Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaLaLilly

I’m more of a lurker on here but I’ve been following for little updates on the PD. Really thinking Clara had been rumbled at this point. Doesn’t look like many showed up going from the pictures so easier to her spot maybe?

Reactions: 10

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Hi Fellow Tattlers! Long time "lurker" here, from the US(Portland, OR). Like many, I came here after Michael's "meltdown". But hey, don't judge as I still like MP, and I'm really enjoying brother Billy's vlogs. Anyway, I posted on the Chateau Dairies vlog, after watching tonight. It's late, my 9-5, is more like 7-6. As always, I was extremely disappointed, not surprisingly. Any guesses as to how long my post stays up! I'll buy the winner an IPA(we don't do MillerLite in the PNW). Stay true and keep the scrutiny coming! I may post again. We'll see. Depends how much Phi Phi annoys me, if and when, I chose to endure the CD again!
welcome and a great comment

• Heart

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
I like how the man in that pic is staring at his forkful of ham, like what is this! 😳🤢
😂😂😂
And eating it right along!!!
😬😳😮

View attachment 1561541 View attachment 1561518 View attachment 1561519

Patron, Maria K does not look happy and she has been there since last week. 👆

From 9/1/22 live chat...
Maria K I’m excited to be arriving at Lalande tomorrow!!@The chateau diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Maria K That’s fantastic! We’re so happy to see you again

She has visited before and had the opportunity to meet Philip Janssen's parents.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

7/5/21 live chat...
Maria K @Cara Winsor Hehir Just Aug. 5-9th (I probably won’t want to leave)

9/13/21 live chat...
Maria K @Philip Janssen I thoroughly enjoyed meeting your parents and visiting with your beautiful Mother! when I was at Lalande

• Haha
It is the BBC - the national public service broadcaster. They will have been given information that these probably at the Queen's last hours. They have suspended normal broadcasting which is shown as a sign of respect - not ghoulishness. Briefly looking at the output from the BBC it is sombre & respectful. The reporters are not digging up anything and everything - there is a montage tape already made by all major broadcasters which is updated regularly so that should this day arrive they are prepared to put out a story of her life & reign.
What will be happening now is that everyone will being put on standby for a royal funeral, what the protocol is for the broadcasting in the days after an announcement is made. It is hardly unexpected that a 96 year old woman may pass away.
Whether this is still true in 2022 I do not know.

" “If you ever hear Haunted Dancehall (Nursery Remix) by Sabres of Paradise on daytime Radio 1, turn the TV on. Something terrible has just happened, possibly involving the death of the queen or an untold number of her subjects… Radio stations, especially big ones like the BBC's national pop network Radio 1, are prepared for bad stuff happening: it's called 'obit procedure'. When a catastrophic news story breaks, such as the death of a royal family member, each network has an audience-appropriate mix of obituary music on standby that will 'reflect the mood of the nation', as the internal BBC documentation has it.” – Chris Price, BBC "

Just announced that Harry's wife will not be joining the family at Balmoral today. I don't believe that she'd be welcomed , especially at this time.
Kate hasn't gone either..maybe they're both looking after their children perhaps? Or maybe not enough room in the plane for them all.
ITV have now suspended normal programming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Pno

VIP Member
Why would we be mean to any of them attending? I am grateful to get a glimpse, I was curios enough about it. I just hope nobody of them made debts to be a able to afford the journey. As a host I would have definitely offered more, I hoped she would surprise us all and that even Dan took pity and cooked. I am glad though it was not worse. But to have a good time one doesn't need ironed table cloth so I can imagine that most of them still had a good time and enjoyed meeting each other. I can also imagine though that some of them might reduce the amount of their patronage.
But would Lady Phyllis ensure a slave ironed the tablecloth that she and she dined with the paying BnB guests?

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
None of those patrons are kitted out in clobber (clothes) that would cost anywhere near the cost of that dress, even if it was “second hand,” which is somehow meant to make it ok.

