The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posthumous (sounds a bit morbid) Congratulations to @OhIDontKnow... for the thread title, an honourable mention to @Jeeves for nominating the title.
The other two goes into my thread title archive and may be used in the future.
Thank you moderator for putting the up.

Edit: Thanks @Iolair for reminding me. @Freesia54 congratulations on your VIP status. Thread number 179 is yours to name. @Hemerocallis soon to be VIP, I'm leaving 180 for you.

To all the gangsta grannies remember to read the Wiki - LOL.
Happy tattling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Yes the more uncomfortable the better, preferably the bench version.

Also well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread, rather you than me.

Plus congratulations @Freesia54 on your VIP

Reactions: 19
Not sure, others will know who still watch the shit. But I have seen photos of that hall and she has had other dinner parties in there- those few guests in the garage could have been entertained inside. You know, when I have guests here, and I entertain outside due to the heat-we sit on cushioned chairs, well set tables, candles, incense, I serve the best food I can afford and cook, and have copious drinks . I even set up for a casual bbq's better than her poo stained garage- she didn't even try.

Reactions: 26
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.

I was thinking the same. The drapes don’t work well with the walls but I like the modern tub. I wonder if it’s the bathroom to the Marquis’ suite?
So why serve that bordeaux wine if the only link is so loose to chateau verse (same name is all). Wouldn't a more locally produced wine earn her more brownie points with both locals and guests.

Reactions: 20
Yes the more uncomfortable the better, preferably the bench version.

Also well done @Le Baiseur on the new thread, rather you than me.

Plus congratulations @Freesia54 on your VIP
My point about the chairs is a) most of the guests are presumably not French b) this is not a village fete c) Fanny earns 30k a month from these people. Are all they go away with is sore bums & a rustic handcrafted box with a lavender bag & jar of honey?
This is not a classy, sophisticated event. It's an event done on the cheap as usual. This is a massive FU to those patrons IMO. Look you idiots - this is how much I care about you.

Reactions: 33
I think his other dog is called Bertie, happy to be corrected, of course!
No idea on the spelling, I thought Birdie would make sense because the dog is soooo small and with all this hair going in all directions, he looks a bit as if he has feathers

Reactions: 10
I do not know.
All this can be fixed and improved
My radiator leaked last spring, the repairman came, removed the damaged rib and everything is fine.
When we changed the radiators in the kitchen and bathroom, again, the masters came, they made the transition from the old thicker pipes to the thinner new ones and everything was fine again.
I want to say: SJ does not think of introducing heating in the chateau. Not even in the part they use in the winter. These big figures for installing heating that she talks about are just for the purpose of Patreon begging.

Reactions: 19
Speaking of chairs, where are those chairs plaster Ian (and Selmar) had to walk up the stairs?
Even if she didn't have enough chairs. It wouldn't cost her much to rent tables, chairs and service from a company, would it?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Our other newest VIP is Hemercallis. I believe she could have pipped the post the day before Freesia54, but am unsure.

Reactions: 17
I agree about the chairs, nothing worst that a sore bum after sitting for a while.
And, let's not forget, the lavender and honey are freebies courtesy of the HMN forecourt plants and the local farmer.
As we are all fully aware, SJ only spends money on expensive items for herself, outside of which, she is extremely mean and frugal, AKA, tight as a duck's a**e!

Reactions: 13
As a collective they have no idea- the Jarvis women are so cheap and vulgar. For the amount of guests on Day1, and I suppose the same amount for the next 2 days, it wouldn't have cost very much extra at all to have provided better food and ambience. I would have been seriously pissed to be entertained in the garage at a summer party.

Reactions: 21
As there were previously leaks, according to husband the whole system needs to be redone, as if you just reconnect to the exisitng a leak will appear elsewhere. We already know things were done half arsed in the beginng and I suspect the central heating is no exception. An example, one of the Chateaux husband worked (smaller than LaLande) on installing gas (pellet worked out more expensive). The boiler alone was 14,000.00 euros. For the installation of that, hot water tank and pumps came to 33,000.00 euros in total. The pipework in the boiler room was done in iron pipe. The heating system had been well maintained and didn't need touching. So, if you take into account La Lande is a bigger property, so bigger boiler etc, if the heating system has not been maintained or used that much the radiators could crack/leak then that will all need to be redone. In this last year the prices have all increased significantly. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: 15
I believe the honor goes to @Freesia54
Well this is a surprise... sorry I'm late to the party, recovering from surgery is taking it's toll, but each day is better than the day before. A big Thank you to you all for your good wishes... I have no idea where to even begin with this honorary task of naming but I'll give it a shot based on the current topic... The Patreons came in 2 x 2 and herded to the pens. it's naff I know but it's a title....Thanks again for your well wishes..

Reactions: 37
I was wondering earlier, whether the existing heating system at the HMN is actually divided into different boilers (whatever) for separate areas within the HMN.
It dawned on me that of course SJ didn't originally install an entirely new functioning system for the entire HMN at all way back when, simply because if she can't afford to install these days as she constantly bleats on about, then she certainly couldn't have afforded to do it in the past.
They installed under floor heating in the Grand Salon which apparently never worked.
For example, how are Nic and Potts' apartments currently heated? No mention of wood burners being installed there!

Reactions: 6
It is cheap and shoddy, but for Shiteau LieLande’s usual efforts it’s pretty impressive. No brussel sprouts pasta or asparagus boiled eggs in sight. Although that cheese tray… shaking my damn head. You do not serve a cheese tray with the cheese sitting directly on metal! All that bloody damned porcelain that PhiPhi is fondling and they couldn’t find one decent platter? Armoire couldn’t have carved something?

Reactions: 31
Congrats your VIP'ness @Freesia54.
Hope your ongoing recovery is speedier.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.