Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
I hate to think of how cold it was in Derek's nursing home, and how little the paying guests had to eat.
It will have had old draughty windows…. Carpet on the floors or wipe clean? It was a school previously let us not forget.
I’m trying hard to follow up the leads from the local historian I contacted. Unfortunately the local newspaper for that time is not yet digitised

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Summerbaby

VIP Member
MPK's video was well done, the little space below the stairs for Tete was nice touch.

I'm glad that Tete is still with him. I was a bit worried what happened to Tete because Birdie seems to have ditched him for Mo.
I liked his vlog too although did skip through some of the staircase installation. He is an excellent videographer no matter what else he gets up to and I always enjoy his choice of music.
Am a little confused as to why he is cleaning up the entire cottage but there has been no mention of completing the bathroom/toilet as that will defo make one hell of a mess with plaster/grout dust/drilling and digging out channels for piping etc. :unsure:
I agree, that little cubby hole for Tete was really cute and cosy. I think his other dog is called Bertie, happy to be corrected, of course! :D

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Wisconsin fish fry ! You have my attention, signed cheesehead in Europe.
What's your favorite cheesehead recipe?
I enjoyed freshwater fish fry in Wisconsin and Hmong food. And cheese curds which squeaked like mice when you bit them. Only in America.
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 3.29.50 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Heart

NoIAmNotAHorse

Chatty Member
@billybudd

Sorry for the delay. I’m not aware of any recent sprays from here to the UK or vice versa. We have a new PM, and he’s keen on Republicanism, but I’m sure he won’t make a move on that while HM is with us. Our PM still has the best part of 4 years tenure.

I think it was the last Census (2021) or it could have been polls where it was clear that approximately only 40% of the population was keen on the monarchy.

Most people I know aren’t happy at the prospect of Charles’ accession. Younger kids have no idea who/what the RF is, the next two generations up would be quite blasé as long as it’s the Queen, then the oldest generation 80 plus would be 50/50. There’s the multicultural aspect too. I’ve found that those who have been here since the 40s, 50s, but speak very little English aren’t interested in monarchy, and the descendants of the people who immigrated or sought asylum, feel the same way.

I do think that post HM, there’ll be a push for a Republic of Australia.

“…well may we say God save the Queen because nothing will save the Governor General,” said Gough Whitlam of John Kerr. That was the most memorable comment from the constitutional crisis in the mid 70s.

• Heart

pasta_aldente

VIP Member
Thinking you are Swiss? The fish shack celebrates with perch, Wisconsin fish-fry style. Swiss style absinthe, fruit beer, sausages and yummy zwetschgenschober FTW.

Red Grapefruit and Absinthe Cocktail
Appenzeller Bschorle Fruit Beer
Miller Lite
Grandmama's Receipt

Grilled Cervelat Sausages
Wisconsin Fish Fry Beer-battered Perch
Coleslaw
Buttered Rye Bread
Plums Baked in Semolina Custard

Wisconsin fish fry ! You have my attention, signed cheesehead in Europe.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

T Rex

VIP Member
So she is a bit annoying although I do like some of her house tours very informative.
But again you buy a little house in Italy you go on trips, Kids are all in private school boarding school etc. and you’re begging money from strangers
Agreed @mrsp67!

Lucy borgia

I am not fond of them but ....... my god they worked so hard !!!!!!!!!
I followed them in the beginning but went completely off them when they started the begging, it wasn't enough patreon they had so many different fund me, buy me a coffee etc etc. I've watched them lately and they have done a lot of work, lots more than a number of the shittoo owners.

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that the toilet roll holder should be on the other wall? I would find it awkward to reach backwards.

Filthy pigs! Sorry pigs....are cleaner than Fanny and her fans at the shitshow. That floor is as disgusting as the cupboard.

Has anyone figured out what the things are on the bathroom shelf?
Not if you're left-handed, like me!

