially invited as a neighbourhood "friend".
But, didn't realise that @Isabelle6541's journalist contact would not be publishing their article until Nov.
Thanks to you and @ContesseRose for the update in that area. :)

It is Fanny all over-she spends £2k on an Erdem dress for herself but can't even put linen napkins on the table for the people who inadvertently paid for the dress, but she will get away with it and they will think she has been gracious to allow them in. I hate that she is frugal with others but smothers herself with largesse it is a terrible quality. She does not have a generous spirit and inwardly she will begrudge having to do this at all. The blue rinse brigade bore her, she looks on them with disdain and will be laughing at them when they leave. She is the type of person who would order the most expensive thing on the menu when someone else is paying (even if she doesn't like it) but if she is paying would just have a starter. She is the sort of person who if she was splitting the bill would count to the penny what she has had. She is everything I dislike. I put more effort into a casual family BBQ a few weeks ago, lovely ironed cloth, lots of flowers in various heights but so people could see over them, lots of candles, linen napkins and lots and lots of food and a choice of puds and way too much wine

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m more of a lurker on here but I’ve been following for little updates on the PD. Really thinking Clara had been rumbled at this point. Doesn’t look like many showed up going from the pictures so easier to her spot maybe?
Naw... Clara is far too clever for that. Besides, this is only day one of the Daze Debacle.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It is Fanny all over-she spends £2k on an Erdem dress for herself but can't even put linen napkins on the table for the people who inadvertently paid for the dress, but she will get away with it and they will think she has been gracious to allow them in. I hate that she is frugal with others but smothers herself with largesse it is a terrible quality. She does not have a generous spirit and inwardly she will begrudge having to do this at all. The blue rinse brigade bore her, she looks on them with disdain and will be laughing at them when they leave. She is the type of person who would order the most expensive thing on the menu when someone else is paying (even if she doesn't like it) but if she is paying would just have a starter. She is the sort of person who if she was splitting the bill would count to the penny what she has had. She is everything I dislike. I put more effort into a casual family BBQ a few weeks ago, lovely ironed cloth, lots of flowers in various heights but so people could see her them, lots of candles, linen napkins and lots and lots of food and a choice of puds and way too much wine
Thing is, she had every chance to impress and it looks like she failed. Patrons want bang for their buck and this wasn't it. She chose to be miserly for a reason, and the only reason could be would have been to impress upon her guests her need for more funds. Sickening really.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Clara isn't a patron she is a "friend" and @Isabelle6541 she stated that someone from her group would be there every day again there is more than one of them. She said they were also taking lawyers as their plus one. I think she said the article was being published in November in a Dutch publication?
Unless you're President of the US or a £100m International Business I've never, ever heard of a lawyer attending a gathering on these terms. Certainly not in a professional capacity. It would breach our code of conduct.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Unless you're President of the US or a £100m International Business I've never, ever heard of a lawyer attending a gathering on these terms. Certainly not in a professional capacity. It would breach our code of conduct.
Just saying what has been said. It could be a lawyer who also used to be a patron who knows just repeating what was said on here by @Isabelle6541

slyna, post: 11618673, member: 183597
She did an excellent job...
:rolleyes:

except when it comes to her OWN PERSONAL SHOPPING nothing but the best for steph princess. So retirement home thinking skimping on basics for the lowly PATREONS AND PAYING GUESTS. ITS a wonder she doesnt scrap half eaten plates into a soup pot for next day aparently thats a common retirement home trick and or the ones who have digestive issues its scraped from others plates into a blender with mashed potato into a puree.

• Sick
  • Angry
It is Fanny all over-she spends £2k on an Erdem dress for herself but can't even put linen napkins on the table for the people who inadvertently paid for the dress, but she will get away with it and they will think she has been gracious to allow them in. I hate that she is frugal with others but smothers herself with largesse it is a terrible quality. She does not have a generous spirit and inwardly she will begrudge having to do this at all. The blue rinse brigade bore her, she looks on them with disdain and will be laughing at them when they leave. She is the type of person who would order the most expensive thing on the menu when someone else is paying (even if she doesn't like it) but if she is paying would just have a starter. She is the sort of person who if she was splitting the bill would count to the penny what she has had. She is everything I dislike. I put more effort into a casual family BBQ a few weeks ago, lovely ironed cloth, lots of flowers in various heights but so people could see over them, lots of candles, linen napkins and lots and lots of food and a choice of puds and way too much wine
When I have a party I put a vintage Pepsi vending machine on the patio and fill it with long neck beers. Some of which may or may not be Miller Light. That’s my level of dedication. Shrimp my husband caught, hand pulled pork cooked in the pit for hours, cushioned patio furniture and nibbles and drinks in every main room of the house. If you make it to 3 am the moonshine comes out of the garage fridge.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.