Would the vulture have spent that much money on food and beverages on the guests for 3 days? Fancy putting them in that old garage/“salvage yard.” Imagine if there are people who have flown/driven long distances, or even turned up from a local area, expecting some sort of gratitude for their patronage, to be treated in that abysmal way. If I was one of those people I would not be able to keep my mouth closed. I’d be wanting a refund! I don’t know what I expected, but it must have been more than that.

It’s like some surreal Christmas card of those who showed up at the manger without the animals On that note, it would be wonderful if the sheep and chickens got loose and wreaked havoc in said “manger.”

I don’t know why I’m surprised. Like @Pekey said we’d be treated better and have gotten a decent feed at Bunnings!
I have looked closer and she did even use the cheapest wine glasses imaginable too.

• Sad
With the BBC well into rolling coverage & the presenters wearing black tie. Notes passed round in House of Commons & the 2 leaders promptly disappearing during an important debate on Energy supply & prices . All of the main Royal Family members on their way up to Balmoral now … I’m thinking she may have already passed & it’s now all protocol in full swing & there will be an official announcement later today when all the Royal family are gathered together.

I’m not a particular monarchist but this lady has always taken her role & duties extremely seriously & has been a constant for this country for so many years …. needed all the more with the worrying direction our govt is taking. Times are changing massively for UKL
Oh my goodness, I had no idea. Sounds serious. :cry: Puts everything else into perspective....

• Heart
  • Sad

Ferris Wheel

In the chapel photo I wonder if those bags were placed there to silently signal to patrons that they are going to continue to repair the chapel. Drywall mud or something. All I could make out in French is glue.
At least we know where the pitchers went that were shown in a previous picture showing the cleanout of the bread oven room.

JackSpratt

VIP Member
This is not just news. This is a momentous occasion for the UK & possibly around the world.
" Firstly the nation will go into shock. As the royal biographer, Penny Juror explains, her death will be a "traumatic" event for Britain.
The Queen is such a tremendously popular figure and during the course of her reign, so much has changed so dramatically .There's not an aspect of life that hasn't changed, but the one constant in the midst of this has been the Queen, the rock-solid thing we can hang on to."
There are already crowds outside of Buckingham Palace, Balmoral & Windsor.
I am not a Royalist - but these sorts of events showcase how coverage of this nature is handled by our UK broadcasters. If/when there is the funeral then the pomp & ceremony will also show how these sorts of events are beautifully organised here. I am proud of that.
Perfectly put.

• Heart
View attachment 1562118

So what's with this bath? Why is it not flush to the floor? It looks like it's braced with wooden feet and has some kind of metal tray underneath, possibly for drips? Floor grout needs redoing. No tiles round the edge of the bath, yikes! Wallpaper would get soaked and moldy. But there's fresh (or at least questionable) towels laid out, so someone is staying in this room, otherwise why bother? Is this bathroom still to be renovated and which room is it attached to?

Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?
Name tag - looks like colleen for first name, cant read last name.

JanePlain

Thank you for posting the patron comments @Just Grift Wood …… it really is a brainwashed cult isn’t it?

I have to say the description of the day showed at least she did seem to have things quite well organised - ie moving the cult members from area to area …. (presumably so they didn’t have time to delve too much & god forbid they might even wander around on their own & ask awkward questions) …. ending with the ‘group chat’ (debrief?) in the winter salon with mother & daughter holding court as their loyal subjects were paraded before them for an audience (with no doubt a strict time slot.)

Do we think she (Patrons) paid all of the Team LieLande (Guards) to play their allotted part?

@Iolair Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?

It does make sense that the stickers are name tags (what else could they be) but I don’t think they are as although I can’t read them, either on the photo from the bathroom or the one of the two ladies standing with IJ and Percy, I think I know what those two ladies are called and neither sticker looks like their names on f/b. So the only other thought is maybe they were divided into teams for their tour around the farmhouse as the stickers are different colours as well.

• Wow