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
First of all Congratulations 🍾 ❤to all the Tattlers who reached the VIP status. Please forgive me if I'm not mentioning all their names. And thanks to the wonderful thread titles as well. I have been trying to follow everything that has happened and indeed is a lot. Or, maybe, not so much. I'm not going to comment on the Patrons' day débacle as you have already said it all. After all, what else should one expect from SJ? She and her lot are their ususal and so they'll always be.
My only remark is that she was very careful in not disclosing that they were indeed getting ready for the event, although with those very insulting results. I gather she did that just to mock us, and in fact we thought that there were no preparations going on. Well, there weren't many, but still they had to make some room in the garage, get the chairs, setting the tables etc. @Clara Burnett told us they weren't doing anything, that everything was quiet as usual, but perhaps they did all at the last moment.
If the old ladies are happy to be conned and treated like a herd, stuffed in a filthy, dangerous storage place, seated on chairs fit for kindergarten children, well, good for them. From what I could see, they look to be very simple people and probably their idea of a fairytale castle is very low standard.

I wanted to talk instead about the nastiness, cruelty and sadism of that Camilla woman, when she put in front of her daaarling husband a tray full of mouthwatering pastries just to "test his resistance" and went on sadistically describing the characteristics of each one of them.
It was humiliating, she made him look ridiculous in front of the world and took pleasure in torturing him with her fake upper class accent and unnatural always controlled behaviour.
If I were Ollie, I would have been furious, have smacked her botoxed face and eaten everything, plus, sent her to hell.
When you are on a diet, the last thing you want to see is an anorexic woman, severely obsessed with fitness activity torturing me by putting cakes under my nose. You know that this was one of the practices used by nazis in order to extract confessions from starved prisoners?
She has a problem with food and is a control freak.
I found the whole act just disgusting.
Well I'm on a diet (have to lose 15kg for an Op in December) and it wouldn't have worried me. I'm sure they had talked about it before hand, as it must be hard to come up with content ideas. What she should have done was have one in a bag and let him have that at the end, like a dog reward! He will get to eat some at the neighbour when they go to dinner.
Olly doesn't mind having the joke on him, he does it all the time to himself too, and did again with his sanding of the chair in this video.
I really liked seeing the people climbing up to make the towers that was amazing!

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
Pekey, that converts to AUD$47000 pm. Imagine what we could do with that here? Fly all the other Tattlers to Sydney and have a banquet at the Opera House! Then a grand tour to Melbourne and Tasmania staying at 5***** gites all the way!! :rolleyes:
Count me in 😘

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
I think the Queen has gone downhill so much since Phillip died and then she has had to contend with bloody Andrew and selfish Harry and Meagain. She is probably just worn out, she is 96 after all and what is there left for her? I am not a Royalist but I hate the way the media are like vultures just let her have some privacy it was like when Pope John Paul died via live stream it is awful and a private matter not needing a blow by blow account. The bloody BBC has suspended programming till 6pm to give a blow by blow account and on what? She deserves to at least be given a respectful end and dignity with out these vultures wanting to feed on her carrion before she has even died.
Let's hope she's not watching it.. too busy seeing her family..

• Heart

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
Her lies about the chapel are most infuriating, but right down her alley. It could collapse any minute now, but it could also just stand there for years to come: baloney of course, but it keeps the most lucrative grift going. Stephanie Jarvis sure knows what her audience like to pay for. The mystery surrounding what exactly is wrong and how to fix it could span years to come, or so she hopes.
Are we talking about the whole building collapsing or just the vaulted ceiling inside?

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Just to clarify the wearing of white after Labour Day in the states. It's regional! On the west coast we don't have these silly rules about white for brides or seasons. We wear what we want, when we want. Please don't think we are all alike, it's a VERY BIG country!
I did think it was an all American thing so interesting to hear it’s not. 💕

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
I’m just waiting for the leak to the press which she blames everyone for Harry being late in getting the his grandmothers bedside.
I daresay MM threw a tantrum which he had to deal with before being allowed to leave for Balmoral. I see that he has left Scotland again.

• Sad